Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat roofed pubs.. 13:43 - Apr 29 with 125247 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned by Konk in the Morhinio thread. Flat roofed pubs are normally shiteholes which are suited to and are normally frequented by a good few Scum supporters. Here's my offering as one of the roughest ,worst boozers I've ever been in .
The Beaver in Beaver's Estate Hounslow .Now that was a REAL shithole!!
Looks like its closed down.Thank F@ck...

Add your own wonderful flat roofed watering holes...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:59 - Jan 25 with 3675 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:11 - Jan 25 by 89_50

I used to live near there a fair while ago. Popped in maybe a handful of times. The first time was midweek in the middle of winter. I went in and the barmaid and two blokes at the bar stopped their conversation and just looked at me. I ordered a Guinness, much to the annoyance of the barmaid. After being served, I sat the other end of the room and it took a couple of minutes before they continued talking to each other.

Barring that, it was quite good little spot.

Double shit post. ( by me, by the way).

[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 21:02]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 22:04 - Jan 29 with 3297 viewsdmm

I came across this beauty in Glasgow and thought of this thread. That it has a pub of the year 2018 award somehow adds to its charm.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:23 - Jul 12 with 2847 viewshantssi

Not sure if this will work, but this beauty deserves a thread of its own!
Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:57 - Jul 12 with 2769 viewsloftboy

This is about 200 yards from my house, fortunately there are two better pubs nearer, never been in there and having seen the clientele outside I have no inclination to!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:39 - Jul 12 with 2685 viewsRs_Holy

I've hunted high and low to find this one... I can find no photo's on the interweb but there's a couple of vids on YouTube... Part of the Feltham Centre redevelopment in the late 60's was a really weird pub built with a sticky outy bit on Stilts.
I think it was called the Cricketers (cant be 100% sure tho). The whole centre redevelopment was typical 1960's bleak, faceless, grim architecture. To get to the bit on stilts you had climb a set of steps in the main building. That sticky outy bit part was glass all round and I'm pretty sure you couldn't open any windows, so in the summer was just like a huge smoky green house.... dis-coloured net curtains were the only protection from the beating sun. Feltham ain't great today but its way better than it was when I were a lad. The pub is now a Spoons and the bit on stilts is no more.

Can be seen here 3:24ish and 3:38ish in.

& 1:18 into this vid...

[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 11:53]
Flat roofed pubs.. on 22:52 - Jul 12 with 2407 viewsSK_hoops

If Chelsea was a pub. Imagine walking in here with a QPR shirt...

https://whatpub.com/pubs/CRO/11426/man-on-the-moon-croydon
Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:31 - Jul 13 with 2066 viewsrobith

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:47 - Sep 9 by Mick_S

And really bad shops:

First time in this thread and what a delight. I lived opposite Sellfridges for 5 years and it raised a smile every day as I left for the bus
Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:47 - Jul 13 with 2017 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:31 - Jul 13 by robith

First time in this thread and what a delight. I lived opposite Sellfridges for 5 years and it raised a smile every day as I left for the bus

It’s just superb, isn’t it.

Login to get fewer ads

Flat roofed pubs.. on 08:07 - Jul 14 with 1731 viewsKonk

Bit of a deviation, but this may well be the only former flat-roof pub in the whole of Bristol, that’s been converted into a Greek taverna. When the light’s right, and kids are racing past of stolen motorbikes, you could almost be on Santorini.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 8:09]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Flat roofed pubs.. on 08:51 - Jul 14 with 1674 viewsSAPilgrim

It’s got a flat roof, just several stories above it. Also the subject of this delightful article:

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/23563801.richmal-crompton-bromley-wetherspoon
Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:55 - Jul 14 with 1592 viewsDannyPaddox

From last April’s edition of The Flat Roof Pub Gazette.

FOR SALE

East London. Double-roofed flatty. Council Estate adjoining (not included in purchase). Comes with working fruit-machines, original Big-D Nuts bag-hangers, and option to convert dog-terrace to helicopter landing pad.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:37 - Jul 14 with 1507 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 08:07 - Jul 14 by Konk

Bit of a deviation, but this may well be the only former flat-roof pub in the whole of Bristol, that’s been converted into a Greek taverna. When the light’s right, and kids are racing past of stolen motorbikes, you could almost be on Santorini.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 8:09]

Feck me, Konky-baby, they’ve even painted the flats blue and white Greek styleeee.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:46 - Jul 14 with 1460 viewsMick_S

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRREEZjdL6i6CwJxgvbg4kyBR5w

I delivered on this estate in West Drayton, there’s a bit of paper on the door saying “members only” so you know what that means. I had a second peep just to check the roof was still flat and lo and behold...

Eyes right.

My new local.

It’s worth the link - if anyone (alright dan?) can do the thing, you are my new best mate.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 11:49]

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:22 - Jul 14 with 1438 viewsKonk

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:37 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

Feck me, Konky-baby, they’ve even painted the flats blue and white Greek styleeee.

