Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! 17:41 - Oct 14 with 2410 viewsbosh67

http://www.thefa.com//news/governance/2014/oct/rio-ferdinand-charged-for-social-

Or you'll dash your hopes of being President of the world.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 17:46 - Oct 14 with 2016 viewsdaveB

I don't follow him on twitter, what did he say?
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 18:11 - Oct 14 with 1925 viewstheselector

The FA didn't specify. Probably something about Man Utd. It's all he ever seems to talk about.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 1860 viewsJamie

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 17:46 - Oct 14 by daveB

I don't follow him on twitter, what did he say?

Someone tweeted him saying he was rubbish, Rio replied calling his mum a slag.

36 years old....
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 18:46 - Oct 14 with 1807 viewsbosh67

A statement on the FA website read: "It is alleged the comment posted on his twitter account was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper. It is further alleged that this breach is aggravated pursuant to FA Rule E3(2) as it included a reference to gender."

Ferdinand now has until Tuesday 21 October 2014 to respond to the charge.

The FA did not specify which message had provoked the charge.

Ferdinand, who made 81 appearances for England - the last in June 2011 - is a member of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission looking at how to improve English football.

--

The QPR centre-back is said to have sent an ill-advised reply to a fairly harmless message at the beginning of September and, having been charged today by the FA, has until next Tuesday to respond.

A Man City supporter sent a tweet to Ferdinand saying: ‘Maybe QPR will sign a good CB they need one.’

To which the former Manchester United man replied: ‘Get ya mum in, plays the field well son! #sket.’

--

NB: To be fair I can't find this Man City fan's mum on wiki but if she can defend set pieces and corners she could be useful.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 18:57]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 19:34 - Oct 14 with 1725 viewsdaveB

are the FA actually going to waste time over something as pathetic as that? The words gone mad
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 19:38 - Oct 14 with 1713 viewsShotKneesHoop

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 18:46 - Oct 14 by bosh67

A statement on the FA website read: "It is alleged the comment posted on his twitter account was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper. It is further alleged that this breach is aggravated pursuant to FA Rule E3(2) as it included a reference to gender."

Ferdinand now has until Tuesday 21 October 2014 to respond to the charge.

The FA did not specify which message had provoked the charge.

Ferdinand, who made 81 appearances for England - the last in June 2011 - is a member of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission looking at how to improve English football.

--

The QPR centre-back is said to have sent an ill-advised reply to a fairly harmless message at the beginning of September and, having been charged today by the FA, has until next Tuesday to respond.

A Man City supporter sent a tweet to Ferdinand saying: ‘Maybe QPR will sign a good CB they need one.’

To which the former Manchester United man replied: ‘Get ya mum in, plays the field well son! #sket.’

--

NB: To be fair I can't find this Man City fan's mum on wiki but if she can defend set pieces and corners she could be useful.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2014 18:57]

We've got a good CB, but Deputy Dawg won't pick The Chief because he's not one of his Spurs / West Ham mates.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 19:43 - Oct 14 with 1698 viewsquickpassrotter

I thought at first that he had been charged by the FA for ''Pretending to be a Premier League defender, and taking a wage under false pretences''. Then I realised that it was in fact linked to what he said on Twitter.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 20:25 - Oct 14 with 1643 viewsizlingtonhoop

While we're on the subject, does anyone know how to filter out certain letter strings on News now?
wading past his verbiage is driving me nuts!
Login to get fewer ads

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 20:49 - Oct 14 with 1574 viewsYorkRanger

Forget punditry, forget your book, forget twitter and start focussing on your football which has been sh1te...
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 20:52 - Oct 14 with 1566 viewsWeaverQPR

I rgought qpr had a twitter code of conduct or is that just for barton?

@WeavQPR

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 21:00 - Oct 14 with 1539 viewsCHUBBS

What on earth did we sign this thick tw@t for?
The original comment was only telling it how it is,the bloke is well past it now.
This is a bloke who hasn't stopped criticizing Terry for his offensive comments toward his useless brother,then goes and says something just as offensive.
Man utd job in your dreams.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 21:44 - Oct 14 with 1468 viewsderbyhoop

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 20:52 - Oct 14 by WeaverQPR

I rgought qpr had a twitter code of conduct or is that just for barton?

