Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“We need to rotate” 19:32 - Mar 20 with 10295 viewsDr_Parnassus

Can we stop with that nonsense now please, and realise the fact that we have an incredibly front loaded and lop sided squad.

Bidwell looked like a player that had been rotated, no sharpness and no fluidity and about 3 yards off the pace. Whittaker for all his effort has nowhere near the physical attributes to be playing at this level yet, he showed what he could be at times and is going to be a very good player I have no doubt, but he was knocked off the ball every time he was challenged and we gave up possession far too easily. Naughton is not a centre back and what benefits he may give us when we have the ball sadly we lose without it, we were dominated in the air in both boxes.

We need to play our best team and accept we will be tired at times, that’s the nature of football when you don’t have a big squad full of quality. Which is something we don’t have despite many pretending otherwise.

I am full of praise for the management team and their achievements thus far but one area where I feel disappointed in is I don’t think they have blocked out the noise efficiently enough. To me, it looks like they have allowed desperate opinion to be picked up by journalists and has allowed that to permeate their decision making. This latest game seems to be the epitome of that. It was a disjointed game with what looked like a cobbled together team.

Cabango, Lowe and Smith have to start.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

“We need to rotate” on 19:36 - Mar 20 with 2324 views34dfgdf54

Dear god what a pathetic post
“We need to rotate” on 19:37 - Mar 20 with 2313 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 19:36 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

Dear god what a pathetic post

I wasn’t expecting you to like it.

“We need to rotate” on 19:39 - Mar 20 with 2305 views34dfgdf54

“We need to rotate” on 19:37 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I wasn’t expecting you to like it.

You’ve enjoyed us losing today because Cooper who you adore has done what what you disagreed with.

Whittaker was the most likely all day long but lack of quality when it mattered. Cabango I agree with but the guy you adore doesn’t, that’s all that matters.
“We need to rotate” on 19:43 - Mar 20 with 2288 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 19:39 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

You’ve enjoyed us losing today because Cooper who you adore has done what what you disagreed with.

Whittaker was the most likely all day long but lack of quality when it mattered. Cabango I agree with but the guy you adore doesn’t, that’s all that matters.

I don’t adore anyone in football, what on earth are you talking about?

You have seemed to enjoy all our defeats because you can then use it as your pretext to blame Cooper for something you invent... without looking into.

Being most likely to score? Of course he was, he was the striker. He was also most likely to lose the ball.

“We need to rotate” on 19:48 - Mar 20 with 2277 views34dfgdf54

“We need to rotate” on 19:43 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t adore anyone in football, what on earth are you talking about?

You have seemed to enjoy all our defeats because you can then use it as your pretext to blame Cooper for something you invent... without looking into.

Being most likely to score? Of course he was, he was the striker. He was also most likely to lose the ball.

He had three/four clear cut chances, I’m frustrating he didn’t take one but I’ll stick with him as I did with Lowe when he was getting in these positions.

Lowe should have come on earlier though I agree but Cooper sat on his hands again.

I also agree with you about Cabango but Cooper the football manager thinks different.
“We need to rotate” on 19:54 - Mar 20 with 2255 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 19:48 - Mar 20 by 34dfgdf54

He had three/four clear cut chances, I’m frustrating he didn’t take one but I’ll stick with him as I did with Lowe when he was getting in these positions.

Lowe should have come on earlier though I agree but Cooper sat on his hands again.

I also agree with you about Cabango but Cooper the football manager thinks different.

Cooper can’t win though. People want him to drop players.... then when he does he gets criticised for not bringing them back on.

“We need to rotate” on 20:01 - Mar 20 with 2235 viewsCatullus

“We need to rotate” on 19:54 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Cooper can’t win though. People want him to drop players.... then when he does he gets criticised for not bringing them back on.

No, not for bringing a certain player back on but being slow making subs.

For all your criticism, the second half was the best we have played since the first half against Bristol City. We played better when Houri went off. In the end Cradiff were clinging on, defending deep and relying on their defensive quality to see the game out, remember when we used to do that?

Today we leaked another poor goal, that's where you are right Cabango should have started.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“We need to rotate” on 20:07 - Mar 20 with 2218 viewsChief

Totally agree with the OP. Was there anyone that played that you could honestly say would have benefited from rotation? No.

