Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 07:38 - Mar 7 with 1335 views34dfgdf54

Just mentioned it in match thread, I’d normally never advocate this in a million years, but is it time for a short term deal 👀👀👀

Bony on 07:42 - Mar 7 with 1316 viewsangryjack

Noooooooooooooo........keep well away would rather give a hungry youngster likecwhittaker his chance..bony injury prone and has only ever had one good season in England..
Bony on 07:46 - Mar 7 with 1307 views34dfgdf54

Bony on 07:42 - Mar 7 by angryjack

Noooooooooooooo........keep well away would rather give a hungry youngster likecwhittaker his chance..bony injury prone and has only ever had one good season in England..

He’s not going to give Whittaker a game though is he by the looks.
Bony on 07:51 - Mar 7 with 1292 viewsangryjack

Bony on 07:46 - Mar 7 by 34dfgdf54

He’s not going to give Whittaker a game though is he by the looks.

He will eventually....same as arriola
Bony on 12:42 - Mar 9 with 1028 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bony would have been wise to get 10-12 games unfder his belt sloggging it away at Rodney Parade. Mr Flynn would have got him as fit as anyone else would and he could had scored a few goals. I am suspicious why he did not back himself. Perhaps he is already aware he cannot deliver.?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bony on 12:50 - Mar 9 with 1026 viewsAnotherJohn

I 'd guess it would be very hard for Wilf to get up to speed now. However, if he offered us a cheap pay-per-game deal there wouldn't be much to lose. From his point of view he might not make much money, but could put himself in the frame for something decent next year. I disagree that he would be a bad influence; that side of things seemed okay while he was in his last season with us.
Bony on 13:15 - Mar 9 with 1008 viewsCatullus

Bony on 12:50 - Mar 9 by AnotherJohn

I 'd guess it would be very hard for Wilf to get up to speed now. However, if he offered us a cheap pay-per-game deal there wouldn't be much to lose. From his point of view he might not make much money, but could put himself in the frame for something decent next year. I disagree that he would be a bad influence; that side of things seemed okay while he was in his last season with us.

Not much to lose? What message does it send to others in the squad if an unfit, injury prone ex player is given a deal? What if he got games too? What would Whittaker think? I know I wouldn't be happy.

As already said,maybe he should have backed himself at Rodney Parade.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bony on 13:24 - Mar 9 with 999 viewsonehunglow

Mel Nurse is still solid and Cliffie Jones is a spritely 85 year old.

Both fitter than Bony

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bony on 13:44 - Mar 9 with 981 views34dfgdf54

Bony on 13:15 - Mar 9 by Catullus

Not much to lose? What message does it send to others in the squad if an unfit, injury prone ex player is given a deal? What if he got games too? What would Whittaker think? I know I wouldn't be happy.

You'd assume Whittaker has been told he is for emergency's only this year, he hasn't been given minutes.

One for future.

What I'm saying is, I don't think Ayew and Lowe can be relied upon every week, Hourihane experiment didn't really work, not sure if a run a games will change that personally.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 14:39 - Mar 9 with 936 viewsonehunglow

Bony on 13:44 - Mar 9 by 34dfgdf54

You'd assume Whittaker has been told he is for emergency's only this year, he hasn't been given minutes.

One for future.

What I'm saying is, I don't think Ayew and Lowe can be relied upon every week, Hourihane experiment didn't really work, not sure if a run a games will change that personally.

Whitaker scored against Man City so I d have thought he could more than handle Ewood Park.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bony on 14:56 - Mar 9 with 920 viewstrampie

One for future.

I think Hourihane has worked, if he can score a few more goals between now and the end of the season that will be great, if Ayew does go to the African nations qualifier games then we need as many goalscorers/creators on the pitch as we can get.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bony on 15:07 - Mar 9 with 913 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Dear god no. I'd rather pull Al-Hamadi out of the u23s if we're desperate for a striker, any striker.

But then we're obviously not that desperate, as we have Whittaker sat on the bench every week and Cooper refuses to play him. I suspect we're just going to have to accept that it'll be Ayew and Lowe, no matter how knackered or off the boil they are.
Bony on 15:25 - Mar 9 with 886 viewsJoe_bradshaw

At the end of Bony’s second spell he couldn’t jump and could barely run. He could sometimes hold it up if played to his feet and he managed to get it under control because defenders had to treat him as a roundabout.

He’ll be considerably worse now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Bony on 15:46 - Mar 9 with 860 viewsswancity

He’s a huge heavy unit with legs like tree trunks. And about as static as those trees. None of us know about his general fitness and conditioning though so it’s impossible to say if he could help us now. I’d doubt very much that he could get himself in shape. He’d be like Akinfenwa. Not mobile or sharp enough at this level most probably. Certainly not in our team of workaholics.

Why is he being mentioned?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Bony on 17:51 - Mar 9 with 804 viewsCatullus

One for future.

Emergencies only? What would you call it if you sign an unfit, always injured ex player who has no club and hasn't trained?

That's beyond emergency and into desperation in my book.

Whittaker has been here awhile now, is training with the first team and has even been on for the first team. He's in a far better place to start a match than Bony ever will be again.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bony on 17:53 - Mar 9 with 802 viewsAnotherJohn

Bony on 13:15 - Mar 9 by Catullus

A cheap pay per game arrangement is hardly a deal that is going to cause envy.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 17:55]
Bony on 15:13 - Mar 10 with 700 viewsCountyJim

I believe he's still training with us in Newport

I think Flynny has asked the question about him playing for us but apparently it would be bad for his CV
Bony on 00:53 - Mar 16 with 553 viewsAndyCole

Another flailing, irrational malcontent, ffs. We are where we are without a recognised striker, least of all a tired has-been who flunked his last audition in style.

How would that work ?

How many of our non-negotiables does he tick ?

What are the economics of your short term deal ?

How would you deploy him, in which optimised formation ?

How would he fit with our culture ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bony on 02:30 - Mar 16 with 513 viewsWhiterockin

Bony on 15:13 - Mar 10 by CountyJim

I believe he's still training with us in Newport

I think Flynny has asked the question about him playing for us but apparently it would be bad for his CV

Not as bad as retirement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024