Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Coleman? 12:58 - Dec 29 with 969 viewsshandyjack

I know that the list of potential candidates is very underwhelming(bar the stand out Marcelino) but can anyone tell me why Coleman is in the running? I know he is a local boy and did well with Wales in Euros, but he has barely achieved when it comes to club management? Would you rely on him to bring us back up if we went down or even to keep us up?

Poll: Expectation for the season

Why Coleman? on 13:06 - Dec 29 with 937 viewslidojack

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Coleman but he has proven that he has the ability to get performances out of a sub-par defence.
Why Coleman? on 13:06 - Dec 29 with 937 viewswaynekerr55

This.

Club and international management are totally different beasts. See Phil Scolari...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Why Coleman? on 13:08 - Dec 29 with 923 viewsblueytheblue

Why Coleman? on 13:06 - Dec 29 by lidojack

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Coleman but he has proven that he has the ability to get performances out of a sub-par defence.

It does help when you've Bale, Ramsey and Allen though.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Why Coleman? on 13:09 - Dec 29 with 906 views34dfgdf54

Why Coleman? on 13:08 - Dec 29 by blueytheblue

It does help when you've Bale, Ramsey and Allen though.

Ashley Williams marshaling the defence too.
Why Coleman? on 13:09 - Dec 29 with 903 viewsDewi1jack

Because he did well at Fulham when they were PL?

At every club he has averaged over 1.22 pts per game over a 158 games

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-coleman/profil/trainer/451

I still want Marcelino though.
Reckon he could rebuild us and bring us back up next year if the worst happens.
'Arry would only be a short term solution that there is only a 50% chance of success from.
May as well plan for the worst and hope for the best.
Although there are still plenty of points available, we are suffering 4 or 5 transfer windows where our squad has got weaker.
N'gog, Tabanou ffs. Enough said

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Why Coleman? on 13:14 - Dec 29 with 885 viewstomdickharry

Don't think Coleman would want the job. Only one man in my book Marcelino,really hope we are talking to him with a view to appointing.
Why Coleman? on 13:15 - Dec 29 with 881 viewsblueytheblue

He has previously quit clubs citing "differences" and "finances".

His Coventry side were one of the worst teams I'd seen play us, turgid route one stuff.

It's a mixed bag, his managerial career. Good first season at Fulham followed by average / poor seasons, lucked into the Wales job building upon the great work done by Speed and the underrated work of Toshack.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Why Coleman? on 13:17 - Dec 29 with 860 viewsJackUlation

Think our best chances of staying safe will come with

Either Arry + JT & FL

Giggs and Scholes + contacts.

that's it.
Login to get fewer ads

Why Coleman? on 13:17 - Dec 29 with 858 viewspencoedjack

Why Coleman? on 13:15 - Dec 29 by blueytheblue

He has previously quit clubs citing "differences" and "finances".

His Coventry side were one of the worst teams I'd seen play us, turgid route one stuff.

It's a mixed bag, his managerial career. Good first season at Fulham followed by average / poor seasons, lucked into the Wales job building upon the great work done by Speed and the underrated work of Toshack.

Coming from a Bassey that's a big call

'His Coventry side were one of the worst teams I'd seen play us, turgid route one stuff.'
Why Coleman? on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 834 viewsmonmouth

Why Coleman? on 13:17 - Dec 29 by pencoedjack

Coming from a Bassey that's a big call

'His Coventry side were one of the worst teams I'd seen play us, turgid route one stuff.'

But if anyone should know turgid crap when they see it, it is a Bassey. It's his Coventry side I remember too. As Alan Rickman might have said. Truly. Awful. Really.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why Coleman? on 13:23 - Dec 29 with 826 viewsAngelRangelQS

Why Coleman? on 13:21 - Dec 29 by monmouth

But if anyone should know turgid crap when they see it, it is a Bassey. It's his Coventry side I remember too. As Alan Rickman might have said. Truly. Awful. Really.

A Tuesday night game in the middle of winter sticks in my mind - think it was 0-0.

