Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Sharp assault 09:51 - May 18 with 2155 viewsKeithHaynes

I wonder if this guy is regretting his actions this morning ?
I didn’t realise it was a headbutt.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Billy Sharp assault on 09:53 - May 18 with 2129 viewsonehunglow

Just picked up on this.
Pity Billy didn't deck him but he' d have got into trouble over that with FA.

These pitch invasions are becoming an issue as are these bluddy flares
[Post edited 18 May 2022 9:54]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Billy Sharp assault on 09:54 - May 18 with 2132 viewstheloneranger

A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Billy Sharp assault on 09:56 - May 18 with 2109 viewsonehunglow

Billy Sharp assault on 09:54 - May 18 by theloneranger

A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of assault.

Hope he gets an immediate custodial

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Billy Sharp assault on 10:01 - May 18 with 2102 viewsKeithHaynes

Can’t see anything other than jail for this.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Billy Sharp assault on 10:30 - May 18 with 2059 viewsswan65split

The other night in the Udders gae a fan ran on after the game and slapped a player across the head as he was sitting on the floor.
Billy Sharp assault on 10:39 - May 18 with 2053 viewsBadlands

Forest should be kicked out of the competition.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Billy Sharp assault on 17:10 - May 18 with 1817 viewsABERSWAN

Video of Oli Mcburnie booting a forest fan on the floor on social media. He has more assaults this season (2) than goals (0).
Billy Sharp assault on 17:26 - May 18 with 1796 viewsWingstandwood

The trouble is when someone does something like that in that particular circumstance the judge often likes to make an example of the offender.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Billy Sharp assault on 22:18 - May 18 with 1635 viewshowenjack

Not just a head butt Keith thats a running headbutt flat out . The guy looks around 16 stone its lucky Sharpe wasnt reallly badly injured .It was a nasty premedtated assault .
Billy Sharp assault on 22:21 - May 18 with 1629 viewsNotLoyal

Billy Sharp assault on 22:18 - May 18 by howenjack

Not just a head butt Keith thats a running headbutt flat out . The guy looks around 16 stone its lucky Sharpe wasnt reallly badly injured .It was a nasty premedtated assault .

Stitches is pretty bad as it is.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Billy Sharp assault on 23:32 - May 18 with 1566 viewsKilkennyjack

Billy Sharp assault on 22:18 - May 18 by howenjack

Totally agree.

The bloke who did it is a shitehouse.

Beware of the Risen People

Billy Sharp assault on 00:33 - May 19 with 1527 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sharp seems a class act, could have been a lot worse.

Some great memories running on the pitch as a youngster, this idiot will probably (rightly) put an end to that.

The Hull game is fast slipping out of my memory, only remember parts from the game. But the scenes at the end I’ll never forget.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Billy Sharp assault on 17:37 - May 19 with 1310 viewsWingstandwood

Billy Sharp assault on 17:26 - May 18 by Wingstandwood

The trouble is when someone does something like that in that particular circumstance the judge often likes to make an example of the offender.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10832151/Pitch-invader-30-charged-assau

Argus!

Billy Sharp assault on 18:13 - May 19 with 1278 viewsmajorraglan

Billy Sharp assault on 09:56 - May 18 by onehunglow

Hope he gets an immediate custodial

... and he did !! Court appearance earlier today and 24 weeks at Her Majesty's pleasure, he also got himself a 10 year football banning order. He’s an idiot!
Billy Sharp assault on 09:15 - May 20 with 1184 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/assault-occ

Victim had a cut eye so presumably charged with s47 assault.

It’s likely court will would’ve found the offence was B1.

B is culpability. So a head butt is deemed to be a weapon equivalent but not a highly dangerous one (hammer, acid eg)

Harm is 2. Sharp had stitches but that’s not serious as far as this type of assault is concerned.

Guidelines then say B2, starting point is 36 weeks.

He entered an early plea, so is entitled to a 1/3 discount which takes it down to 24 weeks.

