Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium 10:21 - Mar 20 with 6048 viewsdaveB

Probably been mentioned on here before but they are asking for support for the new stadium, details on the web site

http://www.new-queens-park.co.uk/

New Stadium on 11:25 - Mar 20 with 4944 viewsRangersw12

Done

Although will be opposing it if they still carry on this stupid idea of 40k
New Stadium on 11:29 - Mar 20 with 4924 viewsWeaverQPR

New Stadium on 11:25 - Mar 20 by Rangersw12

Done

Although will be opposing it if they still carry on this stupid idea of 40k

Agree, still have massive reservations about a new ground and TF's ability to pull it off.

@WeavQPR

New Stadium on 17:42 - Mar 20 with 4719 viewsHollowayRanger

Im happy where I am so wont be getting my vote rather be a decent division 1 club at the loft then some plastic premiership club

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

New Stadium on 21:16 - Mar 20 with 4556 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Stadium on 17:42 - Mar 20 by HollowayRanger

Im happy where I am so wont be getting my vote rather be a decent division 1 club at the loft then some plastic premiership club

This.
New Stadium on 23:11 - Mar 20 with 4445 viewsderbyhoop

Without a move away from Loftus Road, that's where were likelyto end up. Without the decent ....

It's outdated, too small, with poor facilities on a cramped site.

We have access to a catchment area that stretches West from the Edgware Road and North from the M4. That's about 2 million people. Where's the ambition to be better than we are now.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Stadium on 23:30 - Mar 20 with 4426 viewsHollowayRanger

New Stadium on 23:11 - Mar 20 by derbyhoop

Without a move away from Loftus Road, that's where were likelyto end up. Without the decent ....

It's outdated, too small, with poor facilities on a cramped site.

We have access to a catchment area that stretches West from the Edgware Road and North from the M4. That's about 2 million people. Where's the ambition to be better than we are now.

its a gamble

and sadly one I think we will lose

cost of stadium and training ground on top of our already high debts plus football league fine

that's a heck of a lot of money to find and then we have to find a way to fill the place and stay in the premiership

if it ever happens I HOPE IT WORKS but I doubt it

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

New Stadium on 00:00 - Mar 21 with 4409 viewsthemodfather

can't they just get barton to tweet for his acolytes to reply instead, he has a million or so....
New Stadium on 09:17 - Mar 21 with 4261 viewsQPR_Jim

New Stadium on 23:30 - Mar 20 by HollowayRanger

its a gamble

and sadly one I think we will lose

cost of stadium and training ground on top of our already high debts plus football league fine

that's a heck of a lot of money to find and then we have to find a way to fill the place and stay in the premiership

if it ever happens I HOPE IT WORKS but I doubt it

A couple of gambles to date which QPR didn't take regarding our ground:

1. Buy the houses behind South Africa Road.
2. Buy the land behind the school end.

I wonder whether if we don't take the opportunity at Old Oak Common whether we'll be sat in a characterless stadium somewhere near Heathrow adding this move to that list. One things for sure we're not going to stay at Loftus Road forever.
Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 4254 viewsPunteR

Sadly we need to move. I just don't trust TF to get it right though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Stadium on 09:44 - Mar 21 with 4233 viewsDejR_vu

In an ideal world we would stay at Loftus Road but in truth we have to move. My biggest concern is whether the club will actually own the stadium. I've got a bad feeling that supporting a move is like asking turkeys to vote for Christmas.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

New Stadium on 09:48 - Mar 21 with 4228 viewszicoshoops

New Queens Park?
Let's have it right......
New Queen's Park.

Where's the option for just building a Ground for us, nothing else?
Never mind Crossrail, re-generation of the area, and all that jazz.

Buy a piece of land large enough for a Stadium...........and just build one there.
Forget all the other stuff.

Or is this not what this is all about?

Cynic?................Wot me Guv.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
New Stadium on 10:57 - Mar 21 with 4179 viewsWeaverQPR

What if the options were
1. Tony's vision for the new world (40k,New QPR,Cinema,Crossrail,24k homes)
2. Move out of postcode to a ground we own approx 28k?

@WeavQPR

New Stadium on 12:25 - Mar 21 with 4109 viewsDWQPR

Idealistic but quite frankly because of the close proximity of our neighbours then if this was to happen I could see the club either plummeting further or closing. When things started going bad the last time we were in the third tier at times we were getting 8,000's, which is loss making for a club in a vicinity. Being a London club players would have to be paid more purely for the fact that they would have to live in more expensive properties, compared to more northerly clubs. If the team is doing poorly then the crowds will dwindle and Rodney Marsh's prophecy of a few years back would come true. Fulham on getting to the PL suddenly got crowds jumping to 26,000, yep many were tourists but many came out of curiosity and stuck. Brentford, within 3 years will move into a shiny new stadium, holding 20,000 and you watch them fill the place.

