Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren: Stick or Twist 18:48 - Mar 9 with 27510 viewsNortholt_Rs

I reckon Stick just because of our financial situation but that was god-awful today. Four points out of the last 30 is pretty depressing....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 07:47 - Mar 10 with 2501 viewsLythamR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 01:23 - Mar 10 by PunteR

wheres Amit?

WHO?
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:15 - Mar 10 with 2456 viewsRangersw12

Might aswell stick although I've never warmed to him

We should be focusing on getting rid of the buffon Fernandes who has basically ruined the Club
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:19 - Mar 10 with 2453 viewstraininvain

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 23:08 - Mar 9 by paulparker

So your judging manning on 2 games then ? The lad needs a run of games not the odd appearence

Manning’s 22 years old. He’s been at the club since 2015 making 34 appearances. He’s not shown enough to nail a first team place during that time and I doubt he ever will.

Holloway and McClaren both haven’t played him regularly in central midfield. He was dropped by the Rotherham manager and ended up making sub appearances. Seems a bit harsh to dig out McClaren for not playing him regularly.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:51 - Mar 10 with 2394 viewsPunteR

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:15 - Mar 10 by Rangersw12

Might aswell stick although I've never warmed to him

We should be focusing on getting rid of the buffon Fernandes who has basically ruined the Club

This. But its not just TF. I'm not even sure what he does at the club anymore. What is Amit doing these days as well.?
I think there is a bit of confusion at the club about who's running it and what direction we want to go in. That's just pure speculation on my part.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:08 - Mar 10 with 2364 viewsWatford_Ranger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:19 - Mar 10 by traininvain

Manning’s 22 years old. He’s been at the club since 2015 making 34 appearances. He’s not shown enough to nail a first team place during that time and I doubt he ever will.

Holloway and McClaren both haven’t played him regularly in central midfield. He was dropped by the Rotherham manager and ended up making sub appearances. Seems a bit harsh to dig out McClaren for not playing him regularly.

He’s looked more than decent at times but you can never get the best from a player who gets one match in five and will be hooked first even if he’s no worse than those around him.

If and when Freeman goes we will need him.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:13 - Mar 10 with 2355 viewsTonto

This may seem a bit blunt but it's a stupid question. Anyone who thinks the grass is greener is deluded.

We are seeing so many aspects of life where people are cali g fir stuff to be broken down and rebuilt... and it hasn't exactly got us anywhere; politics, climate change, football, Top Gear. Take your pick. Change does not always equal better.

I am seeing progress. It may be slow, glacial slow at times, but it IS progress. We flirted with the playoffs, the football has been better most of the time, the youngsters have had more time (3 regulars). What do people expect? Who is going to buy a club with massive fines over its head? I suppose the Blackpool and Bolton owners are available...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 2344 viewsR_from_afar

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 21:53 - Mar 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’ve got some questions......

If a ex England, Dutch Premiership winning, UEFA cup finalist ain’t going to make it who do you think will?

A young manager?(JFH)
A experienced manager? (Holloway)
A highly trained manager? (Ramsey)

Changing the manager rarely works for us. The only thing we haven’t tried is actually sticking with one through a shit storm.

Fck sake.

I totally agree. We are better placed currently than most expected and have, surprisingly, had a good cup run. Even during this rough patch, we have played well in all but three (if memory serves) games.

Many Rangers fans want Ainsworth as our next manager due to his excellent work at Wycombe, on a miniscule budget. He is clearly a decent manager but one thing which may have helped him is that he has been given time to get it right:

- One season nearly relegated
- The next nearly promoted
- The next actually promoted
- The current one probably staying up with ease.

Whoever is our manager next season is going to have a very tight budget, making us very unappealing to potential new managers, so not many would be interested plus I'd like to see if sticking with someone who has done a reasonable job so far, given the circumstances, can actually build something over the longer term.

It's not Steve's fault that Ollie was (harshly) sacked and we have got to stop expecting managers to deliver miracle transformations in 10-30 games.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:17 - Mar 10 with 2338 viewsNed_Kennedys

Have a meeting with McClaren as soon as the season ends and make it clear to him that there will be no more expensive senior loan signings next season and he has to do what he was brought in for in the first place: coach and improve our younger players, work with what we have got and build a team.

