Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 players out of contract end of next season 18:50 - Apr 12 with 5198 views1JD

Huge list, which has implications for this summer. Any assets of value which are not part of the future, ie. those that will not be offered a new deal, will be sold this summer, subject to a buyer of course.

The club is highly unlikely to let them run down their contract and leave for nothing, and also unlikely to let it run down to 6 months (I.e January), giving the rate of diminishing returns (i.e. rapidly deteriorating value and little chance of a transfer fee)

Full list: Washington, Sylla, Wszolek, Cousins, Hall, Bidwell, Baptiste, Lynch, Furlong, Smyth, Lumley, Hamalainen

2 players stick out on that list as potential “unwanted” players, who a) will not be offered a new deal and b) would command a transfer fee this summer, yet virtually nothing in January.

Washington and Sylla.

I’m expecting both to move on this summer, with all others signing contract extensions either this summer, or part way through next season. Other than Hamalainen who has yet to impress Holloway and time is running out.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:07 - Apr 12 with 5153 viewsQPR_John

If Washington and Sylla are moved on then we are pretty short in the attacking department. They have to be replaced so let's hope any replacements are better
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:14 - Apr 12 with 5117 viewsterryb

Three players stand out to me & it would be nice to get them on new contracts soon - Furlong, Smyth & Lumley

I'm far from sure that any of the rest would be offered an extension apart from Bidwell & perhaps Hall (provided he can play next season).
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:19 - Apr 12 with 5102 viewsVancouverHoop

Personally I'd hang on to Sylla. He scores goals, what more can you ask of a striker? Unless there are questions about his health, attitude or salary why would you let him go?

Washington's another matter. He doesn't seem to have a striker's reactions, but if he isn't one what is he? I still don't understand why he plays well for Northern Ireland but looks lost for us. Logically he leaves, but I can't help but feel that, if he does, he may blossom with a different club.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:30 - Apr 12 with 5056 viewsWatfordR

12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:19 - Apr 12 by VancouverHoop

Personally I'd hang on to Sylla. He scores goals, what more can you ask of a striker? Unless there are questions about his health, attitude or salary why would you let him go?

Washington's another matter. He doesn't seem to have a striker's reactions, but if he isn't one what is he? I still don't understand why he plays well for Northern Ireland but looks lost for us. Logically he leaves, but I can't help but feel that, if he does, he may blossom with a different club.

Echo comments on Sylla. Always felt if handled and coached properly, he could be a beast at this level. Stat in the match report that he has 16 league goals from 25 starts, and if that's correct, well I'm not sure quite what there is to think about.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:52 - Apr 12 with 5001 viewsflynnbo

12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:30 - Apr 12 by WatfordR

Echo comments on Sylla. Always felt if handled and coached properly, he could be a beast at this level. Stat in the match report that he has 16 league goals from 25 starts, and if that's correct, well I'm not sure quite what there is to think about.

Totally agree. Sylla is a goalscorer and has a pretty good record. and I will always bang the drum for him. Who else can we buy with that record given FFP and our budget? He looks happy here, is already our player and appears to be settled. He shouldn't have to bust a gut chasing back; don't recall Lineker and other top goalscorers legging it back much.. The others are beginning to chip in as well so we oughtn't put too much pressure on him. Remember, he's been out since December and is still getting involved and getting goals. Didn't see too may willing volunteers wanting to take the penalty on Tuesday.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:56 - Apr 12 with 4986 views1JD

12 players out of contract end of next season on 19:52 - Apr 12 by flynnbo

Totally agree. Sylla is a goalscorer and has a pretty good record. and I will always bang the drum for him. Who else can we buy with that record given FFP and our budget? He looks happy here, is already our player and appears to be settled. He shouldn't have to bust a gut chasing back; don't recall Lineker and other top goalscorers legging it back much.. The others are beginning to chip in as well so we oughtn't put too much pressure on him. Remember, he's been out since December and is still getting involved and getting goals. Didn't see too may willing volunteers wanting to take the penalty on Tuesday.

For what it’s worth, I also agree. I like Sylla and think he is a good option.

Just don’t think Holloway sees it that way and may look to generate some income this summer for a new striker. Washington 500k-1m, Sylla 1.5-2m.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 20:25 - Apr 12 with 4892 viewskensalriser

So where are we going to find a striker with stats as good as Sylla's for £1.5m?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

12 players out of contract end of next season on 20:28 - Apr 12 with 4877 viewsMatch82

That stat is a little misleading though. A lot of his goals have come as sub, so it's not 16 goals from his 25 starts, it's more like 8 goals from the 25 and another 8 from another 30 sub appearances. Still good, and better than most of our other options, but not "no brainier" territory.
Login to get fewer ads

12 players out of contract end of next season on 20:46 - Apr 12 with 4823 viewsbosh67

Just don't understand why we wouldn't keep Sylla. Popular with team members, poacher, about one in three return and a good ratio when he starts. Where are we going to find better on no money?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

12 players out of contract end of next season on 21:15 - Apr 12 with 4738 viewsdaveB

12 players out of contract end of next season on 20:46 - Apr 12 by bosh67

Just don't understand why we wouldn't keep Sylla. Popular with team members, poacher, about one in three return and a good ratio when he starts. Where are we going to find better on no money?

only reason would be we can get some good money for him and he might struggle with a work permit if he doesn't play more regular
12 players out of contract end of next season on 22:27 - Apr 12 with 4594 viewsLblock

A lot of my lot are very critical of Cilla - I on the other hand think he's great.

