Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. 20:51 - Sep 11 with 7576 viewsthehat

I will never forget it - I've hated them ever since which is why I am enjoying the demise of this club.

Be great to hammer another nail in their coffin and shut up all the plastic fans in Surrey.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:10 - Sep 12 with 1555 viewsSydneyRs

I was away backpacking in this part of the world at the time and quite glad that was the case. My brother was there and told me of the fury at the end and outside afterwards. Third minute of injury time? Really?

This and the 2-3 v Spurs etc hurt just as much 12,000 miles away. I often discovered the results with drunken 3am public phone calls to a phone based results service at the time. No smartphone to respond to goals seconds after they were scored in those days. Of course, if I was an good at pulling women, I wouldn't have had to worry about it.

Despite this I'm with the other person who said that Utd stopped Chelsea from buying more trophies than they have so cannot hate them that much. The fact the scum finished 6th and fluked a champs league place with the jammiest win ever is far more annoying than Cantona's goal. They would be finished as a top 4 side if it wasn't for that. I cannot believe that only Man City and PSG are being mentioned in recent FFP articles about teams who have bought their way to success. What about Chelsea ffs? The worst example of all!
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:11 - Sep 12 with 1555 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never seen that Wilkins interview before. Or maybe I blanked it out to mask the pain. But Wilkins was then, and is now, would be incapable of sticking up for Rangers if it meant upsetting the Boys Club. He's an complete and utter slíbhín. The word slíbhín doesn't have an equivalent in English. It's a cross between a self-serving, knowing bastid and a servile, unctuous, greasy, prideless sycophant. Multiplied by x.

So, Ray Wilkins, basically.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:11 - Sep 12 with 1555 viewsthemodfather

what always bothered me, was the time added for our goalie wasting time...surely the ref, even back then when "fergie time" was new, should have just warned, booked and if necessary shown a red card for the time wasting, rather than just add endless mins on!!??

now fergies gone, refs don't panic and it's almost a level playing field! and no red howard webb either....
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:34 - Sep 12 with 1523 viewswhittocksRs

If you're going to add time on for a goalkeeper taking too long, you talk to or book him rather than just adding minute after minute. That was a stitch-up as blatant as I've ever seen from a professional referee.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 16:24 - Sep 12 with 1479 viewsTacticalR

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:11 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Never seen that Wilkins interview before. Or maybe I blanked it out to mask the pain. But Wilkins was then, and is now, would be incapable of sticking up for Rangers if it meant upsetting the Boys Club. He's an complete and utter slíbhín. The word slíbhín doesn't have an equivalent in English. It's a cross between a self-serving, knowing bastid and a servile, unctuous, greasy, prideless sycophant. Multiplied by x.

So, Ray Wilkins, basically.

Wilkins saw himself as 'an ambassador for football'. What was needed was a street fighter for our club.

Air hostess clique

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:00 - Sep 12 with 1438 viewsBasingstokeR

That commentary on the video "into the 3rd minute of injury time"
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:04 - Sep 12 with 1434 viewsdaveB

I think that's still the most sick I've felt at a goal going in, I just stood in shock for about ten minutes, absolutely gutted
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:12 - Sep 12 with 1422 viewsSuperhoop83

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:04 - Sep 12 by daveB

I think that's still the most sick I've felt at a goal going in, I just stood in shock for about ten minutes, absolutely gutted

I remember the horror of that like it was yesterday and my mate, who is a right coward, nearly got into a fight with a group of United fans on SA Road.

Watching that goal gives you some idea how Derby fans felt in May - both goals had the same effect.

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:47 - Sep 12 with 1395 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

I only went to that game because my dad's mate was ill, and was supposed to take the then Speaker of the Yugoslav National Assembly and acting president of Serbia, Dragan Tomic, to the match as he was a business partner of his. His entourage that day included another business partner (the head of NIS I believe, the biggest petroleum company in Serbia at the time), his interpreter and his body guard who was a Bosnian Serb built like a brick sh*thouse. His fcking neck was thicker than my thigh. I was sandwiched between said bodyguard and Mr Tomic in Ellerslie Road close to the School End and it was pretty much all Manure around us, and when Danny Dichio scored me being the 15 year old exuberant Rs fan that I was jumped up and cheered along with a handful of other Rs around me. To this day I'm convinced the only reason there wasn't any aggro was because of that bodyguard, not one Manure fan said a word around us. It was beautiful, you could have heard a pin drop. Mr Tomic was delighted when Cantona equalised as being from a country 1600 miles away he was, of course, an avid Manure fan. Cnt.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 17:49]
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:48 - Sep 12 with 1393 views18StoneOfHoop

Can't remember disagreeing more with Clive or Brian.

