Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" 22:50 - Dec 30 with 2392 views34dfgdf54

Curtis - a former player who was at the club throughout their rise up the divisions - believes the Swans have not been the same since Michael Laudrup left in 2014.
"I think we have [lost our way]. It's just the change of management all the time," Curtis added.
"The best eras were Roberto Martinez, Brendan Rodgers and Michael Laudrup. But we've probably lost a bit of the 'Swansea Way'. It has been diluted.
"We've lost quite a few players too but have we adequately replaced them?"

I think that sums it up, someone whose been there from the beginning. Risking the wrath of Jenkins I think with those quotes and confirming really that it all started going downhill as soon as Monk took over.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 23:22 - Dec 30 with 1903 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes Curt is correct. Monk destroyed the established Swansea Way.
Vandalism and moronic in equal measure.
Painful to watch ever since.

Huw, you utter minge.

Beware of the Risen People

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 23:30 - Dec 30 with 1866 viewsporschejack

We wont come back up after this , it was good while it lasted - nice memories .
At least I sampled it , sadly many ever did .
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 00:45 - Dec 31 with 1745 viewsDavillin

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 23:22 - Dec 30 by Kilkennyjack

Yes Curt is correct. Monk destroyed the established Swansea Way.
Vandalism and moronic in equal measure.
Painful to watch ever since.

Huw, you utter minge.

I wish I had saved the article from when Monk was still here and the Swans were doing well, which had a title something like "The Genius Behind Swansea's Brilliant New Style," and was about . . .

Pep Clotet.

Make of that what you will.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 02:35 - Dec 31 with 1659 viewsdeanscfc

It does make you wonder where we would be now if Monk hadn't started to tinker with things to make us more defensive/resilient. We stopped passing from the back so much and defenders started hoofing it up the pitch at the first sign of trouble - made us pretty much like any other side in the PL style wise.

Now we have a pretty average style and we can't defend either.

I miss the days where we had 60% possession in most games.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 04:15 - Dec 31 with 1617 viewsjasper_T

I don't think it was all Monk's fault, it's not like he had much say in recruitment.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 04:55 - Dec 31 with 1594 viewsSwansNZ

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 04:15 - Dec 31 by jasper_T

I don't think it was all Monk's fault, it's not like he had much say in recruitment.

I think Monk had a lot to say in getting rid of our Spanish contingent.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 05:05 - Dec 31 with 1590 viewsdeanscfc

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 04:55 - Dec 31 by SwansNZ

Yep.

To have a fit Michu back now...or even Chico who Monk publicly fell out with... Hernandez...
Curtis Quotes - on 06:57 - Dec 31 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

Britton was quoted at a supporters event stating that Monk was trying to get them to play a different way.

The sad part is that this whole mess was all so utterly predictable and avoidable. Much like Bradley he just shouldn't have been put in that position in the first place.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 07:46 - Dec 31 with 1466 viewswaynekerr55

Fúck Jenkins.

He knows full well if he removed Curt he'd have a mutiny on his hands

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 08:51 - Dec 31 with 1386 viewsbarry_island

Is there any way we can lobby the council to get the new road by the Landore Club named as "The Swansea Way". It would recognise both the historical importance of the area to our fine city and our "renowned" passing style in one go.

Everyone's a winner.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 09:00 - Dec 31 with 1348 viewsoldcob

There's a crooked lane at the end of our street, I wonder if they'll call it the Jenkins Way.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 09:17 - Dec 31 with 1292 viewsbarry_island

I'll always remember when Le Tour went to Sheffield, Jenkins Road (like our Constitution Hill) was called "Cote du Jenkins" on Eurosport.

Wish our HuwPVC would get his coat out of our club.

Kindness is always remembered, treachery may be forgiven but will never be forgotten.

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 09:18 - Dec 31 with 1281 viewshammy

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 07:46 - Dec 31 by waynekerr55

Fúck Jenkins.

He knows full well if he removed Curt he'd have a mutiny on his hands

Maybe he can see that HJ's days are numbered ... and he must be pretty pi$$ed off with having to take over the reigns again ... he made it quite clear last year that he wasn't comfortable with being the main man !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 09:19 - Dec 31 with 1280 viewsshandyjack

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 04:55 - Dec 31 by SwansNZ

for mental fees really.
why we let Canas and Pozuelo go on frees mind boggling, surely both payers would have been able to command a fee. We let Michu go on loan instead of selling him and only got £4.25m for Chico a PL CH in his prime.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 09:45 - Dec 31 with 1213 viewsGowerjack

As I've said before Curtis is a true legend of our football club.

A colossus amongst a nest of vultures and sewer rats.