Even if he was doing double sessions he's still only work for about 4 hours a day. How long does it take to write 140 characters?

With all social media, you sre sending a postcard to the world. Professional footballers are an easy target. No point in responding to trolls. Even Barton has learned that much.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 22:37 - Oct 14 with 1408 viewslondonscottish

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 21:00 - Oct 14 by CHUBBS

The original comment was only telling it how it is,the bloke is well past it now.
This is a bloke who hasn't stopped criticizing Terry for his offensive comments toward his useless brother,then goes and says something just as offensive.

Kin unbelievable. You couldn't make it up. "Your mum" insults........

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 00:20 - Oct 15 with 1340 viewsRBlock

Cumon FA, ban him. Pleaseeeeee.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 01:00 - Oct 15 with 1320 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If this is bringing the game into disrepute then the game's reputation is more pristine than I had thought. Nonsense.

Having said that, it does little for Ferdinand's own reputation. Or ours. When in the name of Christ is someone going to have a word with Ferdinand, Redknapp, Barton and Fernandes and tell them all to act like professionals, if for no other reason that the club might appear professional for two consecutive days.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 07:40 - Oct 15 with 1247 viewsKonk

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 18:34 - Oct 14 by Jamie

Someone tweeted him saying he was rubbish, Rio replied calling his mum a slag.

36 years old....

#kwalitybantzrio!!!#megalolz!!!#Ohmydaysyoutoldhim!!!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 09:21 - Oct 15 with 1178 viewsDiscodroids

time to lay the jack of clubs upon this fools corpse, with tony f playing the role of robert duvall.

i love the smell of anti 'rio' postings in the mornings, smells of decaying, putrefying premiership flesh....

smells like..defeat.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 9:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 09:46 - Oct 15 with 1155 viewspaulparker

He should be banned for 6 months just for using the words Sket & using twitter
what is he 14 years old ?? what a kunt he really is
as ive said before im sure him and Anton have had a bet of £1.00 like the Mortimer brothers in coming to America , just to see who could be the sh*ttest defender

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 10:06 - Oct 15 with 1134 viewssimmo

I have championed the word 'sket' for years, should have known it would come back to bite me in he arse....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 10:08 - Oct 15 with 1123 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ah yes Rio the great ambassador of football with his sexist, racist and homophobic comments.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 10:08 - Oct 15 with 1127 viewstoboboly

#merked

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 10:17 - Oct 15 with 1107 viewsSpiritofGregory

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 21:00 - Oct 14 by CHUBBS

So he fancies himself as a future manager of Man Utd. Yes in Cloud cuckoo land.
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 13:01 - Oct 15 with 1039 viewsR_from_afar

How much is Rio paying QPR to keep him off the streets? What's that you say? We're paying him? Incredible! Why? He is not contributing anything.

The man is an utter imbecile.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 13:16 - Oct 15 with 1027 viewsJamie

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 19:34 - Oct 14 by daveB

are the FA actually going to waste time over something as pathetic as that? The words gone mad

Have a word Dave. He's a highly experienced and very high profile player, about to start an FA role, tweeting "your mum" jokes in response to pretty tame (and factually correct) tweets. Of course he's been charged, and rightly so.

The only pathetic thing here is that the 36 year old, self styled 'king of banter' bit so easily. Guess the truth hurts.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 13:19]
Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 13:22 - Oct 15 with 1017 viewsW7Ranger

Switch the phone and computer off Rio! on 09:46 - Oct 15 by paulparker

He should be banned for 6 months just for using the words Sket & using twitter
what is he 14 years old ?? what a kunt he really is
as ive said before im sure him and Anton have had a bet of £1.00 like the Mortimer brothers in coming to America , just to see who could be the sh*ttest defender

Trading Places.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024