Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zimmer Biomet 13:43 - Jun 29 with 4402 viewsraynor94

Over 500 jobs going in Bridgend.

Another hammer blow for the local community.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Zimmer Biomet on 13:49 - Jun 29 with 2314 viewsmajorraglan

Terrible news, wonder what’s behind the decision to close?

Would that be the place Pencoed Jack works at, pretty sure he’s mentioned being in that line of work. Hope he’s not affected by the closure.
Zimmer Biomet on 21:28 - Jun 29 with 2244 viewsBoundy

Zimmer Biomet on 13:49 - Jun 29 by majorraglan

Terrible news, wonder what’s behind the decision to close?

Would that be the place Pencoed Jack works at, pretty sure he’s mentioned being in that line of work. Hope he’s not affected by the closure.

I'd hazard a good guess, the grant money has run out

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Zimmer Biomet on 22:38 - Jun 29 with 2210 viewsLuther27

They have a fairly new plant in Ireland….which of course has different tax laws which the Americans love. Bridgend has been firefighting for the last few years against a world wide industry which supplies cheaper products.
It’s a massive blow not only to Bridgend/Neath and Cardiff areas but also to contractors across the country who supply Zimmer with required ingredients and technology. We will lose a highly skilled highly educated workforce to be replaced by what? Even our effing call centres are moving offshore.
Zimmer Biomet on 23:08 - Jun 29 with 2195 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

On a slightly different note drove to Bristol Parkway this morning, the amount of traffic heading east out of Cardiff and Newport at 7 in the morning was incredible, nose to tail at around 50mph all the way to the M5/M4 intersection.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Zimmer Biomet on 20:28 - Jul 2 with 2037 viewspencoedjack

Zimmer Biomet on 22:38 - Jun 29 by Luther27

They have a fairly new plant in Ireland….which of course has different tax laws which the Americans love. Bridgend has been firefighting for the last few years against a world wide industry which supplies cheaper products.
It’s a massive blow not only to Bridgend/Neath and Cardiff areas but also to contractors across the country who supply Zimmer with required ingredients and technology. We will lose a highly skilled highly educated workforce to be replaced by what? Even our effing call centres are moving offshore.

It doesn’t help that goods made in Bridgend are shipped to a European hub in the Netherlands, with the infrastructure in & out of Wales so poor it’s hardly surprising.

What is surprising is that the Welsh government have no idea why industry is not only not coming to Wales but moving out.

My job is safe as I don’t work in Manufacturing.

Over 2500 well paid jobs lost in Bridgend in the last couple of years with the closure of Fords

Devastating.
Zimmer Biomet on 23:24 - Jul 2 with 1980 viewsKilkennyjack

Zimmer Biomet on 20:28 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

It doesn’t help that goods made in Bridgend are shipped to a European hub in the Netherlands, with the infrastructure in & out of Wales so poor it’s hardly surprising.

What is surprising is that the Welsh government have no idea why industry is not only not coming to Wales but moving out.

Over 2500 well paid jobs lost in Bridgend in the last couple of years with the closure of Fords

Devastating.

Thats your idiotic liar Johnson Brexit for you.
It put us outside the EU market.

Johnson is now a journalist again apparently.
Just bought a house for £3.8m cash.
Life is good - for him.

I hope he gets jail time.

Beware of the Risen People

Zimmer Biomet on 23:32 - Jul 2 with 1978 viewsReslovenSwan1

Zimmer Biomet on 23:24 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Life is good - for him.

Brexiteers with no where to go on their disastrous project are trying with all their resources to blame Drakeford. Nothing else left for them.

Ford - Gone to Slovakia
Ineos - Gone to France
Biomet Gone.

Nothing replacing them. Bridgend voted for Brexit. New companies recognise Bridgend is a bad place for business. I used to be concerned about welsh jobs. Not anymore.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Zimmer Biomet on 09:32 - Jul 3 with 1899 viewscontroversial_jack

I wonder how many of these voted for Brexit
Login to get fewer ads

Zimmer Biomet on 10:30 - Jul 3 with 1898 viewsLuther27

Zimmer Biomet on 23:24 - Jul 2 by Kilkennyjack

Life is good - for him.

Brexit had very little effect with Biomet as they did what all UK companies should have done in getting the right protocols and paperwork in place.
At the end of the day it’s an older factory that’s not been modernised to the standards of their plants in Ireland, Europe and the USA.
Zimmer Biomet on 10:32 - Jul 3 with 1897 viewsLuther27

Zimmer Biomet on 20:28 - Jul 2 by pencoedjack

Devastating.

I agree. Good luck mate….but keep on your toes.
Zimmer Biomet on 18:56 - Jul 3 with 1836 viewspencoedjack

Zimmer Biomet on 10:30 - Jul 3 by Luther27

Brexit had very little effect with Biomet as they did what all UK companies should have done in getting the right protocols and paperwork in place.
At the end of the day it’s an older factory that’s not been modernised to the standards of their plants in Ireland, Europe and the USA.

