Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you were gutted to see go 14:56 - Nov 6 with 6917 viewspaulparker

following on from what Disco said on another thread about being gutted when Sinton Left
what players were you most annoyed /upset about leaving
im going for the days before endless speculation on sky sports, the days when you picked up the red tops (always red them back to front sports first) or read it on Ceefax
For me it was Terry Fenwick,
our club captain had joined Spurs (who I hated, still do ) for 500k I remember reading the Mirror round my nans , and there he was with EL tel and a spurs scarf , I was livid I don't think I slept for 2 nights , I even sent a letter to Jim smith back then LOL
anyone else ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you were gutted to see go on 22:15 - Nov 6 with 1225 viewsMrSheen

Apart from the obvious, Geno and Spencer, obviously no budget for the latter when the great Sheron arrived, but lost about £1.5m on the best finisher I've seen in hoops when we were already skint.

And Gigi. How was Dowie an improvement?
Players you were gutted to see go on 22:19 - Nov 6 with 1223 viewsDylanP

Stan Bowles. I couldn't believe it when he left. It was like they ripped of an arm.

Sir Les. There has never been a worse transfer decision. We got £6 million and thus began our policy of bringing in crocked old useless feckers.

Jamie Mackie. Why?????? He wasn't the best player in the world, but he sure was fun to watch.

Danny Simpson. I just don't get it.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Players you were gutted to see go on 22:21 - Nov 6 with 1220 viewsdaveinmelbourne

Totally agree regarding Stainrod and Wegerle, swashbuckling skillfull types, like pirates in football boots.
Could frustrate the hell out of you and then they produce some sort of magic.

Sir Les of course, like a death in the family when when he went up North! That was such a good side that one, as someone has already posted its a shame Thompson was so short sighted, a business man rather than a football man, cash over potential, to summarise a bit of a ku nt.

The really weird move for me was the breaking up of Goddard and Allen, WTF!!
Players you were gutted to see go on 22:48 - Nov 6 with 1182 viewsjohncharles

Dave Needham. He was turning out to be a terrific player and a bargain. We sold him after just 6 months. That really pissed me off at the time.

Strong and stable my arse.

Players you were gutted to see go on 22:55 - Nov 6 with 1175 viewsCamberleyR

Players you were gutted to see go on 22:48 - Nov 6 by johncharles

Dave Needham. He was turning out to be a terrific player and a bargain. We sold him after just 6 months. That really pissed me off at the time.

I think I read somewhere that Forest wanted to buy him from Notts County but County refused to directly sell to their city rivals so we were used as a sort of go between. Don't know how true it is.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Players you were gutted to see go on 23:46 - Nov 6 with 1131 viewsozexile

Not so much go but the way Alan McDonald was left out by Houston and rioch brings a tear to my eye. He endured a season of being ignored while morrow played in his position. Every week I prayed he'd pick him and every week disappointed.
Players you were gutted to see go on 23:54 - Nov 6 with 1129 viewshighlandbill

Thinking about more recent times I was gutted to see Ryan Nelson go. The bloke was not a great footballer but in the short time he was at the club he was totally committed and a rock in our defence. He was also a very decent guy which is something you could not say about some of the squad at that time. And this season its got to be Remy, to lose a class striker to
Chelsea is truly gut wrenching.

At my age I should not be doing this!

Players you were gutted to see go on 00:05 - Nov 7 with 1126 viewsOakR

1. Paul Parker
2. The way Macca left
3. Seaman when we knew he was going but Lukic said no, but not by the time he actually went.
4. Sinton
5. Clive Wilson
6. David Bardsley

Those were the truly outstanding players for me who I was gutted to see go.

In terms of players maybe not quite in that class, but who I had I guess an emotional attachment:

1. Kevin Gallen
2. Marc Bircham
3. Lee Cook
4. Martin Rowlands

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Players you were gutted to see go on 00:20 - Nov 7 with 1121 viewsTripper

I know his career was coming to a close but I'll never again miss a player like I did Tony Currie.
Players you were gutted to see go on 00:59 - Nov 7 with 1108 viewsstowmarketrange

All of the names put forward by others have been gutting to see them go,but nothing sums up Briatori and the dwarf more for me than the sale of Dexter Blackstock.
We all know he wasn't the hardest working player,but some of the goals he scored for us were pretty spectacular.I think we missed him a lot when he'd gone.
Players you were gutted to see go on 01:24 - Nov 7 with 1096 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Recently, HH. Loved him + the 1-0 of course

It's got to be Yarg

Players you were gutted to see go on 05:30 - Nov 7 with 1063 viewsLoft1979

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:45 - Nov 6 by DWQPR

Stan. Saw him play his last game for Rangers at home to Wrexham in early December '79, we drew 2-2 and he wore the number 7 shirt that day. No inkling whatsoever that a few days later Brian Clough was to sign him for Forest. He was my footballing hero and as a 13 year old being given the news by my Dad, I was properly choked up. Always had the hope that he would return to the club but it didn't happen.

