Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill 08:27 - Jan 7 with 3305 viewsngbqpr

....all regulars in Prem teams having better than expected seasons

Who'd have thunk it?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 08:51 - Jan 7 with 2795 viewsRBlock

With Simpson I think we all kind of knew he could be an asset and nobody was that happy when he left. Delaney is an interesting one, but it goes to show the value in an organised well drilled defence; more than the sum of it's parts sort of thing. Tommy Carroll was always a good player. Needed to be used in the right way with better, smarter footballers around him, actually on his wavelength.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 09:13 - Jan 7 with 2740 viewsTonto

most of those players were slagged off on these and other message boards whilst at this club. Delaney in particular...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 09:27 - Jan 7 with 2698 viewsNorthernr

Delaney, we shouldn't forget, was played as a fcking left wing back here when he's obviously a centre half, which is where he plays now. Didn't actually do that badly for us, particularly under Di Canio when he suddenly started scoring goals at the end of marauding runs forward.

Players do well elsewhere, come here and regress, then leave and do well again. What I take from this is QPR is not an environment conducive to success and improving players - unless you're Grant Hall - and/or we're way too critical and harsh on them when they're here. I always quite liked LTC as well, though he got pelters on here. O'Neil is a surprise as he couldn't pass the ball by the time he'd left here - still have nightmares about his thrice attempted backpass in the play off semi final which led to the James McClean dive.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 09:34 - Jan 7 with 2657 viewsDiscodroids

Will one of you Premiership Chaps please take Leroy Fer during January from Queens Park Rangers football club.

He Runs like Duncan Norvelle Chasing Kelly Montieth on 'an audience with Ken Dodd ' Show

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 09:53 - Jan 7 with 2592 viewsQPunkR

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 09:27 - Jan 7 by Northernr

Delaney, we shouldn't forget, was played as a fcking left wing back here when he's obviously a centre half, which is where he plays now. Didn't actually do that badly for us, particularly under Di Canio when he suddenly started scoring goals at the end of marauding runs forward.

Players do well elsewhere, come here and regress, then leave and do well again. What I take from this is QPR is not an environment conducive to success and improving players - unless you're Grant Hall - and/or we're way too critical and harsh on them when they're here. I always quite liked LTC as well, though he got pelters on here. O'Neil is a surprise as he couldn't pass the ball by the time he'd left here - still have nightmares about his thrice attempted backpass in the play off semi final which led to the James McClean dive.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I liked Delaney, and don't forget he got back into the international scene while in his time here. Christmas Carroll? Nah, I'd rather forget him. And O'Neill, well he saved our bacon in the final what with taking one for the team, as well as losing a tooth in battle in the semi final!

QPR - "shit but local"

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:05 - Jan 7 with 2565 viewsLongsufferingR

I wonder how much of it is due to them now playing for close-knit teams who work hard for each other rather than a ragbag of egos, loanees and certain individuals who think they are above their team-mates?
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:09 - Jan 7 with 2554 viewsstevec

Aside of Simpson, who was good here, the rest are symptomatic of what we still see week in, week out, basically us looking out on the pitch and thinking 'is that really his best position?'.

Hall plays no 5, Green plays No 1 but aside of that I could turn up and expect to see any other player playing in any number of positions.

No 10, don't get me started, I swear the entire midfield draws straws an hour before kick off.

No way to run a club.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:11 - Jan 7 with 2550 viewspaulparker

Out of that lot only Simpson & Delaney were decent here
Watson is a funny one he started of well in that sept/oct when we crushed Barnsley, Derby, Reading,Preston, he was also MOM away at Newcastle
then when the wheels came off against Leicester & Boro , he went missing very quickly
maybe he was promised a permanent deal and it never happened, shame,
O'Neil was terrible here , I don't get the adulation he gets by QPR fans, he hacked someone down after giving the ball away, big deal ,if we had lost he would be regarded as one of the worst players ever ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:26 - Jan 7 with 2523 viewsadhoc_qpr

Delaney was good here despite playing left back and took advantage of Palace going up expectedly to prove himself as effective in the prem Clint Hill style.

Simpson was also good but a victim of 'Arry's hare brained 3-5-2 plan.

Carroll showed some class but was young and light weight, he seems to have toughened up and suits playing in a better team.

Watson has always been a solid top half championship/bottom half prem type player.

