Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer 18:57 - Nov 19 with 2830 viewsmax936

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/britain-to-increase-brexit-divorce-bill-of

Utterly clueless this Government, I bet any other Country that wanted to leave wouldn't be bullied into the situation we face ourselves, the vote was nearly two years ago and yet we're still in there, the economic World has changed in that time and will change again by the time we leave, the situation is farcical to me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:06 - Nov 19 with 1438 viewsDafyddHuw

Totally. Let's have anotther vote.
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:27 - Nov 19 with 1408 viewsKilkennyjack

We are going to pay £40 billion to be in a worse position than we are today.
Well done Brexidiots.

Its obvious that the Government should stop Brexit with immediate effect.
No need for a second vote.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:31 - Nov 19 with 1404 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government isn’t governing at the moment. It’s just...there. It’s paralysed by uncertainty, incompetence and internal politics. Literally nothing of any substance is getting done. It has to end in another election sooner rather than later.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:34 - Nov 19 with 1396 viewsdickythorpe

RIP it up and start again
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:35 - Nov 19 with 1395 viewsLeonWasGod

That's not really news though is it? We're negotiating, of course the offer's going to keep going up until an amount is agreed.
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:54 - Nov 19 with 1374 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:35 - Nov 19 by LeonWasGod

That's not really news though is it? We're negotiating, of course the offer's going to keep going up until an amount is agreed.

Its not really negotiating though is it.

The EU side decide what they want and wait.
The UK Govt side then simply keep upping their offers until they each the magic amount.

The EU side dont have to give anything.

Our side are totally clueless.
Old Drunken Duck is about to quit.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 09:20 - Nov 20 with 1285 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 19:27 - Nov 19 by Kilkennyjack

We are going to pay £40 billion to be in a worse position than we are today.
Well done Brexidiots.

Its obvious that the Government should stop Brexit with immediate effect.
No need for a second vote.

There should never be another referendum unless it is about something like the colour of car headlights. Ridiculous putting something as complex as this to an 'in or out' vote. Especially when it was only done to help self serving Tories.
If people want out then vote UKIP at the next election and see where it gets them.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 9:21]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:19 - Nov 20 with 1263 viewssherpajacob

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 09:20 - Nov 20 by Private_Partz

There should never be another referendum unless it is about something like the colour of car headlights. Ridiculous putting something as complex as this to an 'in or out' vote. Especially when it was only done to help self serving Tories.
If people want out then vote UKIP at the next election and see where it gets them.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2017 9:21]

advisory referendums are fine, to gauge public opinion, providing the outcome is then properly discussed, debated and voted on in our sovereign parliament, particularly if the result of the advisory referendum is close either way.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 1261 viewsBobby_Fischer

Just get the immigrants ot!

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:27 - Nov 20 with 1256 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:19 - Nov 20 by sherpajacob

advisory referendums are fine, to gauge public opinion, providing the outcome is then properly discussed, debated and voted on in our sovereign parliament, particularly if the result of the advisory referendum is close either way.

I have to say, Sherpa, your faith in the collection of grafters and shysters that infest Westminster is quite touching, albeit wildly misplaced.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:33 - Nov 20 with 1248 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:19 - Nov 20 by sherpajacob

Good point, but if they are only advisory you are not going to mobilise the vast majority to leave their seats. Still it keeps the clueless less in their boxes so it would be no bad thing for gageing opinion.
.... and before anyone jumps on me...... I am not saying all Brexiters are clueless. Many have good arguments to support their case even though I disagree with them. What I am saying is the clueless swung the vote.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:35 - Nov 20 with 1244 viewsPrivate_Partz

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:27 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

I have to say, Sherpa, your faith in the collection of grafters and shysters that infest Westminster is quite touching, albeit wildly misplaced.

There is good and bad everywhere. We get the politicians we deserve. Currently though we are carrying out the policy of UKIP which can't be right imho.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:36 - Nov 20 with 1243 viewsBatterseajack

Have the UK government worked out how the border in Ireland will work then? That to me seems to be the biggest stumbling block.

