Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 19:55 - Jul 16 with 21358 viewsconnell10

Where is he injured???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 19:58 - Jul 16 with 7259 viewsDorse

In the goolies?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Smyth on 23:04 - Jul 16 with 6610 viewssmegma

He was in the dugout in Vienna but was wearing jeans and polo shirt.
Smyth on 23:27 - Jul 16 with 6538 viewsDannyPaddox

Smyth on 23:04 - Jul 16 by smegma

He was in the dugout in Vienna but was wearing jeans and polo shirt.

Jeans and a polo shirt? You mean the new away kit.
Smyth on 23:40 - Jul 16 with 6500 viewsconnell10

Well unless he is injured this is a very strange move from Warburton.

Smyth on 12:13 - Jul 17 with 6131 viewsJJB

Never understood the love in for this player, he has scored one goal for us hasn't he? Yes he is quick but so is my dog and I wouldn't expect him to score 10/15 goals for us this season either.

He will end up in League One. (Not My Dog)

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Smyth on 12:15 - Jul 17 with 6122 viewsTheChef

Smyth on 12:13 - Jul 17 by JJB

Never understood the love in for this player, he has scored one goal for us hasn't he? Yes he is quick but so is my dog and I wouldn't expect him to score 10/15 goals for us this season either.

Tsk, he's our lord and saviour don't you know?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Smyth on 12:22 - Jul 17 with 6085 viewsrunningman75

You would have though friendlies would be a no risk way of giving players a run out and seeing who is up to the task. Smyth appears not to be in the managers thoughts so likely to end up in league 1 or lower as managers at QPR have not rated him.
Smyth on 12:38 - Jul 17 with 6030 viewsconnell10

mmmm yeah right mate!

Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 12:40 - Jul 17 with 6014 viewsJJB

Bet you a tenner now he doesn't score over 5 goals for us this season or over ten in any of the lower leagues?

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Smyth on 12:46 - Jul 17 with 5989 viewsfrancisbowles

I think we haven't really seen enough of him to be sure. Smeg will know but I don't think he has been consistently effective for the U23s. Some match winning performances and some where he has been anonymous. I think his loan, in league one, was a bit patchy as well.

I think he may be a bit too small and lightweight to be really convincing in the Championship and would think if he does have a future with us it will be mainly as an impact player of the bench.

Would like to see more of him though but suspect that he hasn't done enough in training to make any of our coaches/managers want to risk giving him a run.
Smyth on 15:20 - Jul 17 with 5749 viewsW12Mikey

I certainly don't think Smyth is the Messiah, but it does seem strange that he is apparently being frozen out (unless he is injured, but as far as I know the club haven't said he is injured). With 3 goals in 15 league appearances for Accrington last season and 2 goals for QPR (OK one was a Cup game), his career scoring record is better than Oteh's. Being short and lightweight didn't seem to stop Smyth terrorising Cardiff on his debut, nor scoring for Northern Ireland on his international debut. With such a dearth of goalscoring talent while we wait for the promised striker signings, why not give him a run out in a friendly? I can only assume he has fallen out with the manager or we are intending to sell him.
Smyth on 15:21 - Jul 17 with 5741 viewsNorthernr

It's an injury, it must be. When you've got people like Hamalainen getting minutes, who bless him isn't going to be a Championship level player as long as he's got a hole in his ars, and Smyth isn't even coming off the bench then it can only be an injury.
Smyth on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 5719 viewsW12Mikey

Smyth on 15:21 - Jul 17 by Northernr

It's an injury, it must be. When you've got people like Hamalainen getting minutes, who bless him isn't going to be a Championship level player as long as he's got a hole in his ars, and Smyth isn't even coming off the bench then it can only be an injury.

I hope you're right (and it's only a minor injury). Would be a terrible waste otherwise.
Smyth on 15:25 - Jul 17 with 5719 viewsconnell10

Don't think Smyth has made the bench even has he? As I say if not injured very strange!

Smyth on 15:30 - Jul 17 with 5700 viewsNorthernr

Smyth on 15:25 - Jul 17 by connell10

Don't think Smyth has made the bench even has he? As I say if not injured very strange!