O'Neill is the surprise, from his performances in the last few months of our promotion season he looked awful (but apart from Ravel so did everyone).
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 2484 viewsGloryHunter

Zarate. Not good enough for us, now playing well and scoring for West Ham.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:53 - Jan 7 with 2443 viewssimmo

Simpson would still be here playing exceptionally well at RB if 'Arry hadn't fcked him off to replace him with a loaned wing back that couldn't speak English. Cheers 'Arry, you fckin helmet.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:58 - Jan 7 with 2425 viewsNorthernr

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:53 - Jan 7 by simmo

Simpson would still be here playing exceptionally well at RB if 'Arry hadn't fcked him off to replace him with a loaned wing back that couldn't speak English. Cheers 'Arry, you fckin helmet.

And then decided a game and a half later that we wouldn't play with wing backs after all, leaving us to spend the entire season with Isla struggling out of position at right back.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 2421 viewsNorthernr

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:11 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Out of that lot only Simpson & Delaney were decent here
Watson is a funny one he started of well in that sept/oct when we crushed Barnsley, Derby, Reading,Preston, he was also MOM away at Newcastle
then when the wheels came off against Leicester & Boro , he went missing very quickly
maybe he was promised a permanent deal and it never happened, shame,
O'Neil was terrible here , I don't get the adulation he gets by QPR fans, he hacked someone down after giving the ball away, big deal ,if we had lost he would be regarded as one of the worst players ever ,

I think that's the point being made isn't it? They were all mostly quite poor here, and yet they're now doing well elsewhere in the Premier League. Why is that?
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:07 - Jan 7 with 2398 viewsQPunkR

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:00 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I think that's the point being made isn't it? They were all mostly quite poor here, and yet they're now doing well elsewhere in the Premier League. Why is that?

Fkn Ramsey!!!

QPR - "shit but local"

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:16 - Jan 7 with 2386 viewsRBlock

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 10:58 - Jan 7 by Northernr

And then decided a game and a half later that we wouldn't play with wing backs after all, leaving us to spend the entire season with Isla struggling out of position at right back.

And then complained that we are too open because we had no natural right backs.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:17 - Jan 7 with 2382 viewsjohnhoop

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:07 - Jan 7 by QPunkR

Fkn Ramsey!!!

But it goes back a very long way before Ramsey doesn't it? Apart from NW we have had a succession of managers who have produced teams that fail to get the best out of the players that those teams contain. Teams that amount to considerably less than the sum of their constituent parts. Whereas teams like Leicester and Bournemouth do far better than you'd expect considering the players they've got,we somehow manage to do far worse.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:19 - Jan 7 with 2374 viewsNorthernr

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:16 - Jan 7 by RBlock

And then complained that we are too open because we had no natural right backs.

I do miss him
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:24 - Jan 7 with 2350 viewsjohnhoop

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:19 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I do miss him

And I think a lot of us miss your running commentary on the Friday "pressers".
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:25 - Jan 7 with 2347 viewsfrancisbowles

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:19 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I do miss him

I miss your reports of his press conferences.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:28 - Jan 7 with 2332 viewswhittocksRs

Wouldn't exactly say Carroll is playing well for Tottenham. He's played a couple of games in a team brimming with confidence and done okay. Not a player for me, was rubbish while here.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:35 - Jan 7 with 2308 viewssimmo

the latest from Redknapp being that he listed QPR as the biggest disappointment of 2015. The team he left in January after they wouldn't give him another £40m to spend.

He's a parody of himself these days.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 14:30 - Jan 7 with 2071 viewscyprusmel

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:28 - Jan 7 by whittocksRs

Wouldn't exactly say Carroll is playing well for Tottenham. He's played a couple of games in a team brimming with confidence and done okay. Not a player for me, was rubbish while here.

I don't think LTC was rubbish, my memory of him was that he always gave 100% and never hid and when he made a mistake always went looking for the ball again which is more than you can say about some of our so called stars.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 14:31 - Jan 7 with 2068 viewsNorthernr

Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 11:25 - Jan 7 by francisbowles

I miss your reports of his press conferences.

Oh yeh, the "racist" ones
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 14:34 - Jan 7 with 2055 viewsrsonist

Carroll is getting literally the exact same reviews as he did when he played for us. Half the Spurs mob think he's the maestro, the other half a passenger.
Simpson, Watson, Delaney, Carroll, O'Neill on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 2044 viewsrsonist

Delaney alongside Gabbidon lest we forget. Goes to show you can organise anything.

Palace couldn't repeat the trick for Mutch and McCarthy though. Caulker next hopefully.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024