Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Britton replacement? 12:24 - May 29 with 8508 viewsSwan91

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-linked-8m

Dani Garcia - Looks like a strong midfielder so would add some good defensive edge to us (which we do lack in midfield... strong defensive type) Don't really know too much about him though.
Britton replacement? on 12:37 - May 29 with 6705 viewsunion_jack

First time I've seen a player's effectiveness measured by yellow cards and sending offs!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Britton replacement? on 18:56 - May 29 with 6340 viewsNirvana

The answer here is Vincent Koziello.

I'll keep saying it 'til he signs with Southampton or we sign this Garcia fella.
Britton replacement? on 21:03 - May 29 with 6115 viewsSgorioFruit

We don't need a replacement for Leon

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Britton replacement? on 10:27 - May 30 with 5802 viewsSwan91

Britton replacement? on 21:03 - May 29 by SgorioFruit

you think that a player at age 34 wouldn't need a replacement now so that they could get used to the system and eventually take over?
Britton replacement? on 10:32 - May 30 with 5787 viewsWarwickHunt

Eibar are the new Falkirk.
Britton replacement? on 11:03 - May 30 with 5727 viewscostalotta

Don't do drugs kids!
Britton replacement? on 12:30 - May 30 with 5612 viewsvetchonian

Buying a defensive midfielder is not a replacement for Leon. He never was a defensive midfielder his role under Martinez was to take the ball from the central defenders to stop them hoofing it up field....hir role was to drive the play from the back....his defensive duties came second....another reason why he and Sousa were not on the best of terms.
Our mistake even with the buying of Jack Cork is to think that a "traditional" DM will fill that role as performed by Leon

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Britton replacement? on 12:52 - May 30 with 5555 viewsjack247

We don't need to bomb him out, of course we don't.

The fact of the matter is he came in for the last 6? games of the season and could only last 60-70 minutes. He is never going to put in a season of 90 minute performances. I'd guess there will be games he is rested for completely.

That's not a criticism, his role must be very physically and mentally demanding. Most positions will have periods of play where they can switch off. Leon has to be on his toes and mentally alert near enough the whole time.

We certainly need someone who can at least imitate what he does, even if they can't do it quite as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Britton replacement? on 20:28 - May 30 with 5274 viewsmax936

Britton replacement? on 12:52 - May 30 by jack247

We don't need to bomb him out, of course we don't.

The fact of the matter is he came in for the last 6? games of the season and could only last 60-70 minutes. He is never going to put in a season of 90 minute performances. I'd guess there will be games he is rested for completely.

That's not a criticism, his role must be very physically and mentally demanding. Most positions will have periods of play where they can switch off. Leon has to be on his toes and mentally alert near enough the whole time.

We certainly need someone who can at least imitate what he does, even if they can't do it quite as well.

Absolutely, anyone who thinks we can just keep playing Leon and all will be well are a bit bonkers, he can't do a season even at 60 or 70 minutes a game, his age and workrate tells you that, he needs an able deputy to come in and even play their own game which is similar to Leon's or he learns the position the first option is preferable obviously, its a tough one as Leon is quite unique in fairness.

Corky can't do it, nowhere near the guile or quality, good honest hard worker that he is, but far to slow in thought and deed I'm afraid.
[Post edited 30 May 2017 21:43]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Britton replacement? on 20:41 - May 30 with 5237 viewsairedale

Britton replacement? on 12:30 - May 30 by vetchonian

Buying a defensive midfielder is not a replacement for Leon. He never was a defensive midfielder his role under Martinez was to take the ball from the central defenders to stop them hoofing it up field....hir role was to drive the play from the back....his defensive duties came second....another reason why he and Sousa were not on the best of terms.
Our mistake even with the buying of Jack Cork is to think that a "traditional" DM will fill that role as performed by Leon

I reckon you're right there, and not only that, but his 'replacement' may already be here.
Britton replacement? on 20:42 - May 30 with 5234 viewsmonmouth

Quite right, it isn't a classic defensive mid we need (altogether now...Besic!). It is a link and tempo setting player. Quick passing, always available, sees the patterns, great footballing skills. Trouble is, I can't think of many....nope, none. I don't watch much football except Swans related mind. We got so lucky with this boy. He will get increasingly injured and strained. We've seen it already over the last couple of years.

I thought Ki might do it but he takes too many touches and lacks that dynamism.

Whatever happened to old Besic anyway? Did he turn out to be the usual bucket of shit that players we 'must sign' turn out to be?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Britton replacement? on 20:45 - May 30 with 5212 viewsGriffting

I've seen Eibar play a couple of occasions this season. He is your typical Spanish player in the sense of technical ability and composure. He sits and the base of the midfield, controls the tempo, always available for the ball, and has some good defensive stats, many of them better than an in demand Roque Mesa. He's also Eibars captain, and more leaders in the side would be welcome. Would be more than happy with rotation between him and Britton next season. Capa, Eibars right back would also be a good option for us I think.
Britton replacement? on 21:12 - May 30 with 5161 viewsLeonWasGod

Britton replacement? on 20:42 - May 30 by monmouth

Quite right, it isn't a classic defensive mid we need (altogether now...Besic!). It is a link and tempo setting player. Quick passing, always available, sees the patterns, great footballing skills. Trouble is, I can't think of many....nope, none. I don't watch much football except Swans related mind. We got so lucky with this boy. He will get increasingly injured and strained. We've seen it already over the last couple of years.

I thought Ki might do it but he takes too many touches and lacks that dynamism.

