Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... 09:49 - Oct 14 with 7435 viewsM40R

Attention those who don't look often at the other site:
http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?183723-The-Secret-Footba

If true, a thought provoking read.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 16:09 - Oct 14 with 2453 viewsSomersetHoops

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:48 - Oct 14 by YorkRanger

It makes a fair point about Les Ferdinand. Club legend perhaps but another PR signing. Hopelessly under qualified for the role he has been brought in to do.

Although he may not have frontline managerial experience I think Les Ferdinand has a degree in football management and has his coaching badges - I'm not sure if he's gone above B level with his badges though. He may lack experience, but I don't think he lacks qualifications. Not only that, Les can pilot a helicopter, so if it doesn't work out he could work for Air Asia.

When it comes to preparing ex players who are keen to manage in the game, surely it should be up to the FA to encourage their talent and provide courses fit for the purpose of preparing them to manage. I see little signs of superstar English managers emerging from their training schemes, so perhaps its time to shake them up a bit.

Who's Next?

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 16:33 - Oct 14 with 2399 viewsYorkRanger

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 16:09 - Oct 14 by SomersetHoops

Although he may not have frontline managerial experience I think Les Ferdinand has a degree in football management and has his coaching badges - I'm not sure if he's gone above B level with his badges though. He may lack experience, but I don't think he lacks qualifications. Not only that, Les can pilot a helicopter, so if it doesn't work out he could work for Air Asia.

When it comes to preparing ex players who are keen to manage in the game, surely it should be up to the FA to encourage their talent and provide courses fit for the purpose of preparing them to manage. I see little signs of superstar English managers emerging from their training schemes, so perhaps its time to shake them up a bit.

A few months at QPR and he may be glad of a job offer at Air Asia....
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 18:01 - Oct 14 with 2329 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:54 - Oct 14 by Jamie

Or alternately a few football writers profiting off the opinions & anecdotes they can't put their name to.

Not really sure how many times I can say it without being rude. I'm not offering an opinion. It actually IS Dave Kitson. Not Danny Murphy, who has also played for England, and not a bunch of journos. It's Dave Kitson. Dave Kitson. It's Dave Kitson.

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 18:50 - Oct 14 with 2271 viewsqprewan

what I think is interesting is that finally the wider media are belatedly catching on to the fact that actually HR is now an incredibly poor manager. This is one of many recent articles which have all highlighted his shortcomings. One would think that someone as media savvy as TF will be aware of this and that hopefully he now realises that it's not just a few disgruntled QPR fans moaning but is in fact a reality and that he needs to get rid fast.

Personally I am quite happy to be in the Championship but it breaks my heart to see our club managed by someone as disinterested and clueless as Red knap. The fact that his squad included 3 centre backs of around 35 years of age and that we only have one out and out striker, as highlighted by the secret footballer, is disgraceful. He does not stand up and coach because he has nothing to say, there is no plan, there is no structure, he simply shuffles the team and hopes for the best and he has been doing this for ages.
As I said, I do not mind dropping a division but I am no longer prepared to keep on supporting this joke of a team home and away. Chelsea away will be my last away and for the first time ever my 15 year old son has chosen to play this Sunday rather than watch Rangers, as he said we are only going to lose anyway; and I must admit this was a relief, at the moment the journey time from Brighton is over 2 hours and I honestly can't be bothered with it the way we are currently playing.
So Mr Fernandes you need to do something you keep talking about 40,000 stadiums and being an established Premiership club when the reality is that we will soon be playing to we'll under capacity crowds at the smallest ground in the Premiership and an ever dwindling away support.

