Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very very impressive 22:05 - Oct 23 with 5815 viewsWestbourneR

I can’t deny I’m getting more than a bit excited by what I’m
seeing. The whole team has clicked into another level. Not a single bad performance, lovely pass move, steel and commitment, and goals. Proper unit.

Special mention.

Cameron. For me quite possibly the most important factor in our transformation. He doesn’t just win the ball he has great feet as well and moves the ball quickly accurately and creatively. He passes forward with his head up. A rare quality.

Freeman. Spiky, livley and scary quick feet

Eze. What to say? I think he was tackled once in the whole 90. His touch, calm strength on the ball, swagger, looks like he’s walking around people - and vision. Real vision. The weight of pass incredible. He’s a huge talent. Unplayable. Enjoy him while he is here.

And massive well done so Steve McLaren. Has to be send he’s just doing a great job right now.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Very very impressive on 00:03 - Oct 24 with 1396 viewsDejR_vu

Things are starting to look up. I still don’t think we’ve properly clicked yet. We played really well in patches tonight but thought we were still a bit rushed and quick to play it long as well.

Lumley’s got that great habit of being able to pull off a save and get lucky when he doesn’t. The defence is looking solid. Cameron has found his feet and is far stronger than Scowen.

Good to see Wells getting on the scoresheet.

The whole team looks confident.

Not totally buying in to the Eze hype. He looks great in patches but still think he has a lot to work on. Freeman makes us tick.

If we can keep this run going for another few games I think we could really kick on. I don’t think there’s a huge amount of real quality in this division so who knows where we might end up.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Very very impressive on 00:08 - Oct 24 with 1372 viewsCiderwithRsie

Very very impressive on 22:19 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Yup I agree re Cameron. Calm, solid, elegant, class.

Albeit playing in a different position but there is a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember Glenn.

All mentions of Glenn Roeder get an automatic up arrow from me.

Unless you're calling him a **** obviously.
Very very impressive on 00:12 - Oct 24 with 1358 viewsHunterhoop

Very very impressive on 00:03 - Oct 24 by DejR_vu

Things are starting to look up. I still don’t think we’ve properly clicked yet. We played really well in patches tonight but thought we were still a bit rushed and quick to play it long as well.

Lumley’s got that great habit of being able to pull off a save and get lucky when he doesn’t. The defence is looking solid. Cameron has found his feet and is far stronger than Scowen.

Not totally buying in to the Eze hype. He looks great in patches but still think he has a lot to work on. Freeman makes us tick.

If we can keep this run going for another few games I think we could really kick on. I don’t think there’s a huge amount of real quality in this division so who knows where we might end up.

I’m very much of the opinion Luongo makes us tick. He plays well; we play well. He is at the heart of the team, and he is the heart of the team.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone played well. But Luongo is the beating heart. Started badly; so did the team. Upped it; so have our results.
Very very impressive on 00:31 - Oct 24 with 1282 viewsCiderwithRsie

One more thing:

I was pessimistic before Norwich because we'd had a couple of decent results, everyone was optimistic, sod's law said we'd lose.

Tonight was the first time in ages when sod's law didn't apply, we not only got the win but did it in style.

More against Bellend FC please.
Very very impressive on 00:32 - Oct 24 with 1280 viewsDejR_vu

Very very impressive on 00:12 - Oct 24 by Hunterhoop

I’m very much of the opinion Luongo makes us tick. He plays well; we play well. He is at the heart of the team, and he is the heart of the team.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone played well. But Luongo is the beating heart. Started badly; so did the team. Upped it; so have our results.

I agree he had a good game tonight but think he’s fluctuated between average and poor most of the season. I think the upturn in performances / results have more to do with the change in formation and Cameron doing some heavy lifting. I personally don’t think he’s been the catalyst, more that the better team performances have papered over the cracks in his form. But, frankly, I don’t really care! As long as we’re winning and he’s playing well i’m not bothered if it’s the chicken or the egg!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 0:36]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Very very impressive on 00:44 - Oct 24 with 1259 viewsNorthLondonR

The defence was immense.. absolutely immense. I really enjoyed a group of fanatical Germanics in front of me, constantly chanting "Toni Leischner.. fussball god, fussball god" virtually the whole game.