We need a new ground, Loftus Road, for however endearing it is quite frankly became outdated the moment the Taylor Report was published. To stay local OOC is really the only option and we are lucky to have the owners with such vision and resource. And I bet if it gets built it will be filled, by us, by new supporters, by people moving into the area, by a larger away support and yes by tourists, but again, like Fulham, many will stick and 20 years hence will be as grumbling as the rest of us. I just hope that the final design will encompass the best bits of Loftus Road and has the ability to create an atmosphere something akin to that night against Oldham in 2003.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

New Stadium on 12:39 - Mar 21 with 4097 viewsTGRRRSSS

Would rather stay as close to Shpeherds Bush as possible, as others states failure to act in the past means this could be last chance saloon.
Somebody mentioned Heathrow, thats possible but no can be a nightmare to get too.

Staying at Loftus Road isn't feasible frankly in the top 2 divisions give it enother 10 fifteen years and maybe your looking at League 2 with middle of League 1 at best as more and more sides adapt grow bigger etc.

I love Loftus Road but this is the only true option as I see it at this time.
Another option maybe we get moved like old Wimbledon were and more recently albeit it in Rugby Wasps.
Cornwall has a big potential untapped potential right?
New Stadium on 12:42 - Mar 21 with 4091 viewsPunteR

New Stadium on 12:39 - Mar 21 by TGRRRSSS

Would rather stay as close to Shpeherds Bush as possible, as others states failure to act in the past means this could be last chance saloon.
Somebody mentioned Heathrow, thats possible but no can be a nightmare to get too.

Staying at Loftus Road isn't feasible frankly in the top 2 divisions give it enother 10 fifteen years and maybe your looking at League 2 with middle of League 1 at best as more and more sides adapt grow bigger etc.

I love Loftus Road but this is the only true option as I see it at this time.
Another option maybe we get moved like old Wimbledon were and more recently albeit it in Rugby Wasps.
Cornwall has a big potential untapped potential right?

Oo RRRR'SS

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Stadium on 13:27 - Mar 21 with 4059 viewsthemodfather

the new ground won't have ROOTS, HEART,MEMORIES
it will have new fans on it;s doorstep, fans who may actually support other clubs and end up turning up at new qpr IF WE WIN games
a new mall and cinema and pizza and franky's!! even a bowling alley but will it = qpr?
but as i have said before the new stadium, won't really be for qpr, it will be for ONE DIRECTION or rod stewart fans , it will be a concert venue more than a football ground...
New Stadium on 13:40 - Mar 21 with 4042 viewsqprewan

New Stadium on 12:25 - Mar 21 by DWQPR

Idealistic but quite frankly because of the close proximity of our neighbours then if this was to happen I could see the club either plummeting further or closing. When things started going bad the last time we were in the third tier at times we were getting 8,000's, which is loss making for a club in a vicinity. Being a London club players would have to be paid more purely for the fact that they would have to live in more expensive properties, compared to more northerly clubs. If the team is doing poorly then the crowds will dwindle and Rodney Marsh's prophecy of a few years back would come true. Fulham on getting to the PL suddenly got crowds jumping to 26,000, yep many were tourists but many came out of curiosity and stuck. Brentford, within 3 years will move into a shiny new stadium, holding 20,000 and you watch them fill the place.

We need a new ground, Loftus Road, for however endearing it is quite frankly became outdated the moment the Taylor Report was published. To stay local OOC is really the only option and we are lucky to have the owners with such vision and resource. And I bet if it gets built it will be filled, by us, by new supporters, by people moving into the area, by a larger away support and yes by tourists, but again, like Fulham, many will stick and 20 years hence will be as grumbling as the rest of us. I just hope that the final design will encompass the best bits of Loftus Road and has the ability to create an atmosphere something akin to that night against Oldham in 2003.

No not having that at all; actually the last time we were in League 1 the crowds were feking fantastic; the club sensibly reduced all season ticker prices and the result was a kind of rebirth and without doubt the best atmosphere we have had at LR for decades. Now the singing is largely restricted to Qp and r blocks; back then chants would regularly be sung on 3 sides of the ground; Back then away fans didn't know where to direct their chants, both ends of the Ellerslie had raucous fans as well as the whole of the loft and the 2 blocks of the south Africa stand near the away end.

oh and in our second season didn't we take 33, 000 to Cardiff and 8,000 to Sheffield Weds in our 3rd. So no our crowds didn't "dwindle" they went up and actually if you look at the composition of our away fans today; many are quite young and many would have started going during this period.

