Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie 13:15 - Jun 14 with 7084 viewsPey

That would be a tremendous achievement for Charlie.
From a bricklayer to one the most famous clubs in the world in 6 years time.

I would say let him have that transfer cause he worked hard for it.
The price would have to be right though.....

How about 13 million and Ricky Lambert in return provided Lambert doesn't want too much cash salary wise ??

Pretty sure Lambert would be still banging them in the Championship.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:23 - Jun 14 with 5741 viewsWeaverQPR

Not sure why Lambert would drop a division, has goals in him at PL level, easily do a good job at a mid table club. Also id imagine his wages are hefty.
Not sure it would be the best move for CA as i can't see him playing every week.

I reckon a couple of seasons knocking them in at say Villa,Everton or Newcastle won't do him any harm, get established then move up again.

@WeavQPR

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:49 - Jun 14 with 5677 viewskingsburyR

Rather he went to Chelsea than Liverpool.

Anyone but Liverpool.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:59 - Jun 14 with 5640 viewsPey

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:23 - Jun 14 by WeaverQPR

Not sure why Lambert would drop a division, has goals in him at PL level, easily do a good job at a mid table club. Also id imagine his wages are hefty.
Not sure it would be the best move for CA as i can't see him playing every week.

I reckon a couple of seasons knocking them in at say Villa,Everton or Newcastle won't do him any harm, get established then move up again.

You got certainly a point there with Charlie playing every week and Lambert maybe unwilling to drop a division and leave his favorite club.

Maybe looking to it with too much of QPR tinted sunglasses there.
However think Lambert could be an amazing signing to complete those three young players we added so far.

Think Glenn Murray could take that role too and would make a more realistic target.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2015 14:00]
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 5568 viewsrsonist

I'd rather Charlie ended up at Southampton to be honest, feels like it would be the least traumatic eventuality.

Then again though if everyone else is taking advantage of Liverpool's generosity with the readies it would be rude not to join in.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:32 - Jun 14 with 5530 viewsDiscodroids

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:59 - Jun 14 by Pey

You got certainly a point there with Charlie playing every week and Lambert maybe unwilling to drop a division and leave his favorite club.

Maybe looking to it with too much of QPR tinted sunglasses there.
However think Lambert could be an amazing signing to complete those three young players we added so far.

Think Glenn Murray could take that role too and would make a more realistic target.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2015 14:00]

i personally think glenn murray would be a better fit re playing style and a more fiscal realistic target than lambert. no doubt lambert would do a good job but the undergoing wage pruning is the best thing that has happened to this club in a long long time , and lambert would buck that trend.

murray for me.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2015 14:35]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:50 - Jun 14 with 5459 viewsLblock

Charlie 2nd favourite with SKY bet to score 1st goal for England today... not even capped!!!

It'll be a wrench to see him and Rem leave for £25mill in two seasons.

With the current market we should've got £50M the pair.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:56 - Jun 14 with 5447 viewsYorkRanger

The noise around signed Gray from Brentford seems to be increasing
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:59 - Jun 14 with 5435 viewsichbinnaughty

Liverpoop can have Charlie for a measly ten mil plus Sterling.

Yeah can see that. Definitely.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 15:01 - Jun 14 with 5418 viewsWeaverQPR

I also rate Gayle from Palace, depending on who they sign i wonder if he would drop down a division.

@WeavQPR

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 15:19 - Jun 14 with 5346 viewsdubaistu

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 14:32 - Jun 14 by Discodroids

i personally think glenn murray would be a better fit re playing style and a more fiscal realistic target than lambert. no doubt lambert would do a good job but the undergoing wage pruning is the best thing that has happened to this club in a long long time , and lambert would buck that trend.

murray for me.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2015 14:35]

We need another 3 strikers, lets get both.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 17:36 - Jun 14 with 5114 viewsganjR

If we sell Charlie to Liverpool and they sell Sterling, then they will be breaking our transfer record (sold fee) twice in the same summer.
How mad would that be if our record sale was for a player who never made a first team appearance and left, what, 5 years ago?
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 18:05 - Jun 14 with 5054 viewsCiderwithRsie

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 13:49 - Jun 14 by kingsburyR

Rather he went to Chelsea than Liverpool.

Anyone but Liverpool.

Au contraire.

