Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
P.M. Theresa May's speech to U.S. Congressional group 01:50 - Jan 27 with 8304 viewsDavillin

I know that many of you do not think well of Theresa [edit: Thanks PhactOrri and other posters] May, but I truly hope that you will put aside as you read my post.

I watched her 32-minute speech to the U.S. Republican Congressional retreat in Philadelphia earlier today.

I recommend it to you.

She was very well received, with many interruptions for applause, and not a few for standing ovations, as she painted a word picture of the long-standing relationship between our two countries. And, without mentioning our previous president's having allowed that relationship to wither [at least], she made a strong appeal for a renewal of it [standing ovation].

Not only do I not believe the oft-repeated notion as completely false that the United States treats the United Kingdom as an inferior, I am offended that we are so demeaned. Both our countries, by the way.

In all my life, I have never heard a single word about our relationship except positive ones. I believe and know that she described the American view of that relationship with 100% accuracy.

Her speech and the congressmen and congresswomen are well worth your time and effort.

P.S., did your media point out that one of the very first acts of President Trump on his first day in the White House was to return the bust of Winston Churchill to its pre-Obama place of honor in the Oval Office?

URL to P.M. May's speech:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/26/british_pm_theresa_may_at_gop_
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 16:14]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 01:53 - Jan 27 with 3030 viewsDJack

That's as may be but she is Dracula in a dress.

...and you can ward off Dracula with garlic.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 04:11 - Jan 27 with 3006 viewsphact0rri

And the US president is Frankenstein's Monster left in the sun to long... I'm sure they will get on fantastically, as they try to decide how to ruin two countries, in record time.

On a side note, is Virgina May, related to the Prime Minister in some way? Is this a nick name Theresa May I somehow have missed?
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 4:13]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 06:42 - Jan 27 with 2966 viewsMagic_Michu

I would have preferred it if she went and made a speech about refusing to deal with your crazy country. Never liked the thought of us having a special relationship with America.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 06:47 - Jan 27 with 2962 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

You lot can keep her, she's over there begging & offering any thing she can sell off .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 07:11 - Jan 27 with 2936 viewsKilkennyjack

Worst PM ever. A former remain campaigner now pushing for a damaging hard Brexit. She does not even believe in what she is doing herself.

A PM who got the job by chance after all the obvious candidates stabbed each other in the back.

A charmless unionist Tory stuck in 1957.

Please keep her.

Beware of the Risen People

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 08:28 - Jan 27 with 2872 viewsKerouac

It's the USA over Europe every day of the week for me.
One is the World's greatest power (...and so, so, so much better that they are in that position rather than; China, Russia or the EU).
The other is a fukking shambles. A bloc which has proven it's contempt for democracy and is failing economically. A bloc which tries to blackmail and threaten us. If our Grandfathers could be around to see these ungrateful bunch of tvvats now.

The USA are our most reliable allies. The end.

...and Theresa May is doing infinitely better than Space Cadet Corbyn ever could, fukk my fukking fukked fukking eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 08:43 - Jan 27 with 2853 viewsGowerjack

Virginia May.

Massive fail.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 08:51 - Jan 27 with 2845 viewsraynor94

Jesus! At least get the woman's name right

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:03 - Jan 27 with 2824 viewsJack_Meoff

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 08:28 - Jan 27 by Kerouac

It's the USA over Europe every day of the week for me.
One is the World's greatest power (...and so, so, so much better that they are in that position rather than; China, Russia or the EU).
The other is a fukking shambles. A bloc which has proven it's contempt for democracy and is failing economically. A bloc which tries to blackmail and threaten us. If our Grandfathers could be around to see these ungrateful bunch of tvvats now.

The USA are our most reliable allies. The end.

...and Theresa May is doing infinitely better than Space Cadet Corbyn ever could, fukk my fukking fukked fukking eyes.

And once again, quelle surprise, Kerouac brings the leader of the opposition into a thread that had nothing to do with him.

How utterly predictable, and equally as tiresome.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:06 - Jan 27 with 2830 viewsPegojack

Dav, I think you'll find that British people are at least as divided as your citizens over President Trump.

Whilst I find many things to admire about the USA and American people in general, I find nothing to admire about Trump. The sight of this Tory lapdog 'sucking up' is fairly nauseating too. She should be standing up to him and telling him he's wrong about the use of torture, denial of climate change, his view of women, his withdrawal of affordable health care for the poorest, I could go on but no doubt you've heard it all before.

