Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie Mackie 10:03 - Apr 6 with 7771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

With it being announced that Mackie is leaving in the summer, I think he deserves his own thread and not to be lumped in with a wastrel like JET.

An excellent pro and a decent influence around the club, it's no wonder he's been very popular among us Rangers fans. I wish him nothing but the best wherever his future brings him and look forward to his Forever R's induction.

Thanks for everything, Jamie. Best of luck.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jamie Mackie on 10:09 - Apr 6 with 5027 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Very true Brian.

He’ll have no bother finding a club.

Good luck Jamie.

Jamie Mackie on 10:14 - Apr 6 with 4994 viewsnix

Echo Brian’s words. In a week where we’ve lost Ray Wilkins, Mackie is another guy who has really carried himself well with the club, set a great example to the younger players and always acknowledged the fans.

When my nephew was terminally ill and was able to go to first team training it was Mackie who spent half an hour chatting to him. A real gent. I’m hoping he might get some playing time at LR before the end of the season so we can give him a proper send off.

In the era of JET, Caulker, SWP, Assou Ekotto etc, Mackie has been a shining light of endeavour and commitment. Thanks for starting this thread.
Jamie Mackie on 10:29 - Apr 6 with 4945 viewssimmo

Deserves to be remembered as the cult hero he became with his infectious simplicity and commitment, not to mention his talent which were responsible for some of the most memorable goals and performances in recent years. Never gave anything less than 100% for the cause and without his injuries could have gone on to become a real modern legend.

One of those players where QPR has got under their skin and you can see it, his love for the club pours out of him and I hope he finds security with a contract somewhere else and comes back to LR one day Padula style, feeling the love and welcome to free pints in West London as often as he likes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jamie Mackie on 10:30 - Apr 6 with 4945 viewsRs_Holy

Yep one of the good guys, who really cared, always gave 100% and maximised his potential!

He was also very approachable and had a great sense of humour.
At the Stan Bowles pre-season match v Bournemouth in the summer Jamie was warming up along the touchline.
A young disabled fan was trying to get his attention and suddenly Jamie noticed him.
"Hello mate, how are you doing?"... "Yeah, have you had a good summer?".... "Yeah, yeah because we’re just about to ruin it for you!".... queue much laughter.

Thanks Jamie and good luck in the future!
Jamie Mackie on 10:30 - Apr 6 with 4940 viewsWrightUp5hit___

That goal at City, the one at home to Liverpool, he's central to some brilliant memories that will always stand out in an era that has been rather manic depressive.

Good luck to you Jamie, you are one of those who will always be welcome back to Loftus Road........or wherever we are.
Jamie Mackie on 10:36 - Apr 6 with 4916 viewsStevenageRanger

Agree with all that has been said.

I will never forget the Liverpool goal. I sit front row in Lower Loft and this (although not my picture) was my view when he stood in front of us!

Jamie Mackie on 10:47 - Apr 6 with 4884 viewsTacticalR

@nix 'In the era of JET, Caulker, SWP, Assou Ekotto etc, Mackie has been a shining light of endeavour and commitment.'

Exactly. My view when there was talk of him leaving for Forest:
"strong interest in Mackie brewing" by JonDoeman 15 Jul 2013 19:15
@davidmcintyre76 2h

Some strong interest in Mackie brewing. As I said towards end of last season, would not be at all surprised if he left #QPR this summer.

Getting rid of Mackie would be crazy IMO.

Maybe he has a future as a youth team coach? On the QPR podcast Steve Gallen mentioned Mackie as one of the first team players (along with Derry and Hill) who helped out the younger players.

Air hostess clique

Jamie Mackie on 10:51 - Apr 6 with 4872 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 10:09 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Very true Brian.

Good luck Jamie.

Apparently he had no technical ability and couldn't trap a bag of cement!!

Those goals (and others) prove otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie Mackie on 11:09 - Apr 6 with 4813 viewsAntti_Heinola

Scored a great number of vital and dramatic goals, terribly treated by Redknapp, but no surprise there. Could see him going to Wycombe.

Bare bones.

Jamie Mackie on 11:28 - Apr 6 with 4765 viewsWren67

Au revoir Jamie. The Liverpool goal was special for me. I had turned my back and was leaving when he scored. Never left a match before the final whistle since.
Thanks Jamie for never giving up and good luck in your future career
Jamie Mackie on 12:00 - Apr 6 with 4702 viewsRBlock

Massive loss for the club, if not on the field at this stage, then certainly off it. Had the pleasure to meet him knocking around Chiswick a couple of times, and he both times he was more than happy to stop for a chat and a laugh.

Zamoraaaa aside, I don't think I've ever celebrated any goal as much as when Mackie slotted it through Pepe Reina's legs in the 91st minute. Wish him the best of luck.
Jamie Mackie on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 4655 viewsterryb

I agree with these sentiments completely.

I was very pleased when we signed him, but was equally surprised when he started the championship season on fire!

It was also his goal at City that kept us up. I have no doubts that Bolton would have won that day until we went 2-1 up!

