Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo 15:02 - Jul 12 with 4235 viewsPinnerPaul

Ahead of 1st proper game, with 7/8 new signings and a couple of interviews with the new man are we feeling more or less optimistic than we were before he was appointed?

For me - players and staff making all the right noises, but then that's the easy bit...……

Still going for 16th as it stands.

Fail to bring in a couple of forwards and I might revise that, but then again the 'right' signings might make me stupidly optimistic again!

You?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 4160 viewsCliff

I'm always optimistic at the start of the season. However I have less of a clue this season than normal because of the changes.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 4143 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Same old story since Austin left. I just can't see where the goals are going to come from. And a team that doesn't score many will always struggle. I also think the a couple of the promoted teams won't be push overs making the league difficult. Hate to say it, and I'd be gladly be proven wrong. But I can't see anything past a massive struggle for us.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:30 - Jul 12 with 4140 viewsNorthernr

Whole thing hinges on who's going to play up front.

We'll need to be hot at home, completely the opposite to last season, because I think Warburton's preferred style coupled with the problems that have persisted with us for years now will mean we're soft as sht away.

With Luongo and Freeman gone, those two Premier League loanees are going to have to hit the ground running and be Championship standard players right from the get go.

Rangel needs to stop playing people onside.

As it stands there are three teams, at least, worse than us, I think.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:54 - Jul 12 with 4039 viewsdaveB

All depends on what happens in rest of transfer window but would still expect to finish higher than last season and for a few more young players such as Bright, Smyth or Chair to be established first team players
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:56 - Jul 12 with 4038 viewsNorthernr

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 15:54 - Jul 12 by daveB

All depends on what happens in rest of transfer window but would still expect to finish higher than last season and for a few more young players such as Bright, Smyth or Chair to be established first team players

I'd bloody love it if those three become Champ regulars for us.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 4012 viewskensalriser

16th is absolutely on the button. And I'd be happy with that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 3966 viewsolderR

Not starting too well.
Chair, Waker ,Smith and Wallace injured.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:22 - Jul 12 with 3921 viewsNorthernr

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:12 - Jul 12 by olderR

Not starting too well.
Chair, Waker ,Smith and Wallace injured.

Hoping that as it's literally the first friendly anybody with a broken toe nail is classed as injured because why would you risk them?

Or, you know, we've done a Richard Ord again.
Login to get fewer ads

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:35 - Jul 12 with 3881 viewspeejaybee

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:22 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Hoping that as it's literally the first friendly anybody with a broken toe nail is classed as injured because why would you risk them?

Or, you know, we've done a Richard Ord again.

Whatever happened to Richard Ord.?????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 17:07 - Jul 12 with 3786 viewsrsonist

Obviously we do need strikers, and we'll get them.

But people are banging on about it like we can't still be toothless with good ones, or dangerous with ones who aren't prolific. I'm hoping for us to be a lot more cohesive transitioning from defence to attack together as a unit - then we can argue about what sort of icing the cake needs.

General expectations same as anyone's, 16th-21st, the usual.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 17:11 - Jul 12 with 3777 viewsNorthernr

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 17:07 - Jul 12 by rsonist

Obviously we do need strikers, and we'll get them.

But people are banging on about it like we can't still be toothless with good ones, or dangerous with ones who aren't prolific. I'm hoping for us to be a lot more cohesive transitioning from defence to attack together as a unit - then we can argue about what sort of icing the cake needs.

General expectations same as anyone's, 16th-21st, the usual.

Prove anything with statistics of course but according to this, transitioning, attacking as a unit, supporting the attackers and all of that wasn't an issue last season. The issue was that in the top 20 most wasteful strikers in the league, for based on the quality of the chances and how many they missed, we had three in the top 11.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 3549 viewsEsox_Lucius

It would be interesting to see Sylla's figures using that metric.

The grass is always greener.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 19:19 - Jul 12 with 3468 viewsDorse

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 17:11 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Prove anything with statistics of course but according to this, transitioning, attacking as a unit, supporting the attackers and all of that wasn't an issue last season. The issue was that in the top 20 most wasteful strikers in the league, for based on the quality of the chances and how many they missed, we had three in the top 11.

We all knew they were bad. There's no need for him to rub it in.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 12:35 - Jul 13 with 3107 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Are they under performing though.? Or are they just not that good? A lot of very average shite earing a very good living in football in the last couple of decades.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 12:49 - Jul 13 with 3044 viewsPunteR

Hmmm.. 16th? Not sure anyone deep down will be happy with that. Of course if we end up being crap then i'd take 16th over relegation any day.
I would be happy to finish above Brentford for a change. I guess it all depends on the performances of the team and management. We have a young team, lots of new players so its probably going to be tough as per. Mid table mediocrity is my prediction.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 09:53 - Jul 14 with 2700 viewsfrancisbowles

So am I reading it right when it says McGoldrick was the worst culprit?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 12:34 - Jul 14 with 2615 viewsHarbour

A season of struggle cannot see MW performing miracles with the squad we have hope I am wrong but cannot see us doing better than last season I go for a nervy 20th...
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 20:16 - Jul 14 with 2462 viewsstevec

Stats like this aren’t worth looking at.

McGoldrick 15 goals from 45
Lee Gregory, 10 goals and 7 assists

We could do with a bit of that type of underperforming!

Best way not to get on that list is avoid all contact with the fckin ball.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 00:11 - Jul 15 with 2282 viewsFDC

Wow that's interesting, given the perception that Smith was limited but a good impact sub.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 13:22 - Jul 17 with 1846 viewsDavieQPR

Not so optimistic of Chair making it, just too lightweight, and Samuel seriously needs to improve his shooting. Do feel though that there is a good stiker and a good prospect in the pipeline.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 16:46 - Jul 17 with 1665 viewsRangersw12

I would be happy staying up
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 1627 viewsHooped_Pullie

Only thing about this coming season that I've got a slight feel for is that once again our league position will change wildly through the season. Just have this idea that we'll veer from 8th-20th at various stages. What frustrates me is that other clubs in this division with similarly paltry resources will be aiming for a top-six tilt at least...not all (perhaps not any) will actually get there, but the ambition will take them into the upper reaches. Our mentality as a club - from the manager, through the players, down to the fans - seems to be that because we haven't got pots of money anymore, we should automatically be dire. It's a defeatism other clubs don't have, and struggling will be a self-fulfilling prophecy until and unless we shake it. You can bet that the likes of Preston will be aiming higher than 16th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024