Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread 10:30 - May 5 with 18435 viewsloftboy

I’m going 4-0 to the owls

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:33 - May 5 with 2532 viewsJigsore

get in Matt, going to need him next season

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:34 - May 5 with 2517 views100percent

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:30 - May 5 by RangersDave

yes but only because the ones below us were more shyte than we were.

That's how it works dave, from top to bottom....
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:34 - May 5 with 2499 viewsdistortR

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy,.............."

Never lose the avatar, Dave!!
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:37 - May 5 with 2421 viewsNov77

On the second one, Their player uses his left leg to try and initiate contact with manning to make it look like a penalty, then nearly takes manning’s head off swinging his right boot at him,

Unbelievable.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 14:37]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:38 - May 5 with 2398 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great.

Delighted for those that traveled. I know the game meant nothing today, but that should be a little boost for the R's fans.

Would have been a bitch to be robbed by those penalty decisions.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:41 - May 5 with 2312 viewsDejR_vu

Big posh Matt.

Great result. Nice to finish off the season with a win.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 14:42]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:45 - May 5 with 2219 viewsderbyhoop

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:32 - May 5 by distortR

bloody hell.

Not as bad as the first, although I'm not sure if anything could be, but quite clearly no contact.

I can easily see why that was given.
Manning went to ground too early, the guy pulled it back and momentum meant that Manning took his legs away.

F*** it . It doesn't matter thanks to Big Posh Matt.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:47 - May 5 with 2196 viewsjonno

Surely it is time for some kind of investigation to be instigated into these referees and the decisions they make? Today's referee - and the one at Derby - was clearly intent on getting a result for the home team. Add to that the revelations by Freeman on the apology letters and something needs to be done.
Login to get fewer ads

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:47 - May 5 with 2184 viewshoops_legend

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:21 - May 5 by kensalriser

That could possibly be the worst pen decision I've ever seen it's that bad.

Worse than the Shaun Derry one???? On Ashley young...

Jokes aside something needs to be done about this ref today. They should investigate!
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:49 - May 5 with 2150 viewsAntti_Heinola

yep, that's how sport works!

Bare bones.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:49 - May 5 with 2157 viewsDannyPaddox

Yep really pleased for all those that went to the game today. A great win to finish the season. Final position 19th. And if the season had gone on for another month? Well who knows. Maybe 18th. Bye bye match thread enjoy the summer. See you in August
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:51 - May 5 with 2122 viewsjonno

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:45 - May 5 by derbyhoop

Manning went to ground too early, the guy pulled it back and momentum meant that Manning took his legs away.

The Wednesday player had clearly fallen over - Manning had not touched him - and the ball was two yards behind both players. Manning slid straight backwards - if anything the Wednesday player collided (slightly) with him having already lost his footing.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:51 - May 5 with 2098 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:45 - May 5 by derbyhoop

he shouldn't have gone to ground, but he doesn't take one leg let alone two. Guy checks back then treads on him and almost volleys him in the face. Dreadful - amazing it wasn't even the worst decision in the game.

As for the above, yep, that first was one was worse for me than the Ashley Young one.

Bare bones.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:54 - May 5 with 2068 viewsflynnbo

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:47 - May 5 by jonno

Surely it is time for some kind of investigation to be instigated into these referees and the decisions they make? Today's referee - and the one at Derby - was clearly intent on getting a result for the home team. Add to that the revelations by Freeman on the apology letters and something needs to be done.

Totally agree. Makes you wonder what is said at half time at Derby. Are these weak referees in awe of FF or something more sinister? Overall, the training of these officials needs rethinking. Personally, have never known a season like it.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:02 - May 5 with 1973 viewsSharpy36

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:30 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

Second pen decision awful, but still not as bad as the first.
I mean, to get two like this in one game is verging on suspicious.

And some on here hate VAR

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:09 - May 5 with 1911 viewsBoston

Yawn, scratch, piss....has the game started yet?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:16 - May 5 with 1867 viewsDejR_vu

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:16 - May 5 by Nov77

another letter of apology on its way?

Jesus, just seen this.

The referee’s got to be investigated, surely; no one’s that incompetent.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:16 - May 5 with 1859 viewsJAPRANGERS

Well done Rs, good way to end the season!

Those 2 penalty decisions against us were plain fukcing ridiculous. Refereeing decisions are so bad now that we need VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR VAR
like yesterday init?? Take it out of these referees hands.
The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:23 - May 5 with 1793 viewsBoston

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:27 - May 5 by DylanP

Missed the goal coz the stream froze. Even the good stuff is somehow frustrating when it comes to the Rs this season.

Get in there lads. Well done for never giving up on the game in spite of the referee's inexplicable attempts to give it to the Owls

...and that's why I don't bother to subscribe. It'd do my fuggin head in to sit down for a game and suffer sporadic buffering / freezing. Going back in time, I did listen to the audio commentary service(though to be truthful, I didn't pay for that either ), which I thoroughly enjoyed, even finding another use for the baby monitors as I placed one beside the 'puter, the other wherever I was in the house and it worked brilliantly.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 15:25]

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:25 - May 5 with 1779 viewsDejR_vu

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:47 - May 5 by jonno

I don’t know how anyone could watch that back and not conclude the ref’s cheating. Absolutely scandalous.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:27 - May 5 with 1762 viewsBoston

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:25 - May 5 by DejR_vu

I don’t know how anyone could watch that back and not conclude the ref’s cheating. Absolutely scandalous.

I'd like to see another angle, one which shows the positioning of the ref and linesmen at the moment of non contact.

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:32 - May 5 with 1734 viewskingo

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 14:54 - May 5 by flynnbo

Totally agree. Makes you wonder what is said at half time at Derby. Are these weak referees in awe of FF or something more sinister? Overall, the training of these officials needs rethinking. Personally, have never known a season like it.

Derby again gifted a penalty that wasn’t with the ref in a perfect position. Something is not right. Boro have also pointed the Irregularities out and they have been stiffed.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:37 - May 5 with 1696 viewsDejR_vu

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:27 - May 5 by Boston

I'd like to see another angle, one which shows the positioning of the ref and linesmen at the moment of non contact.

Well if he wants to excuse that he will either have to show he and the linesman were on the moon or had each other’s heads wedged up each other’s arses

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:45 - May 5 with 1622 viewskensalriser

What I don't understand is how a ref can give a key decision he's not certain about. And how could he be certain on the first one? He can't - so he just guessed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Sunday Wednesday pointless match thread on 15:47 - May 5 with 1611 viewsDavieQPR

Well if FF Derby do go up via the play offs it makes the mess of their ground purchase go away.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024