Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 44806 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 20:08 - Nov 15 with 9511 viewsflynnbo

Would love to go. Maybe when I retire. Enjoy and come on England!!
Ashes Thread on 20:11 - Nov 15 with 9508 viewsozexile

We lack a middle order a genuine pace bowler and a spinner. Could be 5 zip again.
Ashes Thread on 20:18 - Nov 15 with 9496 viewsBlackCrowe

Honestly don't think these Aussies are good enough for 5-0.

That's guaranteed it then.

Ashes Thread on 20:19 - Nov 15 with 9495 viewshubble

Ben Stokes is a massive loss. Don't think we can do it without him.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ashes Thread on 20:44 - Nov 15 with 9453 viewsdanehoop

Heart says we will surprise them and Woakes is going to step and cover for Stokes.

Head says Pomnishambles 2.

Never knowingly understood

Ashes Thread on 20:50 - Nov 15 with 9448 viewsHunterhoop

BlackCrowe, I'm going Day 1 of Sydney (and days 3 and 4, if it gets there, of Melbourne). Flying out on Boxing Day.

Whilst we're clearly weak, so are Australia. They're batting line up is worse than ours!!

I think each Test could be one sided, but I think the series will be close. Stokes is obviously a huge loss; I'd fancy us quite a bit to hammer them with him. However, my biggest concern is Stuart Broad. He's taken 2 wickets all tour (3 games) and will be a chocolate teapot with the bat against their quicks. He'll obviously start, but we desperately need him to find form, otherwise we will be needing a lot from the 4th seamer (Ball/Overton).
Ashes Thread on 20:54 - Nov 15 with 9448 viewsBlackCrowe

Ashes Thread on 20:50 - Nov 15 by Hunterhoop

BlackCrowe, I'm going Day 1 of Sydney (and days 3 and 4, if it gets there, of Melbourne). Flying out on Boxing Day.

Whilst we're clearly weak, so are Australia. They're batting line up is worse than ours!!

I think each Test could be one sided, but I think the series will be close. Stokes is obviously a huge loss; I'd fancy us quite a bit to hammer them with him. However, my biggest concern is Stuart Broad. He's taken 2 wickets all tour (3 games) and will be a chocolate teapot with the bat against their quicks. He'll obviously start, but we desperately need him to find form, otherwise we will be needing a lot from the 4th seamer (Ball/Overton).

You're certainly right about Oz batting Like to think Broad'll come good - he exists to take on Australia. Keep in touch and maybe meet for a mid-strengh ( ) during lunch.

Ashes Thread on 21:46 - Nov 15 with 9390 viewsmakaveli1882

I am out there for everyday in Melbourne and have tickets for Day 3 and 4 in Sydney...currently.

Have booked tickets to Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets in the A League and also the Liam Gallagher gig, tickets still avalible and not that expensive if anyone interested.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 21:52 - Nov 15 with 9387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dammit, not on BBC or Sky.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ashes Thread on 22:53 - Nov 15 with 9340 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m leaving on a jet plane on Dec 12th for Perth,Melbourne and Sydney.I can’t wait,although I’m not looking forward to the flights.
I hope that it isn’t over by then,and I don’t think it will be.
I get to Melbourne on the 20th and I didn’t know if there was anywhere to be able to watch the Bristol and Ipswich games in a pub somewhere?
I did hear from Melbourne Ranger(?) who said there is a rangers pub in the city and it’d be nice to pay a visit on the odd evening after the cricket.Just look for the drunken bald,blind old git if any wants to come and say hello.Or go halves on a Aus$10 pint?

I don’t think they are that much better than us but Home advantage might just make a difference.It will a great month anyway.
Ashes Thread on 23:25 - Nov 15 with 9308 viewsdaveB

Ashes Thread on 21:52 - Nov 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Dammit, not on BBC or Sky.

It's on BT Sport, they have been showing the womens ashes for free on you tube
Ashes Thread on 07:47 - Nov 16 with 9204 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 21:46 - Nov 15 by makaveli1882

I am out there for everyday in Melbourne and have tickets for Day 3 and 4 in Sydney...currently.

Have booked tickets to Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets in the A League and also the Liam Gallagher gig, tickets still avalible and not that expensive if anyone interested.

I wouldn’t mind going to both of those places.Where do you get the tickets from?
Ashes Thread on 07:56 - Nov 16 with 9196 viewskingsburyR

Is Ali fit?

Fu(ked without him batting down the order.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Ashes Thread on 08:18 - Nov 16 with 9177 viewsElHoop

Very envious of those travelling out to watch this, but i fear that we're in for a proper thumping. We don't have enough proper test players.

The Aussies are a stronger test side than they are in other format, in my view. Renshaw may be out of form but he's very promising. They've got Warner, Smith, Khawaja and Handscomb plus Bancroft is pushing hard for a place. I like Handscomb in particular.

