Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the three week break too long ? 17:55 - Oct 1 with 1031 viewsKeithHaynes

For me it’s been an issue as there is another two week stoppage in November. That’s five weeks without club football in something like twelve. It will affect some clubs, hopefully not the Swans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:09 - Oct 1 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Think I’ve commented about this subject but hit away with it
It is of course a pain in the arse
It disrupts and players can put themselves out of contention with o jury
Any international should be played at end of domestic season

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

1
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:50 - Oct 1 with 813 viewsKeithHaynes

Is the three week break too long ? on 18:09 - Oct 1 by onehunglow

Think I’ve commented about this subject but hit away with it
It is of course a pain in the arse
It disrupts and players can put themselves out of contention with o jury
Any international should be played at end of domestic season


If Matos carries on with his record since he came to the club we will certainly be in there for a top play off spot.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

1
Is the three week break too long ? on 20:15 - Oct 1 with 762 viewsDr_Winston

It shouldn't be too difficult to play 8 qualifying games in four one week breaks throughout two seasons. Two games in a week, say on a Wednesday and a Saturday. Then back to your club for the following weekend game.

That's it. No other International games need be played other than the tournaments themselves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

2
Is the three week break too long ? on 20:17 - Oct 1 with 776 viewsraynor94

I said on the other thread to long in my opinion and to early in the season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

2
Is the three week break too long ? on 09:35 - Oct 2 with 643 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 18:50 - Oct 1 by KeithHaynes

If Matos carries on with his record since he came to the club we will certainly be in there for a top play off spot.


Keith
This could be our time
Sticky this
It’s overdue
We can do this
We deserve to be back to the PL
We are a thoroughly decent club

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 10:21 - Oct 2 with 629 viewsGixerJack

In football terms yes, but we were flying leading up to the break so it probably didn’t suit us.
On the other hand I managed to grab a week in Greece without missing a game 🤷‍♂️
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 13:12 - Oct 2 with 552 viewspencoedjack

I no longer have much interest in international football so for me personally yes.
2
Is the three week break too long ? on 13:45 - Oct 2 with 515 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 10:21 - Oct 2 by GixerJack

In football terms yes, but we were flying leading up to the break so it probably didn’t suit us.
On the other hand I managed to grab a week in Greece without missing a game 🤷‍♂️


It really is the best time to go on holiday, kids back in school, cheap holidays, no Swans games what's not to like.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Is the three week break too long ? on 14:25 - Oct 2 with 479 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 13:12 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

I no longer have much interest in international football so for me personally yes.


Honest
Let’s bit candid shall we
Wales matches are forgotten immediately after the game when thoughts turn to what is more important and club more important than country
IMO
Why? Because one’s football club is part of you , the first game your dad took you to The one that represents your home town

Nothing but nothing supersedes that even singing Calon LAN ( off key) in a foreign country

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:00 - Oct 2 with 472 viewsjack247

Personally, I’d prefer a slightly shorter, uninterrupted season with all the international games at the end of it. Same amount of games, same amount of time.

Unlike many on here though, I do enjoy watching Wales. Six games within three weeks if you support club and country.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:46 - Oct 2 with 439 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:00 - Oct 2 by jack247

Personally, I’d prefer a slightly shorter, uninterrupted season with all the international games at the end of it. Same amount of games, same amount of time.

Unlike many on here though, I do enjoy watching Wales. Six games within three weeks if you support club and country.


End of the domestic season is fine
Because some prioritise their club , it doesn’t mean that they
1- Do not like Wales
2- Hate watching Wales
3- doesn’t want club players playing for Wales

Let’s nail this


Swans first

Wales , the land of our birth always has a place on our soul

Wales have an important game this Sunday
However I’d suggest Norwich Millwall and West Ham are bigger

And finally we should be able to post without snide remarks trying to elude the T @ Cof this site

Unlike done I post as I truly feel in my heart and not for uparrows or forum acolytes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 15:53 - Oct 2 with 430 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:46 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

End of the domestic season is fine
Because some prioritise their club , it doesn’t mean that they
1- Do not like Wales
2- Hate watching Wales
3- doesn’t want club players playing for Wales

Let’s nail this


Swans first

Wales , the land of our birth always has a place on our soul

Wales have an important game this Sunday
However I’d suggest Norwich Millwall and West Ham are bigger

And finally we should be able to post without snide remarks trying to elude the T @ Cof this site

Unlike done I post as I truly feel in my heart and not for uparrows or forum acolytes


Tedious.
1
Is the three week break too long ? on 17:02 - Oct 2 with 406 viewsjack247

Is the three week break too long ? on 15:46 - Oct 2 by onehunglow

End of the domestic season is fine
Because some prioritise their club , it doesn’t mean that they
1- Do not like Wales
2- Hate watching Wales
3- doesn’t want club players playing for Wales

Let’s nail this


Swans first

Wales , the land of our birth always has a place on our soul

Wales have an important game this Sunday
However I’d suggest Norwich Millwall and West Ham are bigger

And finally we should be able to post without snide remarks trying to elude the T @ Cof this site

Unlike done I post as I truly feel in my heart and not for uparrows or forum acolytes


I prefer the club games too.

