Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The FA Cup 09:13 - Jan 7 with 2419 viewsJackfath

I am bored of it.

The BBC making it sound like it's this HUGE tournament which is the envy of the world. The real reason they big it up is because they've got little else to boast about these days in terms of sport coverage.

Frankly, if we ducked out today, I wouldn't be bothered at all. After all, there are more important things for us to worry about.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 9:17]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The FA Cup on 09:16 - Jan 7 with 1785 viewsSoberBaker

Agreed.

The League cup is a far superior competition.

AMOW

The FA Cup on 09:23 - Jan 7 with 1758 viewsItchySphincter

I'd like us to have a go at it. It might help us get our sh!t together and winning another pot would be nice but you're right, it's not what it was when I was a kid and it doesn't really matter any more, which I have is a shame I think.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The FA Cup on 09:27 - Jan 7 with 1741 viewsjack247

It used to be. Before football morphed from a sport to a business. Now it's essentially a training game for next weekend
The FA Cup on 09:28 - Jan 7 with 1732 viewsCooperman

When I was a lad the FA Cup really was magic, and right through to the final.

The 3pm Saturday kick off and the culmination of the football season had a lot to do with it. My school chums and I used to get a bag of chips from the local chippy and congregate in our house. We'd watch the game and then go out and kick a football around until it got dark all in the knowledge that the only football we would see until September was the games played out by us.

Now, I couldn't tell you what rounds are played when and on what TV channel. Saturday tea time kick offs are usually interrupted by some form of household or social chore. And, as for the end of the football season, is there one? Above all else it's not taken seriously by the bigger teams; Man U dropping out a few years back was the turning point for me.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The FA Cup on 09:28 - Jan 7 with 1729 viewsbazzool

Yea id like to think we can win this one, well atleast we aint got captain pointer and bartley to give away anything this time, saying that captain korea better put a shift in if hes on
The FA Cup on 09:29 - Jan 7 with 1724 viewsLeonWasGod

I love the cups. Just call me the Michael Laudrup of PS
The FA Cup on 09:37 - Jan 7 with 1700 viewsSwansea_Viking

The Man United pullout a couple of years ago changed my attitude towards it. I preferred it when all the games were a 3pm kickoff and the FA Cup Final was the true end of the season. Now it is just another game.
I find this incredibly sad as I loved the FA Cup Final coverage we used to have with the teams on the bus and everything. It really had a sense of occasion to it. Now? Meh!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 9:37]

You Stupid Boy!

The FA Cup on 09:39 - Jan 7 with 1677 viewsLeonWasGod

The FA Cup on 09:37 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Viking

The Man United pullout a couple of years ago changed my attitude towards it. I preferred it when all the games were a 3pm kickoff and the FA Cup Final was the true end of the season. Now it is just another game.
I find this incredibly sad as I loved the FA Cup Final coverage we used to have with the teams on the bus and everything. It really had a sense of occasion to it. Now? Meh!

Yes, I'd prefer it if games weren't spread across the week. Although that's a football and TV problem in general.
Login to get fewer ads

The FA Cup on 09:40 - Jan 7 with 1674 viewsPrivate_Partz

The FA Cup on 09:29 - Jan 7 by LeonWasGod

I love the cups. Just call me the Michael Laudrup of PS

Yes. I am the same. Love seeing the non league grounds early on. Last nights game show that teams take it seriously when they are playing top class opposition. Less so when playing lower leagues as some players get rested.
Later on in the rounds it is taken really seriously.
If we were struggling under a decent manager who had been here some time then I would not mind if we bow out. It would be a distraction from the job in hand.
Now the competition provides our new manager with valuable competitive matches whilst he looks for his best side. I hope we get to the next round for this reason .

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The FA Cup on 09:46 - Jan 7 with 1657 viewsDewi1jack

Like a lot of people, the FA Cup used to be a special competition for me.
Now. I can't really get enthused over it at all.

I do believe the FA should make it special again.
Maybe offer the 4th place PL Champions League spot to the winner, or if the winner has qualified already, offer the runner up either the Europa or give them the place in the CL.
That would certainly make the likes of Utd, who I blame for really finishing the FA Cup off when they withdrew
They could have played their U23s and reserves all the way through, including the final and still had more quality than the majority of teams.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The FA Cup on 09:50 - Jan 7 with 1644 viewsBloodyhills

True enough. The FA cup is not the huge it thing it was when I was a child. As there is no pressure on us today I am going to relax and enjoy the match. It's a good opportunity for Clement to pick his team and make a few changes and not worry about the result.