Their quickies are quicker than our quickies.

Their spinners are better than our spinners.

We look out-gunned in every department in fact. Well hopefully I'm wrong and we can hang on in there, but I'm not hopeful. This could be a very good Aussie side.
Ashes Thread on 08:19 - Nov 16 with 9177 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ashes Thread on 23:25 - Nov 15 by daveB

It's on BT Sport, they have been showing the womens ashes for free on you tube

I don't have BT Sport. Can't get it on my cable package. I'll check youtube, thanks, if not maybe something else will work out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ashes Thread on 08:47 - Nov 16 with 9143 viewsflitwickhoop

I think each test will be decided by the toss (like most tests nowadays) to be honest.

I think both teams are a lot closer than people believe but the Oz bowlers look better than ours. Got a feeling some of the less senior batsmen in our ranks will shine though eg Malan and Stoneman.

Hunter is right about Broad, he needs to find form fast
Ashes Thread on 08:50 - Nov 16 with 9142 viewsmakaveli1882

Ashes Thread on 07:47 - Nov 16 by stowmarketrange

I wouldn’t mind going to both of those places.Where do you get the tickets from?

There you go mate

Event: Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets - Wed 3 Jan 2018 7:50pm

Allianz Stadium
Driver Avenue
Moore Park NSW 2021

The Cove (Their Loft) ticket cost $33 = £19.04

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/SYDFC1418/venues/SFS/performances/ESOC0000

Liam Gallagher Tickets

Venue:
Hordern Pavilion, NSW
Date:
Thu 04 Jan 2018 8:15PM

I paid just under $100 which is £57

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=LIAMGALL18
Ashes Thread on 09:05 - Nov 16 with 9125 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 08:50 - Nov 16 by makaveli1882

There you go mate

Event: Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets - Wed 3 Jan 2018 7:50pm

Allianz Stadium
Driver Avenue
Moore Park NSW 2021

The Cove (Their Loft) ticket cost $33 = £19.04

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/SYDFC1418/venues/SFS/performances/ESOC0000

Liam Gallagher Tickets

Venue:
Hordern Pavilion, NSW
Date:
Thu 04 Jan 2018 8:15PM

I paid just under $100 which is £57

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=LIAMGALL18

I’ve set up an account with them and got through to buying tickets but I keep getting blocked for payment details with my cards.
The joys of modern life.
Ashes Thread on 09:17 - Nov 16 with 9111 viewstoboboly

Would love to go. On the list.

Gonna try and pull the odd alnighter with a bucket of KFC and a crate of beer. What could go wrong?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 09:28 - Nov 16 with 9090 viewsTheChef

Try and get out of the Gabbatoir without losing.

Day-night Test in Adelaide with the pink ball will be a lottery.

Let's see where we are when we get to the 3rd Test!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ashes Thread on 09:38 - Nov 16 with 9078 viewsrbsranger

Can't see anything other than an absolute hammering.
Our batting is too fragile on the fast hard pitches against a very quick bowling attack and we don't have the pace to threaten them.
Hoping Vince (R's fan) and Malan (am a Middx fan) don't embarrass themselves or us
I am married to an Austrralian (who does not care) and so is my sister (who very much cares) so there is lots of family pride involved here...
Ashes Thread on 09:38 - Nov 16 with 9078 viewsozranger

Ashes Thread on 09:05 - Nov 16 by stowmarketrange

I’ve set up an account with them and got through to buying tickets but I keep getting blocked for payment details with my cards.
The joys of modern life.

What address are you giving for the card? I had this problem when I used my Oz card but with my UK address. Your billing address has to match that for the card. That may solve your problems.
Ashes Thread on 09:40 - Nov 16 with 9077 viewstoboboly

Ashes Thread on 08:19 - Nov 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't have BT Sport. Can't get it on my cable package. I'll check youtube, thanks, if not maybe something else will work out.

Can you get Test Match Special on the radio Brian? Better than the tv every day.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 10:23 - Nov 16 with 9044 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 09:38 - Nov 16 by ozranger

What address are you giving for the card? I had this problem when I used my Oz card but with my UK address. Your billing address has to match that for the card. That may solve your problems.

I’m using the cards registered to my home address but they still don’t work.I’ll try later.
Ashes Thread on 11:07 - Nov 16 with 9020 viewsderbyhoop

I think the Aussie bowling attack is better than we give them credit for. For me, the English batting line up is very fragile, although, in theory, we bat a long way down.
Cook has struggled in the early games. Vince and Malan have both got enough runs to put them in contention. However, I don't think either are good enough to be Test players. I suspect we'll be relying on Root, Bairstow, Ali and Woakes if we are to score above 250 in both innings.
Aussies to win 3-1.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024