Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ned's top 5 moments... 10:08 - Sep 7 with 6161 viewsW7Ranger

He plays his 200th game for QPR this week-end (how many players are in the the 200 club I wonder?? Who was the last players to reach 200 games for us? Gallen?)

Great to see the camera angle of the scenes at the Rangers end when Bobby scores...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/nedum-onuoha-selects-his-top-5-qpr-moments
Ned's top 5 moments... on 11:51 - Sep 7 with 4802 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting one -I thought Rowly would have played 200, but he got stuck on 198.
Ale is 151
Clint 169 - I'd have thought he played more games than Ned.
Furs 171
Ainsworth 141
Gallen close to 400. Must be the last one. Amazing.

Good game, actually. Who played more...

Derry or Karl Henry?
Birch or Rowly?
Blackstock or Austin?

Bare bones.

Ned's top 5 moments... on 12:06 - Sep 7 with 4770 viewspaulparker

Apart from a purple patch playing with Dunne in the 2013/14 season im struggling to come up with one moment that's memorable

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ned's top 5 moments... on 12:14 - Sep 7 with 4756 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ned's top 5 moments... on 12:06 - Sep 7 by paulparker

Apart from a purple patch playing with Dunne in the 2013/14 season im struggling to come up with one moment that's memorable

Bit harsh.

Bear in mind he's been wasted at right-back for some (most?) of his time here.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 12:51 - Sep 7 with 4674 viewsAntti_Heinola

Completely marking an in-form Gareth Bale out the match (playing RB) in the season before he went to Real stands out for me. Bale never got a kick. Danny Maddix levels of man marking. Was similarly good v Abraham last year. Always feel he's better when he's got a specific, challenging role like that.

Bare bones.

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:18 - Sep 7 with 4604 viewsichbinnaughty

VERY harsh.

Over the years I have watched the following:
Bob Malcolm, Zesh Rehmen, Danny Cullip, Karl Ready, Chris Plummer, Fitz Hall, Sampsa Timoska, Matthew Rose, Ian Evatt, Georges Santos, Richard Edghill, Arthur Gnohere, Steve Morrow etc etc etc

...and you're digging Nedum out?
Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:31 - Sep 7 with 4559 viewsJamesB1979

Whilst not our best player, to me he's probably our most important given the other defensive options we have. In my view, without him playing, our defence is bang average.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:33 - Sep 7 with 4550 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:31 - Sep 7 by JamesB1979

Whilst not our best player, to me he's probably our most important given the other defensive options we have. In my view, without him playing, our defence is bang average.

With him it's average. Without him .... well you saw what happened against Brentford.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:37 - Sep 7 with 4534 viewspaulparker

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:18 - Sep 7 by ichbinnaughty

VERY harsh.

Over the years I have watched the following:
Bob Malcolm, Zesh Rehmen, Danny Cullip, Karl Ready, Chris Plummer, Fitz Hall, Sampsa Timoska, Matthew Rose, Ian Evatt, Georges Santos, Richard Edghill, Arthur Gnohere, Steve Morrow etc etc etc

...and you're digging Nedum out?

How am I digging him out ?? , I said im struggling to think of any memorable moments other than his partnership with Dunne 3 years ago

im in great anticipation though for you to tell me your top 5 Ned "moments"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:39 - Sep 7 with 4527 viewsJamesB1979

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:33 - Sep 7 by Watford_Ranger

With him it's average. Without him .... well you saw what happened against Brentford.

Fair point....I was being generous.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:47 - Sep 7 with 4505 viewsHunterhoop

Utterly ridiculous, PP.

- Obviously the Dunne partnership in the promotion season, where was was centre half in a back 4 that conceded fewest goals in the league that season...and we didn't even go up automatically.