We absolutely battered them second half, Ayew hit the post, Whittaker looked lively.

We need and needed an out and out Striker. That's it.

Cardiff barely rotate and they're taking the 3 points away.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

“We need to rotate” on 20:09 - Mar 20 with 2207 views34dfgdf54

“We need to rotate” on 20:07 - Mar 20 by Chief

Totally agree with the OP. Was there anyone that played that you could honestly say would have benefited from rotation? No.

We absolutely battered them second half, Ayew hit the post, Whittaker looked lively.

Yeah Whittaker starting and Lowe coming on fresh
“We need to rotate” on 22:11 - Mar 20 with 2159 viewsthornabyswan

“We need to rotate” on 19:54 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

This is true

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

“We need to rotate” on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 2149 viewsjack247

If Cabango starts, he comes in for Bennett. Naughton and Guehi had a lot of possession for central defenders today, that’s not his game. We’re hardly getting dominated in the air.

I didn’t think Whittaker struggled physically any more than Lowe would have against that defence. He never hid. Wasted two great opportunities, but did more than Lowe has for a while.

Smith I agree with. He’s not great in the final third, though he did slip a great ball in for Whittaker, but we’re a much more fluid team with him, Grimes and Fulton in midfield.
“We need to rotate” on 22:20 - Mar 20 with 2147 views34dfgdf54

“We need to rotate” on 22:16 - Mar 20 by jack247

If Cabango starts, he comes in for Bennett. Naughton and Guehi had a lot of possession for central defenders today, that’s not his game. We’re hardly getting dominated in the air.

I didn’t think Whittaker struggled physically any more than Lowe would have against that defence. He never hid. Wasted two great opportunities, but did more than Lowe has for a while.

Smith I agree with. He’s not great in the final third, though he did slip a great ball in for Whittaker, but we’re a much more fluid team with him, Grimes and Fulton in midfield.

Great post.
“We need to rotate” on 23:29 - Mar 20 with 2108 viewsAndyCole

“We need to rotate” on 20:07 - Mar 20 by Chief

Excellent thread and totally agree. We should OF made more subs too, innit.

Football vs hoofball. Class is permanent, luck is temporary. On and off the pitch, and terraces.

Brewster and MGW we smash them, all day.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

“We need to rotate” on 23:36 - Mar 20 with 2103 viewstheloneranger

Bidwell had his poorest game in a Swans shirt in a long time!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

“We need to rotate” on 00:48 - Mar 21 with 2067 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 22:16 - Mar 20 by jack247

Never said he hid, didn’t question his attitude or ability. Just the fact he is incredibly lightweight and gets knocked off the ball almost comically too easy with the slightest of physicality. Which is something you get in this league. He simply needs to bulk before becoming a feature of our side.

There is a reason he barely played for Derby.

Lowe is a million times more physical and often holds the ball up and brings our wing backs into the game. We have scored a lot from inter play between Bidwell and Lowe. We didn’t see any with Whittaker, any sparks came from solo stuff.

As for Naughton, we got pummelled in the air. I understand why he plays him, he brings a little attacking threat with the ball, but when we don’t he is outmuscled in the box and often doesn’t bother even jumping when crosses come in. Not through any fault of his own, because it’s largely pointless.

Would Cabango have got on the end of any of our 11 corners today? Would they have scored that scrappy areal goal? Hard to say now, but it’s clear we would have had a better chance stopping it and also nicking a set piece with him on the field.

“We need to rotate” on 01:07 - Mar 21 with 2062 views9MilesHigh

The end of this fraud poster.

There's no coming back from this.

There's only so often you can back the wrong horse and his fake, Aussie dollars have burnt out in front of our eyes

Worth nothing!
“We need to rotate” on 01:17 - Mar 21 with 2059 views9MilesHigh

“We need to rotate” on 00:48 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Never said he hid, didn’t question his attitude or ability. Just the fact he is incredibly lightweight and gets knocked off the ball almost comically too easy with the slightest of physicality. Which is something you get in this league. He simply needs to bulk before becoming a feature of our side.

Lowe is a million times more physical and often holds the ball up and brings our wing backs into the game. We have scored a lot from inter play between Bidwell and Lowe. We didn’t see any with Whittaker, any sparks came from solo stuff.