Definitely one of the worst sides I've seen us play. Just behind the QPR side who failed to trouble Tatey for 65 minutes or whatever it was
Why Coleman? on 13:27 - Dec 29 with 797 viewslittle_britton

Doesn't look as if it's going to be Coleman his wife just ruled him out on twitter
Can't do links sorry
Why Coleman? on 13:29 - Dec 29 with 779 viewsharryhpalmer

Why Coleman? on 13:27 - Dec 29 by little_britton

Doesn't look as if it's going to be Coleman his wife just ruled him out on twitter
Can't do links sorry

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Why Coleman? on 13:36 - Dec 29 with 744 viewsmonmouth

Oh God, no Charlotte, no. The Gowerjack will be visiting you....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 13:42]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why Coleman? on 13:38 - Dec 29 with 727 viewsDewi1jack

Why Coleman? on 13:17 - Dec 29 by JackUlation

Either Arry + JT & FL

that's it.

Giggs has managed a team that was well over £300 million to assemble for 4 games.
Bottled staying there under Mourinho the disturbed one, even though he was offered the assistants job.
If he really had the balls for management and wanted to prove himself, why hasn't he taken one of the jobs he's been offered in the Championship or L1?
Or does his playing career mean he should be an automatic choice for the top league?

GM dropped down and is doing ok with the dirty northern monkeys. Learning at a lower level.
Plenty of managers out there with experience of top flight (Germany, Spain, Holland and Italy) football without having to go down the untested route.
Even Cookie has a better level of experience and has quite decent average PPG from being a manager

Why the flying f**k is anyone even mentioning the dickhead Gigg's name?
Only people who are seem to love Utd as their first team.
Why Scoles as well?
Go for someone who may at least have a bit of nous- eg Neville

No as far as Giggs is concerned
Not now. And certainly not until he proves he can do the job at some level

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Why Coleman? on 13:45 - Dec 29 with 704 viewsdobjack2

Why Coleman - Jenkins must think he would be cheap
Why Coleman? on 14:02 - Dec 29 with 631 viewsGlyn1

From yesterday's Guardian: "... Swansea is his hometown club, which means the 46-year-old would be a popular choice with the supporters..." Some reporters need to improve their grasp of logic, or just look at this website.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Why Coleman? on 14:09 - Dec 29 with 604 viewsBloodyhills

Why Coleman? on 13:17 - Dec 29 by JackUlation

Either Arry + JT & FL

that's it.

Giggs + Scholes??

Great players.

Management experience on the other hand :/

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Why Coleman? on 14:29 - Dec 29 with 558 viewscostalotta

Why Coleman? on 13:09 - Dec 29 by Dewi1jack

'Arry would only be a short term solution that there is only a 50% chance of success from.
Although there are still plenty of points available, we are suffering 4 or 5 transfer windows where our squad has got weaker.

Its a no from me.

1.22 points per game is an improvement on what we've got so far but with 12 on the board that would equate to 24-25 points to add to that 12 (=36-37). Fine margins...

Given that we are in desperate need of reinforcements all over would Coleman have the ability to not only attract what we need? Would he have the contacts?

This is obviously going to come down to (ambition) appetite for risk? I hope that at least the decision is made to give us a chance. Marcelino seems to have a very good CV but would we go back to him? Same Giggs although I think that would be a poor choice IMO. We do have form for that though. We couldn't close a deal with Flynn before appointing Cusack. A few months later Flynn came in so who knows. These would type of appointments would perhaps signal a return to the old way of doing things i'd say but out of the two its Marcellino for me.

From the other side of the fence and out of Pearson, Redknapp or Hodgson I think i'd go with Redknapp if he could bring Terry and Lampard, for the experience and knowhow.
Why Coleman? on 14:56 - Dec 29 with 483 viewsLeonWasGod

Why Coleman? on 13:09 - Dec 29 by Dewi1jack

Yep. His PL record is fine - he got Fulham over-achieving snd then they crumbled when he left. Whether he contributed to their eventual relegation through bad signings or whatever, I'm not sure. On the face of it he's the sort of manager we'd look at, but his stock is probably overly high at the moment. He'd be an ok appointment, especially if Osian Roberts could be persuaded to come with him. The sort of team who could overhaul us through all levels and build a plan for the future. We wouldn't get that with Harry - just an expensive quick fix (possibly, but he's not immune to relegation). Question marks over his teams' playing style though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024