Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smyth 19:55 - Jul 16 with 21437 viewsconnell10

Where is he injured???

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Smyth on 13:50 - Jul 19 with 2543 viewsozexile

Smyth on 13:25 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

With all due respect, that pace bit is just nonsense

We have Shodipo, Chair and Bright for pace.

Bright I'll grant you. Shodipo won't play and chair is a ball to feet player. He won't be running in behind and stretching defences from what I've seen.
Smyth on 13:52 - Jul 19 with 2538 viewspaulparker

Smyth on 13:41 - Jul 19 by daveB

Who said we have a world beater?

We have a promising kid who we could use and who we have just given a long contract to but he will be spending at least the first 12 months of that contract playing for someone else whilst we pay for short term fixes to replace him. It once again goes against everything the club have talked about doing,

I'll hold on going full nuclear until after the transfer window but it all feels very similar to last summer at the moment

Especially if we are signing judge and McKay and if the report reads correct that we are also looking at prem youngsters
We have a kid who is our own who is decent and who hasn’t had a run in the side since the 17/18 season , why are we back to signing cheap crocks and other teams kids it’s madness

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Smyth on 13:53 - Jul 19 with 2531 viewsaston_hoop

I thought he'd have a role to play this season. Its just that I can see goals in him, he can finish and he works hard and frightens defences. Just thought he'd have that Jamie Mackie knack of scoring 9 or 10 this season if he got a run. David Wheeler is the only player in our squad who has ever scored double figures in a football season, any goal threat is good right now!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 13:54]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Smyth on 13:56 - Jul 19 with 2509 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 13:47 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Yeh, I feel this way too.

And as I said in the piece around the Dominic Ball transfer, we're very quickly working ourselves into quite the corner should we do our usual thing or getting rid of this manager in 8-12 months. This is going to be a Warburton team, full of his players, for his very particular way of playing the game from front to back and left to right the way we're going, with 13 new arrivals rumoured now, Matt Smith flogged, little Smyth loaned, ball playing centre backs signed and so on.

I can just hear whoever replaces him talking about the need for more physical presence and height up front, more power at the back, two or three transfer windows to get it right, players kicking their heels in the background waiting for contracts to run down and so on.

Very concerned.

This was always going to be a busy summer with a lot of new players but was one we had to get right. With Freeman and Smithies gone we need to be adding players this summer who can do well for us and who we can sell going forward. I know nothing about the players we've signed so far and whether they fit that bill or not but i don't feel optimistic about it.

That should be the this summer add 1 or 2 freeman style signings and have at least one of Eze, Chair, Bright or Smyth star in the first team and get a move otherwise we are back to square one every summer.

ALso if we are serious about selling players after developing them this was a big year for Smyth, good year with us and possible appearance at Euros with Northern Ireland but no off you go to Wycombe becasue we only want a certain tyoe of winger now.

I need work to finish so I can stop getting the hump about this and go and have a pint
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 13:59]
Smyth on 14:04 - Jul 19 with 2470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm torn on this one. Generally, if sensible lads like Clive and DaveB are concerned about something, it gives me pause for thought. I also see the point of those who've said that the last two managers haven't played Smyth much.

This is still a rumoured/possible deal so I'm not getting excited either way but perhaps he's just not ready for the Championship and with a long deal it's best for all if he develops elsewhere for another while?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smyth on 14:18 - Jul 19 with 2391 viewssimmo

In basic terms we have 3 positions behind the striker to fill and 5 first choices as things stand (not including someone new, which looks inevitable). 3 playing and 2 on the bench means someone doesn't even make the bench.

BOS, Shodipo, Chair, Eze, Scowen

There's an argument that Smyth should be ahead of Shodipo for me, but maybe clubs above league 2 aren't interested in taking Shodipo. Smyth is sought after in League One, so we'll get a lot more value for him playing in an Ainsworth team for 6 months than we will Shodipo in some League 2 team.

