Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. 16:02 - Mar 20 with 11592 viewsSnipper

At the moment, I hate the AA ad with the little girl singing. It pìsses me off every time it’s shown. 😡😡

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 13:34 - Mar 21 with 2572 viewstoboboly

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 13:08 - Mar 21 by MrSheen

Talking of which...

Sorry Gents.

That is going too fcking far.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 13:57 - Mar 21 with 2553 viewsisawqpratwcity

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 11:23 - Mar 21 by stevec

You're assuming we've mastered the remote control.

Recently worked out how to put TV on hold, handy when a phone call comes through, but when we resume watching if I ask my wife to turn the volume up she has an uncanny knack of changing the fckin channel instead and we miss the rest of the programme.

It's worth the effort to learn the technology. Instead of pressing pause, go to the program guide, it should come up with the program you're watching, and just press record. Mute the TV for your call, and when you've finished talking, watch your recording instead. Fast forward or jump through the ads until you've caught up.

I love modern TV. I don't need 4k HD: I grew up watching BBC and one commercial channel in Britain, B&W, 405 lines. Give me plenty of free-to-air channel choices, a hard drive and at least two tuners for recording, any moderately reasonable resolution and colour and I've got freedom from the yoke of competitive program scheduling and I'm as happy as a pig in shit. Netflix or whatever and using the internet for catch-up television (it's a big world: download Hola for a VPN) are just the icing and a cherry on top of an already decent cake.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 14:26 - Mar 21 with 2530 viewsoldmisery

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 21:21 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

Horace Batchelor.

Used to listen to him on Radio Luxemburg whilst balancing my small transistor radio on the side of the bath every Saturday evening.

How did it go? 'Good evening friends; blah, blah, blah; send a stamped addressed envelope to Department 1, Keynsham (spelt KEYNSHAM) Bristol.

How the hell can I remember that yet not know what I had for breakfast this morning?
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 14:38 - Mar 21 with 2519 viewscolinallcars

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 14:26 - Mar 21 by oldmisery

Used to listen to him on Radio Luxemburg whilst balancing my small transistor radio on the side of the bath every Saturday evening.

How did it go? 'Good evening friends; blah, blah, blah; send a stamped addressed envelope to Department 1, Keynsham (spelt KEYNSHAM) Bristol.

How the hell can I remember that yet not know what I had for breakfast this morning?

I believe the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band named their 1st album Keynsham as a reference to Horace.
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:05 - Mar 21 with 2494 viewsNorthernr

"What's a flat white"

1 - hate McDonalds and everything it stands for

2 - hate the fetishisation of coffee like it's some sort of magic potion

3 - hate the pretentiousness of all the names and blends and beans (yes I know this advert is taking the pis out of that too), and in turn the fact that making a basic cup of fcking coffee is now a selling point because everybody else has lost their damn minds.

4 - hate the fact that every time I'm in a shop or a cafe to do a ten second job - by a tin of pop, buy a paper, buy a packed sandwich - there's some cnt in front of me ordering a super duper uber medium sized caramel and hazelnut decaf macchiato with soy milk and filtered water and beans regurgitated by some Venezuelan monk, which ties the guy behind the counter up for three quarters of an hour.

5 - hate the fact that all that guy will talk about for the next day and a half is how amazing it was and how you've got to try one. My step dad got one of those George Clooney coffee machines for Christmas and he's fcking insufferable. All he talks about is Tottenham and fcking coffee.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:11 - Mar 21 with 2475 viewsMick_S

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:05 - Mar 21 by Northernr

"What's a flat white"

3 - hate the pretentiousness of all the names and blends and beans (yes I know this advert is taking the pis out of that too), and in turn the fact that making a basic cup of fcking coffee is now a selling point because everybody else has lost their damn minds.

4 - hate the fact that every time I'm in a shop or a cafe to do a ten second job - by a tin of pop, buy a paper, buy a packed sandwich - there's some cnt in front of me ordering a super duper uber medium sized caramel and hazelnut decaf macchiato with soy milk and filtered water and beans regurgitated by some Venezuelan monk, which ties the guy behind the counter up for three quarters of an hour.

5 - hate the fact that all that guy will talk about for the next day and a half is how amazing it was and how you've got to try one. My step dad got one of those George Clooney coffee machines for Christmas and he's fcking insufferable. All he talks about is Tottenham and fcking coffee.

It's a lot of money for a cup of boiling water.

