Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clint Hill 10:28 - Dec 21 with 8249 viewsspudoodles

I think this might be it for me, its just too embarrasing.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-clint-
Clint Hill on 10:36 - Dec 21 with 6317 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Which is the embarrassing bit?
Clint Hill on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 6297 viewsnewgolddream

Get him in
Clint Hill on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 6294 viewsWilloW4

I don't see anything embarrassing about it... If Clint can galvanise the squad and generally be a positive influence then bring him 'home'... Just having him around HQ would work well I reckon, be good to see him back.
Clint Hill on 10:53 - Dec 21 with 6241 viewsspudoodles

Clint Hill on 10:41 - Dec 21 by WilloW4

I don't see anything embarrassing about it... If Clint can galvanise the squad and generally be a positive influence then bring him 'home'... Just having him around HQ would work well I reckon, be good to see him back.

We are trying to re-sign a 38 year old centre back that we released a few months earlier in an attempt to reverse our descent down the league. He probabaly won't even want to come. I think that's emabarrasing.

I think Clint's a legend and would have him marshalling our defence from inside an iron lung instead of what we see now, i wouldn't have let him go, but as we have lets have some pride about it.
Clint Hill on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 6212 viewsToast_R

I think this is pretty embarrassing too to be fair.

He's 38 and he's being playing in that quality division that is Scottish football. Yeah I loved his commitment and tenacity when he played for us but FFS, we are supposed to be moving on and have younger players in that position already.

This is desperation from QPR. A bit of a Brett Angel move from Holloway and if I were Clint Hill, I'd tell the club to stick it anyway. We've made our bed in ousting Clint and Faurlin so now we had better get used to laying in it.

If this is the best the club can come with as a solution to some obvious leadership problems that have been lingering on for some time now, then we may as well get ready for League 1.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 10:59]
Clint Hill on 11:02 - Dec 21 with 6188 viewssimmo

I don't see why it's embarrassing at all - as a player/coach I think it's what a lot uf us would have wanted for him in the summer, but in the end we let him go because he wanted to keep playing and we couldn't guarantee playing time.

Olly was always about getting 'QPR people' in and those that can take his instructions on board with the DNA of the club already in them, Clint ticks those boxes and as long as he is to back up the first team not start, I think it will do us good to have him around the dressing room and part of the coaching staff.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clint Hill on 11:09 - Dec 21 with 6162 views2Thomas2Bowles

Clint Hill on 11:02 - Dec 21 by simmo

I don't see why it's embarrassing at all - as a player/coach I think it's what a lot uf us would have wanted for him in the summer, but in the end we let him go because he wanted to keep playing and we couldn't guarantee playing time.

Olly was always about getting 'QPR people' in and those that can take his instructions on board with the DNA of the club already in them, Clint ticks those boxes and as long as he is to back up the first team not start, I think it will do us good to have him around the dressing room and part of the coaching staff.

I think JFH said they asked for more playing time could not offer them that so parted

I'm not sure at all that Clint would have asked for more playing time
It's been said that Hoo's cut them for budget reasons.

We often talk about players being greedy and not caring about the club but then let go of the good ones

Would I have them both back, yes, it's not always what they can do on the pitch but what they can do for the club off it.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2016 11:10]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Clint Hill on 11:10 - Dec 21 with 6156 viewsPinnerPaul

Clint Hill on 11:02 - Dec 21 by simmo

Agree plus if he is interested in doing coaching badges this would give him the chance.

He also has a young family, and they were based in Windsor, so surely would want to move back there if he could - no offence intended to our Scottish readers!
Login to get fewer ads

Clint Hill on 11:14 - Dec 21 with 6130 viewsDannytheR

I wouldn't touch anything from Get West London with someone else's, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone at the club thinks this is a good idea. One of Holloway's masterstrokes the first time round was bringing Gallen back, and since then raiding the archives for players has been seen as the quickest way to win over the fans - Shittu, Langley, Lee Cook, even Nigel Quashie got a second go round. (And what a return to action that was).

That said, this has all the hallmarks of the player and his agent wanting a contract extension in Glasgow and using "interest" from us to help secure it. The story looks to have started with this from the paper up there, which has a lot of references to him not having yet been offered a second year there despite his good performances, and how staying put in Scotland would be his "preferred option."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-defen
Clint Hill on 12:12 - Dec 21 with 5972 viewshoof_hearted

Get him Olly. I'll never change my avatar!
Clint Hill on 12:26 - Dec 21 with 5910 viewsRs_Holy

bring him home!
Clint Hill on 12:35 - Dec 21 with 5866 viewsGloucs_R

As a coach - yes

Player - no

Player coach - maybe as back up

Poll: Are we staying up?

Clint Hill on 12:45 - Dec 21 with 5832 viewsBerkoRanger

Clint Hill on 12:35 - Dec 21 by Gloucs_R

As a coach - yes

Player - no

Player coach - maybe as back up

+1
Clint Hill on 12:47 - Dec 21 with 5816 viewsLblock

+2

How many times is that the old guard have come back to save the club? I think for Hilly this would be either the third or fourth time he's been turned to.

Faurlin to be snared as well?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Clint Hill on 12:55 - Dec 21 with 5772 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We could loan him out to Forest...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clint Hill on 13:07 - Dec 21 with 5739 viewsHarbour

He should not been let go I need the first place along with ale f
Clint Hill on 13:14 - Dec 21 with 5707 viewsrsonist

Clint Hill on 13:23 - Dec 21 with 5657 viewskensalriser

Feel the quality of that journalism: 'there is legs...' My word.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Clint Hill on 13:29 - Dec 21 with 5628 viewsPinnerPaul

Clint Hill on 13:14 - Dec 21 by rsonist

Thats what he said about Olly coming back!

"Things change" as someone once said!
Clint Hill on 14:10 - Dec 21 with 5539 viewsQPR_John

So Holloway coming back and many see it as the answer to all our problems, Clint Hill coming back however is embarrasing
Clint Hill on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 5452 viewsThe_Mole

Clint Hill on 12:47 - Dec 21 by Lblock

+2

How many times is that the old guard have come back to save the club? I think for Hilly this would be either the third or fourth time he's been turned to.

Faurlin to be snared as well?

God I hope this is true!!

I was going to start a thread the other day titled "All I want for Christmas" and on that list was the following names:-

Hill, Faurlin and Rhodes
Clint Hill on 15:56 - Dec 21 with 5364 viewsTacticalR

The problem is that at the moment all our dreams turn into nightmares.

Air hostess clique

Clint Hill on 17:05 - Dec 21 with 5265 viewscorse

For fecks sake...what next...derry...camp...sinclair...ainsworth...rowlands?
As a coach...no. Just got one from the mighty hartlepool i recall.
As a player...for heavens sake...no.
Clint Hill on 21:59 - Dec 24 with 4817 viewsnewgolddream

Hill, Faurlin and Rhodes
Clint Hill on 22:42 - Dec 24 with 4737 viewsbosh67

It's only embarrassing if Ollie gets him back... And then plays him as a centre forward.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024