Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly 11:02 - Apr 12 with 23457 viewspaulparker

Lots of threads the last few weeks about the best & worst players who played for us but who are the ones who were here a short while but you fondly recall

Andy Gray - when we signed him I thought it was the signing of the century after seeing him at palace a few years before , loved the brace against Man utd

Ossie Ardillies - couldn't believe we got him , just seeing him with his socks rolled down and in a QPR shirt was very surreal I know he contributed naff all but it was a very exiting time for a 15 year old lad to have him at the club

David Pizanti- for that goal

Mark stein - goal machine, does anyone recall the volley to west ham at home ?
oh and he had lovely thighs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:07 - Apr 12 with 11604 viewssmegma

Paulo Wanchope.
Scored twice on his reserves debut against Chelsea at Kingstonian. A week later scores a hat trick at Harrow Borough in a 9-0 win against Oxford Utd reserves. Another week later scores the winner against Tottenham reserves at their training ground. 3 games, 3 wins, 6 goals.

Not what we were looking for apparently.

[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 11:12]
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:09 - Apr 12 with 11596 viewsNorthernr

Ben Askar and Sampsa Timoska recently, rated both of them, probably wrong.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:17 - Apr 12 with 11578 viewsPhildo

Does Taye Taiwo count for this thread?

If so I have a little shrine in my basement to the great man.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:23 - Apr 12 with 11551 viewsMrSheen

Roy Wegerle - 65 games
Rob Steiner - 36 games
Peter Reid - 29 games

I loved Mark Kennedy and Jerome Thomas. Still think of them as QPR players.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 11:26]
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:26 - Apr 12 with 11533 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Did you know that in 2004 we had a Lewis Hamilton in the squad!

Doudou

Had the life kicked out of him at Wycombe when the ref let them and he was never the same after. I was there when he scored!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:29 - Apr 12 with 11522 viewsBluce_Ree

John Spencer - 48 games.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:31 - Apr 12 with 11515 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andy Gray was the first name that sprung to mind, and no wonder. He was electric.

Trevor Francis might seem an odd choice but he only played thirty-two times for us. Man, he was skilful. And so clever.

And a youth prospect - Trevor Challis. I thought that he was the third best player in that phenomenal youth team, behind only Quashie and Gallen. He could read the game superbly, had good technique, nice passer, small but tough and could tackle. A great captain as well. Always thought that we missed a trick in not making a centre-mid out of him, but he was left-footed so he HAD to play left back, and he was probably born ten years too soon for the idea of putting small players in centre-mid. Either way, I was surprised that he didn't break through into our first team somewhere. I thought he was a class act.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:32 - Apr 12 with 11510 viewspaulparker

Does anyone remember the young Aussie lad Mcdermott ?
scored a screamer I think it was at home to Norwich could be wrong but he looked brilliant and I was gutted he went to West Brom while we ended up with steve donkey morrow

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:34 - Apr 12 with 11497 viewsaston_hoop

I know he only played 5 times but Dusko Tosic always stands out for me. 5 great performances at the time that a little bit of optimism had started to creep in at the beginning of Warnock taking charge. We'd just started to look a little bit like a team again after a shocking season and we all know what happened the following season

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:55 - Apr 12 with 11453 viewsTacticalR

Mark Kennedy. He had that real arrogance that inspired confidence. His crosses were nearly always good, and he had the ability to do the unexpected. I remember thinking that if we couldn't stump up 1.5 mil for him, when Premiership players were going for over 10 mil then we were really in trouble. He went to Wimbledon in the end.

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:06 - Apr 12 with 11413 viewsElHoop

Mark Dennis - he was a lunatic but he could definitely play. Not sure why he was so short-term for us.

Leon Jeanne - such a waste of talent.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:07 - Apr 12 with 11410 viewsTacticalR

Just found this...Mark Kennedy had a hand in a couple of the goals when we beat Middlesbrough 5-0 in 1998.

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:12 - Apr 12 with 11391 viewspaulparker

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:06 - Apr 12 by ElHoop

Mark Dennis - he was a lunatic but he could definitely play. Not sure why he was so short-term for us.

Leon Jeanne - such a waste of talent.

Mark Dennis was pretty much bombed out of the club as soon as Trevor Francis took over , this may have gone back to the Birmingham days when they had a bit of a spat
I was more gutted we sold Dawes to make way for Dennis

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 11373 viewsBluce_Ree

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:32 - Apr 12 by paulparker

Does anyone remember the young Aussie lad Mcdermott ?
scored a screamer I think it was at home to Norwich could be wrong but he looked brilliant and I was gutted he went to West Brom while we ended up with steve donkey morrow

I feel like he ended up doing something in Italy. Like Juventus or someone took a look at him.