PS Are you believer in 'alternative facts', Dav? no doubt a man as erudite as you will have read Orwell's "1984".
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 9:13]
P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:10 - Jan 27 with 2824 viewsAnotherJohn

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 08:51 - Jan 27 by raynor94

Jesus! At least get the woman's name right

What struck me today is the highly polarised press reactions, and some vacillation by the BBC as it tries to balance views. Whatever people think of May or Trump, the reports appearing in the Indy and the Guardian are not helpful at a time when (sketching out) a fair trade deal would be very much in the UK's interests,
P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:30 - Jan 27 with 2801 viewsdailew

"Britain and America will no longer invade foreign countries 'to make the world in their own image"

Did our Ginny really say that?

Firk me that's a welcome development. Hope they stick to it.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:47 - Jan 27 with 2773 viewsLeonWasGod

I'm not surprised the first think Trumpie did was to get his hands on a bust.

Can't stand May - caught the abridged version of talk yesterday and it made me want to hurl to be honest. Trump and May are going to do as much damage as Bush and Blair if we're not careful. All this chest beating about being world leaders again and leading us into religion-fuelled conflict. It's clear May is extremely uncomfortable with Trumps ideology, so seeing her try (and fail) to hide her views whilst grovelling and snivelling up to him is tragic for us.
P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:48 - Jan 27 with 2772 viewsKerouac

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 09:03 - Jan 27 by Jack_Meoff

And once again, quelle surprise, Kerouac brings the leader of the opposition into a thread that had nothing to do with him.

How utterly predictable, and equally as tiresome.

...and once again JackhimselfOff hasn't much to contribute to the debate so he attacks the poster.

I don't know if you knew but he read a book once on tax havens.

I mentioned Corbyn as people were attacking May's performance.
It is reasonable to imagine how the proposed alternative would cope is it not?

May's speech?
It's called diplomacy.
In the real world (the one where we are not planning on scrapping all debt and ditching paper currency anytime soon) we don't expend effort and political capital on futile exercises.
American people voted for Trump, not ours.
May has a chance of getting a good deal and exerting some influence.
Corbyn would only be invited to Washington if the circus was in town and Coco needed replacing quickly.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 9:49]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 10:17 - Jan 27 with 2751 viewsPete3001

Good speech.
Thanks Dav.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2017 10:18]
P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 10:53 - Jan 27 with 2713 viewsBloodyhills

May talks about the special relationship but it's only special in the minds of the Brits. If it was special to the Yanks you'd think they'd put in a light bit of effort and look May up on Wiki so that they could spell her name properly.
Hugely disrespectful to the PM and to Britain.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:04 - Jan 27 with 2693 viewsbuilthjack

She wants him to sh@g her. Heaven help us with these two.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:06 - Jan 27 with 2687 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I wonder if he'll grab her...

...anywhere?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:11 - Jan 27 with 2674 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck America, backward f*cking country that it is.

They are like the pr1ck in school who had everything, who liked to tell everyone they had everything, but no-one actually gave a f*ck for them.

Yeeehaaaaa look at how big my house/tv/car/bank balance is.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:16 - Jan 27 with 2658 viewsDarran

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:11 - Jan 27 by Neath_Jack

F*ck America, backward f*cking country that it is.

They are like the pr1ck in school who had everything, who liked to tell everyone they had everything, but no-one actually gave a f*ck for them.

Yeeehaaaaa look at how big my house/tv/car/bank balance is.

That's a poor post they aren't all the same. I know lots of lovely Americans.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:20 - Jan 27 with 2647 viewsblueytheblue

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:16 - Jan 27 by Darran

Are any of those lovely Americans *not* in Cheap Trick? ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 2626 viewsDarran

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:20 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

Are any of those lovely Americans *not* in Cheap Trick? ;)

Yes.

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:31 - Jan 27 with 2625 viewsblueytheblue

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:30 - Jan 27 by Darran

Yes.

Any *not* in Cheap Trick tribute bands? ;)

Poll: Alternate POTY final

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:34 - Jan 27 with 2621 viewsDarran

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:31 - Jan 27 by blueytheblue

Any *not* in Cheap Trick tribute bands? ;)

Stop being a twát I know lots of American people mainly through family conferences with Amy's syndrome the research centre is based in NIH.

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 12:28 - Jan 27 with 2586 viewsNeath_Jack

P.M. Virginia May's speech to U.S. Congressional group on 11:16 - Jan 27 by Darran

F*ck em.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024