Lumley' s constant bark must help.. and it is constant.

It's so Eze (see what I did there?) Watching Eze on the ball. I think it bodes well for Friday if we have wells running onto through balls and chasing lost causes.

A very satisfying win and maybe we beat another poor team? But so were all the others we've played at home. We are far more disciplined nowadays and Leistner and Lynch were immense
Very very impressive on 01:37 - Oct 24 with 1196 viewsbob566

Very very impressive on 00:03 - Oct 24 by DejR_vu

Agree. Getting scowen out for cameron is a masterstroke. Nothing against scowen but the team is on the backfoot after his inevitable ten minute booking
Very very impressive on 01:58 - Oct 24 with 1179 viewsMistication92

Very very impressive on 22:15 - Oct 23 by FDC

It's time.

The Queens Park Rangers manager is called McClaren. It's McClaren. Claren with a Mc in front. McClaren.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 22:19]

Thank you! I really feel like this needs to be emphasised because it's been annoying me a lot.
Login to get fewer ads

Very very impressive on 03:19 - Oct 24 with 1133 viewstimcocking

Remarkable turnaround.

Have to be honest, after four games i thought we really were in the deepest sh!t imaginable and basically all self inflicted down to our complete incompetence at getting anything right. And MaClaren, although too early to judge, had basically got absolutely everything totally wrong.

What do i know? Champion's league is beckoning at this rate. Marvellous effort from all involved, please God let it continue.

Ps Albeit i'd still have done an awful lot completely differently and i'm not sure what state the squad will be in at the end of the season. But still, happy days.
Very very impressive on 08:01 - Oct 24 with 957 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very very impressive on 22:15 - Oct 23 by FDC

It's time.

The Queens Park Rangers manager is called McClaren. It's McClaren. Claren with a Mc in front. McClaren.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 22:19]

What are you saying?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Very very impressive on 08:40 - Oct 24 with 873 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Very very impressive on 22:25 - Oct 23 by Hunterhoop

I can’t get over how big a difference Pav makes at right wing. Up and down that touchline. Does all the basics well. Lovely cross on him. Never stops. Super performance. AGAIN.

Absolutely, who would have thought it! Round peg in a round hole and voila.
Very very impressive on 09:17 - Oct 24 with 801 viewsBoston

Very very impressive on 08:01 - Oct 24 by BrianMcCarthy

What are you saying?

You, of all people, should understand.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Very very impressive on 09:20 - Oct 24 with 796 viewsgoldcoasthoop

Very very impressive on 22:19 - Oct 23 by bosh67

Yup I agree re Cameron. Calm, solid, elegant, class.

Albeit playing in a different position but there is a bit of Glenn Roeder about him for those of us who remember Glenn.

Cant be a bad player then
Very very impressive on 09:38 - Oct 24 with 744 viewsdavman

Very very impressive on 00:44 - Oct 24 by NorthLondonR

The defence was immense.. absolutely immense. I really enjoyed a group of fanatical Germanics in front of me, constantly chanting "Toni Leischner.. fussball god, fussball god" virtually the whole game.

Lumley' s constant bark must help.. and it is constant.

It's so Eze (see what I did there?) Watching Eze on the ball. I think it bodes well for Friday if we have wells running onto through balls and chasing lost causes.

A very satisfying win and maybe we beat another poor team? But so were all the others we've played at home. We are far more disciplined nowadays and Leistner and Lynch were immense

Wednesday looked far from a poor team to me. They maybe missed a striker, but, in the whole, moved the ball well and defended well. Our goals were generally good attacking goals as opposed to poor defending with the possible exception of the third one where they were caught in possession.

We will lose to far worse teams this season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024