Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you were gutted to see go 14:56 - Nov 6 with 6916 viewspaulparker

following on from what Disco said on another thread about being gutted when Sinton Left
what players were you most annoyed /upset about leaving
im going for the days before endless speculation on sky sports, the days when you picked up the red tops (always red them back to front sports first) or read it on Ceefax
For me it was Terry Fenwick,
our club captain had joined Spurs (who I hated, still do ) for 500k I remember reading the Mirror round my nans , and there he was with EL tel and a spurs scarf , I was livid I don't think I slept for 2 nights , I even sent a letter to Jim smith back then LOL
anyone else ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you were gutted to see go on 16:12 - Nov 7 with 971 viewsdaveB

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:58 - Nov 7 by paulparker

The Bannister & Byrne transfers were baffling at the time
I could never get my head around the fact we sold Bannister to Coventry of all teams,
TBF to Falco he was Shot as a Div1 player by the time we sold him to Millwall
Like Sir les I think Parker stayed a season to long so even though he was my favourite player I could understand him going to Utd ,( he turned down Arsenal & Spurs )
the funny thing is he may have stayed if he didn't have that falling out with Don Howe

I got home from a night out to see on Teletxt that we'd agreed a fee with Villa for Ferdinand, I had expected him to go but that moment i read it fuelled with alcohol I was absolutely devastated.

I've never got over John Byrne leaving though, my absolute hero as a kid
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:18 - Nov 7 with 966 viewsPinnerPaul

Not read thread so sorry if repeating but for me

Stan
Rodney
Dave Thomas
Phil Parkes

and strangely Dave Needham - bit like letting Simpson go recently - wasn't a world beater but was decent for us, we didn't have a replacement - so why sell?
Players you were gutted to see go on 18:06 - Nov 7 with 925 viewsted_hendrix

Players you were gutted to see go on 06:01 - Nov 7 by ade_qpr

Thomas was brilliant.
Marsh's history well documented, but wasn't so gutted because Ted you may remember. Off the top of my head the money we got from Marsh's transfer paved the way for Thomas, Bowles and Givens. Am I correct?

My biggest was Stanley.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 6:02]

Thing is mate seeing Rodney Marsh actually playing for us in the flesh so to speak was a sight for sore eyes, yes there would be times when you'd mumble under your breadth because he wasn't playing like a magician and scoring with his every touch but the bloke was in my book a genius, he could turn a lost game into a winning one in a matter of a few minutes.
We knew he was going but when we finally heard on the car radio's old medium wave way back when that he'd been sold it was like a bloody hammer blow, never mind his skill level i thought he was 'one of us' It was hard to take.

Dave Thomas in my eyes was the best QPR player of all time and we sold him to those Evertonian bastards, these threads have been done before of course, but Dave Thomas could do no wrong in my eyes, walk out onto the pitch, take his shin pads of and throw them over the touchline and then batter the f uck out of any defender he wanted to, not everyone's favourite but an absolute QPR legend as far as I'm concerned.
I didn't christen my first lad Dave Thomas for any other reason than the above.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Players you were gutted to see go on 18:47 - Nov 7 with 908 viewshoopstilidie

Dave Thomas.
Never have got over it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Players you were gutted to see go on 18:51 - Nov 7 with 899 viewsPinnerPaul

Players you were gutted to see go on 18:47 - Nov 7 by hoopstilidie

Dave Thomas.
Never have got over it.

The reason given was barmy as well if I remember - wanted to spend more time in his garden - or some such nonsense!
Players you were gutted to see go on 18:52 - Nov 7 with 917 viewsBrightonhoop

Dave Thomas, utterly gutted. Stan obviously but even as a 10 year old it was clear he would go. Phil Parkes was below the belt, not his fault as is well documented, but childhood innocence died that day. Grrr.
Players you were gutted to see go on 09:24 - Nov 8 with 857 viewstoboboly

Sampsa Timoska. Always liked him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Players you were gutted to see go on 10:30 - Nov 8 with 842 viewsPommyhoop

Players you were gutted to see go on 18:52 - Nov 7 by Brightonhoop

Dave Thomas, utterly gutted. Stan obviously but even as a 10 year old it was clear he would go. Phil Parkes was below the belt, not his fault as is well documented, but childhood innocence died that day. Grrr.

Yep these two leaving cut young Pommy deep, very deep.
After that it seemed that those 'tossers ' from over east where Disco hails from hoovered up any player who was any good for us..
* ( Big Phil was before Stan and Davey tho wasn't he?)

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Players you were gutted to see go on 13:28 - Nov 8 with 818 viewsPeterHucker

Paul Parker was the first one that springs to mind. I can still remember picking up the paper and seeing the back page.
Clive Allen both times he left.

Gerry being forced out of the club he loves with the Rodney Marsh director of football thing still infuriates me too. I think things could've been very different if he'd stayed. They forced him out because he wanted to keep hold of Les for another season and Les was happy to stay another year too.
Players you were gutted to see go on 16:34 - Nov 8 with 775 viewstribalr

Miffed when we got shot off Blackstock. More recently Matthew Connolly. Thought he was a decent defender.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024