That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the internationals, even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get pissy about them every time they came round. Nobody is going to stop international football and incessant whining about it detracts from this board. Most people who aren’t bothered by it just keep their heads down until the season restarts.

Fact remains, we’ve had a hell of a lot of football to watch the last few weeks.
1
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:13 - Oct 2 with 372 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 17:02 - Oct 2 by jack247

I prefer the club games too.

That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the internationals, even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get pissy about them every time they came round. Nobody is going to stop international football and incessant whining about it detracts from this board. Most people who aren’t bothered by it just keep their heads down until the season restarts.

Fact remains, we’ve had a hell of a lot of football to watch the last few weeks.


A short spell without the Swans also makes it more exciting when the league returns. The next four matches two home and two away virtually sold out for Swansea supporters is testimony to this.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:26 - Oct 2 with 361 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 17:02 - Oct 2 by jack247

I prefer the club games too.

That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the internationals, even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get pissy about them every time they came round. Nobody is going to stop international football and incessant whining about it detracts from this board. Most people who aren’t bothered by it just keep their heads down until the season restarts.

Fact remains, we’ve had a hell of a lot of football to watch the last few weeks.


I’m neither pissy nor whining
I say how I feel
If you take it that way then that’s your issue
I stand by every word


Finally, there is too much football, cricket and rugby

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:42 - Oct 2 with 353 viewsFireboy2

Is the three week break too long ? on 17:02 - Oct 2 by jack247

I prefer the club games too.

That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the internationals, even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t get pissy about them every time they came round. Nobody is going to stop international football and incessant whining about it detracts from this board. Most people who aren’t bothered by it just keep their heads down until the season restarts.

Fact remains, we’ve had a hell of a lot of football to watch the last few weeks.


A great attitude, i enjoy both our games and our international games.

Yes some people need to wind their necks in and let people like me enjoy what what we want to do.

Even though some, well one doesnt want to chat to anyone from other parts of Wales, its upto them/him, some of us like to enjoy themselves by having a few beers and a good chinwag with people from all over Europe, we are a friendly bunch whilst some/one are miserable tvvat/s.
2
Is the three week break too long ? on 18:55 - Oct 2 with 351 viewsjack247

Is the three week break too long ? on 18:13 - Oct 2 by Whiterockin

A short spell without the Swans also makes it more exciting when the league returns. The next four matches two home and two away virtually sold out for Swansea supporters is testimony to this.


I get the frustration at two weekends without the Swans when we’ve got so much momentum, but on the other hand, we had five starters (if you include Lissah) and four on the bench who are new to the club at Lincoln. Despite how we’ve been playing, we’re a new team.

A bit of time with the players not on international duty may really help Matos out.

Plus it co-inciding with the Asian games means we only actually lost Eom for two games and we won them both anyway.

I’m looking forward to Swans v Norwich more, but I’m still really looking forward to Wales on Sunday.
1
Is the three week break too long ? on 19:03 - Oct 2 with 344 viewsbuilthjack

It’s working well. Ideal.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 08:34 - Oct 3 with 239 viewsdna

Just noticed

Chile (v Mexico)) & Canada (v USA) are Weds, could impact us for the Norwich game
[Post edited 3 Oct 8:35]
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 09:16 - Oct 3 with 203 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 08:34 - Oct 3 by dna

Just noticed

Chile (v Mexico)) & Canada (v USA) are Weds, could impact us for the Norwich game
[Post edited 3 Oct 8:35]


Tuesday evening local time, early hours Wednesday our time. Good nights sleep and overnight flight back Wednesday Night (first class sleeping) arriving London Thursday morning. They should be fine. Hopefully.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 09:23 - Oct 3 with 191 viewsFireboy2

Is the three week break too long ? on 08:34 - Oct 3 by dna

Just noticed

Chile (v Mexico)) & Canada (v USA) are Weds, could impact us for the Norwich game
[Post edited 3 Oct 8:35]


They are professional footballers, its their job.

As lomg as they dont get injured they will be fine.

We are lucky as we have a decent squad atm, they will be rotated.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 10:23 - Oct 3 with 159 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 08:34 - Oct 3 by dna

Just noticed

Chile (v Mexico)) & Canada (v USA) are Weds, could impact us for the Norwich game
[Post edited 3 Oct 8:35]


Do our outstanding goalkeeper and Estaq involved just days for our big game against Norwich
Rffobg madness
Good luck to both
Imaging losing Vig at this stage and all for what

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
Is the three week break too long ? on 10:26 - Oct 3 with 151 viewsWhiterockin

Is the three week break too long ? on 10:23 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Do our outstanding goalkeeper and Estaq involved just days for our big game against Norwich
Rffobg madness
Good luck to both
Imaging losing Vig at this stage and all for what


Give it a rest it really is tedious, you are doing yourself no favours.
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 12:03 - Oct 3 with 106 viewsmax936

I woke up this morning thinking that Swans were playing today

We were supposed to have respite today, but the nurse has gone down with the two bob bits
0
Is the three week break too long ? on 13:04 - Oct 3 with 83 viewsonehunglow

Is the three week break too long ? on 12:03 - Oct 3 by max936

I woke up this morning thinking that Swans were playing today

We were supposed to have respite today, but the nurse has gone down with the two bob bits


I dreamt about Blackburn Rovers
Really

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026