As for Naughton, we got pummelled in the air. I understand why he plays him, he brings a little attacking threat with the ball, but when we don’t he is outmuscled in the box and often doesn’t bother even jumping when crosses come in. Not through any fault of his own, because it’s largely pointless.

Would Cabango have got on the end of any of our 11 corners today? Would they have scored that scrappy areal goal? Hard to say now, but it’s clear we would have had a better chance stopping it and also nicking a set piece with him on the field.

An all out attack on Morgan Whittaker.

And let's not dress it up as anything else, an attack on a Swans signing, and why?

Because this tw@t has decided, instead of applying any sort of balance, he's decided, from the comfort of seeing 2 games in 5 seasons he's decided that Cooper is the answer.

He's no more the answer than Trump was to his fake new-found right wing new world order.

Forget this nobody from West Wales, he knows not what he proclaims to shout about, It's just noise that needs castration.
“We need to rotate” on 02:08 - Mar 21 with 2047 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 01:07 - Mar 21 by 9MilesHigh

The end of this fraud poster.

There's no coming back from this.

There's only so often you can back the wrong horse and his fake, Aussie dollars have burnt out in front of our eyes

Worth nothing!

Don't you get bored?

I am the reason you are living at the moment it seems. It's quite the compliment. Worth noting.

“We need to rotate” on 02:10 - Mar 21 with 2046 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 01:17 - Mar 21 by 9MilesHigh

An all out attack on Morgan Whittaker.

And let's not dress it up as anything else, an attack on a Swans signing, and why?

Because this tw@t has decided, instead of applying any sort of balance, he's decided, from the comfort of seeing 2 games in 5 seasons he's decided that Cooper is the answer.

He's no more the answer than Trump was to his fake new-found right wing new world order.

Forget this nobody from West Wales, he knows not what he proclaims to shout about, It's just noise that needs castration.

An all out attack? By saying he's going to be a very good footballer but not physically developed yet?

Stop obsessing and wipe the smog out of your eyes. If I stopped posting (which I absolutely won't, I have zero time for threats and insults) you would lose a large part of your life.

While it's an alien concept to you at the moment, you are just going to have to deal with the fact people won't be jumping on your bandwagon to slate the club and the management team. This is a Swansea supporters site.... supporters.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 3:12]

“We need to rotate” on 06:08 - Mar 21 with 1985 viewsjack247

“We need to rotate” on 00:48 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

You seem to be under the impression that Naughton (and presumably Guehi) are playing the same role as Bennett? If they were, I’d 100% agree, Cabango is a better centre back than Naughton. They aren’t playing as orthodox centre backs and haven’t been since last season resumed.

We didn’t get pummelled in the air, we dictated that the game wasn’t played in the air. I doubt he’d have got on the end of many of our 11 corners because we put maybe 2 or 3 of them straight into that area. With Cabango on the pitch, I doubt that would have changed much against Moore, Flint, Morrison and their team of giants.

Genuinely think the role Naughton plays is underestimated.

I like Jamal Lowe. Yes, he is bulkier and stronger than Whittaker, but let’s not pretend he would have been a physical challenge for their defence. He uses his pace rather than any physicality. He is good at bringing wing backs into the game when (as normal) we defend deep and counter attack with the wingbacks bombing outside him. There was little opportunity for anyone to do that with them parking the bus and only committing a couple of players to their occasional counter attack.

I wouldn’t suddenly be starting Whittaker every game now, Lowe was electric earlier in the season. I certainly wouldn’t be scared to leave him out without having to mess around with Ayew and Hourihane up front.

Re. Derby, I don’t know their full options, but they’ve got Waghorm and Kasim-Richards. We’ve got no out and out centre forwards. I’d guess Lowe would also find it hard to get into that team, unless played out wide.
“We need to rotate” on 06:15 - Mar 21 with 1987 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 06:08 - Mar 21 by jack247

You seem to be under the impression that Naughton (and presumably Guehi) are playing the same role as Bennett? If they were, I’d 100% agree, Cabango is a better centre back than Naughton. They aren’t playing as orthodox centre backs and haven’t been since last season resumed.