Clive writes that he wanted Wilkins to rant and rave after the Man U horror game. I don't think any manager - or any professional of any stripe even - should be false to their nature. Wilkins has been calm and quietly spoken since he was a teen - that's who he is. To act in the way Clive advocates would terminally compromise him in the sight of his players - an ultimately more important audience than the fans. A false cup-throwing show would have been noted and disapproved of in the dressing-room & make him a pathetic liar to himself.

'Bellend' ??? Foo koff and behave yourself. John Terry is a 'bellend'. Ray Wilkins certainly made some poor decisions when manager - but he is not so deserving of our lasting enmity order such as a Mullery or a Hughes. His wasting of the Les money on Hateley,Zelic,Goodridge,Charles was not good but seen in the round,overall he has done more good than harm at Loftus Road and deserves a better legacy & more respect than to be called a 'bell-end'.
5 and 1/2 years as a superb player for us, pivotal in our success at the time -especially 92/93 - weighs far more heavily than his one disasterous season as manager.
I've never met him unlike the several LFW punters who have found him off-hand and rude in the Crown and Sceptre and elsewhere.
From all that I've seen of him on the television I LIKE THE BLOKE!

Good luck to him in his battle with booze and the embarrassing ulcerative collitis - far more deserved by Terry.

Here can be found my recent don't be nasty to Butch,fond testimonial: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/123945/butch-wilki

[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 21:08]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 18:20 - Sep 12 with 1362 viewsHantsR

I know that the red-faced one said that the added-on time was because of Jurgen Sommer's time-wasting but if my memory serves me well, the critical moment was the injury to our left back Brevett very late in the game. Anyway, there was a weakness in that position, which Cantona exploited mercilessly. So, an injury caused by a Man U foul resulted in extra time for Man U to benefit from! It seemed interminable - had to be 7 mins but I had no way of checking at the time.

I left that match probably angrier than I have ever been at a football match and of course heartbroken as our season seemed doomed from that point onward; I simply couldn't speak all the way back down the M3!
[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 19:08]
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 18:35 - Sep 12 with 1349 viewsted_hendrix

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 00:12 - Sep 12 by CamberleyR

I thought there was a few more games inbetween the Man U and Coventry games?

On reflection your right, I just remember bumping into a load of Rangers in a pub near Coventry s ground before kick off and all we we're talking about was the aggro after the manure game and the unnecessary added on time, I obviously thought one game followed the next as it was quite a while ago now.
The Coventry game was a disaster too as was much of that season, I think we all knew deep down what was coming that season.
Cantona = shithouse.
Jess = shithouse
Beardsley = the ugliest shithouse in the world.

I could go on

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 19:13 - Sep 12 with 1309 viewsdsw2509

I was there and also remember it vividly.

Yes, the Fergie time was a joke (and yes, I jumped around the room for the Aguero goal-perfect scenario, we were safe and the Team from Salford did not win the league).

But the goal was at least partially self inflicted.

Impey went towards the corner flag-good.

Nobody to pass to-not so good.

Impey whacks a hopeless cross straight down Schmeichel's throat-pretty silly.

Schmeichel recycles it immediately and they zoom down the other end-disaster.

Whatever you think of them, they did remember that a match does not end until the ref says it does.

We forgot it, they remembered it.

Still can't stand them though.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 20:59 - Sep 12 with 1248 viewsqprnw10

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 22:27 - Sep 11 by kingsburyR

Not overly bothered by United and the fans. Glory hunters in the main............

But Liverpool FC and the fans of that club.....

Don't get me started!!!