Brexit has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

There is no issue with border crossings, as you correctly say all paperwork is in place for goods outbound/inbound to/from Europe.

Only thicko’s like Kilkenny have no idea what the Welsh government is doing to Wales, keep downtrodden people like him on board & they will always get elected
Zimmer Biomet on 19:00 - Jul 3 with 1828 viewsWhiterockin

Zimmer Biomet on 18:56 - Jul 3 by pencoedjack

There is no issue with border crossings, as you correctly say all paperwork is in place for goods outbound/inbound to/from Europe.

Only thicko’s like Kilkenny have no idea what the Welsh government is doing to Wales, keep downtrodden people like him on board & they will always get elected

The last paragraph is spot on. Good luck for the future mate.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Zimmer Biomet on 19:04 - Jul 3 with 1814 viewsWhiterockin

Zimmer Biomet on 23:08 - Jun 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

On a slightly different note drove to Bristol Parkway this morning, the amount of traffic heading east out of Cardiff and Newport at 7 in the morning was incredible, nose to tail at around 50mph all the way to the M5/M4 intersection.

Since the removal of tolls you would be amazed how many have moved from the Bristol area for cheaper housing and travel back for the better paid jobs.

Zimmer Biomet on 20:39 - Jul 3 with 1778 viewsKilkennyjack

Stop believing Johnson’s lies.
He has fooled you, just admit it.

Repeat after me ….. Brexit is a shite idea for a trading nation.
And worst if all …. johnson always knew it.

Hows the small boats thing going ?

Zimmer Biomet on 20:45 - Jul 3 with 1765 viewspencoedjack

Zimmer Biomet on 20:39 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

Look thicko I have told you enough times I have no reason to reply to your posts you are nothing more than an idiot.

The thread is about Zimmer Biomet.

Brexit, Boris Johnson or the tories have nothing to do with it closing & 500 odd people losing their jobs.
Zimmer Biomet on 20:49 - Jul 3 with 1757 viewsraynor94

Couldn't agree more with your last paragraph.

Zimmer Biomet on 20:51 - Jul 3 with 1755 viewsWhiterockin

On a thread relating to so many Welsh people becoming unemployed you should show some compassion and not derail the thread with your usual drivel.

Zimmer Biomet on 21:21 - Jul 3 with 1725 viewsraynor94

A bit rich you commenting on employment

Zimmer Biomet on 21:42 - Jul 3 with 1702 viewsbuilthjack

Cameron. Brexit. Johnson.
A really poor combination.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Zimmer Biomet on 22:57 - Jul 3 with 1661 viewsKilkennyjack

Zimmer Biomet on 20:51 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

On a thread relating to so many Welsh people becoming unemployed you should show some compassion and not derail the thread with your usual drivel.

We should hold these posh Tory b@stards to account for their lies.

You stay on your knees if you like.
You will always be a head in the sand victim.

Zimmer Biomet on 07:14 - Jul 4 with 1634 viewsWhiterockin

Zimmer Biomet on 22:57 - Jul 3 by Kilkennyjack

We should hold these posh Tory b@stards to account for their lies.

You stay on your knees if you like.
You will always be a head in the sand victim.

It would be nice if you could post your own thoughts and opinions then discuss sensibly instead of only posting sound bites and quotes of others. Unless of course you are not intelligent to have a mind of your own.

Zimmer Biomet on 07:43 - Jul 4 with 1613 viewsonehunglow

I feel Brexit was a potential disaster.
As of now,I’m not seeing much justification for doing so.
I do blame Conservative malevolence in having a referendum mainly as they never thought the Public would vote to leave .
Having done so, both Cameron and Johnno have now slunked away .
The only country to have begged to join several times then decided to leave . To me,that shows misguided arrogance
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 7:45]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Zimmer Biomet on 08:03 - Jul 4 with 1595 viewsBoundy

Zimmer Biomet on 07:43 - Jul 4 by onehunglow

I feel Brexit was a potential disaster.
As of now,I’m not seeing much justification for doing so.
I do blame Conservative malevolence in having a referendum mainly as they never thought the Public would vote to leave .
Having done so, both Cameron and Johnno have now slunked away .
The only country to have begged to join several times then decided to leave . To me,that shows misguided arrogance
[Post edited 4 Jul 2023 7:45]

We "begged "as you put it to join a trading partnership not a mini dictatorship.

Zimmer Biomet on 08:41 - Jul 4 with 1586 viewsonehunglow

Zimmer Biomet on 08:03 - Jul 4 by Boundy

We "begged "as you put it to join a trading partnership not a mini dictatorship.

When De Gaulle was blocking our application,it could be argued that there already was a mini dictatorship

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Zimmer Biomet on 09:12 - Jul 4 with 1580 viewsBoundy

Zimmer Biomet on 08:41 - Jul 4 by onehunglow

When De Gaulle was blocking our application,it could be argued that there already was a mini dictatorship

Indeed it could but my memory of it remains that no legislation nor political aspirations by Brussels was discussed, obviously hindsight may indicate that I and good old Teddy Heath were wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024