Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thread to air grievances around QPR 10:54 - Jul 26 with 3883 viewsdavman

So many things to get concerned about; let's just list them out; I'll start:

Strikers - Warburton: "Its not about getting strikers in, its about getting the right strikers in" - yep, but the longer this gets left, the more desperate we wil get and the more likely we will end up getting ANY Striker in. Yes, they're bloomin' expensive and yes, it's difficult, blah, blah, blah, BUT WE LET TWO IN MATT SMITH AND PAUL SMYTH OUT OF THE FECKIN DOOR. Why did we not hold on to them until we have replacements in?

Keepers - just why, Even with Seny going out on loan we have 5 'keepers and we are skint.

Luongo and Leistner - ostracised, probably unmotivated now and feeling unloved for what bloody gain? Just like when Waddock did it, when we fail to offload them, we are stuck with them, so how do you get their trust back and get them playing if they end up staying?

The Board - hapless, hopeless and directly responsible from taking us from a Promoted team into the Promised Land into a desperate "organisation" trying desperately to hang on to survival in the Second Tier. No new ground, training ground not started, continual empty promises, blah, blah fecking blah. People blame FFP for where we are, but they had two opportunities to get this sorted and failed horrendously. Yes, FFP is an utter sham, but they signed up to the rules and they chose to blatantly ignore them. Cornholios.

The DoF - seems utterly powerless the way we do this. No say in who the Manager / Head Coach is, seemingly no say over continuity in the club, probably already researching who the next manager will be in the Autumn, by looking at releasing a range of club gilets in time for his "dream" appointment. Wondering how on earth the next guy will cope with Warburton's tippy tappy no physical presence shell of a team, but not really caring as the money keeps rolling in. Will always be a club legend to me, but even he must be questioning what he actually does.

Agent Fees - Apparently, we're to be praised because the wage bill will have collapsed this summer, but is anyone actually asking just how much each of these "free" and "undisclosed" transfers and costing? And, who is getting them and just how independent are they from the staff we have employed, who are only likely to be with us for 6 months at best? Sounds like a good way of making money or currying favour to me... (No accusation made here as I do not have facts, just curious...)

ARRGGHHHHHH

Any more?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:04 - Jul 26 with 2704 viewsBuckR

Well thats cheered me right up
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:15 - Jul 26 with 2662 viewsNed_Kennedys

Good idea: no-one has been able to find any threads where they could have a good old moan until now.....
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:16 - Jul 26 with 2654 viewsrunningman75

I keep thinking this is a bad trip and things will get better though QPR is is in need of a massive dosage of anti psychotics.
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 2626 viewsDaiHo0p

5 Iconic Crests
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:24 - Jul 26 with 2625 viewsPhildo

I love the old girl - not what she was when younger but I am in this for life
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:25 - Jul 26 with 2622 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good God....

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:27 - Jul 26 with 2603 viewsEsox_Lucius

Someone got a bit hot and bothered by the heat yesterday. Just what the message board needed , someone to actually complain about what is going on at QPR instead of everyone looking at things through rose coloured spectacles which is so prevalent on here.

The grass is always greener.

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:31 - Jul 26 with 2579 viewsessextaxiboy

Honestly ,does this thread serve any purpose 2 weeks before a new season .We having kicked a ball in anger yet . Can't we be positive for now ?
Login to get fewer ads

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:12 - Jul 26 with 2476 viewsdavman

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 11:27 - Jul 26 by Esox_Lucius

Someone got a bit hot and bothered by the heat yesterday. Just what the message board needed , someone to actually complain about what is going on at QPR instead of everyone looking at things through rose coloured spectacles which is so prevalent on here.

Not just the heat.

I am just so pssd off at the moment and the season has not even started. Maybe I should learn to wait and see, but it all seems so inevitable.

It was therapeutic for me to get it off my chest, but maybe it should have stayed off line!

Sorry!

Can we go out yet?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:15 - Jul 26 with 2467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:12 - Jul 26 by davman

Not just the heat.

I am just so pssd off at the moment and the season has not even started. Maybe I should learn to wait and see, but it all seems so inevitable.

It was therapeutic for me to get it off my chest, but maybe it should have stayed off line!

Sorry!

Glad it helped!

I know we all love Rangers but it's not good for the mental health to love them THAT much!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:16 - Jul 26 with 2458 viewsDavieQPR

Tendency to sign older players and loan younger ones.
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:21 - Jul 26 with 2437 viewssexton

I preferred the old season tickets.
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:30 - Jul 26 with 2408 viewsstevec

Leg room, or the lack of
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:33 - Jul 26 with 2396 viewsA40Bosh

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:15 - Jul 26 by BrianMcCarthy

Glad it helped!

