Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. 00:18 - Jul 25 with 2733 viewsomarjack

Just because we're having a sh!tty pre-season it doesn't mean we're going into ruination, apocalypse and judgement day all at once.

1st of all..Just look at "title favourites" Stoke..they just lost 3 matches in a row in their tour..Bochum..Eppen (who the f*ck are these guys) and Hamburg..All of them are German 2nd tier or less.

Boro just lost to Accrington Stanley..

WBA are wining their matches tbf..But their tour consists of Barnet and Swindon Town FFS.

2nd of all..We still haven't concluded our transfer business. More players are certainly coming. Although we might continue making poor recruitment decisions..But at this point we have no right to complain about that.

3rd of all..Fer, Clucas and Olsson are not currently available. All of these are very important players for us and once they're back things will start looking better in midfield especially.

I'm in no way saying "relax we're smashing the league next season.."..All I'm saying things are just not very clear right now. And honestly, Things are not as bad as many of you make them out to be. If we're not top 6 favourites at least..Then who the f*ck else?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 0:24]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 06:36 - Jul 25 with 2315 viewsChief

Im taking no notice of the performance in the friendlies so far when I say that if that's going to be close to our starting 11 come the season, we're in the cachu. And the pre season results have no bearing on that at all.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 06:53 - Jul 25 with 2288 viewsjack247

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 06:36 - Jul 25 by Chief

Im taking no notice of the performance in the friendlies so far when I say that if that's going to be close to our starting 11 come the season, we're in the cachu. And the pre season results have no bearing on that at all.

Exactly. Assuming Bony and the Ayews leave, we are very short up front and don’t have enough physicality in midfield. That’s far more of a concern than pre season results.
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 07:56 - Jul 25 with 2187 viewsFireboy2

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 06:36 - Jul 25 by Chief

Exactly

Friendlies mean fvck all
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:02 - Jul 25 with 2169 views34dfgdf54

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 07:56 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Exactly

Friendlies mean fvck all

Completely agree regarding friendlies. I couldn't care less about yesterdays result.

But the writing is on the wall if the squad is anywhere near that yesterday.
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:10 - Jul 25 with 2146 viewsomarjack

I agree with all of you. The squad is sh!t. But I don't think we'll be going into the season without a new CB, CMF, AMF and even a striker (McKenna, ???, Celina, Forestieri?)..no way imo unless Huw and his friends have simply given up. But if they did. Why did they even bother hiring Potter? They could have just promoted Toshack if they stopped caring imo.

I'm hoping Clucas and Fer don't have reoccurring injury issues because we're really going to be in huge trouble. But we don't have a reason to be very worried.

There are minimum 6 starters that are simply not even in the team yet.

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:45 - Jul 25 with 2061 viewsmoonie

Thanks Connor.
It makes me feel so much better .
It's just things as people see it .Now, which doesn't seem good at all.
Doom n gloom is a much overused expression ,something like " post something positive" . I d rather someone say how they really really feel, negative or not . It d be nice to see some fans encouraging other less sanguine fans instead of ripping them apart.

Any clown can post positive pisstakes on here and be applauded.

Personally, I see nothing but bad signs until the new dawn comes led by Huw backed by the Yanks
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:52 - Jul 25 with 2039 viewsLoyal

Oooooof Omar, interesting ...
This brigade boys or girls ?
I think you maybe should heed your own words.
But you are of course forgiven for your contributions, varied, evidenced and sometimes correct 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:56 - Jul 25 with 2027 viewsomarjack

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:52 - Jul 25 by Loyal

Oooooof Omar, interesting ...
This brigade boys or girls ?
I think you maybe should heed your own words.
But you are of course forgiven for your contributions, varied, evidenced and sometimes correct 👍

My contributions are rarely correct :) But I give them anyway for the f*ck of it.

Login to get fewer ads

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 09:12 - Jul 25 with 1979 viewsAlfieMooresSon

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 07:56 - Jul 25 by Fireboy2

Exactly

Friendlies mean fvck all

They don't mean feck all, they are important for preparing for a busy season, and making sure we are ready for the start, and some wins brings some much needed confidence.

I predicted a terrible start as we were to slow in appointing Potter, if he's good enough he can turn things around, but this season we needed to be ready and prepared and straight out of the blocks, I fear the opposite!
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:06 - Jul 25 with 1892 viewsmoonie

Exactly.
Why have friendlies pre season?

Surely not to give players a bit of a jolly before the action starts.
Nah, it's normally to form tactics, a plan and strategy for the ensuing season. We ve not exactly got good history in this regard and people are all doom n gloom about it.
Can't say I blame them.

As for the positive punters, I don't believe a feckn word what they post .
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:08 - Jul 25 with 1891 viewsHighjack

I don’t think it’s time to panic yet but it seems we’ve dawdled so much trying to ship players out then any players coming in won’t have a pre season with us which puts them on the back foot to start with.

The deficiencies and imbalances in the squad that everybody has seen for the best part of three years (wide players, creative players etc) have not been addressed apart from Asoro who does look promising early on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:13 - Jul 25 with 1873 viewsmoonie

It's not panic high,just reaction and opinion. It's not as if we re interfering with our darling players lifestyle as they look for ways to waste their grotesque salaries.

Anyway, fans have a right to panic.

You up to much today?

I'm doing a little banjo practising then cycling to Gym then sauna . Lunch , then watch TDF then prepare dinner for wifey .