It’s the little details, mate. To me, if I’m posting a review on Tripadvisor, that’s a guaranteed maximum mark. Well spotted - not everyone would have noticed.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:43 - Jul 14 with 1405 viewsDannyPaddox

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:46 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRREEZjdL6i6CwJxgvbg4kyBR5w

I delivered on this estate in West Drayton, there’s a bit of paper on the door saying “members only” so you know what that means. I had a second peep just to check the roof was still flat and lo and behold...

Eyes right.

My new local.

It’s worth the link - if anyone (alright dan?) can do the thing, you are my new best mate.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 11:49]

I like this pub. Need one of the exterior Mick.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:01 - Jul 14 with 1365 viewsMick_S

Winner. Anyone fancy a pint? Three stops to Ealing Broadway on The Liz Line. Turn up in the hoops and you’ll just about get away with your life.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:03 - Jul 14 with 1360 viewsLoftusR

Flat roofed pubs.. on 11:39 - Jul 12 by Rs_Holy

I've hunted high and low to find this one... I can find no photo's on the interweb but there's a couple of vids on YouTube... Part of the Feltham Centre redevelopment in the late 60's was a really weird pub built with a sticky outy bit on Stilts.
I think it was called the Cricketers (cant be 100% sure tho). The whole centre redevelopment was typical 1960's bleak, faceless, grim architecture. To get to the bit on stilts you had climb a set of steps in the main building. That sticky outy bit part was glass all round and I'm pretty sure you couldn't open any windows, so in the summer was just like a huge smoky green house.... dis-coloured net curtains were the only protection from the beating sun. Feltham ain't great today but its way better than it was when I were a lad. The pub is now a Spoons and the bit on stilts is no more.

Can be seen here 3:24ish and 3:38ish in.

& 1:18 into this vid...

[Post edited 12 Jul 2023 11:53]

I had my 21st birthday party in the upstairs room in the Cricketers. What an outstanding venue it was.😜😜
Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:07 - Jul 14 with 1347 viewsBostonR

Flat roofed pubs.. on 22:36 - Apr 29 by londonscottish

I was going to nominate the Pig and Whistle until I goggled it earlier to find it seems to have been turned into some sort of gastro thing. Struggling to believe that tbh. It was my local for several years when I first moved to London and I never went in as I knew I'd get stabbed.

A few years later I moved to Kensal Rise and stumbled across the Bucaneer which perfectly fitted Konk's definition.

The Pig & Whistle in Latimer Road should have been built in Jaurez, Mexico. On a good night the odd stabbing but generally during the 70’s people came just for the insane levels of violence, all while the DJ kept the disco going!
Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:50 - Jul 14 with 1252 viewsTheChef

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:01 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

Winner. Anyone fancy a pint? Three stops to Ealing Broadway on The Liz Line. Turn up in the hoops and you’ll just about get away with your life.

Can't believe I worked round the corner from there for like sixteen years, and never came across it.

I mean West Drayton / Yiewsley already does have a number of classy establishments...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:54 - Jul 14 with 1238 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:50 - Jul 14 by TheChef

Can't believe I worked round the corner from there for like sixteen years, and never came across it.

I mean West Drayton / Yiewsley already does have a number of classy establishments...

Same here, never heard of the place, but we clearly should have. As I said further up, the notice on the door said members only. To stop the likes of us getting killed to death.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 13:54]

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:03 - Jul 14 with 1218 viewsMrSheen

Flat roofed pubs.. on 12:22 - Jul 14 by Konk

It’s the little details, mate. To me, if I’m posting a review on Tripadvisor, that’s a guaranteed maximum mark. Well spotted - not everyone would have noticed.

Grow their own vine leaves in the hanging baskets too. Localism in action.
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:07 - Jul 14 with 1206 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:03 - Jul 14 by MrSheen

Grow their own vine leaves in the hanging baskets too. Localism in action.

It can’t be that Greek as they appear to have finished the flat roof rather than leaving the sticky up metal rods and all poking skywards. I think konk is lying again.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:39 - Jul 14 with 1155 viewsCateLeBonR

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:07 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

It can’t be that Greek as they appear to have finished the flat roof rather than leaving the sticky up metal rods and all poking skywards. I think konk is lying again.

I remember seeing a lot of buildings like that in Morocco. Apparently they build the downstairs first before they can afford to build the upstairs!

Anyway I’ve walked past this one in the back streets of Paddington quite a few times but never been in yet.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 14:40]
Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:55 - Jul 14 with 1097 viewsCamberleyR

Not too far from me (well about seven miles actually) Yeovil's finest

Looks even grimmer from the rear

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:02 - Jul 14 with 1077 viewsSK_hoops

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:39 - Jul 14 by CateLeBonR

I remember seeing a lot of buildings like that in Morocco. Apparently they build the downstairs first before they can afford to build the upstairs!

Anyway I’ve walked past this one in the back streets of Paddington quite a few times but never been in yet.

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 14:40]

Actually a very nice pub, as is the heron down the road, which looks pretty much the same.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024