Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA women's team demand equal pay! 00:19 - Apr 1 with 20363 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35937077

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 00:30 - Apr 1 with 16758 viewsOakR

Seems fair enough to me if they bring in as much revenue as the men, as the article says.

Poll: Will we stay up?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 08:48 - Apr 1 with 16648 viewsMrSheen

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 00:30 - Apr 1 by OakR

Seems fair enough to me if they bring in as much revenue as the men, as the article says.

They are the pinnacle of a girl's game in their country. Apparently, the most watched Olympic events in the US are women's figure skating and women's gymnastics.
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 09:11 - Apr 1 with 16628 viewsTacticalR

Holloway, I thought you were all for women.

Air hostess clique

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 09:16 - Apr 1 with 16623 viewssimmo

Why the 'face smack' smiley, OP? Seems exactly right that they shoul get the money - they are the best in tthe world whilst the mens team are mostly shite!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 09:29 - Apr 1 with 16605 viewsDiscodroids

It is my scientific analysis that Id rather have a Sellafields irradiated graphite carbon rod thrust up my shitbox than watch womens football.

Womens Football..in a nutshell, its Old Carthusians vs Thames old iron works on Vagimus Ointment. Thrushtastic.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 09:52 - Apr 1 with 16584 viewsJuzzie

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 09:29 - Apr 1 by Discodroids

It is my scientific analysis that Id rather have a Sellafields irradiated graphite carbon rod thrust up my shitbox than watch womens football.

Womens Football..in a nutshell, its Old Carthusians vs Thames old iron works on Vagimus Ointment. Thrushtastic.

It does have one advantage though;

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:01 - Apr 1 with 16571 viewsEastR

I wonder if the people who think that this argument is justified also believe that every player in the Championship should be on the same contract.? Or applied across all the divisions the FL? In a similar vein should, all the players in the women’s PL in this country be on the same pay as their counterparts in the men’s?

Irrespective of their relative success in their own competitions, they're clearly not 'equal'.

This is just another example of where gender equality debate (or apparent lack of) transcends any contextual and economic arguments, and just panders to political correctness gone mad.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:17 - Apr 1 with 16545 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:01 - Apr 1 by EastR

I wonder if the people who think that this argument is justified also believe that every player in the Championship should be on the same contract.? Or applied across all the divisions the FL? In a similar vein should, all the players in the women’s PL in this country be on the same pay as their counterparts in the men’s?

Irrespective of their relative success in their own competitions, they're clearly not 'equal'.

This is just another example of where gender equality debate (or apparent lack of) transcends any contextual and economic arguments, and just panders to political correctness gone mad.

On the face of it, this is clear - they actually deserve more than their less successful counterparts, as they're clearly not equal.

How it is regulated and policed is another matter, of course. They may have chance in the U.S. though where sports is highly regulated - reverse draft orders, collective bargaining agreements, luxury taxes etc.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:28 - Apr 1 with 16528 viewsMvpeter

I agree.

Combine all leagues and then pay the best athletes regardless of gender.

This atrocious discrimination in which women have been artificially propped up despite being inferior at the sport than many men who don't get to play on TV.

Joking I don't want them combined but it makes me laugh at how they can complain when they are the beneficiaries of the discrimination. You see it time and again.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:32 - Apr 1 with 16514 viewsTheBlob

As acting President of the Aberystwyth Underwater Wrestling Federation my members(ooer) are demanding equal pay with the WWE,after all we pack out the beaches every second sunday after Septuagesima.Mind you,there's not many people realise what's going on - maybe they're after the donkey rides

(ooer)

Poll: So how was the season for you?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:34 - Apr 1 with 16511 viewsEastR

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:17 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

On the face of it, this is clear - they actually deserve more than their less successful counterparts, as they're clearly not equal.

How it is regulated and policed is another matter, of course. They may have chance in the U.S. though where sports is highly regulated - reverse draft orders, collective bargaining agreements, luxury taxes etc.

their least successful counterparts are playing in a more successful (wealth generating) competitive environment. Sadly for them, the women, their greater proportion relative to their success still amounts to less than the smaller proportion of the more viable competition.
That's not inequality, that's economics.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:37 - Apr 1 with 16498 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:34 - Apr 1 by EastR

their least successful counterparts are playing in a more successful (wealth generating) competitive environment. Sadly for them, the women, their greater proportion relative to their success still amounts to less than the smaller proportion of the more viable competition.

