Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really do despair at times. 23:23 - Nov 21 with 12237 viewsSnipper

I've seen many posts on facebook over the last few days, and especially tonight, saying that Holloway has to go. Even saying that we should never have got him back.
Yet the same people want Gerry Francis to return and to bring Tony Pulis with him.

I don't particularly like the situation that we're in but, WE DON'T HAVE ANY BLOODY MONEY!!

WE'RE GOING TO BE IN THIS MESS FOR A LONG TIME YET. WE HAVE A £40M FINE HANGING OVER US FFS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, WE HAVE NO BLOODY MONEY!!

GET FRANCIS IN, GET PULIS IN, GET CHARLIE AUSTIN BACK FFS.

WE HAVE NO FCKING MONEY YOU DIMWITS 😡😡😡.
I really do despair at times. on 13:59 - Nov 22 with 1655 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really do despair at times. on 12:55 - Nov 22 by daveB

why would they feel hard done by? Shodipo is coming back from injury, Furlong didn't play too well when he got a chance and is now injured

Shodipo has seen two wingers come in since his introduction and Furlong has seen a CB take the RB berth ahead of him occasionally.

But i'm nitpicking. Really proud of the amount of homegrown in that squad.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:21]
I really do despair at times. on 14:01 - Nov 22 with 1653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is encouraging reading. By and large I think that we're being realistic about the job facing us as a club, about the job facing our manager and about the expectations we should have. I'm enjoying all of your opinions.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I really do despair at times. on 14:11 - Nov 22 with 1624 viewsThe_Mole

Dare I say it, but should we loose to Brentford on Monday (and we're on Sky so it's a banker we will) could the club make a knee jerk reaction and give what the Facebook trolls want and part with Ollie?

I'm one of Ollie's biggest fans, but his team selection last night was puzzling? Still, he works with them day in day out so what do I know?!
I really do despair at times. on 14:25 - Nov 22 with 1580 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 13:53 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Well there's a lot of conflating going on here.
The only 'obvious' appointment they've made since Warnock was sacked (and Warnock, by the way, would absolutely come into your enormous catchment term of low hanging fruit, and he did ok (although there were more people wanting him sacked on here most weeks once we were promoted than almost anyone will admit to. Try finding those people now. Good luck) was Redknapp. Hughes was really high profile, a manager who did well for Wales, great for Blackburn, fine if not good enough at City and fine for Fulham. It was wrong he 'interviewed us' and was the wrong fit, but it was hardly obvious. Redknapp was obvious, and I despised him then as much as I do now and it was a horrific appointment. Ramsey was brave, if foolhardy (although we played some lovely stuff under him at times). And JFH was not 'in vogue'. They interviewed loads of people and went for what they thought was a young, progressive, hard working manager. You're being really harsh there I think.

As for Wagner. Well, yeah, wouldn't he have been lovely. But come on, let's be honest here. It was a great appointment, but they took a flyer and got lucky. Here's a quick list of European managers with good pedigrees appointed to this league, or just above, who were absolute catastrophes:

Felix Magathe
Stale Solbakken
Remi Garde
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Philippe Montanier
Paulo Sousa

And that's just a few I picked off the top of my head. Let's not make out there's an incredible ready supply of David Wagners out there and all you have to do is 'think outside the box'. I mean, that's nonsense. Every club wants a David Wagner. Not many actually find one. And there are probably loads og Wagners that are just as good as Wagner that failed for other reasons than their own ability.

I do agree that we're not appreciably better now than we were a year ago. But I also think that was always unlikely, and why I always thought there wasn't a great deal of point in sacking JFH. I'd argue appointing Holloay was quite shrewd, because he is who he is, and he has the love of the majority of fans, and so people will give more time (which is absolutely needed) than an 'outsider' - especially one who came from 'outside the box'. If a Wagner equivalent turned up and had Olly's first few months - a bloke from Germany who'd only ever managed a reserve side before - he'd have been gone, probably before the end of the season. Now, you can argue that that wouldn't have happened under Wagner, and you can argue that maybe Ollie should have been fired, but that's not really my point. My point is the club needs stability. If we stay up this season and next, the wage bill goes down, the squad streamlined, then, I'm afraid, it's job done. Perhaps that's the time to go for a sexier appointment. But it's really not that easy.

I thought JFH was in vogue.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I really do despair at times. on 14:30 - Nov 22 with 1571 viewsBerkoRanger

I really do despair at times. on 14:11 - Nov 22 by The_Mole

Dare I say it, but should we loose to Brentford on Monday (and we're on Sky so it's a banker we will) could the club make a knee jerk reaction and give what the Facebook trolls want and part with Ollie?

I'm one of Ollie's biggest fans, but his team selection last night was puzzling? Still, he works with them day in day out so what do I know?!

