Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pick a new manager? 21:13 - Nov 18 with 7110 viewsbermudajack

Pick a new manager?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Pick a new manager? on 08:41 - Nov 19 with 5960 viewsbermudajack

42% for big Sam.... 😳😳😳

Go get him errrr, Steve? 🤢

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Pick a new manager? on 08:45 - Nov 19 with 5949 views34dfgdf54

Can’t beliece how low the vote is for Rodgers. Though the chances of getting him here are zero.
Pick a new manager? on 08:57 - Nov 19 with 5906 viewsjack247

Pick a new manager? on 08:45 - Nov 19 by 34dfgdf54

Can’t beliece how low the vote is for Rodgers. Though the chances of getting him here are zero.

I’d be going for Rodgers as well, though I agree, he isn’t coming back. He didn’t want to come here when we were in less of a mess than this and he was unemployed. He isn’t likely to want it now.
Pick a new manager? on 09:40 - Nov 19 with 5806 viewsyescomeon

Nice to see Martin O'Neil as an option, would be an interesting choice. I'm not sure anyone can save us from relegation, I'd like to see someone like Graham Potter come in and rebuild from the Championship/League 1, wherever we end up. No rebuilding can be done if the manager does not have more control over the transfers though.

SA is the most likely to keep us up out of the list, but he would want control of transfers and to spend money. I don't think we have money given our huge wage bill and I doubt he would be given full transfer control, so a non-starter. Then is the argument over selling out everything we supposedly stand for to stay up.

Rodgers and Martinez are just not realistic options. Not keen on Giggs or the Leon/Toshack option, although they are the most likely options.

That just leaves the three Dutch lads, of who I would mind any. Order of preference would be something like Koeman, de Boer, Berkamp, so chalk me up for Koeman.

Upthecity!

Pick a new manager? on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 5788 viewscostalotta

Pick a new manager? on 09:40 - Nov 19 by yescomeon

Nice to see Martin O'Neil as an option, would be an interesting choice. I'm not sure anyone can save us from relegation, I'd like to see someone like Graham Potter come in and rebuild from the Championship/League 1, wherever we end up. No rebuilding can be done if the manager does not have more control over the transfers though.

SA is the most likely to keep us up out of the list, but he would want control of transfers and to spend money. I don't think we have money given our huge wage bill and I doubt he would be given full transfer control, so a non-starter. Then is the argument over selling out everything we supposedly stand for to stay up.

Rodgers and Martinez are just not realistic options. Not keen on Giggs or the Leon/Toshack option, although they are the most likely options.

That just leaves the three Dutch lads, of who I would mind any. Order of preference would be something like Koeman, de Boer, Berkamp, so chalk me up for Koeman.

There's no guarantee that this guy is going to be any good in the league or that he could rebuild.

Why on earth do you think that going down to L1 means we can rebuild?

You consolidate then rebuild. We can still consolidate in this division but to do so some very brace decisions need to be made along with an honest and brutal assessment of the current set up and then a way forward can be plotted. And imo there's no need to drop to L1 in order to do that.

Why do you want to drop leagues?
Pick a new manager? on 10:22 - Nov 19 with 5686 viewsLoyal

Pulis.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Pick a new manager? on 10:32 - Nov 19 with 5664 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For better football it would be Koeman, but for staying up Fat Sam.
So Sam it is.
Pick a new manager? on 13:35 - Nov 19 with 5544 viewsSwansea93

Luis Enrique

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Pick a new manager? on 13:49 - Nov 19 with 5501 viewsDewi1jack

Pick a new manager? on 13:35 - Nov 19 by Swansea93

Luis Enrique

Giggs- Mmmm I'm going to sit right on the fence with this...

Never.
Not now.
Not ever.
Just NO
His name shouldn't even be linked with us. Or Wales for that matter

Dutch boys mentioned. Mmm worth a think
Pulis- could possibly rebuild team spirit.
Allardyce- we're anti football now so he won't make us any worse.

My choice-
Sack Jenkins and bring in any manager who has proved he/ she can rebuild team spirit whilst taking no sh1te off over paid promadonnas that couldn't give a flying fuk about trying.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Pick a new manager? on 13:55 - Nov 19 with 5472 viewspostman

Pick a new manager? on 13:49 - Nov 19 by Dewi1jack

Giggs- Mmmm I'm going to sit right on the fence with this...

Never.
Not now.
Not ever.
Just NO
His name shouldn't even be linked with us. Or Wales for that matter

Dutch boys mentioned. Mmm worth a think
Pulis- could possibly rebuild team spirit.
Allardyce- we're anti football now so he won't make us any worse.

My choice-
Sack Jenkins and bring in any manager who has proved he/ she can rebuild team spirit whilst taking no sh1te off over paid promadonnas that couldn't give a flying fuk about trying.

we still got this arsehole to get rid of first what about pardew if and when clement goes
Pick a new manager? on 13:56 - Nov 19 with 5467 viewsj01

Julian Naglesman
Pick a new manager? on 13:58 - Nov 19 with 5464 viewsHighjack

Michael o'neill has done well with a shyte group of players at NI.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pick a new manager? on 14:00 - Nov 19 with 5453 viewsjackjackjackjack

If West Brom are getting rid of Pulis, they'll be a more desirable job than we will. Same with Southampton. Allardyce has supposedly turned down Everton, and demanded many millions in transfer fees when he took over at Palace, so he's out.

