Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla not featuring today 18:30 - Jan 6 with 15644 viewsbosh67

We know Luongo was rested today but do we read anything into Sylla not featuring in the squad? Injured? Rested? Lined up to leave?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla not featuring today on 18:33 - Jan 6 with 6168 viewsrunningman75

I think Oli does not like Sylla and prefers Smith in the forward role. Smith needs competition but looks like options are limited and will not be surprised if Sylla goes.
Sylla not featuring today on 18:35 - Jan 6 with 6160 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm hoping him and Washington and going to be swopped for a real striker.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sylla not featuring today on 18:35 - Jan 6 with 6157 viewsflynnbo

We read that Holloway hasn't got much of a clue and has no plan B. Unless we have a striker lined up then he has a lot to answer for leaving him out.
Sylla not featuring today on 18:38 - Jan 6 with 6125 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sylla not featuring today on 18:35 - Jan 6 by flynnbo

We read that Holloway hasn't got much of a clue and has no plan B. Unless we have a striker lined up then he has a lot to answer for leaving him out.

Bullshit
They have both shown they are useless.

Sylla not featuring today on 18:40 - Jan 6 with 6103 viewsflynnbo

Sylla not featuring today on 18:38 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bullshit
They have both shown they are useless.

As is your view. Sylla is a goalscorer but doesn't get the service.
Sylla not featuring today on 18:44 - Jan 6 with 6079 viewsLblock

Cilla would get 15 to 20 a season with wingers pinging crosses into him

I love Ollie to bits but this playing with wingbacks when we aint got no wingbacks bullshit is only going to end one way

Soon as I saw todays squad I thought Washington is off for £2.67 and Cilla for the same amount plus a bag of unwashed tracksuits

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sylla not featuring today on 18:46 - Jan 6 with 6074 viewssmegma

None of our strikers could be classed as 'goal scorers'. They have 18 goals between the four of them having all played over 20 games each.
Sylla not featuring today on 18:51 - Jan 6 with 6034 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sylla not featuring today on 18:44 - Jan 6 by Lblock

I love Ollie to bits but this playing with wingbacks when we aint got no wingbacks bullshit is only going to end one way

Soon as I saw todays squad I thought Washington is off for £2.67 and Cilla for the same amount plus a bag of unwashed tracksuits

You're deluded Sylla 15-20 goals

Login to get fewer ads

Sylla not featuring today on 18:53 - Jan 6 with 6014 viewsWestbourneR

Sylla not featuring today on 18:44 - Jan 6 by Lblock

I agree. Been saying junk the wing backs. I just cannot understand why Ollie can’t see it

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sylla not featuring today on 18:55 - Jan 6 with 6006 viewsWestbourneR

Sylla not featuring today on 18:51 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He’s not. He’s got a decent goals per game record despite being and out of the side. He needs crosses from wingers getting to by line - not dross from Bidwell from deep

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sylla not featuring today on 18:59 - Jan 6 with 5970 views2Thomas2Bowles

This is the same BS that was said about Washington when the fact is they are league 1 at best
Sylla could not score 20 goals in the conference.

Sylla not featuring today on 19:07 - Jan 6 with 5929 viewsLblock

Sylla not featuring today on 18:59 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

This is the same BS that was said about Washington when the fact is they are league 1 at best
Sylla could not score 20 goals in the conference.

Just to amuse yourself.... work out Cilla's minutes on the pitch, divide it by number of goals he's scored, times that by 90 times again by 46

Or something like that!!!

His goal return is up there with the best of 'em at this level.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sylla not featuring today on 19:28 - Jan 6 with 5861 viewsShotKneesHoop

Sylla not featuring today on 18:35 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm hoping him and Washington and going to be swopped for a real striker.

Bryant and May look the perfect match. OK. I'll get my Nanny and be off down the road.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Sylla not featuring today on 19:43 - Jan 6 with 5774 viewsdaveB

Sylla not featuring today on 19:07 - Jan 6 by Lblock

Just to amuse yourself.... work out Cilla's minutes on the pitch, divide it by number of goals he's scored, times that by 90 times again by 46

he played 3 games over Christmas and never looked like scoring in any of them
Sylla not featuring today on 19:44 - Jan 6 with 5766 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sylla not featuring today on 19:07 - Jan 6 by Lblock

Well, I hope those stats get us some money for him and no one bothers to watch him play.

Sylla not featuring today on 22:34 - Jan 6 with 5524 viewsbosh67

His daughter is ill so the club let him drop out for family reasons. Glad that one is cleared up. Personally, given service I think he is a useful player at our level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla not featuring today on 22:41 - Jan 6 with 5497 viewsHunterhoop

Surely what we learned today was that it' should Luongo who is the driving force of this team, not Freeman or Scowen. Only real change was Luongo and we suddenly lose 1-0 at home to a team 25 places beneath us in the league.
Sylla not featuring today on 23:16 - Jan 6 with 5406 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sylla not featuring today on 18:51 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well he got double figures last season despite starting probably less than half the games. It's not that outlandish he could get 15 if he started 40 games.
I don't think he's brilliant, but putting him in for three games, dropping him for 4, putting him back in for 2, dropping him for a couple is never really a recipe for getting a striker bang in form.