I'd prefer Smyth here, but I also want minutes for Eze, Bright and Chair, so it makes some sense to me based on that to send someone on loan. It would just be a shame if it's at the expense of a new/older signing with less sell-on value, which looks the case.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Smyth on 14:19 - Jul 19 with 2380 viewsconnell10

Smyth on 10:48 - Jul 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes and if we’re going to be playing wing back system then having a glut of wingers perhaps isn’t the best thing. TBH going on Tuesday nights game, Manning seems to be our most effective wide player atm. Wallace still to come in etc.

If we play with rangel as a wing back again we are F ucked!

Smyth on 14:24 - Jul 19 with 2357 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I am also concerned.
I was really please to see Warbs appointed and I have liked what I have heard in his interviews.
But if it all goes wrong (and let's face it, it usually does with us) then we have signed an awful lot of players that you would deem his signings. I am really surprised the power he seems to have wielded within the transfer policy in such a short period. We seem to be almost betting the bank (or s**t or bust) on him don't we?

We will not want a start like last season, that is for sure.
Login to get fewer ads

Smyth on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 2355 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 14:18 - Jul 19 by simmo

In basic terms we have 3 positions behind the striker to fill and 5 first choices as things stand (not including someone new, which looks inevitable). 3 playing and 2 on the bench means someone doesn't even make the bench.

BOS, Shodipo, Chair, Eze, Scowen

There's an argument that Smyth should be ahead of Shodipo for me, but maybe clubs above league 2 aren't interested in taking Shodipo. Smyth is sought after in League One, so we'll get a lot more value for him playing in an Ainsworth team for 6 months than we will Shodipo in some League 2 team.

I'd prefer Smyth here, but I also want minutes for Eze, Bright and Chair, so it makes some sense to me based on that to send someone on loan. It would just be a shame if it's at the expense of a new/older signing with less sell-on value, which looks the case.

of those 5 options though none of them are right wingers. They can play on the right but all of them better in middle or wide left
Smyth on 14:31 - Jul 19 with 2332 viewssimmo

Smyth on 14:26 - Jul 19 by daveB

of those 5 options though none of them are right wingers. They can play on the right but all of them better in middle or wide left

You say that but in the 2 pre-season games so far Bright, Eze and Chair have all played on the right, the 3 have been very interchangeable across those positions actually, maybe Warburton feels Smyth is less able to do that, but either way all of those 5 bar Scowen have and will be played on the right of those 3.

Smyth on 14:39 - Jul 19 with 2305 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 14:31 - Jul 19 by simmo

You say that but in the 2 pre-season games so far Bright, Eze and Chair have all played on the right, the 3 have been very interchangeable across those positions actually, maybe Warburton feels Smyth is less able to do that, but either way all of those 5 bar Scowen have and will be played on the right of those 3.

As I say they can play there but results show they are not at their best in that position
Smyth on 14:39 - Jul 19 with 2304 viewsbosh67

We have BOS and Manning to play left side but Smyth can play both and down the middle. I want Warburton to succeed but this seems very short sighted moving out forward players before we have others in. I like Smyth, not sure why we keep doing this to young prospects.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Smyth on 14:50 - Jul 19 with 2259 viewsDejR_vu

Smyth on 13:47 - Jul 19 by Northernr

Yeh, I feel this way too.

And as I said in the piece around the Dominic Ball transfer, we're very quickly working ourselves into quite the corner should we do our usual thing or getting rid of this manager in 8-12 months. This is going to be a Warburton team, full of his players, for his very particular way of playing the game from front to back and left to right the way we're going, with 13 new arrivals rumoured now, Matt Smith flogged, little Smyth loaned, ball playing centre backs signed and so on.

I can just hear whoever replaces him talking about the need for more physical presence and height up front, more power at the back, two or three transfer windows to get it right, players kicking their heels in the background waiting for contracts to run down and so on.

Very concerned.

Why are you surprised though? We've got the same people at the club making the same decisions. It's not going to change until we get people in who can walk the walk.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Smyth on 14:56 - Jul 19 with 2218 viewsNorthernr

Smyth on 14:50 - Jul 19 by DejR_vu

Why are you surprised though? We've got the same people at the club making the same decisions. It's not going to change until we get people in who can walk the walk.