We didn’t get pummelled in the air, we dictated that the game wasn’t played in the air. I doubt he’d have got on the end of many of our 11 corners because we put maybe 2 or 3 of them straight into that area. With Cabango on the pitch, I doubt that would have changed much against Moore, Flint, Morrison and their team of giants.

Genuinely think the role Naughton plays is underestimated.

I like Jamal Lowe. Yes, he is bulkier and stronger than Whittaker, but let’s not pretend he would have been a physical challenge for their defence. He uses his pace rather than any physicality. He is good at bringing wing backs into the game when (as normal) we defend deep and counter attack with the wingbacks bombing outside him. There was little opportunity for anyone to do that with them parking the bus and only committing a couple of players to their occasional counter attack.

I wouldn’t suddenly be starting Whittaker every game now, Lowe was electric earlier in the season. I certainly wouldn’t be scared to leave him out without having to mess around with Ayew and Hourihane up front.

Re. Derby, I don’t know their full options, but they’ve got Waghorm and Kasim-Richards. We’ve got no out and out centre forwards. I’d guess Lowe would also find it hard to get into that team, unless played out wide.

I'm not under that impression. With the ball they split, without it then they are essentially the same position tasked with defending balls into the box - which is where we suffer.

We did get pummeled in the air. Every corner and set piece was dealt by them with ease, we had 11 corners. Cabango is always a threat from them, Naughton isn't. Their goal game from a ball in the box and a failure to clear in the air.

To further that point, Cardiff's 3 CB's yesterday won 86%, 86% and 75% of aerial duels. Guehi who plays a similar role to Naughton as you say won 100%....Naughton won 38%.

Naughtons role is not underestimated at all, its fully understood. But what we gain with the ball we sacrifice without, which is what I said in my OP.

Lowe would definitely have presented a more physical threat that MW. Lowe is not Troy Deeney don't get me wrong, but he's a very strong lad and can often bounce off a defender and link up with a wingback to build the play. MW went to ground at the slightest of contact, not his fault he doesn't have the frame to physically compete with the likes of Morrison.

In term of areal duels for the 3 forwards on the pitch. Moore 47%, Ayew 43% and Whittaker 22%, who was also the most dispossessed player on the pitch.

Neither Naughton nor Whittaker had the physical attributes to do their role effectively yesterday against a physical side, and yes what we may have gained in other departments (MW taking pot shots and KN contributing to starting wide attacks), we definitely lost in the physical scrap.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 6:31]

“We need to rotate” on 06:46 - Mar 21 with 1956 viewsjack247

“We need to rotate” on 06:15 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I'm not under that impression. With the ball they split, without it then they are essentially the same position tasked with defending balls into the box - which is where we suffer.

We did get pummeled in the air. Every corner and set piece was dealt by them with ease, we had 11 corners. Cabango is always a threat from them, Naughton isn't. Their goal game from a ball in the box and a failure to clear in the air.

To further that point, Cardiff's 3 CB's yesterday won 86%, 86% and 75% of aerial duels. Guehi who plays a similar role to Naughton as you say won 100%....Naughton won 38%.

Naughtons role is not underestimated at all, its fully understood. But what we gain with the ball we sacrifice without, which is what I said in my OP.

Lowe would definitely have presented a more physical threat that MW. Lowe is not Troy Deeney don't get me wrong, but he's a very strong lad and can often bounce off a defender and link up with a wingback to build the play. MW went to ground at the slightest of contact, not his fault he doesn't have the frame to physically compete with the likes of Morrison.

In term of areal duels for the 3 forwards on the pitch. Moore 47%, Ayew 43% and Whittaker 22%, who was also the most dispossessed player on the pitch.

Neither Naughton nor Whittaker had the physical attributes to do their role effectively yesterday against a physical side, and yes what we may have gained in other departments (MW taking pot shots and KN contributing to starting wide attacks), we definitely lost in the physical scrap.

[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 6:31]

So Whittaker won half as many aerial battles, percentage wise, against Flint and Morrison , as 6’5 powerhouse Kiefer Moore did against a defence containing Kyle Naughton?

They were always going to pummel us in the air. Therefore, we negated that threat by dictating the game wasn’t played in the air. Rather than a percentage, it would be interesting to see how many headers Moore (or Flint, Morrison etc) actually won in our box.