I think the only reason the club hasn't made a knee jerk reaction already is because there is a cushion currently between us and the bottom three in the league table. However, defeat on Monday and an angry crowd might change things. I've always "loved our Ollie" but baffling team selections and tactics and a lack of youngster opportunities is a worry for me. Going for Tony and Gerry is very tempting....
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 14:31]
I really do despair at times. on 14:30 - Nov 22 with 1569 viewsTheChef

If that happens and we do that (bearing in mind our lack of fit defenders) then it makes a complete mockery of everything TF, Hoos and Ferdinand have said.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I really do despair at times. on 14:55 - Nov 22 with 1536 viewskensalriser

Pulis ain't coming to QPR. Even if was interested, which he wouldn't be, we wouldn't be able to pay what he wanted. He's an established Prem manager and can simply play the waiting game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I really do despair at times. on 15:11 - Nov 22 with 1518 viewsdaveB

I don't think he'll be sacked straight away if we lose on Monday but he'll be close to it and a few more bad results away from going
Login to get fewer ads

I really do despair at times. on 15:13 - Nov 22 with 1517 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 13:08 - Nov 22 by LadbrokeR

Come on this is rose tinted glasses. We're performing pretty much how most expected us to this season.

We haven't won away since last February. I thought we may have won an away game by now. I didn't expect us to collapse in such comical fashion after Ollie was nominated for MOTM in October.

Burton at home was shocking

Millwall v ten men was also shocking. I could go on.

I expected us to be doing better.

Millwall at home may have been shocking for you but ended up a very good comeback

We've been pretty good in almost every home game bar Burton this season
I really do despair at times. on 15:22 - Nov 22 with 1500 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 13:42 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

They didn't fit the tactics, they were either on the bench or not in the squad, even then.

The wins, as I said at the time to be fair, we victories off perspiration over inspiration. We out fought our opponents and got a very lucky goal for Sylla.

A disportioncate number of our goals have come from the scraps of harassing the opposition. We just haven't clicked as a footballing side at all.

I think overall the squad fit playing 3-5-2 pretty well. The midfield 3 have been excellent all season, none of our forwards are any good playing up front on their own so the various combinations of them in this system has worked oK.

The main issue has been right wing back and number of injuries at the back although I think a switch of systems doesn't magically fix this as we don't have a brilliant right back and playing with different system can cause different problems to the team.

No easy answer really but I just don't think we're in a terrible place at the moment. I think the squad has improved in the last year but the progress hasn't been quick enough for everyone. We will lose games this season, probably more than we win and that won't change if we switch managers again
I really do despair at times. on 15:22 - Nov 22 with 1499 viewsTacticalR

Burton got a draw away at Brentford last night, and their previous away result was a win at Millwall. It's very shocking.

Air hostess clique

I really do despair at times. on 15:24 - Nov 22 with 1494 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 14:30 - Nov 22 by BerkoRanger

I think the only reason the club hasn't made a knee jerk reaction already is because there is a cushion currently between us and the bottom three in the league table. However, defeat on Monday and an angry crowd might change things. I've always "loved our Ollie" but baffling team selections and tactics and a lack of youngster opportunities is a worry for me. Going for Tony and Gerry is very tempting....

If you want young players to get a go then Tony Pullis can't be tempting. He'd be an abysmal appointment for what is needed
I really do despair at times. on 16:13 - Nov 22 with 1439 viewsLadbrokeR

I really do despair at times. on 13:34 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

inexcusable?
what have you seen? and what's your response to something 'inexcusable'?
it's a football match, mate, people to do wrong things in it.

In wont provide a list. But lets start with last night. I must admit I wasn't at the game but the words from the man that many seem to be defending I and I quote 'tonight we looked like a teddy bear that had it's stuffing ripped out and that's unforgivable for me'.

Like I said inexcusable. Ollie would agree.
I really do despair at times. on 16:18 - Nov 22 with 1434 viewsLadbrokeR

I really do despair at times. on 16:13 - Nov 22 by LadbrokeR

In wont provide a list. But lets start with last night. I must admit I wasn't at the game but the words from the man that many seem to be defending I and I quote 'tonight we looked like a teddy bear that had it's stuffing ripped out and that's unforgivable for me'.

Some of you need to listen to the person that you are getting behind. He knows its rubbish. Imagine if he came out and said it's football mistakes are made. I love him but really.
I really do despair at times. on 16:26 - Nov 22 with 1421 viewsTacticalR

I really do despair at times. on 12:39 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, but you could probably say that in 19 out of 20 seasons, at almost any club. And just three games ago we were fur unbeaten and had just nailed that same Sheff Utd team you mentioned there and some (ludicrously optimistic) fans talked of the play-offs. We're not suddenly rubbish - we all know the issues. A defence on its knees and not enough goals from everybody else. That won't change overnight. It was the same with our last manager, it was the same before that whenever Charlie was not playing. This is a really tough time. But these players will keep fighting. And that's the main thing.