I think he will walk.
Login to get fewer ads

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:19 - Mar 10 with 2334 viewsdaveB

review it at the end of the season but i'm at the couldn't care less stage at the moment, i doubt changing managers will improve anything
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:36 - Mar 10 with 2297 viewsRangersw12

What is our style of play ? We haven't had an identify or ethos for years and until we decide what club we are it's always going to be the same

This season we have relied on short term overpaid premier league loans which frankly has done nothing for the club and probably made us certainties for relegation next season
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 2289 viewspaulparker

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 08:19 - Mar 10 by traininvain

A certain les Ferdinand hardly played any games until a decent coach came in called Gerry Francis who then made him a 6 million pound player he did that by having faith , good coaching and giving him games , the mo for Mclaren from this board was to get the best out of the kids because Olly was “inconsistent” I keep hearing how much better a coach Mclaren is than Olly but I’ve seen precious little infact the following have gone backwards as players or not given a chance
Scowen
Furlong
Smyth
Smith
Manning
Chair
BOS

The defence has shipped to many goals and yesterday and Brentford were cack this is followed up by a 7 game losing streak
I’d give him one more year if he doesn’t walk but let’s not sugar coat this season it’s been basically the same as last year but without the youngsters given a go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:49 - Mar 10 with 2272 viewsBostonR

Stick unless he walks. On occasions he does get it right but I hope someone reads him the riot act over yesterday- fecking pathetic management from him.
Obviously it is now about staying up and organising next season. Given some clubs are inevitably going to fall foul of FFP we might be better placed next season to take advantage of that. Lessons have to be learnt from this season such as not losing your opening games and getting smashed. Move out some players and re-balance the squad. There has to be better footballers than Bidwell,Lynch and Scowen.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:55 - Mar 10 with 2242 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:42 - Mar 10 by paulparker

A certain les Ferdinand hardly played any games until a decent coach came in called Gerry Francis who then made him a 6 million pound player he did that by having faith , good coaching and giving him games , the mo for Mclaren from this board was to get the best out of the kids because Olly was “inconsistent” I keep hearing how much better a coach Mclaren is than Olly but I’ve seen precious little infact the following have gone backwards as players or not given a chance
Scowen
Furlong
Smyth
Smith
Manning
Chair
BOS

The defence has shipped to many goals and yesterday and Brentford were cack this is followed up by a 7 game losing streak
I’d give him one more year if he doesn’t walk but let’s not sugar coat this season it’s been basically the same as last year but without the youngsters given a go

It’s like trying to choose between a chocolate teapot and a chocolate fire guard.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:04 - Mar 10 with 2212 viewsWatford_Ranger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:17 - Mar 10 by Ned_Kennedys

Have a meeting with McClaren as soon as the season ends and make it clear to him that there will be no more expensive senior loan signings next season and he has to do what he was brought in for in the first place: coach and improve our younger players, work with what we have got and build a team.

I think he will walk.

I doubt he’d walk.

We’d get to 10 points from 15 games then he’d walk.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:07 - Mar 10 with 2206 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:49 - Mar 10 by BostonR

Stick unless he walks. On occasions he does get it right but I hope someone reads him the riot act over yesterday- fecking pathetic management from him.
Obviously it is now about staying up and organising next season. Given some clubs are inevitably going to fall foul of FFP we might be better placed next season to take advantage of that. Lessons have to be learnt from this season such as not losing your opening games and getting smashed. Move out some players and re-balance the squad. There has to be better footballers than Bidwell,Lynch and Scowen.

But we have no money....and have just agreed to a £42m penalty with the EFL. So how are we going to move on players and improve the squad? TF’s gross mismanagement has absolutely f ucked the club for at least the next 5 years and probably the next decade. He has stepped down as chairman but guess what?...the damage has already been done. I’m no big fan of SM but he has a really poor squad and is working under impossible constraints. If he goes what quality manager is going to come in to a club in our dire situation? Name names....

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:20 - Mar 10 with 2172 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd stick. We need to try and build on what has been done this season, try and get some consistency around the club and a bit of momentum, try and see a plan out for more than a year.