I know we all love Rangers but it's not good for the mental health to love them THAT much!

Agreed it is a rant but whilst it is too early to either defend or berate the club and Warburton for this next “phase” much of Dav’s rant is IMHO one sided perception with no one from the club or someone with genuine insider knowledge to counter the attacks on the recruitment strategy.

I suspect that our acquisition budget is going to be based on pretty cast iron guarantees that savings have been made elsewhere. Hence Freeman, Smith and Smythe had to go out the door first before anyone could come in and others let go at the end of their contracts.

The goalkeepers situation is again something that needs understanding and has obviously not been done for no good reason. To say that we have 5 keepers in the club is I assume based on you including U23 keepers. I don’t imagine most clubs at this level have less on their books and there appears to be an assumption that just cos we have a goalie in the U23 they will automatically be ready to step up to the plate in the Championship. For the last few years we keep stating we can afford to sell our good goalies as we have loads of them only to have it proven that we don’t actually have the quality when it comes to it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:38 - Jul 26 with 2372 viewsdavman

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:33 - Jul 26 by A40Bosh

Agreed it is a rant but whilst it is too early to either defend or berate the club and Warburton for this next “phase” much of Dav’s rant is IMHO one sided perception with no one from the club or someone with genuine insider knowledge to counter the attacks on the recruitment strategy.

I suspect that our acquisition budget is going to be based on pretty cast iron guarantees that savings have been made elsewhere. Hence Freeman, Smith and Smythe had to go out the door first before anyone could come in and others let go at the end of their contracts.

The goalkeepers situation is again something that needs understanding and has obviously not been done for no good reason. To say that we have 5 keepers in the club is I assume based on you including U23 keepers. I don’t imagine most clubs at this level have less on their books and there appears to be an assumption that just cos we have a goalie in the U23 they will automatically be ready to step up to the plate in the Championship. For the last few years we keep stating we can afford to sell our good goalies as we have loads of them only to have it proven that we don’t actually have the quality when it comes to it.

I get all that, but as Clive said on the 'keeper situation, it is the ONE position that we are allowed to go out and get an Emergency Loan if we lose 2 'keepers. Surely that would mean that we don't need to pay the added insurance cover of a 3rd first team 'keeper?

...and you are right on the need to sell before we buy, but Smyth didn't bring any significant money in and Smith wouldn't have been that great a sum?

...and yes it was a rant!

Can we go out yet?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:51 - Jul 26 with 2330 viewsloftboy

Warm shite coloured water sold as lager.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:53 - Jul 26 with 2318 viewsEsox_Lucius

Skylarks.

The grass is always greener.

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:54 - Jul 26 with 2312 viewsdaveB

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:38 - Jul 26 by davman

I get all that, but as Clive said on the 'keeper situation, it is the ONE position that we are allowed to go out and get an Emergency Loan if we lose 2 'keepers. Surely that would mean that we don't need to pay the added insurance cover of a 3rd first team 'keeper?

...and you are right on the need to sell before we buy, but Smyth didn't bring any significant money in and Smith wouldn't have been that great a sum?

I don't get the keeper thing and do agree Matt Smith would have been useful to keep around but should point out he had asked to leave, Warburton didn't fancy him and he was in the last year of his contract so club had choice to take money or let him go on a free. All ifs and buts but if he had stayed and not played all season club would have been slated for not taking the money
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:55 - Jul 26 with 2310 viewsSuperhoop83

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:51 - Jul 26 by loftboy

Warm shite coloured water sold as lager.

So, it's Carlsberg again next season? 🤢

Suffering since 1978.

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:55 - Jul 26 with 2309 viewsA40Bosh

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 12:38 - Jul 26 by davman

Agreed hence why I said there must be a good reason that we are not party to behind getting in 2 new keepers. It may be a Hoos dictate that we try and find some young players in every position who are not going to cost much but we can try and make a profit on within 18mths and that includes keepers. Perhaps they still expect Lumley to move on before the window shuts when all the last minute business gets done. But who knows with any of this ?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 13:15 - Jul 26 with 2251 viewsqprxtc

The futility of existence.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 14:23]
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 13:18 - Jul 26 with 2236 viewsJJB

I remember happier carefree times when all the LSA had to moan about was the heat of the half time pies.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 13:21 - Jul 26 with 2225 viewsrrrspricey

With all the whinging that goes on here, this could go on longer than the Frankie Friday Music Thread
A thread to air grievances around QPR on 13:26 - Jul 26 with 2205 viewsTheChef

Ignore *click*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A thread to air grievances around QPR on 13:41 - Jul 26 with 2163 viewsR_from_afar

I see you have that Friday feeling

To be honest, we do have a lot of issues. I'm surprised they haven't been immortalised in a concept album by a band like Korn.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024