Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 558634 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 08:11 - Jun 3 with 5209 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm really enjoying 'The Roman Empire' having just re-read Tom Holland's 'Dynasty' and 'In The Shadow Of the Sword'.

I started at series 3 and am working back as I didn't realise the first one Netfix gave me was the latest.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 08:40 - Jun 3 with 5186 viewsPhildo

4 episodes into This Much I know on sky atlantic - Mark Ruffalo playing twins is very good in it but it is not a show to cheer you up
Half decent tv on 13:31 - Jun 3 with 5122 viewsMrSheen

One that I haven't seen mentioned...I'm trying Prime's "Le Bureau", a Canal + series about French anti-terrorism. You can see why there's no budget left for Laure and her boys in Spiral, le Bureau have taken it all. It's finally getting going after a slow start, but the most staggering thing about it is that the CIA's man in Paris (I think) is played by Buddy Garrity.
Half decent tv on 13:42 - Jun 3 with 5106 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:31 - Jun 3 by MrSheen

One that I haven't seen mentioned...I'm trying Prime's "Le Bureau", a Canal + series about French anti-terrorism. You can see why there's no budget left for Laure and her boys in Spiral, le Bureau have taken it all. It's finally getting going after a slow start, but the most staggering thing about it is that the CIA's man in Paris (I think) is played by Buddy Garrity.

Thanks for the reminder. Had wondered about that.

I still haven't found anywhere to watch Spiral. Do you hate me? Am I terrible?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 13:45 - Jun 3 with 5102 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 13:42 - Jun 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the reminder. Had wondered about that.

I still haven't found anywhere to watch Spiral. Do you hate me? Am I terrible?

I feel pity not hatred, but also envy that you are yet to experience the joy of Fleurot. i saw it on BBC4, not sure what your options are in Ireland.
Half decent tv on 16:29 - Jun 3 with 5071 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:45 - Jun 3 by MrSheen

I feel pity not hatred, but also envy that you are yet to experience the joy of Fleurot. i saw it on BBC4, not sure what your options are in Ireland.

I've ordered the DVD's. Only job.

Half decent tv on 17:08 - Jun 3 with 5045 viewsjohnhoop

Pretty sure I mentioned it quite a few pages back as it’s one of the best things I’ve seen for a long time. We had an Amazon Prime subscription for a couple of months and watched all the best stuff we could find, which for me was “The Expanse, which I’ve seen recommended a lot on here, Bosch and The Bureau. Must confess to not knowing who Buddy Garrity is but the Bureau gets better and better as it goes along.
Half decent tv on 17:24 - Jun 3 with 5043 viewsPinnerPaul

Apology if repeated but not looked at whole thread.

Grayson Perry's Art Club has been informative, funny, moving and thought provoking - great series.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 17:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 5038 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 17:08 - Jun 3 by johnhoop

Pretty sure I mentioned it quite a few pages back as it’s one of the best things I’ve seen for a long time. We had an Amazon Prime subscription for a couple of months and watched all the best stuff we could find, which for me was “The Expanse, which I’ve seen recommended a lot on here, Bosch and The Bureau. Must confess to not knowing who Buddy Garrity is but the Bureau gets better and better as it goes along.

Only the Dillon Panthers' #1 Booster!

Half decent tv on 22:51 - Jun 3 with 5004 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watched the first episode of The Bureau, Sheener. Encouraging characters.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:51]

Half decent tv on 22:55 - Jun 3 with 4994 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 22:51 - Jun 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Just watched the first episode of The Bureau, Sheener. Encouraging characters.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:51]

Apologies to JH for missing his recommendation. Stick with it Brian, it really accelerated after a slow start.
Half decent tv on 01:43 - Jun 4 with 4976 viewsmarkrtid

Matt Berry V Luke Skywalker.

Now that's intellectual laid back viewing.
It's not a f#kin competition.
Half decent tv on 05:05 - Jun 4 with 4952 viewsKiwi76

Half decent tv on 01:43 - Jun 4 by markrtid

Matt Berry V Luke Skywalker.