What is perhaps the worst thing to put up with is the fact that our club is once again a laughing stock, Clive accurately described the West Ham fans as ' pitying' us and it was much the same at Spurs. The problem is that I am noticing that look of derision/ pity on the faces of people at Work and down the pub whenever QPR are discussed and to be honest I don't feel in any position to defend my club at present which is depressing place to be.
Imo if TF wants to stay up he will probably have to try Pullis which may or may not succeed, I would personally prefer a longer term strategy with Eddie Howe or the guy from Mk being given the opportunity to build a club with an ethos and style from the bottom up. But please Tony do something quickly and end this farce now.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 19:12]
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 19:56 - Oct 14 with 2204 viewsLblock

That is a blinding summation

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 21:35 - Oct 14 with 2113 viewsozexile

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 18:50 - Oct 14 by qprewan

what I think is interesting is that finally the wider media are belatedly catching on to the fact that actually HR is now an incredibly poor manager. This is one of many recent articles which have all highlighted his shortcomings. One would think that someone as media savvy as TF will be aware of this and that hopefully he now realises that it's not just a few disgruntled QPR fans moaning but is in fact a reality and that he needs to get rid fast.

Personally I am quite happy to be in the Championship but it breaks my heart to see our club managed by someone as disinterested and clueless as Red knap. The fact that his squad included 3 centre backs of around 35 years of age and that we only have one out and out striker, as highlighted by the secret footballer, is disgraceful. He does not stand up and coach because he has nothing to say, there is no plan, there is no structure, he simply shuffles the team and hopes for the best and he has been doing this for ages.
As I said, I do not mind dropping a division but I am no longer prepared to keep on supporting this joke of a team home and away. Chelsea away will be my last away and for the first time ever my 15 year old son has chosen to play this Sunday rather than watch Rangers, as he said we are only going to lose anyway; and I must admit this was a relief, at the moment the journey time from Brighton is over 2 hours and I honestly can't be bothered with it the way we are currently playing.
So Mr Fernandes you need to do something you keep talking about 40,000 stadiums and being an established Premiership club when the reality is that we will soon be playing to we'll under capacity crowds at the smallest ground in the Premiership and an ever dwindling away support.

What is perhaps the worst thing to put up with is the fact that our club is once again a laughing stock, Clive accurately described the West Ham fans as ' pitying' us and it was much the same at Spurs. The problem is that I am noticing that look of derision/ pity on the faces of people at Work and down the pub whenever QPR are discussed and to be honest I don't feel in any position to defend my club at present which is depressing place to be.
Imo if TF wants to stay up he will probably have to try Pullis which may or may not succeed, I would personally prefer a longer term strategy with Eddie Howe or the guy from Mk being given the opportunity to build a club with an ethos and style from the bottom up. But please Tony do something quickly and end this farce now.

Wonderfully put. A mate out here supports west ham and hammered me the other day. I just shrugged my shoulders cause its all true. I cant defend the indefensible.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 21:43 - Oct 14 with 2099 viewsYorkRanger

Really good post.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 22:08 - Oct 14 with 2082 viewsessextaxiboy

The article you are quoting and the subject of this thread says " Redknapp is a good manager " and is "capable in the transfer market " ?
Login to get fewer ads

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 22:15 - Oct 14 with 2072 viewsessextaxiboy

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 18:01 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

Not really sure how many times I can say it without being rude. I'm not offering an opinion. It actually IS Dave Kitson. Not Danny Murphy, who has also played for England, and not a bunch of journos. It's Dave Kitson. Dave Kitson. It's Dave Kitson.

I dont think it is .I heard it was that lanky ginger bloke who always scores against us . ..you know ...whasisname ?
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 22:21 - Oct 14 with 2064 viewsqprewan

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 22:08 - Oct 14 by essextaxiboy

The article you are quoting and the subject of this thread says " Redknapp is a good manager " and is "capable in the transfer market " ?

I'd read it again Essex it's main point is that HR is a busted flush, the bit about the players not being lazy but rather not knowing what they were doing because there was no plan was pretty damming wasn't it? anyway I wasn't just referring to that one article really but the fact that there are now serious questions being raised publicly about our manager's ability or lack of it, not before time.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 22:49 - Oct 14 with 2030 viewsFredManRave

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 18:01 - Oct 14 by Antti_Heinola