I have also noticed that police officers spend a rather large amount of time standing around coffee machines in small supermarkets.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:15 - Mar 21 with 2463 viewsMick_S

Here's a good coffee advert. I've mentioned it before, but that is Roger Federer before he took up tennis.

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:44 - Mar 21 with 2445 viewsEsox_Lucius

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 15:05 - Mar 21 by Northernr

"What's a flat white"

There are only 2 beans, Arabica & Robusta, anything else is the roast or the grind and the dilution rate. All good espresso machines will deliver the necessary pressure required so why waste your money on hyped up nonsense? You could probaly buy a mid range Cimbali with the money spent on coffee in a year and have a much better product.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:22 - Mar 21 with 2399 viewsDorse

What's wrong wiv a cuppa splosh?!

(Let's all go daaahn the Strand, avva banana...)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 2394 viewsMick_S

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:22 - Mar 21 by Dorse

What's wrong wiv a cuppa splosh?!

(Let's all go daaahn the Strand, avva banana...)

I'll tell you what's wrong with it:

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:41 - Mar 21 with 2377 viewsSharpy36

Begging adverts get my goat, or is it Donkey.

Racial and sexual placements also.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:45 - Mar 21 with 2364 viewsSuperhoop83

"What's a flat white"

Suffering since 1978.

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:59 - Mar 21 with 2346 viewscheeseydane

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 17:58 - Mar 20 by ted_hendrix

I shot my television just before Xmas, gave the bastard thing both barrels, blew the mofo to bits.
Sometimes I get caught out by radio adverts but not often.

Yup... no tvchannels for me either
I have netflix and dvds.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 19:18 - Mar 21 with 2287 viewsnix

The fairy liquid ads. No woman ever has simpered over washing liquid. Or shake and vac or fabric softener. Makes me buy any product that doesn’t use these kind of lazy stereotypes.
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 23:12 - Mar 21 with 2196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 16:59 - Mar 21 by cheeseydane

Yup... no tvchannels for me either
I have netflix and dvds.

No telly for me either, but you still get ads if you watch programmes on your laptop. Not as many, thankfully.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 00:14 - Mar 22 with 2148 viewsdistortR

as a genre, i detest the ads that aim to make yourself feel bad about yourself if you can't afford the product - disney scrape the bottom of this shit pile - if you don't bring your kids here, you'll have failed them and yourself. well, thanks for reminding me that I'm skint and my children unfulfilled, and that the only experiences worth having are the plastic ones you've paid for, now fck off fck off fck off.

I believe that marketing, maslow's hierarchy of needs etc are an evil science. and that violence is purifying.

but i generally do at this stage of the bottle.

spirit of brighton
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 0:21]
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 00:41 - Mar 22 with 2133 viewsDannyPaddox

You can't beat an Orange Moccha Frapacino!
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 18:47 - Mar 22 with 2004 viewsR_from_afar

Have you seen the one for Ovo green electricity Metallica? I was in raptures the first time I saw it, not just because it plugs green energy and slams climate change deniers but also because - gasp - the background music is by Slayer (that lovely old hymn "Angel of Death" I do believe).

I'm still in shock.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 19:17 - Mar 22 with 1992 viewsPinnerPaul

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 09:46 - Mar 21 by toboboly

Surprised you guys even watch adverts, we record everything on a hard disk drive and watch it when we want so just fast forward through all the ads, haven't seen one in donkeys and when we cant fast forward just pop out to make a cuppa or use the loo.

Yep and me despite them funding my retirement!
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 23:13 - Mar 22 with 1913 viewslondonscottish

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 09:46 - Mar 21 by toboboly

Surprised you guys even watch adverts, we record everything on a hard disk drive and watch it when we want so just fast forward through all the ads, haven't seen one in donkeys and when we cant fast forward just pop out to make a cuppa or use the loo.

This

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 23:19 - Mar 22 with 1908 viewslondonscottish

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 12:19 - Mar 21 by Dorse

Bit harsh. Every time I see them, I am reminded of:

Love that.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 23:59 - Mar 22 with 1892 viewsBrixtonR

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 00:14 - Mar 22 by distortR

as a genre, i detest the ads that aim to make yourself feel bad about yourself if you can't afford the product - disney scrape the bottom of this shit pile - if you don't bring your kids here, you'll have failed them and yourself. well, thanks for reminding me that I'm skint and my children unfulfilled, and that the only experiences worth having are the plastic ones you've paid for, now fck off fck off fck off.

