Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. 09:04 - Jul 1 with 7506 viewsswanseajack4eva

Good morning,

I need 6 people who are paid-up Trust members as of 16 June to support me standing for election to the Trust Board. Below is my draft 250 words. If you are willing to support my nomination, please send an email note to me at rupert.thomas@shell.com stating the following (this is the required text from the nomination form):

Quote: “I, [insert your name], of [insert your address], support the nomination of the candidate Rupert Thomas to stand in the forthcoming election to the Swansea City Trust Board for a period of one or two years if successful.”

Thanks in advance. Due to the prehistoric request for physical signatures it is not certain that email confirmation of nomination will be accepted, but let us see.

For the record, based on what I know, my view is that the Trust should take all legal remedies that are still available at this late stage. I may include that in my statement … although I suspect it will lessen the chances of being elected. I have been on Planet Swans for many years although do not post often. I think the only person on here I have met is Garyjack (I’m the bloke you gave the old programmes to — thanks again).

Thanks for your consideration. Below is the draft 250 words.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am 52 years old and grew up in Swansea. I have supported the Swans all my life through the good years as well as the difficult times.

We are now entering a challenging and uncertain period for both the football club and the Trust, and there are a number of complex issues ahead. I would like to put my energy and experience into ensuring that the Trust plays a strong and positive role in representing Swansea supporters to secure the best possible future for the football club. I believe the Trust membership needs to be expanded significantly and transparency improved in order for the Trust to more effectively represent Swansea supporters and for the Trust to become a more credible representative of supporters.

In my professional life I work for Royal Dutch Shell plc in a Vice President role. I have worked for the company for almost 30 years in operational, commercial, finance, communications and strategy roles. I have mainly worked in the UK, the Netherlands, and the USA. I have negotiated multi-decade commercial agreements and am experienced in legal and governance matters. I have worked closely with members of the Board of Directors of Shell. I am myself currently chairman of the Board of Directors of IPIECA (an industry association).

I live near London and visit Swansea regularly to watch the Swans and visit family and friends. I co-own a season ticket with my brother. If elected I can readily attend monthly Swans Trust Board meetings.

Following the Swans has been an important part of my life and I would like to ensure our supporters have a club that we are proud of going forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:12 - Jul 1 with 5664 viewsJackfath

Done.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:21 - Jul 1 with 5648 viewsTheResurrection

No one from Swansea has ever been given the name Rupert

What is this, some sort of wind up?? 😉

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:23 - Jul 1 with 5645 viewsWhiterockin

Re read your statement and explains everything I asked. Thank you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 9:35]
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:30 - Jul 1 with 5627 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:12 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

Done.

Thanks Jackfath - this is appreciated.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:35 - Jul 1 with 5607 viewsLoyal

Can you explain how you will personally manage the issues with the board regards lack of investment and mismanagement of funds. And can you also state your position on Huw Jenkins.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:35 - Jul 1 with 5607 viewsAlgorfajack

Done

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:48 - Jul 1 with 5576 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:23 - Jul 1 by Whiterockin

Re read your statement and explains everything I asked. Thank you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 9:35]

OK great - many thanks Whiterockin.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:11 - Jul 1 with 5537 viewsexiledclaseboy

Email sent as requested. Good luck.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 10:11]

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:13 - Jul 1 with 5530 viewsJackfath

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:11 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

Email sent as requested. Good luck.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 10:11]

Have you decided on whether you're standing?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:16 - Jul 1 with 5525 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:13 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

Have you decided on whether you're standing?

No. But I’ll need similar emails of support if I do so anyone who wants to send one to andrewcude@hotmail.com would be lovely people.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:30 - Jul 1 with 5484 viewsLoyal

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:48 - Jul 1 by swanseajack4eva

OK great - many thanks Whiterockin.

Can you answer my question ?
Would be grateful. And I would think many others will be as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:36 - Jul 1 with 5460 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:35 - Jul 1 by Loyal

Can you explain how you will personally manage the issues with the board regards lack of investment and mismanagement of funds. And can you also state your position on Huw Jenkins.