We did the Olly argument last year and we can't agree, it may have been harsh but he didn't help himself with his erratic selections and behaviour. If he had stayed there was a much higher chance of a change in the autumn, which we have done so many times to little or no avail.

As for Manning who would you leave out? Against Leeds our midfield all played brilliantly, Feeman, Luongo, Cousins and Pav. Midfield has usually been the strongest part of our team. The team was terrible against Brentford but the all important first goal came from a penalty that was ridiculous and probably the effect of so many games has fatigued us mentally and physically, Yesterday was frustrating and we could/should have changed it more and earlier but Stoke were very experienced and professional in their grinding it out approach.

As for the youngsters, Olly only really started playing them towards the end of last season and I remember him saying he really liked Chair but whenever he picked him we lost. Furlong's confidence has been affected by our recent bad run but if my memory is correct he was playing well when he came back from his three/four month injury.

After our recent bad run we have to get some points to ensure we get to the safety mark asap and then we can start thinking about the future so can you really blame him for being more worried about losing than going all out for the win.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:22 - Mar 10 with 2167 viewsdavman

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:17 - Mar 10 by Ned_Kennedys

I think he will walk.

You GENUINELY think he hasn't worked all that out for himself already? It was all on the table when he started and I am sure that he is in this with his eyes wide open.

Face it, we have tried every type of manager and feck all has changed.

Might as well stick with this one until, as a club, we just give up and resign ourselves to the fact that complying with FFP will leave is to find our right and natural position in the Third tier.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 2160 viewstraininvain

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:08 - Mar 10 by Watford_Ranger

He’s looked more than decent at times but you can never get the best from a player who gets one match in five and will be hooked first even if he’s no worse than those around him.

If and when Freeman goes we will need him.

We’ll be playing league one football in 2020 if we’re relying on Manning to replace Freeman.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:28 - Mar 10 with 2138 viewsWatford_Ranger

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:24 - Mar 10 by traininvain

We’ll be playing league one football in 2020 if we’re relying on Manning to replace Freeman.

I agree. A lot of other players will have to step up too.

Fk knows who will actually be here. We’ll need these young players to become consistent quickly but I think there are decent Championship players in all of Bright, Smyth, Manning and Kakay.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:29 - Mar 10 with 2136 viewsNed_Kennedys

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:22 - Mar 10 by davman

You GENUINELY think he hasn't worked all that out for himself already? It was all on the table when he started and I am sure that he is in this with his eyes wide open.

Face it, we have tried every type of manager and feck all has changed.

Might as well stick with this one until, as a club, we just give up and resign ourselves to the fact that complying with FFP will leave is to find our right and natural position in the Third tier.

How was it all on the table when he started? The talk from the club was he was brought in to coach, play and improve the youngsters but he was allowed to ditch this in the main and bring in Hemed, Wells and Cameron instead.

If he can't or won't follow the remit then he should go: we cannot afford to try to buy our way out of trouble any more.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:32 - Mar 10 with 2124 viewsDejR_vu

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:07 - Mar 10 by Northolt_Rs

But we have no money....and have just agreed to a £42m penalty with the EFL. So how are we going to move on players and improve the squad? TF’s gross mismanagement has absolutely f ucked the club for at least the next 5 years and probably the next decade. He has stepped down as chairman but guess what?...the damage has already been done. I’m no big fan of SM but he has a really poor squad and is working under impossible constraints. If he goes what quality manager is going to come in to a club in our dire situation? Name names....

Agree 100% on Fernandes, except, under the current regulations, I don’t think it’s five or ten years, I think it’s irreparable.

On McClaren, this run is inexcusable. Yes, we have problems, but so does pretty much everyone else in one form or another. Genuine question, as I don’t know the answer, have Bolton lost seven on the spin this season?

The form since the turn of the New Year is made even worse by the run we had before Christmas. No one was forfeiting games and giving us points. We were top of the form table, now we’re bottom. We haven’t been bottom all season scratching around for the odd point.

McClaren knew what he was walking in to. We’re weaker at the back this season by virtue of Smithies going, but he’s had more up front, even ignoring Hemed’s absence.