Yes, that's probably true too, in fairness.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:42 - Apr 1 with 16493 viewsrobith

Inequality is a product of economic and social policy though.

Society tells us women are inferior = people deride female sports = don't get the same support to improve = people justifying the original position

Inequality and economics are completely entwined, not mutually exclusive
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:47 - Apr 1 with 16471 viewsrobith

You know that political correctness means treating people with dignity and respect right? Not turning the yoke of your own privilege onto those who get a worse deal through sexism and racism etc. Economics are intrinsically linked to this, not some abstract force that work on its own through magic.

It's treating people with dignity and respect gone mad!
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:48 - Apr 1 with 16463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a similar discussion starting in Ireland re Gaelic Games. In the last fifteen years or so women's football and hurling (camogie) have reached similar physical and technical levels to the men's.

These are amateur sports so the discussion is about expenses, training facilities and possible endorsement deals. Respect, really.

They also face the same 'chicken and egg' situation as the U.S. women, it seems - crowds are low because they're not taken or treated seriously, so treat them seriously Vs when the crowds improve they'll deserve to be treated more seriously.

I really don't know enough about the issue and must learn more.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:55 - Apr 1 with 16450 viewsrobith

Also economics is not some absolute force. What system? macro? micro? monetarist? chicago school? Freidman? Keynesian? Piketty and Stiglitz?
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:59 - Apr 1 with 16439 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Political Correctness Gone Mad'

HOUSE!
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:59 - Apr 1 with 16435 viewsTheBlob

You don't have to "paper the house" with free tickets at the men's World Cup Final.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:02 - Apr 1 with 16426 viewsDiscodroids

distinct whiff of an untreated yeast infection drifting on the high winds from this thread.

despite not having a pleasure button, i claim my FGM safe space from its foul content.

Bingo.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 11:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:03 - Apr 1 with 16415 viewsTheBlob

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:55 - Apr 1 by robith

Also economics is not some absolute force. What system? macro? micro? monetarist? chicago school? Freidman? Keynesian? Piketty and Stiglitz?

Oh god you started him off,it'll be the whole content of Das Kapital in a minute.

Happy now?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:05 - Apr 1 with 16411 viewssimmo

Yeah good point well made. I do think though the the more successful counterparts receiving less just because they are in a less supported league seems unfair, but I am not sure it's inherently down to the fact that they are female
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 11:09]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:20 - Apr 1 with 16372 viewskensalriser

"One of the lawyers representing the players, Jeffrey Kessler, said the women's game generated more income for US Soccer than the men's."

So they are earning more for their employer than another group of employees, but getting paid less.

What's the argument they shouldn't be paid more?

Comparisons with club football are spurious, since this is the (collectively bargained) national team.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:47 - Apr 1 with 16329 viewsnadera78

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:20 - Apr 1 by kensalriser

"One of the lawyers representing the players, Jeffrey Kessler, said the women's game generated more income for US Soccer than the men's."

So they are earning more for their employer than another group of employees, but getting paid less.

What's the argument they shouldn't be paid more?

Comparisons with club football are spurious, since this is the (collectively bargained) national team.

Exactly, this is nothing to do with the leagues they play in, this is about their wages for playing for the national team.

If it's true that the women generate a higher income for US Soccer than the men do, then why should they get paid less?
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 11:58 - Apr 1 with 16315 viewsEastR

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:55 - Apr 1 by robith

Let’s try Economics for Dummies — Chapter 1: Supply and Demand as applied to micro economic theory, pertaining to wages in the labour market, or pricing and aggregate supply/demand in the macroeconomic context. Take your pick.

However, I intend to retire now from this discussion and focus my efforts in campaigning for those suffering indignity and inequality everywhere, starting with the poor squad members (the men and women) in our own club on vastly inferior wages to some of their peers, and the ladies and gentlemen of the support staff who deserve to be remunerated in line with their colleagues on the playing staff.
They too must have a voice.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 12:39 - Apr 1 with 16275 viewsOakR

I don't really understand your argument.

If the women's team get their national association as much or more if revenue than the men's team why should they be paid less? What's the argument for that happening?

In England this would never apply due to the huge differences in revenue the teams brought in, but the US is very different.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024