Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cupski 2018 Thread 18:04 - May 20 with 101416 viewsLblock

I’ve been pretty non plussed about the Copa Mundial this year which is unusual as I’ve always loved it. Perhaps FIFA have contributed to my overall “fcuk it” view to the modern game, I’ve never felt so remote from a tournament Inger-Lund have been in.
Part of me hopes it lives up to the scam it is with Russia being awarded 317 penalties in the group stages, empty stadiums with Escape To Victory dubbed crowd cheering noises all capped off with a plucky squad of kids winning it so rhino nose becomes Sir Gareth

Current questions for those buzzing about it or who simply know:-

1. Any good Apps for iPhone anyone come across? (Preferably free)

2. Can anyone recommend a Fantasy Competition for the tournament? I’ve been asked to run one at work; think the Sun used to do a simple one; no idea if they are as I haven’t bought a newspaper this decade.

3. Any players people recommend sticking in above / hidden jems????

4. What fixtures do we think are ones to make an effort to watch out of the current group stages? May have to organise work schedule and ensure a regular spot in The Leicester Arms on Warwick Street for any midweek afternoon games

5. What nation picks up the Jules Rimet this year for you? I’m thinking probably Germany but the last time they tried to conquer all the Russia issue didn’t work out well for them

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:53 - May 31 with 4343 viewsR_from_afar

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:51 - May 25 by DannyPaddox

That was my first thought too when I saw diplomat and world leader Donald Chumps signature.

So, the World Cup. Nigeria's shirts: An ECG reading when you've had too many Starbucks.

[Post edited 26 May 2018 7:59]

Holy cow, that is surreal! A real Marmite job, no one is going to be indifferent about that. It's either genius or dog toffee.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:55 - May 31 with 4334 viewsMick_S

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:53 - May 31 by R_from_afar

Holy cow, that is surreal! A real Marmite job, no one is going to be indifferent about that. It's either genius or dog toffee.

RFA

That's made my eyes go funny.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:36 - May 31 with 4313 viewsrobith

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:53 - May 31 by R_from_afar

RFA

Nike had 3 million pre orders for the Nigeria shirt.

Man Utd sold 2.8m last year
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:41 - May 31 with 4307 viewshubble

That Nigeria shirt is HIDEOUS!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 19:00 - May 31 with 4265 viewsEsox_Lucius

I haven't followed a WC since the Japan/ Korea tournament and reading things like doesn't really whet my interest in this corrupt debacle played in the name of football. Sick of it.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44321760

The grass is always greener.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:31 - May 31 with 4204 viewsFDC

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:41 - May 31 by hubble

That Nigeria shirt is HIDEOUS!

I think I like it. Or maybe hate it, I can't tell
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 01:23 - Jun 1 with 4163 viewsHooparoo

As we’re on the hunt for a good centre back, here’s one to watch at the World Cup - Trent Sainsbury. Currently playing for Grasshoppers Zurich and spent some time at Inter and in the Dutch League. Fast, strong, good in the air and confident on the ball. About to face a big test against France, Denmark and Peru for the Socceroos.

Maybe Mass could have a word with him. 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 09:00 - Jun 1 with 4114 viewsToast_R

I never win anything but yesterday I received a prize of sorts. Betfair are organizing this World Cup preview evening in London with some ex players/pundits next week and having registered my interest, I got an email inviting me along. They will be talking to Rio Ferdinand, Michael Ballack, Michel Salgado, Henrik Larsson and Rivaldo. Not a bad bunch I guess.
Login to get fewer ads

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:04 - Jun 1 with 4085 viewsDannyPaddox

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 01:23 - Jun 1 by Hooparoo

As we’re on the hunt for a good centre back, here’s one to watch at the World Cup - Trent Sainsbury. Currently playing for Grasshoppers Zurich and spent some time at Inter and in the Dutch League. Fast, strong, good in the air and confident on the ball. About to face a big test against France, Denmark and Peru for the Socceroos.

Maybe Mass could have a word with him. 😉

Trent Sainsbury in the back four. The Aussies like a supermarket sweeper.

I just checked Dale Winton on Wikipedia. He's not Australian! For 25 years I've thought he was Australian. Born in Marylebone.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 11:20]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:45 - Jun 1 with 4033 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 11:04 - Jun 1 by DannyPaddox

Trent Sainsbury in the back four. The Aussies like a supermarket sweeper.