Bare bones.

Sylla not featuring today on 01:44 - Jan 7 with 5258 viewsgobbles

Sylla not featuring today on 22:41 - Jan 6 by Hunterhoop

Surely what we learned today was that it' should Luongo who is the driving force of this team, not Freeman or Scowen. Only real change was Luongo and we suddenly lose 1-0 at home to a team 25 places beneath us in the league.

I don't think it showed that at all. We played against a team who got everyone behind the ball, got very lucky to go ahead and then were allowed to get away with not only constant time-wasting. but also stopping the game when we had a chance to break. The Cardiff game was much more open because they actually tried to attack.For the second half, everyone bar Smithies was in the MK half.
Sylla not featuring today on 06:50 - Jan 7 with 5172 viewsHunterhoop

Sylla not featuring today on 01:44 - Jan 7 by gobbles

I don't think it showed that at all. We played against a team who got everyone behind the ball, got very lucky to go ahead and then were allowed to get away with not only constant time-wasting. but also stopping the game when we had a chance to break. The Cardiff game was much more open because they actually tried to attack.For the second half, everyone bar Smithies was in the MK half.

Never said we've weren't attacking. Was highlighting that Luongo is the one who makes us tick; our best and most important outfield player. Results in the few games he's missed, where an otherwise strong full team is fielded, haven't been great.

But then you've not rated him before, so no surprise by your comment.
Sylla not featuring today on 07:12 - Jan 7 with 5153 viewsnix

Sylla not featuring today on 06:50 - Jan 7 by Hunterhoop

Never said we've weren't attacking. Was highlighting that Luongo is the one who makes us tick; our best and most important outfield player. Results in the few games he's missed, where an otherwise strong full team is fielded, haven't been great.

But then you've not rated him before, so no surprise by your comment.

I agree that I wouldn’t have rested Luongo for this match but for a slightly different reason. I thought Freeman actually looked more tired and anonymous for much of the Cardiff game and he really didn’t look sharp yesterday. He made a couple of unaccustomed errors where it just looked like he wasn’t really focusing.

Also, I don’t think that Chair is a like for like replacement for Luongo as he’s just not physically imposing enough. If he was resting Luongo, surely Manning is a much more natural replacement. But he just seems to be completely out of favour at the moment. I can’t believe that he didn’t even make the bench. Did Ollie just get carried away with a couple of cameos by the youngsters? But I definitely think that some people who don’t rate Luongo fail to see the amount of work he gets through; how many tackles he makes; how he closes space down; how he always makes himself available for passes and links up play. He’s hard to replace with anyone in our current squad but Chair wouldn’t be the answer. Maybe Olly thought he could bring Hall into midfield but the Baptiste injury early on spoiled that plan.
Sylla not featuring today on 09:32 - Jan 7 with 5011 viewssmegma

Sylla will get 20 goals a season ??? I've heard it all now.

Erm, he's got 14 in 54 games so far. Roy Of The Rovers stuff indeed.
Sylla not featuring today on 09:49 - Jan 7 with 4973 viewstraininvain

Sylla not featuring today on 09:32 - Jan 7 by smegma

Sylla will get 20 goals a season ??? I've heard it all now.

Erm, he's got 14 in 54 games so far. Roy Of The Rovers stuff indeed.

Just out of curiosity, how many of those games did he actually start?
Sylla not featuring today on 10:03 - Jan 7 with 4947 viewsdaveB

Sylla gone back home due to his daughter being ill s been given a few days off, thats why he didn't play
Sylla not featuring today on 10:38 - Jan 7 with 4888 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Sylla not featuring today on 09:49 - Jan 7 by traininvain

Just out of curiosity, how many of those games did he actually start?

Sylla has started 24 games in the last two seasons according to the stats here -

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/queens-park-rangers-team-stats?competition=23&s

Over 2016/17 and 2017/18 our strikers compare like this -

Sylla.......14 goals......2389 minutes played.....171 minutes per goal
Smith.....12 goals......2626 minutes played.....219 minutes per goal
Washington..11 goals..3915 minutes played..356 minutes per goal
Mackie...5 goals......2216 minutes per goal....443 minutes per goal

The same stat (last two seasons) for some of the more prolific scorers in the Championship at the moment -
Assombolonga....156 minutes per goal
Vibe....................165 minutes per goal
Vydra..................174 minutes per goal
Reid (Bris C)........269 minutes per goal
Adomah..............283 minutes per goal

For me by far the most important thing with strikers is how often they score. That's their job. Assists are good too. What they look like while their doing it is neither here nor there. People who criticise Sylla, or don't start him in the team, should reflect on those stats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024