They had zero corners. They did score a header from a rebound after a save during a scramble. The two times Moore threatened were from Woodmans howler and a late counter attack.

Not disputing Lowe isn’t stronger than Whittaker. I just doubt he’d have worried their defence physically. His pace would have been (and was when he came on) negated by the fact they were defending deep in numbers.
“We need to rotate” on 06:56 - Mar 21 with 1958 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 06:46 - Mar 21 by jack247

So Whittaker won half as many aerial battles, percentage wise, against Flint and Morrison , as 6’5 powerhouse Kiefer Moore did against a defence containing Kyle Naughton?

They were always going to pummel us in the air. Therefore, we negated that threat by dictating the game wasn’t played in the air. Rather than a percentage, it would be interesting to see how many headers Moore (or Flint, Morrison etc) actually won in our box.

They had zero corners. They did score a header from a rebound after a save during a scramble. The two times Moore threatened were from Woodmans howler and a late counter attack.

Not disputing Lowe isn’t stronger than Whittaker. I just doubt he’d have worried their defence physically. His pace would have been (and was when he came on) negated by the fact they were defending deep in numbers.

We don't know who they were against, obviously Flint and Morrison fielded far more areal balls than Whittaker would have.

As for Moore vs Naughton, I don't remember them having many duels together at all. Naughtons duels would have more likely been against Bacuna or Wilson depending which side they were on at the time. Bacuna won 100% of his areal duels.

With regards to Lowe It's not about worrying them with his physicality, more about not losing the ball or being pushed off the ball with the slightest of contact. Just the ability to keep the ball when back to goal and continue the attack when being pressured in the back.

“We need to rotate” on 07:16 - Mar 21 with 1944 viewsjack247

“We need to rotate” on 06:56 - Mar 21 by Dr_Parnassus

We don't know who they were against, obviously Flint and Morrison fielded far more areal balls than Whittaker would have.

As for Moore vs Naughton, I don't remember them having many duels together at all. Naughtons duels would have more likely been against Bacuna or Wilson depending which side they were on at the time. Bacuna won 100% of his areal duels.

With regards to Lowe It's not about worrying them with his physicality, more about not losing the ball or being pushed off the ball with the slightest of contact. Just the ability to keep the ball when back to goal and continue the attack when being pressured in the back.

100% of how many?

We lost because they were throwing themselves into challenges and blocks on the edge of their box and we spurned the few chances we got in the area.

I doubt you remember Moore having many aerial duels with anyone. We had 75% possession and three times as many passes. We weren’t dominated aerially because we kept the ball on the ground and out of our box.

Whittaker was more of a threat yesterday than Lowe has been for a while. Not a criticism of Lowe, he’s knackered. Shame from our point of view he’s been called up by Jamaica. Despite the lack of centre forward, I’m happy with a fresh Ayew, Lowe and Whittaker as our options for the rest of the season.
“We need to rotate” on 07:30 - Mar 21 with 1939 viewsDr_Parnassus

“We need to rotate” on 07:16 - Mar 21 by jack247

100% of how many?

We lost because they were throwing themselves into challenges and blocks on the edge of their box and we spurned the few chances we got in the area.

I doubt you remember Moore having many aerial duels with anyone. We had 75% possession and three times as many passes. We weren’t dominated aerially because we kept the ball on the ground and out of our box.

Whittaker was more of a threat yesterday than Lowe has been for a while. Not a criticism of Lowe, he’s knackered. Shame from our point of view he’s been called up by Jamaica. Despite the lack of centre forward, I’m happy with a fresh Ayew, Lowe and Whittaker as our options for the rest of the season.

No idea.

We lost because we couldn't carve out enough quality chances and take them while giving up sloppy chances to them. 11 corners plus free kicks was 11 chances plus free kicks that Cabango could have caused a threat that was not there.

He may have had more shots than Lowe has had in a while but as I said, what he offered us in that respect we lost in forward and midfield link play. Most of MW's moments came from solo efforts and not team ones. This contributed to us looking quite disjoined.

Not having a go at the lad, he's just not a physical player yet and in my opinion to play up front for us you have to have at least a modicum of physicality.

You are welcome to disagree.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 7:37]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024