This!!!
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 21:03 - Sep 12 with 1243 viewsqprnw10

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 22:43 - Sep 11 by ganjR

In all honesty, they were always no mark teams to me. The glory hunting fans were always shut up in our school with 'so how many games do you go and watch? 1? None? Then you ain't a supporter, you're a fan, so shut up!'
The thing I hated was ' I support Liverpool / Man.U, but I like QPR'.
To which I'd reply 'we don't want you to like us cos we don't like you'.
Fck them both.
We will get done 3-0 on Sunday though, the w@nkers!

Agree mate.I find it patronising when local 'fans' off Utd, Lpool, even Arse and Spurs "like" us or have a "soft spot" for us.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 21:14 - Sep 12 with 928 viewsbatmanhoop

seething after that game, ref would have carried on to midnight for them to equalise. The only other game that pissed me off was against Wiimbledon, most cynical barstewards ever I had the misfortune to see.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 21:51 - Sep 12 with 907 viewsCiderwithRsie

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 15:11 - Sep 12 by themodfather

what always bothered me, was the time added for our goalie wasting time...surely the ref, even back then when "fergie time" was new, should have just warned, booked and if necessary shown a red card for the time wasting, rather than just add endless mins on!!??

now fergies gone, refs don't panic and it's almost a level playing field! and no red howard webb either....

The "time wasting" thing was all balls. When the score was nil nil and we were all over them Schmeichel as taking ages getting the ball back in play and they were generally trying to kill the game. As soon as we were 1-0 up funnily enough they wanted Sommer to put the ball back into play instantly.

A bunch of total gets in every respect. Reluctantly I would prefer them to win the league rather than the South London Nazis but that is as far as it goes. I'd even prefer Liverpool to win the league than them and that's hard to say.
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 23:27 - Sep 12 with 847 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 17:48 - Sep 12 by 18StoneOfHoop

Can't remember disagreeing more with Clive or Brian.

Clive writes that he wanted Wilkins to rant and rave after the Man U horror game. I don't think any manager - or any professional of any stripe even - should be false to their nature. Wilkins has been calm and quietly spoken since he was a teen - that's who he is. To act in the way Clive advocates would terminally compromise him in the sight of his players - an ultimately more important audience than the fans. A false cup-throwing show would have been noted and disapproved of in the dressing-room & make him a pathetic liar to himself.

'Bellend' ??? Foo koff and behave yourself. John Terry is a 'bellend'. Ray Wilkins certainly made some poor decisions when manager - but he is not so deserving of our lasting enmity order such as a Mullery or a Hughes. His wasting of the Les money on Hateley,Zelic,Goodridge,Charles was not good but seen in the round,overall he has done more good than harm at Loftus Road and deserves a better legacy & more respect than to be called a 'bell-end'.
5 and 1/2 years as a superb player for us, pivotal in our success at the time -especially 92/93 - weighs far more heavily than his one disasterous season as manager.
I've never met him unlike the several LFW punters who have found him off-hand and rude in the Crown and Sceptre and elsewhere.
From all that I've seen of him on the television I LIKE THE BLOKE!

Good luck to him in his battle with booze and the embarrassing ulcerative collitis - far more deserved by Terry.

Here can be found my recent don't be nasty to Butch,fond testimonial: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/123945/butch-wilki

[Post edited 12 Sep 2014 21:08]

Fair enough 18stone, but he is a man who is good with words and he didn't even attempt to point out the egregious injustice, the indefensible injustice that had been vistited upon his club.

I met him a few weeks later when in the context of a professional meeting he insulted in a wholly disgraceful, unacceptable and unsubstantiated manner one of our longest-standing, most engaged and reasonable fans. It was appalling.

He had words then, and, even allowing for the pressure he was under as a relatively young man, I always found it interesting that his idea of loyalty was to attack those below rather than to calmly talk about the injustices visited from above, both in the shape of that particular referee and the ownership who were already shaping to throw him under the wheels of the oncoming bus.

If you were at that meeting, even allowing for the pressure he was under, you would, I think, have seen another side of him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 08:36 - Sep 13 with 795 viewsToast_R

That cross should never have come in. Impey should have cleared that ball out for a throw. Fuk sakes
Eric Cantona scores at 5.02pm. on 12:28 - Sep 13 with 733 viewsthehat

David Beckham was on the bench that day and makes reference to it in his book by saying 'a generous amount of injury time'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024