Then you have
- RB at home to Spurs when we won 1-0 in that 5 home wins run to stay up. Had Bale in his pocket.
- RB in the famous 1-0 away win at Chelsea. Proper backs to the walls effort.
- Play off final win, giving the ball away for the break which O'Neill was sent off in aside, he was immense that day
- last season put in a flawless man marking display against Tammy Abraham, in form striker in the league at the time, to keep a clean sheet.
- Their were actually a number of games at the back end of the promotion season, when Dunne's form collapased, and Onouha was a rock. Go back and read some of the reports.
- the goal score do from just inside the box curling into the corner at home, plus he's popped up with winners at Reading, Cardiff, and elsewhere

He makes mistakes and is clumsy in possession. But this narrative around him some have is ludicrous. It bears little resemblance to the truth.

He's been a good, solid performer for us over a number of seasons. An ever present through good and bad performances. Always available. Always tries hard. Always gives his all in games. Is committed and physical. He's been club captain for a few seasons under different managers. He is thought very highly of by the players, and he does loads for QPR in the community. Oh, be the youngsters coming through into the first team praise him for how he's helped them develop their games and learn.

200 games is a great achievement.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 13:49]
Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:50 - Sep 7 with 4493 viewsichbinnaughty

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:37 - Sep 7 by paulparker

How am I digging him out ?? , I said im struggling to think of any memorable moments other than his partnership with Dunne 3 years ago

im in great anticipation though for you to tell me your top 5 Ned "moments"

Hunterhoop has made an excellent fist of this; plus there's absolutely no point in me wasting my time.
We'll have to agree to have different opinions.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:09 - Sep 7 with 4452 viewsWatford_Ranger

I don't think we appreciate his good qualities enough and as a fanbase focus too much on what he can't do.

How many of the other 23 teams would he get into? I think almost all fans of other clubs at our level would have him.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:14 - Sep 7 with 4442 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:47 - Sep 7 by Hunterhoop

Utterly ridiculous, PP.

- Obviously the Dunne partnership in the promotion season, where was was centre half in a back 4 that conceded fewest goals in the league that season...and we didn't even go up automatically.

Then you have
- RB at home to Spurs when we won 1-0 in that 5 home wins run to stay up. Had Bale in his pocket.
- Play off final win, giving the ball away for the break which O'Neill was sent off in aside, he was immense that day
- last season put in a flawless man marking display against Tammy Abraham, in form striker in the league at the time, to keep a clean sheet.
- Their were actually a number of games at the back end of the promotion season, when Dunne's form collapased, and Onouha was a rock. Go back and read some of the reports.
- the goal score do from just inside the box curling into the corner at home, plus he's popped up with winners at Reading, Cardiff, and elsewhere

He makes mistakes and is clumsy in possession. But this narrative around him some have is ludicrous. It bears little resemblance to the truth.

He's been a good, solid performer for us over a number of seasons. An ever present through good and bad performances. Always available. Always tries hard. Always gives his all in games. Is committed and physical. He's been club captain for a few seasons under different managers. He is thought very highly of by the players, and he does loads for QPR in the community. Oh, be the youngsters coming through into the first team praise him for how he's helped them develop their games and learn.

I wouldn't have backed him that hard but, damn, you present a good argument!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:17 - Sep 7 with 4431 viewspaulparker

Utterly ridiculous, PP.

Then you have

Have we been that hard up in defence that we are waxing lyrical about a very average footballer ?
from what I can gather the main arguments for these wonderful moments is that his best displays were 3 years ago with 2 other centre backs in Dunne and Hill helping him that he marked a novice in Abraham out of the game and that he done a beckenbaur on Gareth bale 5 years ago , oh and he scored a couple of goals against reading and Cardiff in nothing games

how easily pleased some of you are , considering at one point he was earning 60 large a week , oh and the other argument that he isn't steve morrow is laughable

now do I think he sh1t no I don't , do I think he is brilliant no I don't
yeah its nice he has played 200 games and fair play to him , im just a bit underwhelmed tbh and I actually think he could have been better considering his physique and build

Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:18 - Sep 7 with 4428 viewspaulparker

Ned's top 5 moments... on 13:50 - Sep 7 by ichbinnaughty

Hunterhoop has made an excellent fist of this; plus there's absolutely no point in me wasting my time.
We'll have to agree to have different opinions.

so you cannot think of any top 5 moments then ?

Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:41 - Sep 7 with 4373 viewsMrSheen

My top Ned moment was when he scored for Sunderland in a 3-0 win at Mordor. Lovely finish.

[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 14:43]
Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:53 - Sep 7 with 4339 viewssimmo

He was also absolutely immense at the end of last season against Forest. Granted at home against a poor team but that was a must win game and he was booked after about 3 minutes, but then didn’t put a foot wrong and was everywhere. Assombolonga, Brereton, Clough, they had some decent attackers and he dominated them all. Proper captains knock that one.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ned's top 5 moments... on 15:09 - Sep 7 with 4309 viewsfrancisbowles

200 games in five seasons! He must be doing something right!

Well done Chief.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 15:29 - Sep 7 with 4285 viewsW7Ranger

Ned's top 5 moments... on 11:51 - Sep 7 by Antti_Heinola

Interesting one -I thought Rowly would have played 200, but he got stuck on 198.
Ale is 151
Furs 171
Ainsworth 141

Derry or Karl Henry?
Birch or Rowly?
Blackstock or Austin?

If you include cup games then Rowly has made over 200 appearances for us.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 15:30]
Ned's top 5 moments... on 15:48 - Sep 7 with 4258 viewsterryb

Ned's top 5 moments... on 11:51 - Sep 7 by Antti_Heinola

Ale is 151
Furs 171
Ainsworth 141

Derry or Karl Henry?
Birch or Rowly?
Blackstock or Austin?

At a guess:-

Derry or Karl Henry? Henry
Birch or Rowly? Rowlands
Blackstock or Austin? Blackstock
Ned's top 5 moments... on 17:24 - Sep 7 with 4170 viewsichbinnaughty

Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:18 - Sep 7 by paulparker

so you cannot think of any top 5 moments then ?

What Hunter said
Ned's top 5 moments... on 17:32 - Sep 7 with 4158 viewsMancR

Utterly ridiculous, PP.

Then you have

Spot on Hunter. Magnificent post
Ned's top 5 moments... on 20:11 - Sep 7 with 4077 viewsHunterhoop

Ned's top 5 moments... on 14:17 - Sep 7 by paulparker

Have we been that hard up in defence that we are waxing lyrical about a very average footballer ?
from what I can gather the main arguments for these wonderful moments is that his best displays were 3 years ago with 2 other centre backs in Dunne and Hill helping him that he marked a novice in Abraham out of the game and that he done a beckenbaur on Gareth bale 5 years ago , oh and he scored a couple of goals against reading and Cardiff in nothing games

how easily pleased some of you are , considering at one point he was earning 60 large a week , oh and the other argument that he isn't steve morrow is laughable

now do I think he sh1t no I don't , do I think he is brilliant no I don't
yeah its nice he has played 200 games and fair play to him , im just a bit underwhelmed tbh and I actually think he could have been better considering his physique and build

Haha! That's a very different tone from your first post about not being able to think of more than one memorable moment!

I've provided several examples, as you challenged people to, coupled with summarising his all round contribution to the club.

Do I think he's brilliant either? No. Not at all. Do I think he could have been better for his physique and build? Yes, I do.

You see, we agree!

But 200 games for the club and all the things I referenced make him a very good servant to the club. That's worth praising. All I was doing was focusing on the positives (try it some time, PP; you might feel better), and trying to ensure a fair hearing. Certainly not the same thing as waxing lyrical. But you know that; you're just back tracking.
Ned's top 5 moments... on 20:47 - Sep 7 with 4013 viewsHadders

Enjoyed that video - far more thoughtful and interesting than the usual blah. (the stuff about feeling responsible for O'Neil's sending off, for example). He's always struck me as a charming, interesting, smart guy... Reckon he'd be good on the box.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2017 20:52]
Ned's top 5 moments... on 20:56 - Sep 7 with 3995 viewsLongsufferingR

Rather than simply agreeing with the majority on here and getting accused of being a sheep, I'll just point out that however many managers we've had in his time here, good ones, sht ones, good ones who were only sht while they were here, experienced ones, inexperienced ones - every one of them had him as first choice whether we were struggling for cash or spending stupid. Maybe something in that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024