I don't remember saying I was surprised.
Smyth on 15:03 - Jul 19 with 2187 viewsconnell10

Smyth on 14:56 - Jul 19 by Northernr

I don't remember saying I was surprised.

Same old ,same old to me! Just hope Warburton don't turn out to be a Wally mark 2!

Smyth on 15:34 - Jul 19 with 2105 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Smyth on 13:56 - Jul 19 by daveB

This was always going to be a busy summer with a lot of new players but was one we had to get right. With Freeman and Smithies gone we need to be adding players this summer who can do well for us and who we can sell going forward. I know nothing about the players we've signed so far and whether they fit that bill or not but i don't feel optimistic about it.

That should be the this summer add 1 or 2 freeman style signings and have at least one of Eze, Chair, Bright or Smyth star in the first team and get a move otherwise we are back to square one every summer.

ALso if we are serious about selling players after developing them this was a big year for Smyth, good year with us and possible appearance at Euros with Northern Ireland but no off you go to Wycombe becasue we only want a certain tyoe of winger now.

I need work to finish so I can stop getting the hump about this and go and have a pint
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 13:59]

Although even the better League 1 players are regularly commanding 7 figure sums these days. So if Smyth rips it up for Wycombe his value will rise and considering the small amount we paid for him that should be seen as a success.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Smyth on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2045 viewssimmo

Smyth on 14:39 - Jul 19 by daveB

As I say they can play there but results show they are not at their best in that position

None of them have played in this system and in this way though. Eze played on the 'wing' before but tucked back in as a deep formation, the 3 here and much more fluid, running across the pitch, dropping deep, etc. If the BH game was anything to go on, the width comes from the full-backs so the 3 behind the striker are all over the place.

Not justifying this move as I'd like to have kept Smyth too, but I'd prefer a loan to him barely playing or not even making the bench.

Smyth on 16:15 - Jul 19 with 1981 viewsrsonist

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/paul-smyth-joins-wycombe-wanderers-on-loan/

"Yes, he could benefit from being around the first-team squad here and having occasional pitch time but our focus has to be on having Paul develop as swiftly as possible and there is no better teacher than playing the game itself.

"We will work closely with Gareth, someone we trust and respect very much, to ensure that Paul's development is closely monitored, with the focus on being to have Paul return to the club at the end of the Season a better player for the experience.

"I fully appreciate that some of our supporters will be concerned at the evident lack of attacking options, but [MURDER SPREE ENSUES]

[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 16:16]
Smyth on 16:29 - Jul 19 with 1898 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth on 13:27 - Jul 19 by Northernr

On the rare occasions that Shodipo is
a) not injured
and
b) not fallen over

Points taken, but I was making the point that there MAY be reasons for keeping Smyth, but to say he is the only pace option isn't one of them.

Still, he's gone now, so Chair can resume the mantle...…..
Smyth on 16:30 - Jul 19 with 1893 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth on 13:27 - Jul 19 by LongsufferingR

Now who's exaggerating? Not one person has said he's a world beater. Deserves a proper run in the side as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough, that was a bit tongue in cheek.
Smyth on 16:31 - Jul 19 with 1888 viewsPinnerPaul

Smyth on 13:41 - Jul 19 by daveB

Who said we have a world beater?

We have a promising kid who we could use and who we have just given a long contract to but he will be spending at least the first 12 months of that contract playing for someone else whilst we pay for short term fixes to replace him. It once again goes against everything the club have talked about doing,

I'll hold on going full nuclear until after the transfer window but it all feels very similar to last summer at the moment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't yet signed/loaned anyone that plays like him/in his position have we?
Smyth on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 1854 viewsRblockPrior

Put it this way we have just let our best striker at the club go on loan

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Smyth on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 1854 viewsdaveB

Smyth on 16:31 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't yet signed/loaned anyone that plays like him/in his position have we?

nope but we will be in the next few days
Smyth on 16:47 - Jul 19 with 1803 viewsdistortR

Can i just add another FFS?
Smyth on 16:58 - Jul 19 with 1744 viewskropotkin41

This seems a bit odd to me... but then wtf do I know? Not much tbh.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024