I believe that marketing, maslow's hierarchy of needs etc are an evil science. and that violence is purifying.

but i generally do at this stage of the bottle.

spirit of brighton
[Post edited 22 Mar 2018 0:21]

Unfortunately old chap I have to deviate from your hypothesis and offer the view that there is nothing wrong with Maslow's hierarchy of needs or MHN as it shall now be referred to. To me, it has nothing whatsoever to do with marketing but rather more to do with motivation theory. In my more lucid moments, I have always felt that MHN should be intrinsically linked by governments to their nationalization programs i.e. Nationalise up to the level of Physiological and Safety needs but no further.

Maybe you are thinking of the four P's of marketing Price Product Placement and Promotion? to be fair you are probably right that marketing is bollox as is HR a profession of sick evil wrong un scum.

PS still remember you, your girlfriend a couple of others and myself avin it with OB when we lost 2-5 to Spurs the week after the day that didn't happen lol Smith OUT ;-)

Redknapp is still a proper cnt tho

Right off for some self-actualization needs

Tomorrow: Herzberg and Victor H Vroom
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 07:45 - Mar 23 with 1825 viewsdistortR

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 23:59 - Mar 22 by BrixtonR

Unfortunately old chap I have to deviate from your hypothesis and offer the view that there is nothing wrong with Maslow's hierarchy of needs or MHN as it shall now be referred to. To me, it has nothing whatsoever to do with marketing but rather more to do with motivation theory. In my more lucid moments, I have always felt that MHN should be intrinsically linked by governments to their nationalization programs i.e. Nationalise up to the level of Physiological and Safety needs but no further.

Maybe you are thinking of the four P's of marketing Price Product Placement and Promotion? to be fair you are probably right that marketing is bollox as is HR a profession of sick evil wrong un scum.

PS still remember you, your girlfriend a couple of others and myself avin it with OB when we lost 2-5 to Spurs the week after the day that didn't happen lol Smith OUT ;-)

Redknapp is still a proper cnt tho

Right off for some self-actualization needs

Tomorrow: Herzberg and Victor H Vroom

Ok, I'll concede the point. I detest how MHN (I'm getting there!) can be used in a marketing context - trying to sell something to someone by undermining their self-esteem, or threatening their social bonds, etc.

Nationalising up to a level where we all have our underlying, basic needs are met sounds eminently sensible - do we take it to food production? I've been slowly, oh so slowly, reading a book by an anarcho-capitalist, who would argue that the 'free market' is the key to everything, and I'm easily swayed, you know! (although i do feel he puts too much faith in basic human goodness, which nicely segues to the next point!)

The spurs thing - that brought up some memories! as i was put in the cell, i wondered why they took my laces but not my scarf - ah, i see, you're banging me up with 3 spuds!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 18:27]
Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 10:59 - Mar 23 with 1760 viewsBluce_Ree

Adverts are gash but contrary to the original poster, I don't mind that AA advert. It's oddly well done and the kid has a bit of charisma compared to the usual kid actor. Although both her and AA can f*ck right off anyway.

Like everyone else I fast forward through that nonsense. I only get caught out if I'm watching live sports and then you're sort of stuck with it.

The one I hate is the 'you've gone nose blind' one. Mainly because of the poster on the wall which just says 'Rock Music.'

I hate the old Galaxy advert with fake CGI Audrey Hepburn. I think it's rough that she's being made to sell choc from beyond the grave. Also, it's unbearably twee.

Mainly though I hate any advert that has a breathy cover version of some '80s pop tune by some woman singer on acoustic guitar.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 11:27 - Mar 23 with 1737 viewsDannyPaddox

Adverts on tv you hate. Either now, or years gone by. on 07:45 - Mar 23 by distortR

Ok, I'll concede the point. I detest how MHN (I'm getting there!) can be used in a marketing context - trying to sell something to someone by undermining their self-esteem, or threatening their social bonds, etc.

Nationalising up to a level where we all have our underlying, basic needs are met sounds eminently sensible - do we take it to food production? I've been slowly, oh so slowly, reading a book by an anarcho-capitalist, who would argue that the 'free market' is the key to everything, and I'm easily swayed, you know! (although i do feel he puts too much faith in basic human goodness, which nicely segues to the next point!)

The spurs thing - that brought up some memories! as i was put in the cell, i wondered why they took my laces but not my scarf - ah, i see, you're banging me up with 3 spuds!
[Post edited 23 Mar 2018 18:27]

These days they'd stick you in the cheese room. Let you ferment a bit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024