I'll always love him for nearly throttling that Bolton to$$er of a ref at Foolham away last season when he awarded that last seconds penalty to them.

To make Cilla effective is simple
1. You play him
2. You motivate him
3. You get him the ball in the box, preferably from wide crosses
And then.... surprise, surprise.... he gets goals

I'd be getting contracts under the noses of Cilla, Pav, Hall, Furs, Smyth and Lumley and I'd be doing it sharp

We're liable to accept any bids that come in for our players though, so we'll see where we are I suppose.

Never mind, there's always Warren Farm on the horizon (always)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

12 players out of contract end of next season on 22:59 - Apr 12 with 4506 viewsMyke

Pretty sure Manning has only one year left on his contract too
12 players out of contract end of next season on 23:13 - Apr 12 with 4472 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

12 players out of contract end of next season on 22:59 - Apr 12 by Myke

Pretty sure Manning has only one year left on his contract too

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ryan-manning-agrees-contract-extension/

Good lad. Love's his mum!
(Sorry northern have to nick that one)
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:22]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

12 players out of contract end of next season on 08:38 - Apr 13 with 4149 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The OP raised a point that we’d all missed: what do we do with the one-year to goers?

If they won’t sign, flog ‘em...then sell them!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

12 players out of contract end of next season on 09:00 - Apr 13 with 4094 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

12 players out of contract end of next season on 08:38 - Apr 13 by PlanetHonneywood

The OP raised a point that we’d all missed: what do we do with the one-year to goers?

If they won’t sign, flog ‘em...then sell them!!

Definitely extend - Bidwell, Furlong, Smyth, Lumley.

Baptiste can wait til next year. I don't know much about Hamalainen

Open negotiations with the others and see where we stand.

Let's hope the club have noticed this before now! (I reckon they have)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

12 players out of contract end of next season on 09:15 - Apr 13 with 4043 viewspaulparker

another in the Sylla must stay camp I like him , and if Gary Madine is worth 6 million then sylla is worth 12 million , give him games and he will score

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

12 players out of contract end of next season on 09:37 - Apr 13 with 4009 views00calben

Some of those 12 might have automatic extension options in the Club's favour.

Either way I'm sure Furlong and Smyth will sign new deals this summer.

Lumley might be difficult to persuade to extend his contract? If I were him I'd see how this coming season goes knowing that if he doesn't play for us, he'd easily pick up a 2/3 year deal in League 1 to be first choice GK.

What's interesting about most of the rest of them is that they have market value. Given the way the Club is now being run they might decide that this summer they need to either sell or extend contracts for Wash, Sylla, Pav, Cousins, Hall, Lynch. Realistically we can't lose either Lynch or Hall with our current CB predicament so I'd expect both of them to be offered a year's extension as well.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 09:49 - Apr 13 with 3970 viewsrunningman75

I thought Hamalainen looked good in glimpses I have seen him. Though judging by lack of getting on the bench probably one that will have a future in lower leagues or non league.
12 players out of contract end of next season on 10:13 - Apr 13 with 3928 viewsDorse

Looking at the OP list, losing Perch, Onuoha and Robinson this season and with Lynch and Baptiste in their final year, the recruitment at CB is going to have to be spot on.

I wouldn't be averse to losing Lynch in the summer either (if we can find him a club that has a winter break) as it might pay for a contract extension for Onuoha. My concern would be bedding in an entirely new partnership in this year's 'Hardest Pre-Season In The World EVER!' The last time we tried it (Caulker and Ferdinand) couldn't exactly be described as successful for various reasons.

Wszolek's contract will depend on whether he has a decent World Cup - if he gets some attention, we'll pretty much have to sell (ditto Luongo tbf). Washington's situation is interesting because he has a reasonably high profile from his Norn Iron performances. We might get a few sniffs and turn over a deal pretty quickly. I'd like to keep Sylla because he clearly knows what that big thing with the net is for but I'd like to see him get 30+ games a season.

Cousins, Hall, Bidwell, Furlong, Lumley, Smyth and Hamalainen: get 'em all signed up ASAFP. They all have a future and therefore a sell-on value.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 10:14]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024