Now that's intellectual laid back viewing.
It's not a f#kin competition.

Liking this - especially Colin the energy vampire.
Can definitely hear Conchords style humour in dialogue.
Half decent tv on 06:42 - Jun 4 with 4935 viewsnix

I watched Le bureau after seeing it recommended here and really enjoyed the first two series, only to find series 3 and 4 are not on Amazon Prime, so you have to pay for them. Very miffed!
Half decent tv on 05:51 - Jun 6 with 4854 viewsLadbrokeR

So lockdown has found me binge watching Netflix box sets. Infact I’ve actively avoided terrestrial tv not least because Brexit seems like a commercial break compared to the pandemic coverage.

Designated survivor 3 series
Ozark 3 series
Queen of the south 4 series
Gangs of London

I’m now on series 2 of money heist.
Half decent tv on 13:16 - Jun 6 with 4816 viewsLblock

Half decent tv on 05:51 - Jun 6 by LadbrokeR

So lockdown has found me binge watching Netflix box sets. Infact I’ve actively avoided terrestrial tv not least because Brexit seems like a commercial break compared to the pandemic coverage.

Designated survivor 3 series
Ozark 3 series
Queen of the south 4 series
Gangs of London

I’m now on series 2 of money heist.

Ozark has been a great watch … should finish the whole lot this evening or tomorrow

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 09:13 - Jun 10 with 4738 viewsstevec

Half decent tv on 13:16 - Jun 6 by Lblock

Ozark has been a great watch … should finish the whole lot this evening or tomorrow

Ozark been the best TV in the last 10 years.

For those who are sick to death of the News but too early in the day for watching dramas, Now 70’s on Sky 373 (I’m sure Freeview will have it) provides a nice interlude to a simpler time when people were actually fckin happy.
Half decent tv on 09:29 - Jun 10 with 4717 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cracking on with The Americans on Prime. Can recommend so far.
Half decent tv on 16:12 - Jun 10 with 4638 viewsRanger_Things

Snowpiercer, weekly series on Netflix. I quite liked the film but this is much better.
Half decent tv on 16:33 - Jun 10 with 4631 viewsWoog

Half decent tv on 09:29 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cracking on with The Americans on Prime. Can recommend so far.

The Americans is very good.

If you have Netflix can thoroughly recommend 'Dark' (great soundtrack too) and 'Black Spot'.

Now watching Fauda - seems promising.
Half decent tv on 14:37 - Jun 11 with 4566 viewsRanger_Things

I'm late to the party so apologies if it's been mentioned before but I'm really enjoying Cardinal on IPlayer. Canadian crime drama. Seems plodding at first but very gripping..
Half decent tv on 13:58 - Jun 15 with 4492 viewsR_from_afar

We watched "The Armstrong Lie" at the weekend, although it is probably not the first time it has been on TV. Utterly fascinating, with lots of different angles on his great deception, as well as insight into how professional cyclists live and train.

If he hadn't got found out, I reckon the deceitful and manipulative Armstrong might well have gone into politics. Famous, successful, the founder of a charitable foundation, a very slick and convincing public speaker, absolutely loaded...He had a good chance.

Cycling was already reeling from umpteen doping scandals before the Armstrong affair but it will take a generation for the sport to recover from the damage he did, in my view.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 16:35 - Jun 15 with 4435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 13:45 - Jun 3 by MrSheen

DVD's arrived. Sheen. Will crack them open tonight.

Half decent tv on 16:47 - Jun 15 with 4430 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:35 - Jun 15 by BrianMcCarthy

DVD's arrived. Sheen. Will crack them open tonight.

Cheese?

Stirred myself into picking up Ozark where I left off. Their predicament is so grindingly tense that it's not enjoyable to watch.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 16:50]
Half decent tv on 16:53 - Jun 15 with 4418 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 16:47 - Jun 15 by MrSheen

Cheese?

Stirred myself into picking up Ozark where I left off. Their predicament is so grindingly tense that it's not enjoyable to watch.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 16:50]

No cheese tonight. School night.

I was the same with Ozark. Excellent TV but had to park it for a while during lockdown.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024