Having said that I wouldn't mind us winning the FA cup but prem survival is so much more important.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The FA Cup on 10:16 - Jan 7 with 1580 viewsLoyal

The FA Cup on 09:37 - Jan 7 by Swansea_Viking

These fckrs should have been banned for five years,it was an appalling move and no real action by the FA was shocking.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The FA Cup on 10:28 - Jan 7 with 1563 viewsdickythorpe

The league is more lucrative. Cup competitions are a distraction now that football is a "BUSINESS"
The FA Cup on 10:50 - Jan 7 with 1503 viewsCooperman

The FA Cup on 10:28 - Jan 7 by dickythorpe

The league is more lucrative. Cup competitions are a distraction now that football is a "BUSINESS"

You hit the nail on the head Dicky.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The FA Cup on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 1474 viewsJackBaston

Used to love it when we were in the lower leagues, the opportunity of visiting some big grounds or playing 'superstars'
I do quite like playing against the smaller teams away

It just feels tedious these days, still wouldnt turn down a semi final at wembley
The FA Cup on 12:17 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsWxmJax

It's 25 years this week since Wrexham beat Arsenal 2-1.
Previous season Arsenal won the title (only losing one game) and Wrexham finished in 92nd spot, bottom of the football league. One of the greatest FA cup shocks of all time.

Brian Flynn was manager and Steve Watkins scored the winner. Worth a read.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrexham_F.C._2—1_Arsenal_F.C.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The FA Cup on 12:19 - Jan 7 with 1379 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I would like the Swans to win the FA Cup

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The FA Cup on 12:25 - Jan 7 with 1356 viewsjack247

The FA Cup on 12:19 - Jan 7 by NeiltheTaylor

I would like the Swans to win the FA Cup

We all would. I'm not overly bothered today though
The FA Cup on 12:27 - Jan 7 with 1351 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The FA Cup on 12:25 - Jan 7 by jack247

We all would. I'm not overly bothered today though

In order to win the FA Cup we have to win today.

People were even less enthused about the League cup. Some people even say they always want us to lose in the cups - then show up for the final

The FA Cup on 12:31 - Jan 7 with 1337 viewsdickythorpe

A certain club won the FA cup once ,shortly after WW1 I think it was......ask them whether they'd like to be in the PL now.....
The FA Cup on 12:35 - Jan 7 with 1317 viewsjack247

The FA Cup on 12:27 - Jan 7 by NeiltheTaylor

In order to win the FA Cup we have to win today.

People were even less enthused about the League cup. Some people even say they always want us to lose in the cups - then show up for the final

Yes I know that.

If we lose today I won't be too upset. If we lose in the semi final I'll be gutted. Welcome to modern football.
The FA Cup on 12:38 - Jan 7 with 1314 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The FA Cup on 12:35 - Jan 7 by jack247

Yes I know that.

If we lose today I won't be too upset. If we lose in the semi final I'll be gutted. Welcome to modern football.

Modern Football is RUBBISH!

<clacks rattle>

Play up, play up the Swans!

The FA Cup on 12:39 - Jan 7 with 1307 viewsmonmouth

The FA Cup on 12:31 - Jan 7 by dickythorpe

A certain club won the FA cup once ,shortly after WW1 I think it was......ask them whether they'd like to be in the PL now.....

Bolton, Huddersfield, Barnsley all won it around the same time. All would swap those today plus their souls for what we've done. One club did sell their soul, just for one season.

Which would be peachy if the tw*ts Jenkins, Dineen and the others hadn't sold ours.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The FA Cup on 12:39 - Jan 7 with 1302 viewsDewi1jack

The FA Cup on 12:31 - Jan 7 by dickythorpe

Think I watched footage of that game on an old Pathe news film circa 1927.
Team played in Black and White as well.

Maybe we can set a new record and be the only Welsh team to win the FA Cup and still be in the Prem.
And if someone else can ever emulate it, we'll still be the first.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The FA Cup on 12:45 - Jan 7 with 1288 viewsjack247

The FA Cup on 12:38 - Jan 7 by NeiltheTaylor

Modern Football is RUBBISH!

<clacks rattle>

Play up, play up the Swans!

Agreed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024