Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to give youth a start 10:24 - Apr 4 with 6371 viewsonlyrinmoray

Surely its time Petrasso Washington Gladwin plus who ever else is available should get a chance at home games at least. The season is over and I notice even Hiddink up the road is doing this
If we lose we just have to accept it. Petrasso for Phillips is an obvious one.
Time to give youth a start on 10:30 - Apr 4 with 5105 viewsHooparoo

Agree with all that. May as well use the remaining fixtures as "competitive" friendlies.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Time to give youth a start on 10:49 - Apr 4 with 5076 viewsadhoc_qpr

El Khayati needs to start as well, especially given that Phillips is mentally somewhere else.

I wouldn't advocate chucking them all in together, that's what we do in cup games and it never works!

But they should all get some meaningful game time surrounded by the proper first team to see what they can do. The only good side to losing on Friday was that any mutterings of playoffs are now gone (because there was no chance even before losing to Boro).
Time to give youth a start on 10:50 - Apr 4 with 5072 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think this a great shout, but the flaw in the plan is the 'if we lose we just have to accept it' part.

People on here lost their shit on Friday.
Time to give youth a start on 10:57 - Apr 4 with 5049 viewspaulparker

Totally agree

no point in playing Angella if we are not going to sign him, play Ned & Hall for the remaining games at centre back , build the partnership for next year
give furlong a few games and get Robinson playing at Left back

also time to drop Henry , yes he has done ok the last few games but he isn't the future
him and Faurlin/Toszer are the slowest pairing in the league and keep getting overrun when we play half decent teams
Doherty should be playing with Luango or why not try Gladwin there

Wide areas we need to give petrasso a run, at least he helps the fullback unlike Phillips who cant be ar sed to put a leg out to stop a cross, seriously if Phillips wins a 50-50 ball between now and the end of the season il have his face tattooed on my arse
El khayite also needs games to get used to this division, same as Washington
hoilett isn't going to stay so its time to drop him all together

we have nothing to play for anymore so lets just go out and play these lads

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to give youth a start on 11:03 - Apr 4 with 5055 viewsHooparoo

Time to give youth a start on 10:57 - Apr 4 by paulparker

Totally agree

no point in playing Angella if we are not going to sign him, play Ned & Hall for the remaining games at centre back , build the partnership for next year

also time to drop Henry , yes he has done ok the last few games but he isn't the future
him and Faurlin/Toszer are the slowest pairing in the league and keep getting overrun when we play half decent teams

Wide areas we need to give petrasso a run, at least he helps the fullback unlike Phillips who cant be ar sed to put a leg out to stop a cross, seriously if Phillips wins a 50-50 ball between now and the end of the season il have his face tattooed on my arse

Agree with all that. Also recall all the loans if we can.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Time to give youth a start on 11:06 - Apr 4 with 5041 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Time to give youth a start on 10:57 - Apr 4 by paulparker

Totally agree

Doherty is no longer a QPR player.

EDIT That's rubbish he's on loan. My mistake.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 11:07]
Time to give youth a start on 11:19 - Apr 4 with 5019 viewsaston_hoop

I'm sure there will be plenty of rotation in the coming weeks. Jimmy has said Gladwin will play a part. Would expect El Khayati and Washington to feature heavily too since they're Jimmy's men. If we are going to Jettison Hoilett in the summer, there is no point in him playing now (unless they really haven't decided and are negotiating a big pay cut with him). Phillips I'd be tempted to cut our losses, we know what he can and can't do. Petrasso should get a go as he cannot be less effective at the moment. Would imagine Robinson will be involved soon too. Guessing Doughty is off in the summer. I suppose Furlong stays on loan where he is playing regularly but maybe Cole Kpekawa will get a go if he is rated by Jimmy. And of course when these guys don't immediately click and be world beaters, Warnock will be the answer to whatever the question is as with every defeat.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Time to give youth a start on 11:34 - Apr 4 with 4989 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well, when it was clear we weren't going down a few games back, I think I posted on here something about us effectively being in the close season now and how we should be using the last 10 or so games as it then was, to give yoof a chance.

We have feck all to play for, now would seem as good a time as any to unleash the pups of war and let's see what we've got. I agree with one poster above who said, our fans would go mad if we lost a nondescript game, but we cannot run a club properly based on trying to ensure we don't upset a few numpties.

Unless JFH has already formed a view that certain yoof players are not up to it, then so be it. However, seeing as the current Premiership leaders comprises a rag-tag bunch of cast offs, who really knows?

