Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Bucket List 02:34 - Nov 28 with 2195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Boca v River (Bombonera)

Celtic v Rangers (Celtic Park)

Brasil v Argentina (Maracana)

QPR in Europe (Somewhere we don’t belong, like the Bernabou, Nou Camp, or San Siro)
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 2:37]
Football Bucket List on 07:01 - Nov 28 with 2115 viewsBlackCrowe

Closer to home, the battle of Bristol.

And less closer Real v Barcelona

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Football Bucket List on 07:48 - Nov 28 with 2076 viewsCiderwithRsie

A win at the City Ground.
Football Bucket List on 08:18 - Nov 28 with 2048 viewsRBlock

Partizan Belgrade v Red Star Belgrade? Or would I absolutely get stabbed
Football Bucket List on 09:04 - Nov 28 with 2010 viewssmegma

Football Bucket List on 08:18 - Nov 28 by RBlock

Partizan Belgrade v Red Star Belgrade? Or would I absolutely get stabbed

Done it.At the Marakana (as it was called at the time) I wasn't killed or even stabbed.
Football Bucket List on 09:09 - Nov 28 with 2001 viewsMrSheen

Rome or Istanbul for me. Might need some disposable pants.
Football Bucket List on 10:17 - Nov 28 with 1965 viewsBoston

Oxford Utd v Swindon Town.
Dundee v Dundee Utd

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Football Bucket List on 10:36 - Nov 28 with 1941 viewsJuzzie

Football Bucket List on 09:09 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

Armoured pants more like.
Football Bucket List on 10:52 - Nov 28 with 1933 viewstoboboly

Knaphill v Kingstonian

Rained off last night despite there being no rain from 6pm onwards.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Football Bucket List on 12:34 - Nov 28 with 1860 viewsstowmarketrange

Football Bucket List on 09:09 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

I’ve been to the stadio Olympico for the rugby,and is a great stadium,although a bit dated.The setting is outstanding.I think it might be a little more hostile for football though.

I went to the Milan derby 25 years ago and that was more of a friendly atmosphere.I saw fans of both sides walking out together and even sitting side by side in the stadium.
They seem to get one up on their rivals by banners and songs rather than by violence.
Football Bucket List on 13:19 - Nov 28 with 1801 viewsToast_R

Went to the Merseyside derby two years ago this December. It wasn't all it's cracked up to be. Awful game compounded by Liverpool sneaking a last minute winner.
Football Bucket List on 15:18 - Nov 28 with 1721 viewsWokingR

Football Bucket List on 10:52 - Nov 28 by toboboly

Knaphill v Kingstonian

Rained off last night despite there being no rain from 6pm onwards.

I'm only about 200 yards from there and can confirm there was no rain last night. The problem with that pitch though is that it is at the bottom of a hill right next to the canal so is almost always wet to some degree.
Football Bucket List on 15:25 - Nov 28 with 1713 viewsManinBlack

I have attended the following fixtures many, many years ago:

Celtic v Rangers at Celtic Park
Hearts v Hibs at Tynecastle
Dundee v Dundee Utd at Dens Park
Dundee Utd v Dundee at Tannadice
Arsenal v Tottenham at Highbury

I have also been to Brentford v Fulham at Griffin Park if that is eligible for this list.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:29]
Football Bucket List on 15:47 - Nov 28 with 1684 viewshopphoops

Football Bucket List on 12:34 - Nov 28 by stowmarketrange

I’ve been to the stadio Olympico for the rugby,and is a great stadium,although a bit dated.The setting is outstanding.I think it might be a little more hostile for football though.

I went to the Milan derby 25 years ago and that was more of a friendly atmosphere.I saw fans of both sides walking out together and even sitting side by side in the stadium.
They seem to get one up on their rivals by banners and songs rather than by violence.

I used to live in Rome and went to many Roma games but never the derby, as getting teargassed and the match being called off were always the most likely result. The Juve and Napoli games were always tasty, while Inter, Milan and Fiorentina were big games but not derby-like.

It's become really hard for fans to travel to games in Italy so the atmosphere's not what it was - in the good old days there were lots of away fans and the police would maintain order throughout the stadium by randomly beating the crap out of them. Juve always brought a good hardcore, Livorno brought the most exploding things and Samp put on a good show.

The best away fans I remember were Hadjuk Split and Olimpiakos - and in fact I think for a while now the best action's been in Eastern Europe.

Check out this site which gives away fans marks out of 10 for effort... http://www.asromaultras.org/vistiaroma0809.html

Chels*** get a derisory 4:

"CHELSEA
C ---- H --- E--- L --- S --- E --- A!
I was hoping to hear this cry that had made me shiver almost 25 years ago, but my wait was in vain. Even if three charter planes were diverted to Pescara for bad weather, the fact is that the 1500 or so Chelsea present at the Olimpico were one of the biggest disappointments ever. They could be heard 3 or 4 times. Motionless, without colours, without any kind of passion.
Among the worst fans seen at the Olimpico in recent years. The only alibi is that the good ones were on those charters.
Rating: 4"

Even Fulham did a bit better ( http://www.asromaultras.org/vistiaroma_0910.html):

"FULHAM
Fulham at home has very few fans.
On the road it does better and, even with tame supporters who were even sitting (except the upper part), sometimes they made themselves heard, certainly more than the Chelsea of some time ago, which is something.
About 300 were expected, 2,000 turned up.
Rating: 6"

Well done Konk. I would hope we'd be at least a 9 if we ever got there...
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:50]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Football Bucket List on 16:16 - Nov 28 with 1650 viewsKonk

Football Bucket List on 15:47 - Nov 28 by hopphoops

I used to live in Rome and went to many Roma games but never the derby, as getting teargassed and the match being called off were always the most likely result. The Juve and Napoli games were always tasty, while Inter, Milan and Fiorentina were big games but not derby-like.