Glorious today on west Wirral after a few cloudy days with some rain which has freshened up the grass. Life is good right now
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:41 - Jul 25 with 1813 viewsLeonWasGod

In Huw we trust
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 1803 viewsomarjack

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:41 - Jul 25 by LeonWasGod

In Huw we trust

I've noticed The Resurrection hasn't been around for a while to pump up the morals around here so someone has to step in :)

Deluded? Almost certainly.

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 18:37 - Jul 27 with 1563 viewsElmo

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 10:44 - Jul 25 by omarjack

I've noticed The Resurrection hasn't been around for a while to pump up the morals around here so someone has to step in :)

Deluded? Almost certainly.

Time to step back in to pump up 'em "morals"
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:05 - Jul 27 with 1464 viewsOldjack

No one in of note , what little class we had are on their toes ,wtf do you expect .

ps West Brom have to be favourites especially the way they finished last season .As it stands we'll be lucky to stay up .

Potter ,i feel sorry for

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:30 - Jul 27 with 1369 viewscwm02

Granted friendlies mean nothing but it's good to see how much the team gels, identify first players and see if there is any areas we need to improve (seems a lot to me).

But we seem under-prepared & left it too late, no time to settle in or evaluate the signings in a competitive manner. The Genoa game was good for the level of teams we'll be competing against in the season but we didn't create enough chances for a functional team. All the youth purchases won't solve the issue when they have little top competition experience.

For long-term success to work, you need short-term success. I'm hoping this won't disrupt anything come the season & we have a good season.

COYS
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:45 - Jul 27 with 1321 viewsParsSwans

We are going to be bottom half without a shadow of a doubt I take no notice in pre season friendlies but what I do know is that our squad is poor and will only get poorer and I’m just stating what I believe is the obvious I’d rather the yanks and HJ and sellouts gonget relegated again and have our identity back as at present we are heading downwards and still have them in control. I’m a businessman and I know if I squandered the money given to me like HJ has squandered od be gone it’s embarrading he is still here
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:47 - Jul 27 with 1303 viewsvalleyboy

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:30 - Jul 27 by cwm02

Granted friendlies mean nothing but it's good to see how much the team gels, identify first players and see if there is any areas we need to improve (seems a lot to me).

But we seem under-prepared & left it too late, no time to settle in or evaluate the signings in a competitive manner. The Genoa game was good for the level of teams we'll be competing against in the season but we didn't create enough chances for a functional team. All the youth purchases won't solve the issue when they have little top competition experience.

For long-term success to work, you need short-term success. I'm hoping this won't disrupt anything come the season & we have a good season.

COYS

I agree friendliest don’t mean much, but if you can’t do the simple things right like making passes count and with midfield players losing so much possession, then you are entering worrying times for sure

Even if new players were brought in tomorrow, they are going to take time to gel and before you know it the team is struggling

Football is not just about skill and fitness a player has, but confidence plays an important part in the success of any team
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:52 - Jul 27 with 1289 viewscwm02

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 19:47 - Jul 27 by valleyboy

I agree friendliest don’t mean much, but if you can’t do the simple things right like making passes count and with midfield players losing so much possession, then you are entering worrying times for sure

Even if new players were brought in tomorrow, they are going to take time to gel and before you know it the team is struggling

Football is not just about skill and fitness a player has, but confidence plays an important part in the success of any team

I agree. Potter wants to bring back the passing football but we're too slow and teams then are able to go back & put 10-men behind the ball

That's the problem with leaving it too late, they don't have enough time to gel so a team will not play like a team and fall apart onto the pitch.

I agree with you on the last part. Sanches is a perfect example of a player have necessary skill but devoid in confidence.
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 22:55 - Jul 27 with 1114 viewsAndy1300

Not so long ago Man Utd had a storming pre-season and we went and beat them

I gave up worrying about pre-season games a couple of years ago

Number 1 team in Wales

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 23:02 - Jul 27 with 1092 viewsomarjack

Remember when we beat Sampdoria (which is a very respectable club) 4-0 last year in pre-season?

You all saw the season we had after that.

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 23:27 - Jul 27 with 1044 viewsdobjack2

If the window had closed I’d be worried.

I expect us to strengthen but i wouldn’t be surprised if it took until mi/late September to see where we are going as a squad.
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 23:44 - Jul 27 with 1010 viewspencoedjack

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 08:02 - Jul 25 by 34dfgdf54

Completely agree regarding friendlies. I couldn't care less about yesterdays result.

But the writing is on the wall if the squad is anywhere near that yesterday.

Mate me you St Helens & Tommy should arrange a night out to talk about football 👍
For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 00:02 - Jul 28 with 987 viewsclloy2

For the gloom 'n' doom brigade on here. on 23:44 - Jul 27 by pencoedjack

Mate me you St Helens & Tommy should arrange a night out to talk about football 👍

For me Id like to know what was GP promised when he was appointed. I cant believe he came here on the basis that there would be nothing/or minimal to spend, when Osterunds were on an upward projection.
Was he promised x million on the basis of the 5/6 high earners being moved on. As we know he has only spent 2.5m. If nothing happens next week in terms of players in then my guess is that he was lied to.
If this is the case and we lose badly next weekend, then fully expect the first home game to be a toxic atmosphere, but apportion no blame to GP, but to the owners and HJ
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024