I just checked Dale Winton on Wikipedia. He's not Australian! For 25 years I've thought he was Australian. Born in Marylebone.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 11:20]

He was a QPR fan, and transfer strategy advisor to Harry Redknapp and Tony Fernandes.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 13:08 - Jun 1 with 4006 viewsMick_S

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:45 - Jun 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

He was a QPR fan, and transfer strategy advisor to Harry Redknapp and Tony Fernandes.

He was also a DJ at Cheekee Pete's in Richmond (sausages).

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:14 - Jun 1 with 3958 viewsrobith

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:36 - May 31 by robith

Nike had 3 million pre orders for the Nigeria shirt.

Man Utd sold 2.8m last year

Aaaaaaaaaand it's completely sold out. Bloody hell
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:02 - Jun 1 with 3931 viewsToast_R

I really like the Nigeria shirt. Much like the Dutch/USSR designs of the late 80's - it's got Iconic written all over it.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:19 - Jun 1 with 3916 viewsDannyPaddox

I first looked at that Nigeria shirt and thought all the dynamism of those sharp angles could really be set off with a luxury feather boa. Then I saw the tracksuit and it all made sense 😲 😁

Dont dull 😂 whatever that means.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 10:19]
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:01 - Jun 4 with 3771 viewsaston_hoop

Leroy Sané left out by Germany. They must have a hell of a squad because he is a superb player.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:12 - Jun 4 with 3663 viewsToast_R

Interesting report on the Tunisian matches, most their players are observing Ramadan and have been visibly out on their feet in the second halves of their last two warm up matches. Until that is, the sun starts to set the goalkeeper fakes an prolonged injury and his team mates can rush to the side lines to take on water and snacks. They have improved in both matches late on. Unfortunately for England, Ramadam will be over when they meet in their first match.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:18 - Jun 4 with 3647 viewsToast_R

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 12:01 - Jun 4 by aston_hoop

Leroy Sané left out by Germany. They must have a hell of a squad because he is a superb player.

This is where Germany differ from England, if he don't fit the tried and tested system...
Shocking that Karius wasn't selected, a CL final under his belt???
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:31 - Jun 4 with 3617 viewsrobith

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:18 - Jun 4 by Toast_R

This is where Germany differ from England, if he don't fit the tried and tested system...

All of Germany's goalkeepers would probably be better outfield selections than England's entire backline
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 15:08 - Jun 4 with 3584 viewssimmo

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:18 - Jun 4 by Toast_R

From people that have seen many more Germany games than me, apparently Sane has been quite poor for the national team, inlcuding absolute shockers in recent games. Seems mental that someone so talented could be ommited, but it's not as if he's missing a place ahead of the likes of Welbeck, they have an embarrassment of riches, especially in midfield.

I'm sure his time will come.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 16:13 - Jun 4 with 3536 viewsted_hendrix

Just drawn Brazil in the sweepstake

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:28 - Jun 4 with 3399 viewsDylanP

I cannot wait. I'll be a pig in mud once the games start. Wall to wall international football. My rose-tinted glasses see England getting to the final 16 and then who knows. How any football fan isn't excited about the World Cup is completely beyond me.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 21:57 - Jun 4 with 3386 viewsBoston

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 14:12 - Jun 4 by Toast_R

Interesting report on the Tunisian matches, most their players are observing Ramadan and have been visibly out on their feet in the second halves of their last two warm up matches. Until that is, the sun starts to set the goalkeeper fakes an prolonged injury and his team mates can rush to the side lines to take on water and snacks. They have improved in both matches late on. Unfortunately for England, Ramadam will be over when they meet in their first match.

I think there'll be trouble when we put our crosses in.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:29 - Jun 4 with 3371 viewsHadders

I have an odd feeling about all World Cups and Euros. We all watch scores of hours of football and it all seems very exciting and important, but then someone wins and you just feel meh, what was that about? Soon the real football season starts again and no-one mentions the World Cup, as if it was just a dream.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:42 - Jun 4 with 3363 viewssmegma

I think Holland, Italy and Scotland have got a chance.
World Cupski 2018 Thread on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 3259 viewsterryb

World Cupski 2018 Thread on 22:42 - Jun 4 by smegma

I think Holland, Italy and Scotland have got a chance.

Now that looked a possibility Smegma.

That is , until you mentioned Scotland. Although, they did win the World Cup in 1967!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024