Whether we should have resigned him is another question, but his endeavour was never in doubt.

I also wish Perch all the best. Not the best of players, but he also gave his all in every game.
Jamie Mackie on 12:20 - Apr 6 with 4653 viewspaulparker

he gave a 100% and he cared that's all you can ask any footballer to do
if I were sunderland I would be looking to sign him , im a little surprised that we are getting rid as I think Ollie quite likes him around the place , not one of my favourite's but good luck to him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jamie Mackie on 12:29 - Apr 6 with 4622 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

In the highly unlikely, but still possible event we go down, i’d re sign him!
Jamie Mackie on 12:33 - Apr 6 with 4612 viewsMrSheen

It’s a shame that a player could stand out so much for looking excited to be playing for us. Great lad, all the best to him.
Jamie Mackie on 12:35 - Apr 6 with 4608 viewsRBlock

Who is going to be QPR's Archbishop of Banterbury now?
Jamie Mackie on 12:41 - Apr 6 with 4578 viewsFDC

No. Oh no. NO!

Jamie Mackie on 13:28 - Apr 6 with 4508 viewsphilc

For me, the two memories are the obvious ones, the winning goal against Liverpool and the one against Man City. Both of which make me realise what an important role he played in the team, and how bad our treatment of him was the following season, when we pursued our all star eleven policy.
Jamie Mackie on 13:47 - Apr 6 with 4457 viewsElHoop

I can only remember going to three Liverpool games with my dad - the 1975 one, the Wilkins goal game and this one. Maybe there were others but i don't remember them now. Two things about this game - firstly it was all over. We were dead and buried in the first half and it was just about how many they scored, such was their dominance. How we got back into it I'll never know. Derry scored ffs. I suppose that if that could happen then anything could. Secondly I think that after we got level Hughes was trying to get everyone behind the ball to protect the unexpected point and Mackie just ignored him. An amazing moment - his best for us I reckon. I always liked Warnock's comments about him - that he was the type who would just go up the park and play for fun because he loved it all so much.
Jamie Mackie on 13:51 - Apr 6 with 4443 viewsW7Ranger

Jamie Mackie on 13:47 - Apr 6 by ElHoop

I can only remember going to three Liverpool games with my dad - the 1975 one, the Wilkins goal game and this one. Maybe there were others but i don't remember them now. Two things about this game - firstly it was all over. We were dead and buried in the first half and it was just about how many they scored, such was their dominance. How we got back into it I'll never know. Derry scored ffs. I suppose that if that could happen then anything could. Secondly I think that after we got level Hughes was trying to get everyone behind the ball to protect the unexpected point and Mackie just ignored him. An amazing moment - his best for us I reckon. I always liked Warnock's comments about him - that he was the type who would just go up the park and play for fun because he loved it all so much.

Which Wilkins goal game? He scored 2 absolute belters against Liverpool don't forget...
Jamie Mackie on 14:02 - Apr 6 with 4401 viewsElHoop

Jamie Mackie on 13:51 - Apr 6 by W7Ranger

Which Wilkins goal game? He scored 2 absolute belters against Liverpool don't forget...

Well it was up the Loft end and he smacked it from outside the box and it kind of disappeared and rematerialised in the top left corner somewhere or other. It's been posted on here this week.
Jamie Mackie on 14:42 - Apr 6 with 4335 viewsFDC

I wasn't at the Derby game when Mackie scored right at the end to equalise, but it still holds a special place in my memory:

I'd been up all night at a party at my in-laws house. We were pushing through, still drinking and still had the music on, but with the sky sports goal updates on the telly on silent. I was unreasonably pissed-off that we were losing, in the way that you can only be when you've been up all night and are still drinking, and went outside for a smoke. When I came in and my brother-in-law told me we'd scored two injury time goals I celebrated like we'd won the league -- because even at that stage of the season it just felt like we were destined to do it.

By the time Routledge scored the winner away at Reading with 10 men I absolutely knew we'd do it.
Jamie Mackie on 14:57 - Apr 6 with 4307 viewsBoston

Jamie Mackie on 10:09 - Apr 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Very true Brian.

Good luck Jamie.

Dunno if you’ve listened to the whole recording, but after all the goals the chant of “One Jamie Mackie” is banging along and as it fades out the clearly audible voice of a younger fan can be heard shouting, “shut up you w@nker”!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jamie Mackie on 15:03 - Apr 6 with 4280 viewsDorse

It's a shame his second spell at the club was affected by injury. I really love his approach to the game. He looks like a kid, playing for fun and loving every minute of it.

Hope he finds a club soon. Best of luck to him!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jamie Mackie on 15:19 - Apr 6 with 4251 viewsrobith

One of my fondest memories is watching the Man City game in the coffee house in Soho with a couple of mates, and my non league supporting mate falling completely in football love with Mackie, as we spend most of the game shouting "RUN JAMIE" every time he got the ball, or when I celebrated our goal he grabbed me and screamed "JAMIE F**KING MACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in my face.

That's the effect Jamie had on people
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024