Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd like to see Clement "face up." -- UPDATED 23:51 - Sep 10 with 3934 viewsDavillin

UPDATE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4884932/Renato-Sanches-needs-t

Make sure that before you read on, please understand that I am not in any way. even remotely, placing blame on anyone. I still think Clement is a top manager and the right man to manage the Swans. I also think that Bony and Sanches are both top players and were somewhat short-changed today. The following are my opinions, viz..

Neither Bony nor Sanches should have been put on the pitch today. Neither has spent enough time in Swansea even to find their way around the facilities, let alone around the team's style, strategies, and tactics, and the play of their teammates. Clement obviously did not consider that, relying in a vacuum on their skills and reputations. [Not being at all unkind, this is a "rookie mistake," and one, pointedly, you did not see Guidolin make, but Boob Bradley made with nauseating regularity.].

Someone else posted that Sanches gave the ball away an inordinately high number of times. Although I did not count them, I saw that very early and tried to determine why. He certainly has barrels of football skills, but he has not only not adjusted to the raw speed and power of play in the Premier League, but he has also not adjusted to the speed and skills of his teammates. Nor they him. It is all down to Clement that Sanches played so soon after arriving. Sanches was trying to play the way he has been playing in a team that played its way, and the two did not match up. They will, but it will take more patience from Clement.

It is somewhat similar with Bony, who was trying to play the way he found such success in his first appearance in a Swansea shirt, but no-one else was. I could almost feel the frustration as he did what he knew always worked before and found no joy, and then painfully tried to accommodate himself to the "new" Swansea -- within 30 minutes and uncoached. Bony is, like Sanches, a special kind of player and must have teammates who understand that, and why, and how to help him to be all he can be.

Clement's job now is to try to put this game away n a dark locker somewhere while working particularly devotedly to blending Bony and Sanches into his team ethos and his team into his some-day stars' skills.

p.s. I strongly disagree with any posters who wrote on here that the Swans played badly. With the primary exception of the above paragraphs, I thought the Swans played their best football of this season [except for shooting, which is also partly the result of the comments above] Another part of the problem is that the opponent finally got into the game in the second half, when Swansea was belatedly trying to adjust "on the fly" about things that should have been adjusted before Bony and Sanches set foot on the pitch.

The net result does not have to be an existential threat to the Swans' season, provided it is addressed quickly and correctly. I think it will.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2017 1:59]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 00:10 - Sep 11 with 3254 viewsEasternJack

I get where your coming from, but to suggest that Sanches' woeful misplaced passes in the first half were because the rest of the team are not good enough is plain silly.

Clearly not up to speed yet. But I'd place money on the loan agreements for both him and Abraham has game % clause in them.

Like it or not, we're building our team around these 2 this season unless things go extremely awry. You saw some of the imbalance from this today - particularly with the subs.

Some work to do, but at least there's a foundation

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 00:16 - Sep 11 with 3238 viewsMeraki

No offence but I love it when Americans try to explain football.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:17 - Sep 11 with 3192 viewsBanosswan

Clement faced up in the interview directly afterwards.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:20 - Sep 11 with 3189 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 00:10 - Sep 11 by EasternJack

I get where your coming from, but to suggest that Sanches' woeful misplaced passes in the first half were because the rest of the team are not good enough is plain silly.

Clearly not up to speed yet. But I'd place money on the loan agreements for both him and Abraham has game % clause in them.

Like it or not, we're building our team around these 2 this season unless things go extremely awry. You saw some of the imbalance from this today - particularly with the subs.

Some work to do, but at least there's a foundation

I don't normally post negative posts to you or about your posts, but I did not say that "...Sanches' woeful misplaced passes in the first half were because the rest of the team are not good enough...." That that is "silly" is due solely to your putting words in my post, and not to what I wrote. You would do both yourself and me a favour if you'd re-read my o.p. Thanks, and I hope you do not misinterpret this post.

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:22 - Sep 11 with 3185 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 00:16 - Sep 11 by Meraki

No offence but I love it when Americans try to explain football.

I'd bet money that this "American" knows more than you do about football, and a damn sight more than you think I do.

Offense taken. Try to stick with the subject matter, and not ad hominem shît.

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:23 - Sep 11 with 3181 viewsMeraki

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:22 - Sep 11 by Davillin

I'd bet money that this "American" knows more than you do about football, and a damn sight more than you think I do.

Offense taken. Try to stick with the subject matter, and not ad hominem shît.