Just make sure we have a sell-on clause so we can get a few more million and have a giggle at outraged scousers when he moves on to Man City in a year or two....
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 20:42 - Jun 14 with 4854 viewsSpiritofGregory

His fee just keeps on going up. When clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea enter the race you are talking serious money. When these clubs are interested, the player is viewed as someone who can compete at the highest level.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 21:14 - Jun 14 with 4776 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Good luck to him I say. I just hope he makes his decsion for footballing reasons and not just the dosh.
It would be a shame to see him warmng the bench every week at a top 4 club. Especially considering where he's come from and how hard he hs worked o get there.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 21:28 - Jun 14 with 4731 viewsSpiritofGregory

This is our chance to one and for all shake of the tag of being that club who gets mugged off all the time.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 21:39 - Jun 14 with 4707 viewsGloryHunter

Charlie was never a bricklayer. His dad owns a brick yard. Careless journalistic cliche.

I'll take Ricky Lambert any day. We should have loaned him last January
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 22:08 - Jun 14 with 4639 viewsAntti_Heinola

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 21:39 - Jun 14 by GloryHunter

Charlie was never a bricklayer. His dad owns a brick yard. Careless journalistic cliche.

From a Charlie interview 2 weeks ago...

"Wake up at 5.30am, get to the van at 6am with eight other blokes, drive to Shinfield, which is 45 minutes, start at 7.30am and go through to 4.30pm with two half-hour breaks. Big steel toecaps on, hard hats and a hod — building houses, putting up walls. The rain might be lashing down and by 2pm it would feel like I had a glass back. For 42 and a half hours a week, I got £341.”

Hmmm....

Bare bones.

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 22:14 - Jun 14 with 4625 viewsGloryHunter

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 22:08 - Jun 14 by Antti_Heinola

From a Charlie interview 2 weeks ago...

"Wake up at 5.30am, get to the van at 6am with eight other blokes, drive to Shinfield, which is 45 minutes, start at 7.30am and go through to 4.30pm with two half-hour breaks. Big steel toecaps on, hard hats and a hod — building houses, putting up walls. The rain might be lashing down and by 2pm it would feel like I had a glass back. For 42 and a half hours a week, I got £341.”

Hmmm....

Exactly. He was a hod-carrier, or a labourer, or sweeping up. For his dad's firm. He's said it all before. He wasn't a bricklayer.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 07:26 - Jun 15 with 4485 viewsBluce_Ree

F**k. I fking called this. It would be just typical if he went to my most hated club. Fking Liverpool.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 09:37 - Jun 15 with 4332 viewsTacticalR

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 21:39 - Jun 14 by GloryHunter

So he wouldn't have been able to sort out the 'one brick thick wall' debate? That is disappointing.

Air hostess clique

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 09:56 - Jun 15 with 4294 viewshoof_hearted

Charlie's a good southern boy with a young family.

If all the named clubs make similar offers then he can rule out Chelsea as he'll never play until Costa is injured, Newcastle is a possible, Liverpool would see him on the bench like Lambert (and Carroll before him) so if West Ham make a good bid it's a no brainer. He'd be playing in the Olympic stadium for a well run club and the fans would be right behind him.
Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 11:18 - Jun 15 with 4229 viewsAntti_Heinola

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 22:14 - Jun 14 by GloryHunter

Exactly. He was a hod-carrier, or a labourer, or sweeping up. For his dad's firm. He's said it all before. He wasn't a bricklayer.

Oh I see!
Christ, it's even more important than ever to get that Leveson thing through. Only then will journos make that very important distinction between being a bricklayer and 'putting up walls'.
;)

Bare bones.

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 11:49 - Jun 15 with 4178 viewsDiscodroids

please god, not fackin west ham.

i'll never hear the end of it from the bell's palsy talking out the side of their mouths , paul and shark wearing , fat larrys band listening slags from the east.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 12:22 - Jun 15 with 4129 viewsBluce_Ree

It doesn't matter where he goes. They are all c**ts.

Liverpool would be the worst though. Having to hear those f**king absolute worstc*nts tell me he's not good enough every day. F**K!

I F*CKING HATE EVERYTHING. Unless Greeno stays. That'll be something at least.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 12:23 - Jun 15 with 4120 viewsGloucs_R

Liverpool enter the race to sign Charlie on 12:22 - Jun 15 by Bluce_Ree

It doesn't matter where he goes. They are all c**ts.

Liverpool would be the worst though. Having to hear those f**king absolute worstc*nts tell me he's not good enough every day. F**K!

I F*CKING HATE EVERYTHING. Unless Greeno stays. That'll be something at least.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024