Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly 11:02 - Apr 12 with 23743 viewspaulparker

Lots of threads the last few weeks about the best & worst players who played for us but who are the ones who were here a short while but you fondly recall

Andy Gray - when we signed him I thought it was the signing of the century after seeing him at palace a few years before , loved the brace against Man utd

Ossie Ardillies - couldn't believe we got him , just seeing him with his socks rolled down and in a QPR shirt was very surreal I know he contributed naff all but it was a very exiting time for a 15 year old lad to have him at the club

David Pizanti- for that goal

Mark stein - goal machine, does anyone recall the volley to west ham at home ?
oh and he had lovely thighs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:33 - Apr 12 with 2516 viewsheadhoops

Gino Padula

and very sadly Ray Jones

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:34 - Apr 12 with 2516 viewsBucksRanger

Ryan Nelsen - what a stunning 6 months he had with us.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:36 - Apr 12 with 2511 viewsngbqpr

A lot of great shouts here...wonder how many of those players realise the lasting memories they left us in their career cameos at LR...

A personal one is Dominic Foley, briefly on loan in 2002. My son was mascot this day....beside himself with excitement, it was all going swimmingly until we suddenly found ourselves 2-0 down inside 20 minutes to a crap Notts County team. Foley then turned on the class and got the late winner as we won 3-2.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:37 - Apr 12 with 2504 viewsqprxtc

In my mind I remember Barry Silkman having a stonking home debut and me thinking we've found a new superstar. I was 10 and easily pleased. Still makes me wistful now.

Ditto Dean Neal.

Karl Elsey less so.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 13:39]
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:44 - Apr 12 with 2483 viewsfrancisbowles

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:32 - Apr 12 by TheChef

Yes was always a great shame Ben Askar didn't stay longer, but then he probably was too good for us.

Think the first time I saw him was the famous Chelsea pre-season game we won. Didn't know who he was, from a distance he looked like Matthew Rose, I thought to myself "Bloody hell Rose has improved over the summer!"

Tony Thorpe, tidy little striker, unfortunately injuries had probably caught up with him.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 2476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:25 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Andy Tilson.... I thought we had the new Alan Hansen on our hands

A silky centre back who I thought used to purr through games when selected....but they were heady days for me back then!!!

Good call!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 2465 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:31 - Apr 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Andy Gray was the first name that sprung to mind, and no wonder. He was electric.

Trevor Francis might seem an odd choice but he only played thirty-two times for us. Man, he was skilful. And so clever.

And a youth prospect - Trevor Challis. I thought that he was the third best player in that phenomenal youth team, behind only Quashie and Gallen. He could read the game superbly, had good technique, nice passer, small but tough and could tackle. A great captain as well. Always thought that we missed a trick in not making a centre-mid out of him, but he was left-footed so he HAD to play left back, and he was probably born ten years too soon for the idea of putting small players in centre-mid. Either way, I was surprised that he didn't break through into our first team somewhere. I thought he was a class act.

There was a wonderful piece on Andy Gray and the two goals against Man Utd in the last AKUTRs - pointed out that the crowd was so small (lower loft half empty on the footage) because it was a tube strike night.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:52 - Apr 12 with 2461 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:32 - Apr 12 by paulparker

Does anyone remember the young Aussie lad Mcdermott ?
scored a screamer I think it was at home to Norwich could be wrong but he looked brilliant and I was gutted he went to West Brom while we ended up with steve donkey morrow

I always found that one weird. Came in, played well, scored a couple, got bombed out to West Brom for £50k, never amounted to anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:52 - Apr 12 with 2460 viewseastside_r

Paul Wright - scored a brace in a sunny season-opener against Palace.

He or his partner did not settle in London. Went on to enjoy a decent if journeyman career back north of the border.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 2456 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 12:19 - Apr 12 by stevec

Two words

Devon White

Finally, a post of yours I can get on board with
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:54 - Apr 12 with 2453 viewsHunterhoop

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:32 - Apr 12 by TheChef

Yes was always a great shame Ben Askar didn't stay longer, but then he probably was too good for us.

Think the first time I saw him was the famous Chelsea pre-season game we won. Didn't know who he was, from a distance he looked like Matthew Rose, I thought to myself "Bloody hell Rose has improved over the summer!"

A larger, more muscular, Gallic version of Matthew "made of glass" Rose!

Agree, looked a cut above us at that point.

Ryan Nelson is a great shout. Top bloke who gave everything whilst his body was falling apart.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:55 - Apr 12 with 2455 viewsNorthernr

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:34 - Apr 12 by aston_hoop

I know he only played 5 times but Dusko Tosic always stands out for me. 5 great performances at the time that a little bit of optimism had started to creep in at the beginning of Warnock taking charge. We'd just started to look a little bit like a team again after a shocking season and we all know what happened the following season

I remember the general consensus on here that it was "typical Warnock jobs for the boys" stuff when Tosic wasn't retained and we signed Hill, who was old injured and had been poor against us for Palace, instead. Did Hill ever amount to much?
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:59 - Apr 12 with 2443 viewsFDC

Paul Walsh. He was on loan around the time I started going to QPR and I took a shine to him. I was confused and heart-broken when he buggered off, not really understanding the idea that he wasn't actually a QPR player.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:04 - Apr 12 with 2394 viewsMatch82

Jermaine darlington. Was immense every time I saw him play. I didn't get to that many games!
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:10 - Apr 12 with 2357 viewsR_from_afar

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 11:09 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Ben Askar and Sampsa Timoska recently, rated both of them, probably wrong.