Thought he was an unused sub on Friday but might be wrong.
Smyth on 15:36 - Jul 17 with 5667 viewsLythamR

Smyth on 15:30 - Jul 17 by Northernr

Thought he was an unused sub on Friday but might be wrong.

Hope he does get a fair chance, he is fiesty and niggly and doesnt give an inch to anyone,
Smyth on 15:41 - Jul 17 with 5640 viewspaulparker

I thought Hamalaien had baulked up quite a bit since the last time I saw him
There’s definitely something there to work with as he looked quite tidy ( mind you this was through a YouTube picture and 4 bottles of becks)
As for Smyth I think he needs games and a run of say 5/10 matches where he is given a proper go how elder are we going to know I rate him more than shodipo people saying he isn’t a championship player are probably the same people saying manning wouldn’t offer anything to the team last year when we were going through a rough patch looked what happened when he got a run in the side

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smyth on 16:12 - Jul 17 with 5507 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth - another in a long long line of players who gets better and better with every passing minute he doesn't play
Smyth on 20:23 - Jul 17 with 5235 viewsVancouverHoop

I thought Hamalaien had baulked up quite a bit since the last time I saw him
There’s definitely something there to work with as he looked quite tidy ( mind you this was through a YouTube picture and 4 bottles of becks)

Only three appearances in 20 matches for LAFC doesn't suggest he impressed very much. Mind you they are the best team in MLS by some distance so a starting gig is not a gimme.
Smyth on 21:04 - Jul 17 with 5160 viewsDannytheR

Smyth on 19:58 - Jul 16 by Dorse

In the goolies?

I wish I knew why this made me laugh so much.
Smyth on 21:12 - Jul 17 with 5142 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 16:12 - Jul 17 by PinnerPaul

Smyth - another in a long long line of players who gets better and better with every passing minute he doesn't play

He was also very good when he was given chance to play under Holloway and also did well at Accrington last season, he tore Sunderland apart the same night we lost to Watford in the cup.

I thought he should have been a regular last season in the side, bizarre that he was never used after such a promising start the season before, reminds me a bit of Ainsworth with his fight and effort on the wing and he has a decent cross on him as well.

his misses is a teacher at my kids school and so will get my son to ask her tomorrow if he's injured. She's usually pretty honest judging by what she used to say about mcclaren last season.
Smyth on 21:54 - Jul 17 with 5054 viewsRoller

As much as I enjoy watching him play, we need to be continually bringing through young players and developing them so we can sell them, Smyth is a good candidate for that.
Smyth on 22:40 - Jul 17 with 4993 viewsLblock

Smyth on 12:40 - Jul 17 by JJB

Bet you a tenner now he doesn't score over 5 goals for us this season or over ten in any of the lower leagues?

I’ll take that bet.

My caveat is he needs to play 15 full games plus 5 other appearances for us
Or
30 starts + 5 in any other league

Cup Games included

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smyth on 22:44 - Jul 17 with 4984 viewsLblock

Rate him as a player.

Reminded me a bit of Sinton due to his stature
He’s dogged, fiesty, confident and has ability to boot. A couple of the finished I’ve seen him put away have been pure instinct..... something Toshington never had.

He also possesses something we’ve lacked for years... PACE

Add to the mix I think he genuinely wants to play football and what’s more, play it for us!
Fingers crossed for the lad

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Smyth on 00:12 - Jul 18 with 4889 viewsonlyrinmoray

Smyth on 22:44 - Jul 17 by Lblock

Rate him as a player.

Reminded me a bit of Sinton due to his stature
He’s dogged, fiesty, confident and has ability to boot. A couple of the finished I’ve seen him put away have been pure instinct..... something Toshington never had.

He also possesses something we’ve lacked for years... PACE

Add to the mix I think he genuinely wants to play football and what’s more, play it for us!
Fingers crossed for the lad

Agree with every word That first goal did it for me Its a mystery why he never plays That goal reminded me of Michael Owen

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024