Whatever happened to old Besic anyway? Did he turn out to be the usual bucket of shit that players we 'must sign' turn out to be?

I think people generally underestimate how hard it will be to replace him. He's got the time and space of Pirlo (but not forward vision), but with added bite of Kante. He's rarely put a foot wrong, never been overawed and only recently been found wanting physically (but still the best we have in that role). When we first got in the PL his stats were amongst the best in Europe.

A proven performer with his qualities will be well, well out of our price range.
Britton replacement? on 21:15 - May 30 with 5143 viewsdameedna

Tom Carroll has replaced the Leon role. He plays in a different system with Cork being more of a DM than Leon. When Leon and Tom play together we have a different vibe. Just as we did with Joe and Leon.

There are really good DMs around but with our past history it is going to be interesting seeing how we play next season.

Personally i woukd guve the dm role to Carroll and put Siggy and one other in there with him. If that one other is leon cork or fulton then they play dm.

If that one other is ki fer or new signing then put carroll in the king pin leon role. He is the best player we have to take on that playmaker role. Next best is Ki it is what he does for s korea. my view of course.
Britton replacement? on 21:40 - May 30 with 5093 viewsmax936

Britton replacement? on 21:15 - May 30 by dameedna

Tom Carroll has replaced the Leon role. He plays in a different system with Cork being more of a DM than Leon. When Leon and Tom play together we have a different vibe. Just as we did with Joe and Leon.

There are really good DMs around but with our past history it is going to be interesting seeing how we play next season.

Personally i woukd guve the dm role to Carroll and put Siggy and one other in there with him. If that one other is leon cork or fulton then they play dm.

If that one other is ki fer or new signing then put carroll in the king pin leon role. He is the best player we have to take on that playmaker role. Next best is Ki it is what he does for s korea. my view of course.

I was gonna suggest Carrol, but I'm notsure he's ready for that role, plus I like him where he is now, great touch and an eye for putting some excellent crosses in, but he does seem to lose a few balls with stray passes and for that reason I'm notsure he can do the Leon role.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Britton replacement? on 22:36 - May 30 with 5003 viewsdameedna

Leon is versatile. He went to sheffield and i saw him play there in an attacking or king pin role that came as a surprise at the time as he had made a home for himself behind allan untik sousa wanted a different approach.

Now it is clear that Carroll and Britton can play together. Which is good and we regained some of the midfield. Leon is Leon. He can do most things well except score. Carroll has shown he can spot the back of the onion bag. Possiby the best DM we have is Fulton if we play that system and Cork is not a bad shout.

Ijusy cant see us getting a mark hughes or tony pullis styke dm in unless cork and fulton leave. As i say it will be intersting see how clem and maka set us up to play.
Britton replacement? on 03:33 - Jun 1 with 4832 viewsWanderer

Now Claude is settled, I bet he has a major opinion on who should go in that 'Makalele" position, and it could be something that none of us could see coming.
Britton replacement? on 21:17 - Jun 7 with 4528 viewsNirvana

Britton replacement? on 18:56 - May 29 by Nirvana

The answer here is Vincent Koziello.

I'll keep saying it 'til he signs with Southampton or we sign this Garcia fella.

Vincent Koziello update for those interested:

http://www.laziopress.it/2017/05/30/esclusiva-proposto-koziello-centrocampista-d

Don't speak Italian so not my translation but it basically says this, I think:

- Nice contacted Lazio to sell Koziello
- Nice values him at €11m
- West Ham and Eibar have shown interest

In typical Jenkins fashion we will probably buy Dani Garcia as a cheap fill-in and Eibar will get perfect-for-us Koziello as his replacement, and they will end up selling him for £40m in a few seasons.

I hold out hope there's more going on behind the scenes, but how we are not linked to this kid I really don't understand. Absolute perfect player for us right now and vice versa. Do the right thing this time Huw, if you're out there.
Britton replacement? on 21:35 - Jun 7 with 4461 viewsNirvana

Just to maintain a sense of reality, I'll provide a few more potential "Leons" I have enjoyed watching this season:

Lucas Torreira, Sampdoria
Adam Nagy, Bologna
Stefano Sensi, Sassuolo
Karol Linetty, Sampdoria
Britton replacement? on 23:01 - Jun 7 with 4299 viewsKilkennyjack

We have Fulton ...

Beware of the Risen People

Britton replacement? on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 3870 viewsZaxx

José Cañas

Wasn't he supposed to be the answer based on his ability to wind-up the opposition and collect yellow cards
Britton replacement? on 19:17 - Jun 8 with 3829 viewsclement

my random suggestion:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/87094/Show/Asier-Illarramendi

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/asier-illarramendi/profil/spieler/59344

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Britton replacement? on 11:06 - Jun 9 with 3513 viewsHuwJackBastard

should have just signed joey allen for 8 mill in the summer FFS
Britton replacement? on 11:31 - Jun 9 with 3472 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Britton replacement? on 11:06 - Jun 9 by HuwJackBastard

should have just signed joey allen for 8 mill in the summer FFS

this - get him in - to be polished by Leon and Makelele

the perfect fit - in so many ways :
- go forward - intelligence, head-up, creates, drives
- defensive - aggressive. breaks-up play, uber confident of taking the ball off the defence

may be surplus at stoke - reverting to type - with Fletcher signing ?
Britton replacement? on 20:28 - Jun 9 with 3301 viewsBrynmill_Jack

F*cking idiot

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024