Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next manager... 22:15 - Nov 3 with 36531 viewsGloucs_R

Who do we want that is realistic?

Poll: Are we staying up?

next manager... on 10:35 - Nov 4 with 3003 viewsCHUBBS

next manager... on 09:58 - Nov 4 by NW10Hoop

Well it seems to me as though you're saying the end justifies the means. But to me it's all about the means. We're never gonna be Premier league champions so why continue to compromise on the other stuff that I like about QPR. I'd rather have Charlie Austin than Diego Costa, I'd rather have Clint Hill than John Terry, I'd rather have Michael Doughty than Joey Barton and I'd rather have Chris, Les and Neil than Nigel Pearson, Jose Mourinho or Sam Allardyce even if the latter in all examples are more effective.

I agree we don't want any more big time Charlie's and that's exactly what Pearson would give us,remember he cleared up the expensive mess Sven left behind creating the young dynamic honest team that's currently sitting third in the premier league.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 10:36]
next manager... on 11:30 - Nov 4 with 2944 viewsisawqpratwcity

next manager... on 09:57 - Nov 4 by FDC

Agree with the spirit of what you say, but...

Einstein didn't say that, despite it being attributed to him about twice a week on LFW!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-therapy/200907/the-definition-insanity-i

Yours,
A. Pedant,
Pedantshire
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 9:58]

Thank you. The constant mis-attribution gets on my tits, too.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

next manager... on 11:34 - Nov 4 with 2941 viewsCiderwithRsie

next manager... on 10:35 - Nov 4 by CHUBBS

I agree we don't want any more big time Charlie's and that's exactly what Pearson would give us,remember he cleared up the expensive mess Sven left behind creating the young dynamic honest team that's currently sitting third in the premier league.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 10:36]

we don't want any more big time Charlie's

Apart from Charlie, obviously.
next manager... on 16:26 - Nov 4 with 2838 viewsTheBlob

next manager... on 07:42 - Nov 4 by daveB

why probably Chris Powell?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 7:46]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next manager... on 16:51 - Nov 4 with 2803 viewsrichpr

Anyone over 14
next manager... on 16:57 - Nov 4 with 2795 viewsShunter

Olly & Jackett - they work well together
if not
Derry/Hill and Warnock as a management team - they all love the club
next manager... on 18:45 - Nov 4 with 2733 viewsderbyhoop

What would be the Job Description?

1. You might think you're coming in as manager but your real job title is Head Coach
2. You will report to the Director of Football (DOF) , who reports to an absentee Chairman
3. One week you will be charged with "consolidation", the next week promotion will be the "world" to the Chairman
4. You will have to sell your best players in January or next Summer
5. You won't have much of a budget to sign replacements
6. Your club will still be playing their home games in one of the smallest grounds in the division, in front of a crowd who will very vocally criticise every decision you make.
7. You get to work on an outdated, rented training ground
8. You will be charged with bringing through young players. Even though the club hasn't successfully introduced a single player in the last 10 years
9. The young players will be trained on a completely different site to the first team, so you 'll only get rare opportunities to see what they can do.
10. Your scouting network is on a par with a mid table League 1 club but you will still be expected to discover young, quick, athletic players that you can make better. As soon as they show any real ability the club will sell them for a profit
11. The club is massively in debt so you will be charged with getting costs down and income up
12. You will be paid one of the lowest salaries of any manager/Head Coach in the Championship

Now, how many names were on the shortlist?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

next manager... on 20:17 - Nov 4 with 2683 viewsNW10Hoop

next manager... on 09:58 - Nov 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mate, I think you are my new hero

Yeah it was an "oh fvck it" moment
Login to get fewer ads

next manager... on 20:50 - Nov 4 with 2645 viewsMonahoop

next manager... on 22:33 - Nov 3 by paulparker

Mick McCartney
JFH
Alan Stubbs
Karl Robinson
Mark Warburton
Nigel clough
Lee Johnson
Derek McKinnes
Kenny Jackett
Ainsworth
Olly
Justin Edinburugh
Derry & clint
Uwe Rosler
Di Matteo

Blimey! I thought it was next manager and what have we here? A 16 man management team. Is there a collective term for a group of football managers? Would this collective motley bunch do a good job and give us beleagered R's fans back some semblance of sanity? And which one would we pick on if it all goes pear shaped? Who would be the weakest link?
I wouldn't put it past TF to pull such a collective management stunt. The club is certainly not the fully shilling at present.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

next manager... on 21:02 - Nov 4 with 2623 viewsRickyDicky

Me.