I'd be looking to try out Kepawa (or how ever you spell it) and Robinson (assuming he is fit). I'd also think now would be worth looking at Furlong and shift Ned or Perch in alongside Hall. As good as Angela looks, if he is not here next year then no point playing him now. I'd also give Ingram some action as well.

I mean f..k it, why not?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to give youth a start on 12:28 - Apr 4 with 4932 viewsjohncharles

Definitely agree we should be playing as many youngsters as poss between now and the end of the season but gradually. Two or three severe hidings will do nothing for their confidence.

Strong and stable my arse.

Time to give youth a start on 12:31 - Apr 4 with 4920 viewsNW10Hoop

Not sure I agree that we should be bringing in 5 or 6 youngsters who only have a handful of minutes of first time football this season. A team that's performing pretty well generally might suffer from such wholesale changes, and bearing mind loads of the team are already ones for next season and beyond - Luongo, Smithies, Hall, Polter, Chery for example - you don't want their progress to suffer.

Imagine if we went

Smithies

Perch, Ned, Hall, Robinson

Gladwin, Luongo, Chery, El Khayati

Polter Washington

against Leeds and got tonked 5-0.

Players that are completely off the boil (like Matt Phillips) could be dropped for players that have a point to prove though, and if we get to see Robinson for a two or 3 games that would be good. Other than that I'd just like to see JFH make his substitutions early in the second half and give the new/young players a good 30 minute a game to make an impression
Time to give youth a start on 12:43 - Apr 4 with 4886 viewspaulparker

Time to give youth a start on 12:31 - Apr 4 by NW10Hoop

Not sure I agree that we should be bringing in 5 or 6 youngsters who only have a handful of minutes of first time football this season. A team that's performing pretty well generally might suffer from such wholesale changes, and bearing mind loads of the team are already ones for next season and beyond - Luongo, Smithies, Hall, Polter, Chery for example - you don't want their progress to suffer.

Imagine if we went

Smithies

Perch, Ned, Hall, Robinson

Gladwin, Luongo, Chery, El Khayati

Polter Washington

against Leeds and got tonked 5-0.

Players that are completely off the boil (like Matt Phillips) could be dropped for players that have a point to prove though, and if we get to see Robinson for a two or 3 games that would be good. Other than that I'd just like to see JFH make his substitutions early in the second half and give the new/young players a good 30 minute a game to make an impression

So when is a good time to play these players ?
if you can't do it with 6 or 7 games left and nothing to play for you will never do it
if we give Gladwin 5 or 6 games and he is gash then we know he isn't what we need next year
Robinson, Petrasso , Washington & El Kahayite need games, they need experience in this division
if we get beat we get beat , if we do then those players have to show character and come back stronger the next week , a lot to do with winning this league is character and in the head you need strong players for a full championship campaign

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Time to give youth a start on 13:03 - Apr 4 with 4848 viewsraskolnikov

Loanees all seemed to have a fairly crap weekend, but maybe one or two gems in there - think Comley could be pushing next season. He and Furlong should be back with last 5 games to go and used as subs.

Petrasso, El Khayati, Washington, Luongo, Kpekawa, Robinson, Gladwin are all (probably) here for next season so should be featuring.

Can see Doughty doing the same as Ehmer, enjoying first team football a rung down and staying with it.

Not sure about the likes of Manning - due a loan next season?
Time to give youth a start on 13:08 - Apr 4 with 4836 viewsNW10Hoop

Time to give youth a start on 12:43 - Apr 4 by paulparker

So when is a good time to play these players ?
if you can't do it with 6 or 7 games left and nothing to play for you will never do it
if we give Gladwin 5 or 6 games and he is gash then we know he isn't what we need next year
Robinson, Petrasso , Washington & El Kahayite need games, they need experience in this division
if we get beat we get beat , if we do then those players have to show character and come back stronger the next week , a lot to do with winning this league is character and in the head you need strong players for a full championship campaign

All I'm saying is, that I could see an argument for making a change for tomorrow night, then another in a couple of games, and another a couple of games after that.

I also think we should have started to do that a touch earlier in the season, but I think the club might still have been hanging onto the extremely slight hope of a playoff place until the defeat on Friday.

Our centre backs seem to grow in confidence next to Clint Hill (i know he hasn't played in a little while), Our attacking threat looks better when Ale is taking the corners, I'd even argue that Polter has more chance of being effective when the opposition defence have to worry about Junior Hoilett running at them.