I don't remember Ben Askar but TImoska looked a class act. I thought it a shame that he didn't stay longer.

Danny Cullip is one I remember fondly. A scary no-nonsense defender who was instrumental in keeping us up, as I recall.

Andros Townsend virtually played our opposition on his own at times.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:10 - Apr 12 with 2357 viewsNW10Hoop

Had a bit of a soft spot for Djibril Cisse.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:11 - Apr 12 with 2351 viewsJamesB1979

Know he was here a while but he didn't play much. I loved Samba Diakite. During his loan spell, I thought he was awesome not just games against arsenal, spurs, swansea at home but I thought he did a fantastic job covering the back 4 when we went down to 10 men against man u. Would love to know why things didn't work out and he didn't kick on from there when he signed permanently.

Richard Johnson I always liked. Thought he made a big difference when he replaced steve palmer (finally!) Ben askar has been mentioned, thought he was quality. Also liked Taiwo.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:12 - Apr 12 with 2344 viewsAntti_Heinola

Good thread Paul.

Yeah, Kennedy was good.

Foley, who we had on loan from Watford at a dire time, wasn't much cop, but got some important goals for us. Liked him.

Crouchie!

Bare bones.

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:19 - Apr 12 with 2309 viewscaliforniahoop

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:25 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Andy Tilson.... I thought we had the new Alan Hansen on our hands

A silky centre back who I thought used to purr through games when selected....but they were heady days for me back then!!!

Sammy Lee was so much better than anything we had at the time, Mark Falco, Steve Hodge, Tilson , Bonnet, Gray, Ben Askar, Taino, Reid, Francis, Idiakez but the biggest impact for short term success must be Djibril Cisse.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:20 - Apr 12 with 2307 viewshoopstilidie

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:12 - Apr 12 by Antti_Heinola

Good thread Paul.

Yeah, Kennedy was good.

Foley, who we had on loan from Watford at a dire time, wasn't much cop, but got some important goals for us. Liked him.

Crouchie!

Granero. Was amazed we got him and then it seemed only half of him turned up. If he'd settled he'd have been a fan favourite I don't doubt it.
Had a soft spot for Mauro Milanese too. No idea why.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:21 - Apr 12 with 2305 viewsaston_hoop

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:55 - Apr 12 by Northernr

I remember the general consensus on here that it was "typical Warnock jobs for the boys" stuff when Tosic wasn't retained and we signed Hill, who was old injured and had been poor against us for Palace, instead. Did Hill ever amount to much?

Yeah that and the Derry signing really the ultimate lesson in never pre-judging any signing. Apart from Bob Malcolm, we all knew he'd be shįt

Since I love full backs so much, Stephen Kelly looked a bit handy in that short spell in the playoff year

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:22 - Apr 12 with 2301 viewspaulparker

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 13:59 - Apr 12 by FDC

Paul Walsh. He was on loan around the time I started going to QPR and I took a shine to him. I was confused and heart-broken when he buggered off, not really understanding the idea that he wasn't actually a QPR player.

I always thought it was weird seeing him in a QPR shirt , didn't he score against Chelsea in the 2-2 when Andy Townsend smashed in one from 30 yards ?

also did anyone else expect big things from Scott Donnelly , I thought he had a bit of the Lee trundles about him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:24 - Apr 12 with 2285 viewsKingstan

Phil Nutt......I was there when he he came on to score ageinst a physical Derby, Dave Thomas had a blinder but I will always remember the look on Nutts face after he scored.
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:28 - Apr 12 with 2273 viewsFDC

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:22 - Apr 12 by paulparker

I always thought it was weird seeing him in a QPR shirt , didn't he score against Chelsea in the 2-2 when Andy Townsend smashed in one from 30 yards ?

also did anyone else expect big things from Scott Donnelly , I thought he had a bit of the Lee trundles about him

I'm pretty sure that was my first game actually, although my memory's pretty bad for these things. I don't think he scored in that game though.

Edit: I thought he had a bit of the Lee trundles about him

Sounds nasty!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 14:28]
Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:34 - Apr 12 with 2242 viewsflynnbo

Players who didnt last long at QPR but you rememeber fondly on 14:24 - Apr 12 by Kingstan

Phil Nutt......I was there when he he came on to score ageinst a physical Derby, Dave Thomas had a blinder but I will always remember the look on Nutts face after he scored.

I, too, was at that game and went nuts at his goal. Peter Eastoe I thought was going to be a good signing. Don Rogers, Leighton James and Tony Currie were all good players in their prime; shame their prime wasn't with us although Currie still had it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024