Our last Premier managers have been Laudrup (who didn't have a great record before he came here), Monk, Bradley, Guidolin and Clement. So expect someone at that level.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

N/A. on 14:09 - Nov 19 with 5408 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:05]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Pick a new manager? on 14:10 - Nov 19 with 5400 viewsyescomeon

Pick a new manager? on 09:46 - Nov 19 by costalotta

There's no guarantee that this guy is going to be any good in the league or that he could rebuild.

Why on earth do you think that going down to L1 means we can rebuild?

You consolidate then rebuild. We can still consolidate in this division but to do so some very brace decisions need to be made along with an honest and brutal assessment of the current set up and then a way forward can be plotted. And imo there's no need to drop to L1 in order to do that.

Why do you want to drop leagues?

There is no guarantee with anyone.

Going to league 1 would mean we would by then have lost most of this current crop of players, Fabianski, Dyer and Britton aside good fvcking riddance. For the most part they are championship players on premier league money, which wouldn't be such an issue if they would at least fvcking try. Lucky to be in this league most of them and they can't even be arsed to put the effort in on the pitch.

There will be no consolidation in this league, just hanging on for grim death and an endless revolving door of mediocre managers giving us the new manager boost to keep us up until we finally go down. Unless it is this season, which is looking very likely.

I have no faith in those responsible for recruitment to unload the dross and replace intelligently. We're then in the championship with championship level players on premier league money we will struggle to offload. Plenty of examples of clubs dropping from the prem and dropping straight to league 1, no reason that won't happen to us as we've become just another club.

There's also examples of clubs who have dropped to league 1 and bounced back to the prem after a complete overhaul, so it is possible if the club is clever about it. Potter has done that, arguably to a bigger extent in Sweden. But it doesn't have to be him, could be anyone, Martinez had done nothing before giving us that big overhaul.

The overhaul we need to get back to anywhere near where we were just isn't going to happen in the prem, too much pressure because of the money, too little time and too small of a player pool. It'd be easier to do the lower down you are.

Anyway, I'm not saying let's get Potter, but he is the kind of appointment we used to make. Koeman would be my favorite, and was my vote, as he might try and bring back a more attractive style of football, maybe likewise from de Boer. But neither of those, nor trying to play football again is the best chance of us staying up.

Upthecity!

Pick a new manager? on 14:30 - Nov 19 with 5334 viewswhiterock

Martinez for me, he's got unfinished business, unless we have 3/4 quality players lined up for January 1st, we may not survive with any of the names mentioned

January 1st, not 31st
Pick a new manager? on 15:41 - Nov 19 with 5221 viewsKilkennyjack

Martin o’neill - he would put some pride back in the white shirt.

And think of the flags - dragons and tricolours everywhere....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇮🇪 !!

Beware of the Risen People

Pick a new manager? on 15:59 - Nov 19 with 5183 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How only 21.1% of the vote has gone to Sam on that last is bemusing. If you had to name one manager who is without a club and capable of keeping a truly horrendous squad of players in this league, it is Sam.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

N/A. on 16:02 - Nov 19 with 5175 viewsHuw57

Pick a new manager? on 15:59 - Nov 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

How only 21.1% of the vote has gone to Sam on that last is bemusing. If you had to name one manager who is without a club and capable of keeping a truly horrendous squad of players in this league, it is Sam.

N/A.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Pick a new manager? on 16:07 - Nov 19 with 5157 viewsDJack

Pick a new manager? on 15:59 - Nov 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Normally I wouldn't want that tvvat anywhere near our club but as it's already been stated elsewhere, we are now that poor a "footballing" side that we are an ideal candidate for him. We wont go for him as he and Huw would never work out. Pardew is a posssibility but I'd rather get rid of Huw Jenkins and get either one of the Dutchmen, or even go back to Frankie G.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Pick a new manager? on 16:09 - Nov 19 with 5145 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

N/A. on 16:02 - Nov 19 by Huw57

N/A.

He is obtainable, absolutely. Offer him 1, 2 perhaps even £3,000,000 of next season's television money if he keeps us up. He'd be down here the the same evening. I agree that Pardew would be my second choice, another manager who has kept a poor squad up from a similar position very recently.

We aren't talking about a manager for the long term here. This should be someone until next May. Just like Guidolin should have been thanked and a long term option put in place, just like with Clement and so on.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Pick a new manager? on 16:11 - Nov 19 with 5131 viewsItchySphincter

We've got ourselves in a situation where we need a firefighter. Only O'Neill or Fat Sam would stand any chance of keeping us in this league out of that lot, but I can't see either succeeding in the long run.

Our Premier League ship has sailed. Heartbreaking what we've done to ourselves.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pick a new manager? on 16:39 - Nov 19 with 5064 viewsJango

N/A. on 14:09 - Nov 19 by Huw57

N/A.

Please don’t
Pick a new manager? on 16:45 - Nov 19 with 5045 viewsjackjackjackjack

Allardyce spent nigh-on £40m last January at Palace, and has turned down Everton. It's not going to happen.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Pick a new manager? on 16:54 - Nov 19 with 5022 viewsRancid

Being realistic then Pulis if he's moved on at West Brom.Fat Sam is too big a character to be considered by Jenkins and would dare to try and get some control.Guidolin if he's abailable and doesnt mind being treated like shite again, id be reasonably happy with too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024