Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This country is a joke in bad weather 11:34 - Dec 10 with 6562 viewsloftboy

Off from East London to Bracknell to take my parents their Christmas prezzie and have a spot of lunch, firstly got delayed at Canning Town for 25 minutes, then at Waterloo train delayed by 15 minutes, then stopped at whitton for half hour due to trains wipers not working, now being turned off the train at Staines as it’s being taken out of service.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:58 - Dec 11 with 2043 viewsTheBlob

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:04 - Dec 11 by Boston

If you live in the middle of nowhere, a couple of passes by a plow leaves the roads wide open. If instead you reside somewhere where there are millions of people who insist on cluttering up the streets making it nigh impossible for any gritter/sanding/snow clearance, then you get chaos.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 0:11]

Unless you live in Ceredigion where you haven't seen a "plow" or gritter for years as your skyrocketting Council Tax mostly goes to Councillors' pension plans.
Your's sincerely,Blob of Devil's Bridge,currently cut off in snowdrifts,running out of sheep and seriously contemplating cannibalism.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:16 - Dec 11 with 2006 viewsDiscodroids

Just Been down the front at Leigh on sea for a top notch constitutional. More Snow than Gram Parsons travel Bag and the radius of my testis have diminished to the mean mode and median size of alpha particles. Got two nice skate wings for £7.

Might have a steak and potato heinz big soup for lunch while listening to Jeremy Vine.

Don't touch that dial for further updates.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:30 - Dec 11 with 1985 viewsMick_S

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:16 - Dec 11 by Discodroids

Just Been down the front at Leigh on sea for a top notch constitutional. More Snow than Gram Parsons travel Bag and the radius of my testis have diminished to the mean mode and median size of alpha particles. Got two nice skate wings for £7.

Might have a steak and potato heinz big soup for lunch while listening to Jeremy Vine.

The weather is so bad that I just had to LOG IN to this site.

Jeremy Vine, eh? The current affairs show for people that don't like current affairs. That's what someone said.

Welcome back, chum.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:35 - Dec 11 with 1971 viewsJAPRANGERS

Disco is back.

Where you been, NK prison camp??
This country is a joke in bad weather on 13:30 - Dec 11 with 1919 viewsTGRRRSSS

This country is a joke in bad weather on 16:23 - Dec 10 by Boston

Your country is shit, your roads are shit, your train system is shit, until you compare it to the rest of the world.

E well we are!

At least the Western First World I guess.

Don't think Somalia has much call for snow ploughs....
This country is a joke in bad weather on 14:01 - Dec 11 with 1886 viewsheadhoops

boston off to work

Konk's all rounder

Somali pirate snow plough

disco's lunch

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 16:51 - Dec 11 with 1828 viewsjohncharles

I was down in London for the match over the weekend. As I left yesterday it was white out in Bethnal Green and a winter wonderland as we travelled through the Southern half of the country. Get to Scotiand and the sun is out.

The weather chart is upside down.

Strong and stable my arse.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:09 - Dec 11 with 1808 viewshopphoops

My car yesterday:

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:14 - Dec 11 with 1801 viewsTacticalR

British Airways: 50,000 passengers stranded after de-icing meltdown at Heathrow
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/british-airways-50000-passen

Air hostess clique

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:19 - Dec 11 with 1796 viewshopphoops

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:14 - Dec 11 by TacticalR

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/british-airways-50000-passen

Normally passengers are "stranded" outside the UK like when there was the volcano erupting in Iceland and the Navy had to rescue plucky Brits from campsites in the Dordogne.

Shirley if they're stuck at Heathrow it should be "Holiday hopes dashed for 50,000 passengers"?

Also, "de-icing meltdown"? Sounds like a baked alaska.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:33 - Dec 11 with 1774 viewsJuzzie

This country is a joke in bad weather on 14:01 - Dec 11 by headhoops

boston off to work

Konk's all rounder

Somali pirate snow plough

disco's lunch

I thought Disco's lunch was the photo above the wording

Seriously though, we have so little snow I actually don't have a problem that we 'can't cope'.
Everyone would have to spend huge amounts of money that could be better used to have the infrastructure and equipment etc. sitting idle for 30-40 months at a time waiting for the next snow that'll last for a couple of days.

I know it's not ideal but just deal with a couple of days of awkwardness then back to normal for another 30-40 months.
This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:41 - Dec 11 with 1759 viewsMoonshineSteve

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:33 - Dec 11 by Juzzie

Seriously though, we have so little snow I actually don't have a problem that we 'can't cope'.
Everyone would have to spend huge amounts of money that could be better used to have the infrastructure and equipment etc. sitting idle for 30-40 months at a time waiting for the next snow that'll last for a couple of days.