Not saying that I want to go back to League 1 but would happily stay at LR.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2015 13:45]
New Stadium on 16:08 - Mar 21 with 3948 viewsSpiritofGregory

New Stadium on 09:17 - Mar 21 by QPR_Jim

A couple of gambles to date which QPR didn't take regarding our ground:

1. Buy the houses behind South Africa Road.
2. Buy the land behind the school end.

I wonder whether if we don't take the opportunity at Old Oak Common whether we'll be sat in a characterless stadium somewhere near Heathrow adding this move to that list. One things for sure we're not going to stay at Loftus Road forever.

Should have bought the White City Stadium.
New Stadium on 17:30 - Mar 21 with 3891 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Stadium on 13:27 - Mar 21 by themodfather

the new ground won't have ROOTS, HEART,MEMORIES
it will have new fans on it;s doorstep, fans who may actually support other clubs and end up turning up at new qpr IF WE WIN games
a new mall and cinema and pizza and franky's!! even a bowling alley but will it = qpr?
but as i have said before the new stadium, won't really be for qpr, it will be for ONE DIRECTION or rod stewart fans , it will be a concert venue more than a football ground...

This sounds like a description of Coventry's plastic monstrosity. Now they play in Northampton or somewhere.
New Stadium on 18:56 - Mar 21 with 3839 viewsDWQPR

New Stadium on 13:40 - Mar 21 by qprewan

No not having that at all; actually the last time we were in League 1 the crowds were feking fantastic; the club sensibly reduced all season ticker prices and the result was a kind of rebirth and without doubt the best atmosphere we have had at LR for decades. Now the singing is largely restricted to Qp and r blocks; back then chants would regularly be sung on 3 sides of the ground; Back then away fans didn't know where to direct their chants, both ends of the Ellerslie had raucous fans as well as the whole of the loft and the 2 blocks of the south Africa stand near the away end.

oh and in our second season didn't we take 33, 000 to Cardiff and 8,000 to Sheffield Weds in our 3rd. So no our crowds didn't "dwindle" they went up and actually if you look at the composition of our away fans today; many are quite young and many would have started going during this period.

Not saying that I want to go back to League 1 but would happily stay at LR.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2015 13:45]

Check around before and after the Vauxhall motors debacle and you will see sub-10,000 crowds as the norm. The season before when we were pony, really pony in Division One we were lucky to get 10,000. If that happened again the crowds would be replicated but this time I couldn't see any way back.

Moving a mile away doesn't mean we are relocating ala old Wimbledon/MK Dons, we will have the same support base and hopefully re-attract many lapsed R's as well as attract new ones aswell.

New Stadium on 21:21 - Mar 21 with 3743 viewsspiritofshittu

New Stadium on 18:56 - Mar 21 by DWQPR

Check around before and after the Vauxhall motors debacle and you will see sub-10,000 crowds as the norm. The season before when we were pony, really pony in Division One we were lucky to get 10,000. If that happened again the crowds would be replicated but this time I couldn't see any way back.

Moving a mile away doesn't mean we are relocating ala old Wimbledon/MK Dons, we will have the same support base and hopefully re-attract many lapsed R's as well as attract new ones aswell.

You're talking rubbish mate our average attendance was over 14,000
New Stadium on 21:35 - Mar 21 with 3720 viewsrichranger

We are not 'New' Queens Park Rangers - we are Queens Park Rangers

Stay where we are or we lose our soul

Simple
New Stadium on 21:39 - Mar 21 with 3717 viewsRuislipHoop

The last four years tell there own story.We are not a premier league club and never will be and moving to a new warehouse with more seats than we can fill will not make us one.
New Stadium on 22:35 - Mar 21 with 3661 viewsDWQPR

New Stadium on 21:21 - Mar 21 by spiritofshittu

You're talking rubbish mate our average attendance was over 14,000

Check this link Genius and look at how many poor attendances there were, especially around the period I stated. Cambridge at home was courtesy of a £5 ticket offer by the way.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/match/index.html?event=11;season=2001%2F02;

New Stadium on 23:17 - Mar 21 with 3634 viewsQPR_John

New Stadium on 21:39 - Mar 21 by RuislipHoop

The last four years tell there own story.We are not a premier league club and never will be and moving to a new warehouse with more seats than we can fill will not make us one.

What is our level in your opinion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024