It's become really hard for fans to travel to games in Italy so the atmosphere's not what it was - in the good old days there were lots of away fans and the police would maintain order throughout the stadium by randomly beating the crap out of them. Juve always brought a good hardcore, Livorno brought the most exploding things and Samp put on a good show.

The best away fans I remember were Hadjuk Split and Olimpiakos - and in fact I think for a while now the best action's been in Eastern Europe.

Check out this site which gives away fans marks out of 10 for effort... http://www.asromaultras.org/vistiaroma0809.html

Chels*** get a derisory 4:

"CHELSEA
C ---- H --- E--- L --- S --- E --- A!
I was hoping to hear this cry that had made me shiver almost 25 years ago, but my wait was in vain. Even if three charter planes were diverted to Pescara for bad weather, the fact is that the 1500 or so Chelsea present at the Olimpico were one of the biggest disappointments ever. They could be heard 3 or 4 times. Motionless, without colours, without any kind of passion.
Among the worst fans seen at the Olimpico in recent years. The only alibi is that the good ones were on those charters.
Rating: 4"

Even Fulham did a bit better ( http://www.asromaultras.org/vistiaroma_0910.html):

"FULHAM
Fulham at home has very few fans.
On the road it does better and, even with tame supporters who were even sitting (except the upper part), sometimes they made themselves heard, certainly more than the Chelsea of some time ago, which is something.
About 300 were expected, 2,000 turned up.
Rating: 6"

Well done Konk. I would hope we'd be at least a 9 if we ever got there...
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 15:50]

I was at the game at the Stadio Olimpico. Only about 20,000 in and I think their ultras were boycotting or something, so not that much atmosphere all round. I'll give them a Chelsea 4!

As you say, the loudest fans tend to be out East these days - loudest home support I've seen play in front of would be Hadjuk Split, CSKA Sofia or Wisla Krakow. Other than that, Besiktas, Fenerbahce and Olympiakos and Patizan were all very loud when I've seen them.

I think I'm a bit ultra-ed out though. Took some Dutch mates to a top of the table clash between Hibs v Dundee United a couple of years ago - sold out crowd, Friday night game with half the crowd pis sed-up and they thought it was amazing to be in the middle of a mental atmosphere that was totally spontaneous and unchoreographed. I find the whole ultra thing where the atmosphere barely changes irrespective of what's going on in the game, a bit dull. I know the atmosphere is invariably cack in England now, but given the right circumstances, when the atmosphere is good, I'd take that over some div with a loud hailer and 500 blokes in matching hoodies.

Arbroath v anyone - me and Danny Paddox frolicking on the beach in our trunks before the game - that's the one for me.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Football Bucket List on 16:25 - Nov 28 with 1640 viewshopphoops

Football Bucket List on 16:16 - Nov 28 by Konk

I was at the game at the Stadio Olimpico. Only about 20,000 in and I think their ultras were boycotting or something, so not that much atmosphere all round. I'll give them a Chelsea 4!

As you say, the loudest fans tend to be out East these days - loudest home support I've seen play in front of would be Hadjuk Split, CSKA Sofia or Wisla Krakow. Other than that, Besiktas, Fenerbahce and Olympiakos and Patizan were all very loud when I've seen them.

I think I'm a bit ultra-ed out though. Took some Dutch mates to a top of the table clash between Hibs v Dundee United a couple of years ago - sold out crowd, Friday night game with half the crowd pis sed-up and they thought it was amazing to be in the middle of a mental atmosphere that was totally spontaneous and unchoreographed. I find the whole ultra thing where the atmosphere barely changes irrespective of what's going on in the game, a bit dull. I know the atmosphere is invariably cack in England now, but given the right circumstances, when the atmosphere is good, I'd take that over some div with a loud hailer and 500 blokes in matching hoodies.

Arbroath v anyone - me and Danny Paddox frolicking on the beach in our trunks before the game - that's the one for me.

Hi Konk! I see you there with the "LFW on tour" flag :)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Football Bucket List on 18:08 - Nov 28 with 1572 viewspaulparker

Been lucky and done 2 world cups and 2 Euros with England
Also done Sunderland vs Newcastle, city vs united , spurs vs Arsenal I wouldn’t mind Millwall vs West Ham and Rangers vs Celtic though
Done the odd game in Spain when visiting realatives but it doesn’t have much of a buzz for me as you hardly get any away fans to get anything going or get that edge
The ultimate would be a europa league run with Rangers , just one season going into a league against Ajax, Sparta Prague , Hamburg would do it for me

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Football Bucket List on 18:24 - Nov 28 with 1554 viewstoboboly

Football Bucket List on 15:18 - Nov 28 by WokingR

I'm only about 200 yards from there and can confirm there was no rain last night. The problem with that pitch though is that it is at the bottom of a hill right next to the canal so is almost always wet to some degree.

Buggers tweeted to say the match was on, by the time I walk up to the darkened ground I realise it may not be! Turns out a second later tweet said it was cancelled.

Can you get the council to put up some streetlights before it is rearranged? Bloody death trap round there!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Football Bucket List on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 1542 viewsDevonWhite

Football Bucket List on 09:04 - Nov 28 by smegma

Done it.At the Marakana (as it was called at the time) I wasn't killed or even stabbed.

Yeah, me too. A teenaged Mitrovic scored for Partizan and Red Star won 3-2.

It was pretty lively. We were stood behind the goal with the ultras. This was pre-match:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024