I know it's not ideal but just deal with a couple of days of awkwardness then back to normal for another 30-40 months.

Don't be reasonable.

It's looked down upon.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:47 - Dec 11 with 1753 viewspaulparker

I just treat the snow like a bank holiday and just went down the pub where it was packed with plumbers, chipies, builders, scaffolders and co who were all doing what I was
Is there a better feeling than walking home after 5 pints of stellar in the snow ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:50 - Dec 11 with 1751 viewsPunteR

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:47 - Dec 11 by paulparker

I just treat the snow like a bank holiday and just went down the pub where it was packed with plumbers, chipies, builders, scaffolders and co who were all doing what I was
Is there a better feeling than walking home after 5 pints of stellar in the snow ?

Walking home after 6 pints...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This country is a joke in bad weather (n/t) on 17:56 - Dec 11 with 1745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:58 - Dec 11 by TheBlob

Unless you live in Ceredigion where you haven't seen a "plow" or gritter for years as your skyrocketting Council Tax mostly goes to Councillors' pension plans.
Your's sincerely,Blob of Devil's Bridge,currently cut off in snowdrifts,running out of sheep and seriously contemplating cannibalism.

[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 17:57]
This country is a joke in bad weather on 18:02 - Dec 11 with 1738 viewsted_hendrix

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:33 - Dec 11 by Juzzie

Just got a text from my lad who flew to Munich this morning and is flying back tonight on a later flight.
Just get on with it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 18:46 - Dec 11 with 1702 viewsSimonJames

Nice to see you back Disco, during our darkest hour...

100% of people who drink water will die.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 20:02 - Dec 11 with 1656 viewsdanehoop

Thank you South West Trains and Southern for being such a high quality service provision. Left the office early this afternoon after hearing of an incident delaying trains at Waterloo. Ended up on a tour of mainline train stations with departures towards the Epsom area which meant my usual one hour commute was two and half times as long.

SWT managed to get a trackside fire on one of the coldest and wettest days of the year so far - just as well they closed the station for a month in the summer to get that all sorted out. Then having diverted to the more downmarket environs of Victoria station to endure Southern Railways response to SWT's serving, a broken down train earlier in the afternoon which necessitated cancelling and delaying at random points all trains going anywhere in the region of South West London.

To be fair it was exciting. Having hung around for 35 minutes it was announced that a train which did leave on time - but we had 3 minutes to board from platform announcement to departure. Sort of like its a knockout for commuters at that point. A back pack I noted is the weapon of choice in the hands an expert for making way through unyielding crowds of Zombies on the concourse (my suspicion is that these are people just released by train companies when things are a bit sticky as a way to slow down access to platforms so you can enticingly see your train before it pulls out as you finally get to the platform you desire.

Obviously the train was slow and didn't go to my station, but it was as close as I could get I didn't at all begrudge the 30 minute walk in freezing condition to get home.

And breathe. Apologies. Needed to vent. Good luck to anyone else caught up in this tonight.

Never knowingly understood

This country is a joke in bad weather on 21:49 - Dec 11 with 1608 viewsjohann28

This country is a joke in bad weather on 17:14 - Dec 11 by TacticalR

Flake news?
This country is a joke in bad weather on 22:11 - Dec 11 with 1579 viewsPunteR

This country is a joke in bad weather on 21:49 - Dec 11 by johann28

Flake news?

This is snow joke johann28...!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

This country is a joke in bad weather (n/t) on 00:21 - Dec 12 with 1523 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather (n/t) on 17:56 - Dec 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 17:57]

You're a riot with the red pen recently mate.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:24 - Dec 12 with 1520 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:12 - Dec 10 by Tonto

Stuck at Prague airport because snow has blocked the runway at Stasted.... It's less than 2 inches of bloody snow! The plane for St Petersberg left on time... Just saying....

Oops, sorry Tonto, sliding finger across the screen and downed ya.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 13:10 - Dec 12 with 1438 viewssmegma

Just spoke to a Rangers mate who lives in Hemel. The streets are still snowed under and no grittier has been seen since the snow fell. Add to that the fact the street lights are turned off late at night must make it a barrel of laughs coming home late at night in Hemel.

As I said.....third world country.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 13:11]
This country is a joke in bad weather on 16:40 - Dec 12 with 1372 viewsBoston

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024