Full backs look better if they aren't playing behind Matt Phillips - an argument for dropping him for a while and blooding one of the other wide players though.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 13:11]
Time to give youth a start on 13:30 - Apr 4 with 4769 viewsMvpeter

Can we at least play our young players if they are better than those playing? I.E Smithies/Green

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Time to give youth a start on 14:01 - Apr 4 with 4721 viewsJuzzie

I don't mind giving the youngsters a chance but if we play weakened teams against clubs who are vying for promotion or fighting relegation then it would not be fair on their rivals.

We currently have 5 out of our last 7 games that this would apply; Charlton, Cardiff, Brighton, Burnley & Bristol City.

So, IMO, we should only play a weakened team against Leeds an Reading.

There may be an element of 'so what' but if we were in one of these positions and we found out our rivals opponents were playing against weakened teams, I don't think we'd be too happy?
Time to give youth a start on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 4646 viewsDiscodroids

Agree in totality with the OP.

Gladwin, Washington, Petrasso, Chery and El Khayati barring nuclear Armageddon Should play some part in all the remaining matches. Hopefully Robinson can fit 2/3 games in.

Id use Ned as a centre back only.Never at right back again.

He has all the skill, style and grace of General Urko from Planet of the Apes Rumping Mrs Urko on a bed of straw.

Ned and Hall for the rest of the season at Centre Back.

Despite the Promotion winning season with Watford, i feel that the physicality of the championship is too much for Angella and Toszer who are overwhelmed far to easily.

Perch and Robinson to hopefully share the burden and remainder of the season at left back.
id very much like to see Furlong back at right back for the last few games.

I know it will go down like Dirk Diggler at a feminist whist drive but Polter, IMO, just isnt good enough. Would like to see Washington paired up with someone else next season.

if i had a wish list of plausible purchases in the summer then Striker Waghorn and the right back James Tervernier from Rangers, and either Craig bryson from Derby or Henri Lansbury from Forest. Keemer Roofe looks capable but not sure where he would fit in with Chery already here.

Other than that, as you were JFH.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 14:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to give youth a start on 14:58 - Apr 4 with 4622 viewspaulparker

Time to give youth a start on 14:45 - Apr 4 by Discodroids

Agree in totality with the OP.

Gladwin, Washington, Petrasso, Chery and El Khayati barring nuclear Armageddon Should play some part in all the remaining matches. Hopefully Robinson can fit 2/3 games in.

Id use Ned as a centre back only.Never at right back again.

He has all the skill, style and grace of General Urko from Planet of the Apes Rumping Mrs Urko on a bed of straw.

Ned and Hall for the rest of the season at Centre Back.

Despite the Promotion winning season with Watford, i feel that the physicality of the championship is too much for Angella and Toszer who are overwhelmed far to easily.

Perch and Robinson to hopefully share the burden and remainder of the season at left back.
id very much like to see Furlong back at right back for the last few games.

I know it will go down like Dirk Diggler at a feminist whist drive but Polter, IMO, just isnt good enough. Would like to see Washington paired up with someone else next season.

if i had a wish list of plausible purchases in the summer then Striker Waghorn and the right back James Tervernier from Rangers, and either Craig bryson from Derby or Henri Lansbury from Forest. Keemer Roofe looks capable but not sure where he would fit in with Chery already here.

Other than that, as you were JFH.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 14:48]

Tavernier would be a great signing to play Right back , ive been banging on about him all season, Disco , also Jazzy B's lad Romeo has been getting good reviews at Millwall , he could be a good signing as well as Lee Gregory
midfield is where we are struggling , anytime we play either Henry/Faurlin/Toszer in a combo we get outrun and out paced , maybe Westwood at Villa or cairney at Fulham might be a solution to play with Luango
I have to say im in different on Polter I like his attitude and the fact he puts himself about but a goal scorer he isn't , I think we need to pair up him and Washington for a few games and see how we go

Time to give youth a start on 15:09 - Apr 4 with 4607 viewsDiscodroids

Time to give youth a start on 14:58 - Apr 4 by paulparker

Tavernier would be a great signing to play Right back , ive been banging on about him all season, Disco , also Jazzy B's lad Romeo has been getting good reviews at Millwall , he could be a good signing as well as Lee Gregory
midfield is where we are struggling , anytime we play either Henry/Faurlin/Toszer in a combo we get outrun and out paced , maybe Westwood at Villa or cairney at Fulham might be a solution to play with Luango
I have to say im in different on Polter I like his attitude and the fact he puts himself about but a goal scorer he isn't , I think we need to pair up him and Washington for a few games and see how we go

All good points mate. God loves a trier and Polter is all that and more.