Remember when you set up that poll?
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:24 - Sep 11 with 3181 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:17 - Sep 11 by Banosswan

Clement faced up in the interview directly afterwards.

Many thanks, BanosSwan. I missed that. Too many interview stories in the media.

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:25 - Sep 11 with 3176 viewsMeraki

And your post is so all over the place you clearly weren't at the game.
Login to get fewer ads

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:26 - Sep 11 with 3177 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:23 - Sep 11 by Meraki

Remember when you set up that poll?

You're not Welsh, then. Lack of a rollicking sense of humour is a dead giveaway.

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:28 - Sep 11 with 3174 viewsMeraki

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:26 - Sep 11 by Davillin

You're not Welsh, then. Lack of a rollicking sense of humour is a dead giveaway.

Sorry I didn;t realise it was a joke.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:58 - Sep 11 with 3147 viewsHighjack

When you play for Benfica in the Portugese league, your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

When you play for Portugal in 95% of matches your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

When you play for Bayern in nearly every match your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

Today must have been hell of a culture shock for the kid, he's probably never played in an "average" team before.

As for Bony he had a few nice touches, played a good through ball to Narsingh and the other time he tried something the ref got in the way.

Bony will be just fine, but Sanches needs to go back to basics. A bit like Tammy.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 04:33 - Sep 11 with 3082 viewsEasternJack

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:20 - Sep 11 by Davillin

I don't normally post negative posts to you or about your posts, but I did not say that "...Sanches' woeful misplaced passes in the first half were because the rest of the team are not good enough...." That that is "silly" is due solely to your putting words in my post, and not to what I wrote. You would do both yourself and me a favour if you'd re-read my o.p. Thanks, and I hope you do not misinterpret this post.

Fair enough. A bit of a leap - but you did imply the same (as well as suggesting correctly that he's off the pace).

Regardless he needs get tuned up to PL speed and PCs tactics quickly

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 05:38 - Sep 11 with 3050 viewsicecoldjack

The OP makes some decent points but to say the team played good football isn't one of them! IMO the team took the soft option and played too many safe sideways passes and lacked the urgency required to compete against a decent Newcastle set up.

They didn't earn the right to play their game, not one player picked up the ball with serious intent, it was all a bit too soft for my liking .

When they started putting hard tackles into Sanches our midfield didn't respond in kind i found that very dissapointing, not one hard tackle in return or something to get the crowd going, Clucas was invisible for long spells of the game and set no tempo, caroll was woeful for the whole game ,fer at least tried to create and tackle and Sanches was just not quite ready.

I agree that Clement had the urge to play Sanches and it was maybe a wrong call, but as said in another thread, imaging the pelters he would have got if he had him on the bench? it was maybe the right call in that it give the stadium and fans a lift but tactically it was not the right move at all, hindsight is a wonderful thing .
I think clements heart ruled his head on this call myself but its easy to see why it was worth taking a a chance on the boy. Clements reaction and clear dissapointment in the dying moments told me he knew he fooked up and it also told him this will be another season of hard graft and a relegation battle.

Hopefully they can connect the final 3rd to the rest of the game plan, if we don't score goals we are going down plain and simple.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 08:20 - Sep 11 with 2843 viewsmonmouth

I thought we could have seriously improved matters my playing 15 yards up the pitch and getting our midfield much closer to the forwards, irrespective of personnel. What probably disturbs me most about Clements mea culpa is that it conveniently glosses over why he was unable to change anything at half time despite 'not understanding what he was seeing' in the first half. We were identical in the second half and Newcastle got stronger.

Next week is a shot to nothing. The next home game is a crunch test of PCs capacity to sort things out.

Dav's points about playing both Bony and Sanches yesterday are spot on in my view. Expectations for the pair in the short term needed to be lowered not raised while they settle in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 2720 viewsJackFish

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 08:20 - Sep 11 by monmouth

I thought we could have seriously improved matters my playing 15 yards up the pitch and getting our midfield much closer to the forwards, irrespective of personnel. What probably disturbs me most about Clements mea culpa is that it conveniently glosses over why he was unable to change anything at half time despite 'not understanding what he was seeing' in the first half. We were identical in the second half and Newcastle got stronger.

Next week is a shot to nothing. The next home game is a crunch test of PCs capacity to sort things out.

Dav's points about playing both Bony and Sanches yesterday are spot on in my view. Expectations for the pair in the short term needed to be lowered not raised while they settle in.