I heard that Dave Kitson is letting people think that it is him thus deflecting the attention away from Paul Merson.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:13 - Oct 14 with 2005 viewsdaveB

however it ends up with Redknapp at QPR he has been a good manager over the years and has done some good things with us and I think thats one of the many reasons he is not going to get slaughtered in the media, if we don't improve and the inevitable sacking happens then i think from the outside the questions will be more about how the club is run rather than how good or bad Redknapp is. I'm not saying thats how it should be but I think thats how it will be reported.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:29 - Oct 14 with 1989 viewsGloryHunter

This what I've been saying all season - it's been obvious there's no plan, no tactics.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:41 - Oct 14 with 1977 viewscollegeranger

I don't know whats on TF's mind but the Les Ferdinand appointment I believe is anointed by HR as he will go voluntarily in Jan.
HR, Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond could all retire tomorrow. None live near Harlington, none need the money or the pressure and all would be given scouting jobs to secure a post in football post retirement with a graceful thank you from one and all.
Which leaves - who is next - I do think Hoddle is the stalking horse here - he openly wanted the Spurs job before the linguistically challenged one got the "one year" contract from Joe Lewis. Hoddle has one chance left at he prem and he knows it. He knows Les Ferdinand well , probably wants him to build the youth set up in similar vein to Spurs. Could keep Bond and Jordan as again have reputations from Spurs but equally could bin them.

My two penneth !!
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:49 - Oct 14 with 1970 viewsLoftusRdW12

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:29 - Oct 14 by GloryHunter

This what I've been saying all season - it's been obvious there's no plan, no tactics.

There was no forward planning for this season. Redknapp said as much towards the end of last season.

We've been all over the shop for years. There is no simple solution.

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 00:44 - Oct 15 with 1908 viewsessextaxiboy

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 23:29 - Oct 14 by GloryHunter

There was a plan and tactics and we bought and resigned players and got a coach in to play it ,then we abandoned it after 2 games .
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 10:54 - Oct 15 with 1791 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 00:44 - Oct 15 by essextaxiboy

There was a plan and tactics and we bought and resigned players and got a coach in to play it ,then we abandoned it after 2 games .

just saying we're playing 3-5-2 is not a 'plan'.

Bare bones.

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:05 - Oct 15 with 1731 viewsTHEBUSH

It's pretty obvious by now, is that under Redknapp our main failure has been in the coaching and training of the players.

Bond and Jordan follow Redknapp, but have never been regarded as top football coaches, they are just Redknapps yes men.

We now have a decent coach in Hoddle, but he is only part-time, which is a disgrace for a Premiership club.

Hope Les Ferdinand can sort us out, but personally I think he is too nice for what he may have to do !!
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:50 - Oct 15 with 1691 viewsNW5Hoop

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 15:54 - Oct 14 by Jamie

Or alternately a few football writers profiting off the opinions & anecdotes they can't put their name to.

It's a real footballer. When he wrote for our place, the identity was an incredibly closely guarded secret: just three people on the sports desk knew, and one of them only found out because he picked up someone else's phone and TSF was on the line to talk about that week's column.

However, I think not all the incidents come from one player's career. I think he uses things he knows from around the game, and presents them as if they've happened to him, to confuse and obfuscate his identity.
The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 13:33 - Oct 15 with 1652 viewsTacticalR

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:50 - Oct 15 by NW5Hoop

It's a real footballer. When he wrote for our place, the identity was an incredibly closely guarded secret: just three people on the sports desk knew, and one of them only found out because he picked up someone else's phone and TSF was on the line to talk about that week's column.

However, I think not all the incidents come from one player's career. I think he uses things he knows from around the game, and presents them as if they've happened to him, to confuse and obfuscate his identity.

I presume the person who picked up the phone had to be killed?

Air hostess clique

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 14:50 - Oct 15 with 1592 viewsTGRRRSSS

The Secret Footballer on QPR's problems.... on 12:10 - Oct 14 by Northernr

Who was going to retire but as he was going to move to London anyway to be closer to his family and QPR is in London he thought he might as well.

My whole problem with Ferdinand signing.

It's an interesting article but is too soft with Redknapp in my view.
Having wings clipped is laghable though.
Everyone else still calls us Moneybags QPR in some way shape or form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024