Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liberty Pitch 16:50 - Feb 20 with 2426 viewsYrAlarch

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I understand the Ospreys are playing at the Liberty this evening. With the rainfall we've had over th a past 24 hours, what damage will be caused to our new pitch?
Bearing in mind we are also playing at home on Wednesday.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Liberty Pitch on 17:05 - Feb 20 with 2030 viewsCatullus

Our new pitch will be ruined again in 3/4 weeks. Too many games, too much rain. The rugby should be sent to the Gnoll and St Helens. Though with no crowds they could play on Llandarcy academy of sport and no one would notice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Liberty Pitch on 17:10 - Feb 20 with 2024 viewsLuther27

Liberty Pitch on 17:05 - Feb 20 by Catullus

Our new pitch will be ruined again in 3/4 weeks. Too many games, too much rain. The rugby should be sent to the Gnoll and St Helens. Though with no crowds they could play on Llandarcy academy of sport and no one would notice.

Good post. Agree with that.
Liberty Pitch on 17:18 - Feb 20 with 2004 viewsonehunglow

Shame we couldn't have had our own stadium.That's what owners with brass give you.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Liberty Pitch on 18:41 - Feb 20 with 1952 viewsReslovenSwan1

Liberty Pitch on 17:18 - Feb 20 by onehunglow

Shame we couldn't have had our own stadium.That's what owners with brass give you.

Swansea city own the stadium under a commercial lease for 30 years and get fees from the Ospreys for them to use it . They could strike a new deal and ask them to play somewhere else but would bneed t compensate tham.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Liberty Pitch on 18:44 - Feb 20 with 1953 views34dfgdf54

Yeah just saw that now. These groundsman have no chance to be fair to them.
Liberty Pitch on 20:31 - Feb 20 with 1888 viewsSlugster664

Liberty Pitch on 17:05 - Feb 20 by Catullus

If the Swans were so concerned they could play elsewhere....not the rugby lads fault that the precious football players need to play on a carpet surface to protect their fragile limbs

STID

Liberty Pitch on 20:34 - Feb 20 with 1878 viewsjasper_T

Newport having the same problem. Moved their game to Sunday to try to avoid the worst of the weather, but rugby played on it again yesterday. Not a blade of grass left.

Madness.
Liberty Pitch on 21:44 - Feb 20 with 1843 viewsCatullus

Liberty Pitch on 20:31 - Feb 20 by Slugster664

If the Swans were so concerned they could play elsewhere....not the rugby lads fault that the precious football players need to play on a carpet surface to protect their fragile limbs

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Liberty Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 21 with 1696 viewsTreforys_Jack

Liberty Pitch on 20:31 - Feb 20 by Slugster664

More about the standard of football possible but you crack on fishing.
Liberty Pitch on 20:25 - Feb 21 with 1586 viewsGaryjack

Judge for yourselves, but it seems to me that it held up pretty well. Saying that, i'm firmly in the camp of 'compensate them and get them out'.

Agh well, video wont play but it's on youtube
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 20:31]
Liberty Pitch on 20:27 - Feb 21 with 1569 viewsbuilthjack

Get the rugby lot down The Knoll, or St Helens.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liberty Pitch on 20:34 - Feb 21 with 1547 viewsonehunglow

Just a shame Rugby is seen clearly as the enemy even in a country that is seen to embrace it for many the national game.

All Whites as much a part of Swansea sport as the Swans.

Ospreys sadly was the death of rugby in Swansea for many being linked to Neath of all places and playing virtually in Black.

Still, hope we are all behind the lads next Saturday against the hated English

Liberty Pitch on 20:43 - Feb 21 with 1540 viewsNotLoyal

Liberty Pitch on 20:34 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Just a shame Rugby is seen clearly as the enemy even in a country that is seen to embrace it for many the national game.

All Whites as much a part of Swansea sport as the Swans.

Ospreys sadly was the death of rugby in Swansea for many being linked to Neath of all places and playing virtually in Black.

Still, hope we are all behind the lads next Saturday against the hated English

Nobody should hate anyone.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Liberty Pitch on 20:48 - Feb 21 with 1530 viewsonehunglow

Liberty Pitch on 20:43 - Feb 21 by NotLoyal

True enough ,for most .