Mark Kennedy's loan spell was pure greatness.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:17 - Apr 12 with 11373 viewsDannytheR

As mentioned before, Mark Kennedy is surely the leader of the pack. He looked so, so good here, it always baffled me he didn't have an absolutely stellar career.

I know John Spencer did almost two seasons with us but it still felt like he left us far too soon. (Can hardly blame for getting out given the state of the club at the time though).

My personal favourite has to be a young lad called Alex Higgins. Saw him come on for us against Wolves in the last 10 minutes of the final game of the season we went down under Francis/Holloway. Looked excellent for 9 minutes, a couple of smart passes, a couple of neat interceptions, then went straight in with a Mark Dennis/Samba Diakite special to one of the Wolves' players bollocks. Yellow card that everyone was amazed wasn't a straight red, whistle goes, full time, let go with most of the rest of the players the following week and never seen again.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:19 - Apr 12 with 11357 viewsstevec

Two words

Devon White
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:30 - Apr 12 with 11317 viewsFredManRave

Ah, the days when we used to have good players for a short tome as opposed to recent days of having shit (and short) players for a long time.

Mark Kennedy as already mentioned is a clear choice snd in a similar vein Kyle Walker. Both not only good footballers in their own right but maybe made to look even better by the surrounding players?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:36 - Apr 12 with 11297 viewsTheChef

Damiano Tommasi (mainly for the AS Roma connection)
Inigo Idiakez
Ishmael Miller (if only for the winner against Leicester)
Kyle Walker

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:39 - Apr 12 with 11289 viewssmegma

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:26 - Apr 12 by Metallica_Hoop

Did you know that in 2004 we had a Lewis Hamilton in the squad!

Doudou

Had the life kicked out of him at Wycombe when the ref let them and he was never the same after. I was there when he scored!

Lewis had a great engine on him.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:39 - Apr 12 with 11289 viewsMaggsinho

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:30 - Apr 12 by FredManRave

Ah, the days when we used to have good players for a short tome as opposed to recent days of having shit (and short) players for a long time.

Mark Kennedy as already mentioned is a clear choice snd in a similar vein Kyle Walker. Both not only good footballers in their own right but maybe made to look even better by the surrounding players?!

Most of mine I can think of are from the 80s when I was a kid but I had a soft spot for Alex Bonnot in the first season in League 1.

ThinkPaul Wright with his two goals on his debut against Palace stands out the most,
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:58 - Apr 12 with 11215 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:01 - Apr 12 with 11200 viewsTacticalR

@DannytheR 'As mentioned before, Mark Kennedy is surely the leader of the pack. He looked so, so good here, it always baffled me he didn't have an absolutely stellar career.'

There was an interview with Kennedy on Off the Ball earlier this year and it sounded like when he was at Liverpool he didn't take football that seriously (and wasn't in the first team anyway) so spent most of his time going out (which he said was more possible in those days because there wasn't social media, plus players weren't as fit, so you could get away with going out). He was living on his own in Liverpool and didn't really have anyone to advise him (although he came across as a man who likes to do things his own way). He is now U15 coach at Man City.

Mark Kennedy - The Killer Interview
https://soundcloud.com/offtheball/mark-kennedy-the-killer-interview

P.S. don't mean to turn this into the Mark Kennedy thread...

Air hostess clique

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:19 - Apr 12 with 11156 viewsHunterhoop

Aziz Ben Askar tops the list for me. Thought he was class....and brutal.

Kyle Walker a good shout.

Seb Polter will probably fall into this category in future.

I still remember Diakite fondly, simply for his pure lunacy on the pitch!
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:25 - Apr 12 with 11128 viewsLblock

Andy Tilson.... I thought we had the new Alan Hansen on our hands

A silky centre back who I thought used to purr through games when selected....but they were heady days for me back then!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:32 - Apr 12 with 11107 viewsTheChef

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:19 - Apr 12 by Hunterhoop

Aziz Ben Askar tops the list for me. Thought he was class....and brutal.

Kyle Walker a good shout.

Seb Polter will probably fall into this category in future.

I still remember Diakite fondly, simply for his pure lunacy on the pitch!

Yes was always a great shame Ben Askar didn't stay longer, but then he probably was too good for us.

Think the first time I saw him was the famous Chelsea pre-season game we won. Didn't know who he was, from a distance he looked like Matthew Rose, I thought to myself "Bloody hell Rose has improved over the summer!"

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024