Either rip up the good Friday agreement and slap a hard border OR Northern Ireland stays within the EU, retains the same border arrangements with its neighbor, continues to trade with EU rules and has a hard border with the UK.
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:39 - Nov 20 with 1240 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:33 - Nov 20 by Private_Partz

Good point, but if they are only advisory you are not going to mobilise the vast majority to leave their seats. Still it keeps the clueless less in their boxes so it would be no bad thing for gageing opinion.
.... and before anyone jumps on me...... I am not saying all Brexiters are clueless. Many have good arguments to support their case even though I disagree with them. What I am saying is the clueless swung the vote.

"What I am saying is the clueless swung the vote.

I do hope Labour adopt that as an official campaign slogan in their former heartlands at any upcoming elections. You've read the metropolitan pulse there, sir.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:41 - Nov 20 with 1236 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:35 - Nov 20 by Private_Partz

There is good and bad everywhere. We get the politicians we deserve. Currently though we are carrying out the policy of UKIP which can't be right imho.

"We get the politicians we deserve.

Never a truer word spoken.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:46 - Nov 20 with 1228 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:36 - Nov 20 by Batterseajack

Have the UK government worked out how the border in Ireland will work then? That to me seems to be the biggest stumbling block.

Either rip up the good Friday agreement and slap a hard border OR Northern Ireland stays within the EU, retains the same border arrangements with its neighbor, continues to trade with EU rules and has a hard border with the UK.

Or simply tell the Burghers of Brussels that any border arrangements between north and south are a matter for Belfast, London and Dublin alone.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:52 - Nov 20 with 1224 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:46 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Or simply tell the Burghers of Brussels that any border arrangements between north and south are a matter for Belfast, London and Dublin alone.

But that's not a solution is it. Goods entering the EU/UK need customs checks and similarly we need immigration control somewhere right?
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:54 - Nov 20 with 1220 viewsBobby_Fischer

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:46 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Because that went well last time.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:17 - Nov 20 with 1202 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:52 - Nov 20 by Batterseajack

But that's not a solution is it. Goods entering the EU/UK need customs checks and similarly we need immigration control somewhere right?

Yes indeed but there's no necessity such checks have to be undertaken on the boundaries of Armagh and Fermanagh, is there?

Some things are best left well alone, the extant border arrangements being high up on any sensible list.

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:18 - Nov 20 with 1198 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:54 - Nov 20 by Bobby_Fischer

Because that went well last time.

The last time? Are you talking about 1922 or something else?

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:25 - Nov 20 with 1189 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:17 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Yes indeed but there's no necessity such checks have to be undertaken on the boundaries of Armagh and Fermanagh, is there?

Some things are best left well alone, the extant border arrangements being high up on any sensible list.

Currently there isn't because both sides are within the EU, but what then after Brexit?

Whats stopping us import all of out EU goods into Britain tariff free via the borderless border with Ireland?
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:33 - Nov 20 with 1177 viewsLohengrin

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:25 - Nov 20 by Batterseajack

Currently there isn't because both sides are within the EU, but what then after Brexit?

Whats stopping us import all of out EU goods into Britain tariff free via the borderless border with Ireland?

Presumably there would have to be destination points for any goods shipped anywhere in the world on the goods documentation and/or transportation manifests? It ought not to be beyond the wit of man to establish segregated holding areas at Irish ports?

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:34 - Nov 20 with 1174 viewsHighjack

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 10:36 - Nov 20 by Batterseajack

Another solution would be for the Irish to leave the EU. The Irish people would take that in a heartbeat but their elected representatives won't allow that to happen.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:50 - Nov 20 with 1154 viewswestside

Brexit minister Davis costing this country a fortune by wanting to fly in RAF planes costing five times more than commercial flights.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5099773/David-Davis-rowed-Brexit-officia
Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:58 - Nov 20 with 1146 viewsBatterseajack

Brexit Deal is to get Dearer on 11:33 - Nov 20 by Lohengrin

Presumably there would have to be destination points for any goods shipped anywhere in the world on the goods documentation and/or transportation manifests? It ought not to be beyond the wit of man to establish segregated holding areas at Irish ports?

Whats stopping me importing a load of prosecco tariff free (and without all the paperwork) to Dundalk, then driving the shipment 10 miles north across the non existent border for distribution within Britain...or even exporting it tariff free to say America should we have a deal with them further down the line?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024