Clint Hill was 100% on the money when he warned against letting standards slip. Two seasons ago we lost six on the spin which we’re told is only the second time in our history it’s happened. Then we did it again last season. Then we get seven, SEVEN this season. One win in ten.

This club needs to grow a pair. Everyone is tip-toeing around, walking on egg shells, making excuses for fear of saying something that upsets someone. Anything goes at this club. One win in ten, after being in touching distance of the play offs, is utter sh1te, and the buck stops with the manager for that.

Standards, we don’t have any.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:34]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:50 - Mar 10 with 2066 viewsGloucs_R

Best cup run in 20 years
We'll probably end up lower in the table and with less points than last year
Just about to lose several first team players, contacts ending and others sold
Can't really afford to pay McLaren off
Our squad for next season has relegation written all over it
Not convinced we can afford to bring in any quality, unless Penrice works a miracle

So is not McLaren, then who? Ramsey would be within budget! For Ainsworth we would have to pay compensation and we don't have the money...

No choice other than stick but I'm fully expecting to go down next year.

Poll: Are we staying up?

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:52 - Mar 10 with 2056 viewstraininvain

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 09:42 - Mar 10 by paulparker

Scowen
Furlong
Smyth
Smith
Manning
Chair
BOS

Fair point re Sir Les. But the same logic applies to all our youngsters. Les didn’t become a great player overnight under Gerry Francis. His form was patchy at the start and that’s the same with most youngsters. We’ve seen Eze, Lumley, Bright and Furlong put in some big performances this season. Truth be told we’re probably overreliant on them at this stage in their development but that’s ffp.

I’m somewhere in the middle with McClaren. We’ve seen improvements in some areas but it’s not been good enough in other areas. We need to give him another season in my view.
McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:00 - Mar 10 with 2031 viewsLblock

Schteeve’s managerial nuts surely in question now?
It’s been pointed out to me that he’s repeating slumps he’s had at all his previous clubs and his teams rarely finish seasons well.

Looks like a case of great coach on training ground but being Manager is a step too far. His in game management is awful and I can only think of the Brum game where the second half showed a change, invention and improvement.

Having said that, I’m also in the couldn’t give a fark camp. There’ll be no change.
We’ve seen what works.... a strong character like King Warnock, club run by a calm character like Amit and a well balanced squad (obviously having a Tarrabat helps).

Hoping for a couple of wins next few weeks and we can check out for the season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 2025 viewsNortholt_Rs

McClaren: Stick or Twist on 10:32 - Mar 10 by DejR_vu

Agree 100% on Fernandes, except, under the current regulations, I don’t think it’s five or ten years, I think it’s irreparable.

On McClaren, this run is inexcusable. Yes, we have problems, but so does pretty much everyone else in one form or another. Genuine question, as I don’t know the answer, have Bolton lost seven on the spin this season?

The form since the turn of the New Year is made even worse by the run we had before Christmas. No one was forfeiting games and giving us points. We were top of the form table, now we’re bottom. We haven’t been bottom all season scratching around for the odd point.

McClaren knew what he was walking in to. We’re weaker at the back this season by virtue of Smithies going, but he’s had more up front, even ignoring Hemed’s absence.

Clint Hill was 100% on the money when he warned against letting standards slip. Two seasons ago we lost six on the spin which we’re told is only the second time in our history it’s happened. Then we did it again last season. Then we get seven, SEVEN this season. One win in ten.

This club needs to grow a pair. Everyone is tip-toeing around, walking on egg shells, making excuses for fear of saying something that upsets someone. Anything goes at this club. One win in ten, after being in touching distance of the play offs, is utter sh1te, and the buck stops with the manager for that.

Standards, we don’t have any.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2019 10:34]

No doubt SM is getting an easy ride given his diabolical stats - Holloway/JFH/Ramsey would’ve been slaughtered. Especially at that Brentford game.... I just think we are all so exhausted with our situation constantly degenerating its knocked the stuffing out of our fan base. Fernandes is 100% responsible for taking the euphoria of being promoted to the PL and replacing it with what we have today. I just dont know the answer.....can we even afford to sack McClaren and pay him off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024