He dererves better.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:02 - Dec 31 with 1171 viewsLeonWasGod

I wouldn't say it started going south the minute Monk too over. At the time it felt like Laudrup had to go - there was something badly wrong on and off the pitch and I think grumpy Laudstrop has to take a share of the blame. We can only guess at what went wrong between him and HJ, but it seems to be down to control over signings. We we much better for the remainder of that season under Garry and generally played on the front foot. It was when he started tinkering with his deep-sitting, 6 man midfield (2 compact lines of 3) we started losing our way. It was effective at nicking games on the break though, so most on here were happy enough at the time. Those who said they were getting bored were generally shouted down.

That's how it looked to me from outside. Curt obviously knows more though, and otherwise what he's said seems spot on. It's so refreshing to have someone inside the club acknowledge the bleeding obvious.

I wonder what happened between him and Garry. Maybe nothing but it seemed Garry froze him out.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:10 - Dec 31 with 1149 viewsLeonWasGod

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 05:05 - Dec 31 by deanscfc

Yep.

To have a fit Michu back now...or even Chico who Monk publicly fell out with... Hernandez...

The thing with that though is he was very public in saying he wanted Chico to stay and he's taken Pablo at Dirty Leeds. It seems to me that mountains were made out of molehills over his apparent Spanish purge.
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:22 - Dec 31 with 1102 viewsLeonWasGod

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 02:35 - Dec 31 by deanscfc

It does make you wonder where we would be now if Monk hadn't started to tinker with things to make us more defensive/resilient. We stopped passing from the back so much and defenders started hoofing it up the pitch at the first sign of trouble - made us pretty much like any other side in the PL style wise.

Now we have a pretty average style and we can't defend either.

I miss the days where we had 60% possession in most games.

Yep, this. I hadn't read this when I posted, but this was the problem, not Monk percse. Maybe it was Pep as someone had himted at. Is Prp with him at Lids?
Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:32 - Dec 31 with 1083 viewsmonmouth

All this Swansea Way shit gets on my nerves. Derby also have a Way apparently and so, laughably, do Cardiff these days. The only teams that I remember having a Way are us and Yeovil, and he was a Darren.

What we had was a model that needed to be evolved, and was changed, and a chairman who got lucky with five cross-your-fingers-and-hope consecutive appointments so thought he was a footballing god, and still does, the plum.

I don't want Rodgersball back. I want a better modern model, like Klopp and Potch are playing. That's what I want us to aspire to on a smaller scale, not the past.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:37 - Dec 31 with 1067 viewsDarran

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:32 - Dec 31 by monmouth

All this Swansea Way shit gets on my nerves. Derby also have a Way apparently and so, laughably, do Cardiff these days. The only teams that I remember having a Way are us and Yeovil, and he was a Darren.

What we had was a model that needed to be evolved, and was changed, and a chairman who got lucky with five cross-your-fingers-and-hope consecutive appointments so thought he was a footballing god, and still does, the plum.

I don't want Rodgersball back. I want a better modern model, like Klopp and Potch are playing. That's what I want us to aspire to on a smaller scale, not the past.

Couldn't agree more Monsta,did we play the Swansea Way when Curtis was playing all those games for us then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:49 - Dec 31 with 1028 viewstrampie

The Swans were always know for playing football since the year dot, not just in recent times.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:53 - Dec 31 with 1008 viewsbarry_island

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 10:49 - Dec 31 by trampie

The Swans were always know for playing football since the year dot, not just in recent times.

In fairness though for many of the years I've been watching we were pretty bad at it.

Curtis Quotes - on 10:55 - Dec 31 with 1006 viewsmonmouth

Lol. Ever heard of a bloke called Harry Gregg? 'Playing football since the year dot'. 1912 tikataka. Arf.

Yeah, Swansea were famous worldwide for their 'Way' throughout the footballing world forever. Pretentious shit.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 10:56]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Curtis Quotes - "Swansea Way" on 11:03 - Dec 31 with 982 viewsbarry_island

Didn't Harry Gregg earn a nickname in an old North Bank song that rhymed with "Lit-house"?

In his time we probably only strung 200 passes together all season.

Curtis Quotes - on 11:04 - Dec 31 with 978 viewsJokeren1943

Think the club should sign managers who wanna play the Swansea way. Use a couple of years (and no panic), maybe playing in the championship for a while and rebuilt the squad.

The club need to accept that it will take time. Alot of PL clubs tried to adopt the possession style (after watching Swansea), but most of the clubs did'ent take the time to implement the style, and failed.

One of the good things about the Swansea style is beside of being very entertaining to watch, it also uses a different type of players then almost every other PL team - making them cheaper. And there is and abundance of southern european players in Spain, Portugal, France (and Italy) who know how to play possession football.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2016 11:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024