I see him as a poor mans David Cross.Never more than half a dozen goals a season in him , IMO, Although I like him immensely. I love' a character' in life and he is certainly one.

Centre Midfield is in desperate need of surgery . Its well known on here my contempt for Henry as a professional football player but i wouldnt be adverse to keeping him in the starting eleven for the rest of the season and pair him with one from Gladwin/ Luongo .

Im keen to see both develop via as much game time as possible , and the old Oliver Postgate book end, Henry, is the most suitable player we have on our books to Help them do that in the remaining games.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 15:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Time to give youth a start on 15:34 - Apr 4 with 4564 viewspaulparker

Time to give youth a start on 15:09 - Apr 4 by Discodroids

All good points mate. God loves a trier and Polter is all that and more.

I see him as a poor mans David Cross.Never more than half a dozen goals a season in him , IMO, Although I like him immensely. I love' a character' in life and he is certainly one.

Centre Midfield is in desperate need of surgery . Its well known on here my contempt for Henry as a professional football player but i wouldnt be adverse to keeping him in the starting eleven for the rest of the season and pair him with one from Gladwin/ Luongo .

Im keen to see both develop via as much game time as possible , and the old Oliver Postgate book end, Henry, is the most suitable player we have on our books to Help them do that in the remaining games.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 15:20]

If Polter is a poor mans David Cross does that make Phillips a poor mans Franz Carr ?

Time to give youth a start on 15:49 - Apr 4 with 4543 viewsEsox_Lucius

Time to give youth a start on 10:50 - Apr 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think this a great shout, but the flaw in the plan is the 'if we lose we just have to accept it' part.

Spot on! We lost narrowly (should have been 3-3) to a team that will finish in the autos probably and every QPR forum and group on FB was screaming for everyone to be got rid of, get Barton & Warnock back. Bring back the 74 team and all sorts of utter bollocks. Imagine putting the youth and bit part layers in against Charlton and losing? JFH can play who ever he likes until the end of the season and it won't bother me, I am hoping the game plan for next season is already in full swing and has allowances for transfer embargoes and very low salary caps included. A steady few seasons in mid table is about as much as I am expecting until all the financial carnage is cleared away and we get back on a steady footing. It may be too late then for us to ever mount a serious challenge on the EPL but you can only hope.

The grass is always greener.

Time to give youth a start on 15:51 - Apr 4 with 4539 viewsJuzzie

Time to give youth a start on 15:34 - Apr 4 by paulparker

If Polter is a poor mans David Cross does that make Phillips a poor mans Franz Carr ?

[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 15:51]
Time to give youth a start on 15:52 - Apr 4 with 4527 viewsJuzzie

Time to give youth a start on 10:50 - Apr 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yup, the usual "what does Les do" re-surfaced too. Funny it didn't appear when we won three on the trot at home and was a minute from winning at Preston.
Time to give youth a start on 16:34 - Apr 4 with 4465 viewsMvpeter

Effort levels from some weren't great on Friday tbf. I doubt we'll see that from the youngsters.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Time to give youth a start on 16:53 - Apr 4 with 4440 viewsDorse

It sounds like we have an accord...

I agree wholeheartedly that we have to try these players and actually see whether they are the real deal, raw deal, deal or no deal, or whatever. Don't try your legal mumbo-jumbo on me.

Petrasso has been touted as an option for a couple of seasons, Furlong and Kpekawa have have starts and looked decent prospects, Doughty couldn't possibly be any worse than Henry (QPR contributions taken as a whole), and Hai Karate and DC are definitely in with a shout. Give them a go - we can't keep saying 'they need experience' if we don't give them any.

I would quite happily take a few losses if it meant we get these prospects into the side. And keep Fer et al out.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Time to give youth a start on 18:45 - Apr 4 with 4370 viewsderbyhoop

Let's forget about the loanees. As I recall, Doughty, Furlong, Comley, Mulraney and Sutherland are all loan until the end of the season.

In any case, if we are going to use the younger players, we have enough here already with Washington, Robinson, El Khayati and Petrasso. As much as I want to see the youngsters given a chance I don't want to see wholesale influx of players who may/may not be up to the job.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024