I’d imagine his solicitors will appeal. No idea if he’s got previous but they’ll argue he should get a suspended sentence if they can show there’s a reasonable prospect of his being rehabilitated. Very much doubt it will be successful, judge won’t interfere with it, I’d have given him the same thing, but he’s nothing to lose.

By the time the appeal comes through he will have served around a month or so, which helps if he’s no previous.

Life ban from his club too.

Thoroughly deserved sentence. Has to be a deterrent message sent out
Billy Sharp assault on 09:36 - May 20 with 1172 viewsmax936

Billy Sharp assault on 09:15 - May 20 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/assault-occ

Victim had a cut eye so presumably charged with s47 assault.

It’s likely court will would’ve found the offence was B1.

B is culpability. So a head butt is deemed to be a weapon equivalent but not a highly dangerous one (hammer, acid eg)

Harm is 2. Sharp had stitches but that’s not serious as far as this type of assault is concerned.

Guidelines then say B2, starting point is 36 weeks.

He entered an early plea, so is entitled to a 1/3 discount which takes it down to 24 weeks.

I’d imagine his solicitors will appeal. No idea if he’s got previous but they’ll argue he should get a suspended sentence if they can show there’s a reasonable prospect of his being rehabilitated. Very much doubt it will be successful, judge won’t interfere with it, I’d have given him the same thing, but he’s nothing to lose.

By the time the appeal comes through he will have served around a month or so, which helps if he’s no previous.

Life ban from his club too.

Thoroughly deserved sentence. Has to be a deterrent message sent out

Should be a lot longer in my opinion, he had entered an area that was out of bounds to fans and I thought it was an offence in law to go on to the field, but I can forgive that as there were thousands more, but to than an go and attack a player, dear me.

Could understand the sentence if the attack happened out on the street, but surely not on a professional football field and an attack on an opposition player doing his job.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 10:38]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Billy Sharp assault on 10:26 - May 20 with 1148 viewsSirjohnalot

Billy Sharp assault on 09:36 - May 20 by max936

Should be a lot longer in my opinion, he had entered an area that was out of bounds to fans and I thought it was an offence in law to go on to the field, but I can forgive that as there were thousands more, but to than an go and attack a player, dear me.

Could understand the sentence if the attack happened out on the street, but surely not on a professional football field and an attack on an opposition player doing his job.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 10:38]

Morally I don't disagree but the court has to follow the guidelines

Looks like in this case any aggravating and mitigating features, (no previous, eg, attacking someone in place of work, young family, lose his income, and possibly house, not prolonged assault) will have balanced each other out, which is why the starting point was not changed.
Billy Sharp assault on 10:53 - May 20 with 1116 viewsLorax

Billy Sharp assault on 18:13 - May 19 by majorraglan

... and he did !! Court appearance earlier today and 24 weeks at Her Majesty's pleasure, he also got himself a 10 year football banning order. He’s an idiot!

Idiot is being generous. He's over30 , I'd honestly expected it to be some drunk 19 year old, not someone his age.

I don't think the sentence is good enough either. 24 weeks, it should be double that.

I read jonalots post and honestly, we are too soft on these....people! At 24 weeks maybe we should be tacking 12 months community service on the end too?

In a previous life though, I was Judge Jefferies!
Billy Sharp assault on 10:58 - May 20 with 1113 viewsmax936

Billy Sharp assault on 10:53 - May 20 by Lorax

Idiot is being generous. He's over30 , I'd honestly expected it to be some drunk 19 year old, not someone his age.

I don't think the sentence is good enough either. 24 weeks, it should be double that.

I read jonalots post and honestly, we are too soft on these....people! At 24 weeks maybe we should be tacking 12 months community service on the end too?

In a previous life though, I was Judge Jefferies!

Imagine if he had attacked him with a knife or other weapon, there's enough loose screws out there who would and no doubt do carry weapons.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024