Hi Loyal - good questions, I will try to be brief:

I believe it is past time for Huw Jenkins to move on. He has been the primary driver behind Swansea's successes over the past 15 years, however, nothing lasts forever and his historical contributions do not justify continuation of the status quo based on performance over the past few years. Obviously a proper succession and transition plan is needed with a credible replacement found and the Trust should be closely involved in this appointment ... to avoid jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

If nominated/elected, I would personally press for greater Trust involvement and influence through our 20% shareholding and seat on the Board of the football club. As mentioned in my 250 words, apart from the Trust being stronger in its expectations, to accomplish this the Trust needs to reach and represent the broader fan base and not a narrow cross section as is currently the case. Following the co-opted appointments earlier this year, with the number of Trust Board seats currently up for election, I am optimistic there will be a shift in make-up of the Trust Board to help accomplish this.

Let me know if more needed - thanks.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:40 - Jul 1 with 5446 viewsHighjack

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 09:21 - Jul 1 by TheResurrection

No one from Swansea has ever been given the name Rupert

What is this, some sort of wind up?? 😉

Apart from this guy and all the others you’re probably right there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:35 - Jul 1 with 5357 viewslondonlisa2001

Email sent.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:46 - Jul 1 with 5334 viewsThornburyswan

Done & good luck.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:50 - Jul 1 with 5323 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Good luck. Drain the swamp!

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 5323 viewsThornburyswan

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:16 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

No. But I’ll need similar emails of support if I do so anyone who wants to send one to andrewcude@hotmail.com would be lovely people.

Done but be good to see your statement, if you go ahead & stand, too.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 5319 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 11:52 - Jul 1 by Thornburyswan

Done but be good to see your statement, if you go ahead & stand, too.

Thanks. And if I do I’ll post it on here. Cheers.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 12:46 - Jul 1 with 5264 viewsAlgorfajack

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:16 - Jul 1 by exiledclaseboy

Done.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 12:56 - Jul 1 with 5231 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 12:46 - Jul 1 by Algorfajack

Done.

Thank you.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 13:24 - Jul 1 with 5189 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not doubting the OP here one bit. But what is the Trust's process for validating and vetting any applicants background and employment history etc which could get them on the Trust Board? The OP is clearly no mug, but whats to stop any old mug lying through the teeth? It happens in far bigger industries which go into far more depth than we could expect here.

FYI - OP - good luck. The Trust board need a lot of help on the commercial side as it appears they have had their shoelaces tied by the American finance bods for years.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 13:30 - Jul 1 with 5173 viewsWingstandwood

Sh#t hot CV, high ranking expertise in the cut throat world, high pressure environment and stark reality of the PRIVATE SECTOR and big business. A place where only the strong can and will survive!

It takes a psychologically tough big fish to be comfortable in a sea of sharks! And ain't there arf some sharks at SCFC boardroom level.

Argus!

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 14:57 - Jul 1 with 5078 viewsLoyal

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 10:36 - Jul 1 by swanseajack4eva

Hi Loyal - good questions, I will try to be brief:

I believe it is past time for Huw Jenkins to move on. He has been the primary driver behind Swansea's successes over the past 15 years, however, nothing lasts forever and his historical contributions do not justify continuation of the status quo based on performance over the past few years. Obviously a proper succession and transition plan is needed with a credible replacement found and the Trust should be closely involved in this appointment ... to avoid jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

If nominated/elected, I would personally press for greater Trust involvement and influence through our 20% shareholding and seat on the Board of the football club. As mentioned in my 250 words, apart from the Trust being stronger in its expectations, to accomplish this the Trust needs to reach and represent the broader fan base and not a narrow cross section as is currently the case. Following the co-opted appointments earlier this year, with the number of Trust Board seats currently up for election, I am optimistic there will be a shift in make-up of the Trust Board to help accomplish this.

Let me know if more needed - thanks.

Fair play mate, cheers. Be strong.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 16:05 - Jul 1 with 5002 viewsDewi1jack

Email sent
Good luck

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 16:34 - Jul 1 with 4962 viewsShaky

If there is doubt about whether email nominations are acceptable, wouldn't it be an idea to copy the trust board secretary directly on these emails? I'm sure somebody can supply his email address.

Just a thought.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024