Ditto.
Wrexham was my first game. Thought Goddard was IT. Glad I got to See Clive

We talk about not developing players here constantly, but these entire string is the reverse arguement. Whether its Parkes, Bowles, Goddard, Allen (s), Peacock, Sinton, Les, Raheem, Parker, Fenwick, Crouch...We have and continue to see and mature good young players. Hopefully Petrasso, Sendles-White, even YSY are the next iteration.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:13]
Players you were gutted to see go on 06:01 - Nov 7 with 1055 viewsade_qpr

Players you were gutted to see go on 18:50 - Nov 6 by ted_hendrix

I cant say who it was worse losing Dave Thomas or Rodney Marsh, both genius's with the ball at their feet.

Thomas was brilliant.
Marsh's history well documented, but wasn't so gutted because Ted you may remember. Off the top of my head the money we got from Marsh's transfer paved the way for Thomas, Bowles and Givens. Am I correct?

My biggest was Stanley.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 6:02]

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Players you were gutted to see go on 09:10 - Nov 7 with 998 viewspaulparker

A couple more thinking back which really irked me were
Andy Gray - we just got him off Villa and he had a mixed few months with us but the goals he scored against Man Utd were World class , I honestly thought it would be his season the year after and he was sold to palace

the other one was Martin Allen to west ham, I have a soft spot for him, probably because I went to his soccer schools as a kid and he once gave me a lift to uxbridge station, but once he went to west ham he turned into a midfield enforcer we were so badly lacking,
Trevor Francis was a tool

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players you were gutted to see go on 09:23 - Nov 7 with 992 viewssilky

For me it has to be.

Heidar Helguson

I know he was close to retiring but he would of had another season at least in him. Just wished we played him more often. Such a useful forward who had exceptional target man talent for a smaller player.

And I suppose Faurlin to some extent. I so hope he comes back again. Very unlikely but I live in hope. No one deserve it more than him. Not exactly sold I know but a sad ending none the less

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Players you were gutted to see go on 09:40 - Nov 7 with 982 viewsdoogi55

parkes
parker
dave thomas
peacock
clive allen
rodney marsh
sir les
sinton
Players you were gutted to see go on 09:45 - Nov 7 with 978 viewsloftus77

This kind of thread goes a long way to revealing people's ages I think!!

For me - no contest. Paul Goddard by a country mile. Worst single mistake we ever made.
Players you were gutted to see go on 10:12 - Nov 7 with 958 viewsdoogi55

goddards biggest mistake as well
Players you were gutted to see go on 11:21 - Nov 7 with 928 viewsMedwayR

Sinton - He was my 1st QPR hero, although that blow was softened when we signed Sinclair

Francis leaving as manager, even at the young age that I was that felt like the end of something.

Sinclair - Such a sh@t deal and one of our best ever players too, kind of confirmed that we wouldn't be back any time soon.

Macca - Just why?!?

Gallen (1st time) - Sad end to so much promise.

Crouch - Although we were in a poor position to negotiate from I still felt we got a bit mugged off, especially when Pompey sold him for £5m a year later.

Parrett - Realisation that we'd struggle to produce a top player through our youth system without losing them to other teams.

Remy - He could've been massive for us.

I grew up used to us selling players & quickly realised that we're a selling club but there was a period of about 3 seasons when the great team of the early 90's fell apart, that was hard to take for a young lad.

Poll: Who’s better?

Players you were gutted to see go on 14:12 - Nov 7 with 886 viewsbaz_qpr

Simon Stainrod
Players you were gutted to see go on 14:34 - Nov 7 with 864 viewsBklynRanger

Darren Peacock stands out for me as one I was gutted over. Partly because he was really important to us and partly because it was symptomatic of how things were starting to go for the club. Plus if I remember rightly he went very late on in the days before such things seemed engineered for Sky TV excitement.
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:08 - Nov 7 with 854 viewsdaveB

Gary Bannister, John Byrne, Mark Falco, Paul Parker, Les Ferdinand and Andy Sinton all broke my heart. I was gutted when Holloway left as manager as well, still am
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:48 - Nov 7 with 831 viewsDiscodroids

i had to book a plane to switzerland when gary chivers left....

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:56 - Nov 7 with 821 viewsNorthernr

A tiny one compared to some on here but I always thought it was a shame Aziz Ben Askar didn't stay long term.
Players you were gutted to see go on 15:58 - Nov 7 with 820 viewspaulparker

Players you were gutted to see go on 15:08 - Nov 7 by daveB

Gary Bannister, John Byrne, Mark Falco, Paul Parker, Les Ferdinand and Andy Sinton all broke my heart. I was gutted when Holloway left as manager as well, still am

The Bannister & Byrne transfers were baffling at the time
I could never get my head around the fact we sold Bannister to Coventry of all teams,
TBF to Falco he was Shot as a Div1 player by the time we sold him to Millwall
Like Sir les I think Parker stayed a season to long so even though he was my favourite player I could understand him going to Utd ,( he turned down Arsenal & Spurs )
the funny thing is he may have stayed if he didn't have that falling out with Don Howe

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024