Your first line is spot on - far too often we had two or three up front on their own and the rest of the players 30+ yards away in our own half. Even a goal down in the last ten minutes we didn't really push any extra bodies forward.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 14:19 - Sep 11 with 2599 viewsTom1912

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 01:58 - Sep 11 by Highjack

When you play for Benfica in the Portugese league, your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

When you play for Portugal in 95% of matches your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

When you play for Bayern in nearly every match your team is nearly always on the front foot, the opposition stand off you and you get time and space to play.

Today must have been hell of a culture shock for the kid, he's probably never played in an "average" team before.

As for Bony he had a few nice touches, played a good through ball to Narsingh and the other time he tried something the ref got in the way.

Bony will be just fine, but Sanches needs to go back to basics. A bit like Tammy.

Yep, good post, agree with that.

I think for Spurs Bony goes straight in.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 14:44 - Sep 11 with 2561 viewswhoflungdung

Agreed on Bony.
He looks fired up.

Really and truly ,as for the rest, I've no fookn idea and doubt Clem has ,frankly.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 15:52 - Sep 11 with 2473 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 14:44 - Sep 11 by whoflungdung

Agreed on Bony.
He looks fired up.

Really and truly ,as for the rest, I've no fookn idea and doubt Clem has ,frankly.

The odd thing is that in his interview PC said that Sanches was more "Match Ready" than Bony, but then again Bony doesn't normally do a lot of running around, he is usually a Rock that defenders bounce off when they try to get the ball of off him.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 18:08 - Sep 11 with 2339 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 15:52 - Sep 11 by A_Fans_Dad

The odd thing is that in his interview PC said that Sanches was more "Match Ready" than Bony, but then again Bony doesn't normally do a lot of running around, he is usually a Rock that defenders bounce off when they try to get the ball of off him.

I cannot resist he nagging feeling that in Sanches' case, Clement meant by "match ready" that he was match fit.

I don't like repeating myself, but he wasn't ready to play in a rough and ready [and fast-moving] Premier League game without adequate preparation on the training pitch.

Sanches will come good, and fairly soon.

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 22:13 - Sep 11 with 2144 viewsswancity

Easiest thing of all is to be wise after the event. Sanches has lost his way a bit after an explosive start to his career and Pc now has the task of getting him back to his best. As for some of your comments, what a load of old bollox. Stick to eating quarter pounders mun

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 22:43 - Sep 11 with 2080 viewsGaryjack

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 22:13 - Sep 11 by swancity

Easiest thing of all is to be wise after the event. Sanches has lost his way a bit after an explosive start to his career and Pc now has the task of getting him back to his best. As for some of your comments, what a load of old bollox. Stick to eating quarter pounders mun

As excited as i was about the Sanches signing, the fact is he was match fit. He took part in all of Bayerns main pre season games, and was utter gash in all of them. That's why every top club pulled out of the race to sign him. As much as a coup we think we pulled off, fact is, we were just about his only option.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 23:03 - Sep 11 with 2053 viewsDavillin

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 22:13 - Sep 11 by swancity

Ah, such wisdom in that post. Ad hominem remarks only make the user look more a fool. That, and stating the obvious as in your second sentence.

p.s. Your second sentence is also pure "wisdom after the event," although weak wisdom, so pat yourself on the back for making your own point.

Why do you waste your time and effort to insult a person who made several points and backed them up with facts and reason? If you don't agree, say why with evidence and without crudeness.

Pah!

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 03:25 - Sep 12 with 1963 viewsLeonWasGod

To suggest that PC makes decisions on reputation and not on his staff's assessment of players' fitness is a bizarre claim. One I can't believe there is any basis to.

I'd play them both from the start - they're not going to get match fit sat on the bench. The sooner we can get them up to speed the better, as they could both be key players for us this season.
I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 09:00 - Sep 12 with 1833 viewsswancity

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 23:03 - Sep 11 by Davillin

Ah, such wisdom in that post. Ad hominem remarks only make the user look more a fool. That, and stating the obvious as in your second sentence.

p.s. Your second sentence is also pure "wisdom after the event," although weak wisdom, so pat yourself on the back for making your own point.

Why do you waste your time and effort to insult a person who made several points and backed them up with facts and reason? If you don't agree, say why with evidence and without crudeness.

Pah!

Pluck off you condescending patronising prick. Pah.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

I'd like to see Clement "face up." on 09:27 - Sep 12 with 1809 viewswhoflungdung

Sometimes ,it's hard to be humble.

Why not stick to subject?

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024