Of course Sheffield United gave us a goal. Which was nice.

Air hostess clique

I really do despair at times. on 16:42 - Nov 22 with 1404 viewsPinnerPaul

I really do despair at times. on 06:38 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

I think we can do better than Ian Holloway.

Sums up the modern game/thinking.

3 bad results and lets have a new manager - despite all the evidence that it doesn't work.

Look at Palace and West Ham - transformed aren't they? Likewise Birmingham & Sunderland.

Just you watch WBA get in the top 6 now as well.

But hey ho, yep lets change the manager AGAIN - its worked so well for us and others.
I really do despair at times. on 16:46 - Nov 22 with 1398 viewsPinnerPaul

I really do despair at times. on 08:09 - Nov 22 by distortR

my worry is that they will become demotivated if there isn't a clear pathway from youth to first team, there must be a reward for good appearances as opposed to giving caulker a game because he's paid a lot.

Karl was saying how wonderful England looked with the youngsters in...........

Did you see the fans forum - seemed like there was a system in place now.

Also good interview by Chris Ramsey in local media.

AS WITH ALL CLUBS - let alone at our level, its about getting one or two players through to the first team - to expect 'someone' to come up with a 'system' that gives IH 5 or 6 players to choose from the U23s/18s when things aren't going well is bonkers.
I really do despair at times. on 16:49 - Nov 22 with 1392 viewsterryb

I really do despair at times. on 14:30 - Nov 22 by BerkoRanger

Tony very tempting?

This to a set of supporters that decided that JFH was boring.

That was very attractive compared to a Pullis team!
I really do despair at times. on 16:51 - Nov 22 with 1385 viewsAntti_Heinola

I really do despair at times. on 16:13 - Nov 22 by LadbrokeR

thanks for that mate, really backed up your points well.

Bare bones.

I really do despair at times. on 16:52 - Nov 22 with 1382 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Why don’t we all sit back, relax, and enjoy this relative golden era of drama free stability and community focussed football club that has been craved like a doner to a pisshead for so long .
I really do despair at times. on 16:53 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd honestly rather have stevec in charge of QPR than Pulis.

Bare bones.

I really do despair at times. on 17:14 - Nov 22 with 1342 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 16:42 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Sums up the modern game/thinking.

3 bad results and lets have a new manager - despite all the evidence that it doesn't work.

Look at Palace and West Ham - transformed aren't they? Likewise Birmingham & Sunderland.

Just you watch WBA get in the top 6 now as well.

But hey ho, yep lets change the manager AGAIN - its worked so well for us and others.

I'm not basing my opinion on three games, you've just made that up.

I thought we could do better than Ian Holloway when we appointed him. A year on and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise. According to the stats we've won 14, drawn 7, lost 21. It's just not very good - including but not only because of the last 3 games.

He's muddled in the transfer market, muddled tactically, and muddled with selection. His thoughts are muddled, so are his moods.

He's just not a very clever man.

I've read his book...
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 17:24]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I really do despair at times. on 17:18 - Nov 22 with 1336 viewswhittocksRs

I really do despair at times. on 16:52 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why don’t we all sit back, relax, and enjoy this relative golden era of drama free stability and community focussed football club that has been craved like a doner to a pisshead for so long .

Totally agree with this.

I thought supporting QPR was about wanting the players to try their best (and they do), having a manager that actually loves being the manager of QPR (IH does), being run financially and structurally well (which we are), being community-focused (we're the best in the country at the moment on this count), respecting the history of the club (we're doing that better than any other time I can remember) and expecting absolute sh*t with the good (which is what we get).

Those demanding Pulis or Allardyce or Charlie Austin or whatever... what do they want? Why do they support a club like QPR? Go and get your fix of Super Sunday and Jim White and fecking Betfair, and 'follow' someone like Tottenham or Athletico Madrid like the sheep you are.
I really do despair at times. on 17:19 - Nov 22 with 1335 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really do despair at times. on 17:14 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

I thought we could do better than Ian Holloway when we appointed him. A year on and I've seen nothing to suggest otherwise. According to the stats we've won 14, drawn 7, lost 21. It's just not very good - including but not only because of the last 3 games.

He's muddled in the transfer market, muddled tactically, and muddled with selection. His thoughts are muddled, so are his moods.

I've read his book...

How on earth could you possibly know who was available , affordable, and willing?
I really do despair at times. on 17:26 - Nov 22 with 1322 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 17:14 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

I've read his book...

muddled in the transfer market? Sold Chery and Polter for several million replaced them with Smith and Freeman for bugger all. Scowen on a free in the summer, Baptiste done well on a free.

He had an excellent record in the transfer market during his first spell as well

Well done for reading his book though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024