1st team talk.

Get the ball in the other teams net, you're supposed to be footballers

There's guys, girls, sons, daughters, grandchildren shouting your names, have some self pride.

£5000 bonus for every goal you score....each
£10,000 deducted for every goal you concede....each

Now eff off and play.

I don't want to hear sorry' if you lose, have some self pride.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

next manager... on 21:41 - Nov 4 with 2590 viewsderbyhoop

Well now you get your wish.

See my outline Job Description above.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

next manager... on 22:03 - Nov 4 with 2535 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Di Matteo anyone?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

next manager... on 22:04 - Nov 4 with 2529 viewsdoubled

hasselbank or robinson
next manager... on 22:10 - Nov 4 with 2493 viewsw7r

Gary Rowett.
next manager... on 22:13 - Nov 4 with 2477 viewsrosseeles

It'll be sherwood
next manager... on 22:29 - Nov 4 with 2407 viewsDoughnut

Sherwood's an A-hole...so he's probably putting pen to paper, as we speak.
next manager... on 22:32 - Nov 4 with 2394 viewsrosseeles

Suspect we started lining him up as soon as Sherwood left villa. Rather than chasing him this time they wanted to make sure they could get him first. Bet he's in some point over the weekend.
next manager... on 22:33 - Nov 4 with 2389 viewsPeterHucker

get Gareth Ainsworth in.

wont happen obviously, Sherwood is a shoe in
next manager... on 22:52 - Nov 4 with 2335 viewsNW10Hoop

This geezer for the craic?

next manager... on 22:54 - Nov 4 with 2317 viewsessextaxiboy

next manager... on 18:45 - Nov 4 by derbyhoop

What would be the Job Description?

1. You might think you're coming in as manager but your real job title is Head Coach
2. You will report to the Director of Football (DOF) , who reports to an absentee Chairman
3. One week you will be charged with "consolidation", the next week promotion will be the "world" to the Chairman
4. You will have to sell your best players in January or next Summer
5. You won't have much of a budget to sign replacements
6. Your club will still be playing their home games in one of the smallest grounds in the division, in front of a crowd who will very vocally criticise every decision you make.
7. You get to work on an outdated, rented training ground
8. You will be charged with bringing through young players. Even though the club hasn't successfully introduced a single player in the last 10 years
9. The young players will be trained on a completely different site to the first team, so you 'll only get rare opportunities to see what they can do.
10. Your scouting network is on a par with a mid table League 1 club but you will still be expected to discover young, quick, athletic players that you can make better. As soon as they show any real ability the club will sell them for a profit
11. The club is massively in debt so you will be charged with getting costs down and income up
12. You will be paid one of the lowest salaries of any manager/Head Coach in the Championship

Now, how many names were on the shortlist?

You forgot the impending fine ...........
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 22:54]
next manager... on 22:56 - Nov 4 with 2293 viewsHooparoo

next manager... on 22:03 - Nov 4 by RANGERS4EVER

Di Matteo anyone?

Good call. I'm prepared to overlook that he's an ex- scummer.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

next manager... on 23:06 - Nov 4 with 2250 viewsswitchingcode

Uwe Rosler would be a good a good shout,knows the area and div 1 well
next manager... on 23:13 - Nov 4 with 2227 viewsCamberleyR

next manager... on 22:56 - Nov 4 by Hooparoo

Good call. I'm prepared to overlook that he's an ex- scummer.

Wouldn't matter to me. Sexton had been managing the scum for seven years before managing our best ever team to a moral title win.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

next manager... on 00:09 - Nov 5 with 2173 viewsAgedR

next manager... on 11:30 - Nov 4 by isawqpratwcity

Thank you. The constant mis-attribution gets on my tits, too.

Damn you google 🤐

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

next manager... on 00:20 - Nov 5 with 2154 viewstoreqpr

Bob Bradley.......If I confuse u Google .We need to think different!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024