Rugby too should not be hated or its players because they share the same stadium.

I d have loved Swansea RFC to have kept the Swansea name.We were a famous club worldwide and plenty of history to go with it. .

Liberty Pitch on 21:02 - Feb 21 with 1523 viewsGaryjack

Liberty Pitch on 20:43 - Feb 21 by NotLoyal

I don't like to be the one to break this to you, but your 'born again Christian' type stance that you seem to have adopted since becoming Keith's right hand man, ain't gonna get you a Nobel peace prize!
Liberty Pitch on 23:38 - Feb 21 with 1414 viewsmajorraglan

There’s 3 decent grounds the Ospreys could use if needed, the Gnoll, St Helens and the Talbot Athletic. Pretty sure at least 2 of them have floodlights good enough for TV to be able to broadcast the game.

Newport’s pitch is atrocious, I can’t see why they don’t move the games around either. It’s not doing either side any good, both teams from is poor.
Liberty Pitch on 08:24 - Feb 22 with 1330 views34dfgdf54

Liberty Pitch on 23:38 - Feb 21 by majorraglan

There’s 3 decent grounds the Ospreys could use if needed, the Gnoll, St Helens and the Talbot Athletic. Pretty sure at least 2 of them have floodlights good enough for TV to be able to broadcast the game.

Newport’s pitch is atrocious, I can’t see why they don’t move the games around either. It’s not doing either side any good, both teams from is poor.

Newport play on Newport RFC's ground, now owned by the WRU. They would be the ones that would need to move their games around.
Liberty Pitch on 11:46 - Feb 22 with 1268 viewsCountyJim

Liberty Pitch on 23:38 - Feb 21 by majorraglan

Our pitch is an absolute disgrace we pay a lot of money in rent to use the pitch for the egg chasers to mash it up we are stuck really we can't afford our own ground
Liberty Pitch on 12:37 - Feb 22 with 1244 viewsKeithHaynes

Liberty Pitch on 21:02 - Feb 21 by Garyjack

I don't like to be the one to break this to you, but your 'born again Christian' type stance that you seem to have adopted since becoming Keith's right hand man, ain't gonna get you a Nobel peace prize!

I’m sure the boy Loyal will thank you for getting him through his sticky patch. He has been my right hand man for 46 years 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Liberty Pitch on 13:25 - Feb 22 with 1209 viewsmajorraglan

Liberty Pitch on 08:24 - Feb 22 by 34dfgdf54

Newport play on Newport RFC's ground, now owned by the WRU. They would be the ones that would need to move their games around.

I don’t think that will happen, I think Newport RFC will get the boot. There was an article in the press last week about over use of the ground and the impression I had was that the money generated from having Newport County as tenants was vital to overall sustainability and that they were looking for solutions to the “port” issue.
Liberty Pitch on 13:28 - Feb 22 with 1203 viewsonehunglow

Liberty Pitch on 12:37 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

I’m sure the boy Loyal will thank you for getting him through his sticky patch. He has been my right hand man for 46 years 😉

"born again Christians".Not only worthy a ban but a virtual stoving in of head

Liberty Pitch on 21:18 - Feb 22 with 1115 viewsNotLoyal

Liberty Pitch on 12:37 - Feb 22 by KeithHaynes

Fat finger down arrow 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Liberty Pitch on 22:24 - Feb 22 with 1099 viewsDJack

Liberty Pitch on 21:18 - Feb 22 by NotLoyal

Fat finger down arrow 😂

Hopefully the left hand...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Liberty Pitch on 14:40 - Feb 23 with 999 viewsSlugster664

Liberty Pitch on 12:27 - Feb 21 by Treforys_Jack

More about the standard of football possible but you crack on fishing.

Professional footballers getting paid loads of money, should be able to perform on any surface.

STID

Liberty Pitch on 15:13 - Feb 23 with 984 views34dfgdf54

Liberty Pitch on 14:40 - Feb 23 by Slugster664

Professional footballers getting paid loads of money, should be able to perform on any surface.

It doesn't work like that though it's pretty much impossible to play a passing game when the ball is literally bobbling everywhere, soft underfoot etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024