Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread 10:30 - May 5 with 18431 viewsloftboy

I’m going 4-0 to the owls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:11 - May 5 with 2355 viewsNov77

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:24 - May 5 by kensalriser

Reading draw,19th is ours.

Open top bus parade?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:18 - May 5 with 2284 viewskingo

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:47 - May 5 by DavieQPR

Well if FF Derby do go up via the play offs it makes the mess of their ground purchase go away.

Exactly and means the EFL don’t have to make a decision against their favoured team
[Post edited 5 May 2019 16:18]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:22 - May 5 with 2257 viewsdannyblue

FWIW I thought their second was a clear penalty. He checks back with his right foot, about to put his left foot down to turn back on to the ball and Manning's slide takes it out from under him.

First one is a joke.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:22 - May 5 with 2255 viewsloftboy

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:11 - May 5 by Nov77

Open top bus parade?

We can borrow Leeds!!

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:23 - May 5 with 2248 viewsMiss_Terraces

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:02 - May 5 by Sharpy36

And some on here hate VAR

I agree with you 100% this is sh!t.
VAR, is not the answer.
Think about the Bobby Zamora goal, we all went mental as soon as the ball hit the net.
Under VAR, we would have had to wait, until the moment has gone.
I hate VAR, QPR getting screwed over by referees decisions, is sh!t. Better than VAR because I'm used to it.
Even the premiership started off great, most people on here, hate what it has become.
However bad VAR is now, it's going to get far worse.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:28 - May 5 with 2206 viewsloftboy

Just seen the highlights and can say that is worse than the Aston Villa penalty at Loftus Road in the prem awarded by Mr Oliver.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:39 - May 5 with 2135 viewsManinBlack

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:23 - May 5 by Miss_Terraces

I agree with you 100% this is sh!t.
VAR, is not the answer.
Think about the Bobby Zamora goal, we all went mental as soon as the ball hit the net.
Under VAR, we would have had to wait, until the moment has gone.
I hate VAR, QPR getting screwed over by referees decisions, is sh!t. Better than VAR because I'm used to it.
Even the premiership started off great, most people on here, hate what it has become.
However bad VAR is now, it's going to get far worse.

I thought VAR only gets used if a suspicion of a foul, offside, handball or ball out of play? None of those applied to Zamora's goal so I think immediate celebrations could start.

I suspect I am the only one here who believes the refs have been told by the EFL to punish us wherever possible because of Faurlingate and our legal challenge to FFP. As the weeks go by the refereeing decisions against us get progressively worse. It seems to much of a coincidence for us to get the worst decisions.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:56 - May 5 with 2038 viewsMiss_Terraces

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:39 - May 5 by ManinBlack

I thought VAR only gets used if a suspicion of a foul, offside, handball or ball out of play? None of those applied to Zamora's goal so I think immediate celebrations could start.

I suspect I am the only one here who believes the refs have been told by the EFL to punish us wherever possible because of Faurlingate and our legal challenge to FFP. As the weeks go by the refereeing decisions against us get progressively worse. It seems to much of a coincidence for us to get the worst decisions.

We have only started with VAR, each season we will get more VAR.
We will stop celebrating goals, until VAR allows it.
That is the future, attendances will drop.
£30+ and you can't properly celebrate the goals.
What's the point?

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Login to get fewer ads

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 17:26 - May 5 with 1940 viewsrrrspricey

If the adage that these types of decisions even themselves out is true, we should have a great season coming up, obviously no point in awarding us pens though!
[Post edited 5 May 2019 17:27]
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 17:30 - May 5 with 1920 viewsVancouverHoop

VAR does not stop controversy. People just argue about different things – like whether the referee should have called for a review but didn't, or whether he over-ruled the VAR crew or not. Or, if VAR can over-rule the field officials anyway, whether they got it right or not, and isn't the game being ruined by faceless dolts who we can't yell at.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 17:31 - May 5 with 1917 viewsDylanP

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 16:56 - May 5 by Miss_Terraces

We have only started with VAR, each season we will get more VAR.
We will stop celebrating goals, until VAR allows it.
That is the future, attendances will drop.
£30+ and you can't properly celebrate the goals.
What's the point?

What on earth are you cracking on about?

You are making up a scenario that doesn't actually exist and then imagining a time int he future when it does, and complaining about that!!

SMH

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 18:31 - May 5 with 1769 viewsdistortR

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 17:31 - May 5 by DylanP

What on earth are you cracking on about?

You are making up a scenario that doesn't actually exist and then imagining a time int he future when it does, and complaining about that!!

SMH

being at a match is very much being in the moment - VAR takes away from that
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 20:39 - May 5 with 1563 viewsBoston

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 18:31 - May 5 by distortR

Just like sex with blow up dolls.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 20:51 - May 5 with 1519 viewsFDC

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 20:39 - May 5 by Boston

Just like sex with blow up dolls.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 00:37 - May 6 with 1298 viewsSharpy36

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 18:31 - May 5 by distortR

Maybe, but what it also gives the paying public is an honest fair result, so what if it takes a minute or two to reach a correct decision.
Lets take Thierry henrys hand ball against the ROI in an important play off game that led to a winning goal being scored and ultimately a place at the world cup being sacrificed. Or Maradonas "Hand of God".
Or should we put it down to being there and them just being "Moments" ?. We were on the wrong side of two poor referering decisions today that had we lost out on had the game carried some weight we may have been speaking about VAR in a different light.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 00:45 - May 6 with 1283 viewsDejR_vu

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 00:37 - May 6 by Sharpy36

Maybe, but what it also gives the paying public is an honest fair result, so what if it takes a minute or two to reach a correct decision.
Lets take Thierry henrys hand ball against the ROI in an important play off game that led to a winning goal being scored and ultimately a place at the world cup being sacrificed. Or Maradonas "Hand of God".
Or should we put it down to being there and them just being "Moments" ?. We were on the wrong side of two poor referering decisions today that had we lost out on had the game carried some weight we may have been speaking about VAR in a different light.

There’s such a big team bias now it’s embarrassing. VAR might actually be a way of redressing the balance slightly.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 07:35 - May 6 with 1159 viewspaulparker

QPR in my 36 years of following have always had decisions go against them in pretty much every season have a look at when Liverpool last won the league and that dodgy pen they got or the milk cup semi with Dawes , the twice taken penalty at bramall lane , the Clint hill goal that was never given , we could be here all day going through this stuff it’s being going on for decades it’s a joke even with FFP look at Brum they got away with it and I bet forest , Derby Sheffield wed, and villa do to not only that but the media have always hated us , crap articles , put downs or shifting our goals to a 10 second clip
It’s never going to change

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024